• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

I've narrowed down my shopping list for Friday... to $580 worth of stuff.

This is not going to go over well at home.

Narrowed down has a broad definition for you it seems. I'm getting two 6" figures and two sets and that's it. Falcon too close to go crazy like I did the past two years.

Osahi

R2 is the one that got away. Contemplated many times buying it (this was in my dark ages) but couldn't justify the price at the time. When I got out of the dark ages and had disposable income, R2 was oop.

Now I can't justify after market prices...

Narrowed down my list for Friday as well.

$0.

Paid for Old Fishing Store weeks ago, so that is already taken care of in my budget.

Falcon in two weeks, baby!

Isn't R2 (moderately) easy to Bricklink?

Should be. The only part that is unique to the set (aside from the name plate sticker) is the tubing near the feet.

Narrowed down my list for Friday as well.

$0.

Paid for Old Fishing Store weeks ago, so that is already taken care of in my budget.

Falcon in two weeks, baby!

Should be. The only part that is unique to the set (aside from the name plate sticker) is the tubing near the feet.

How'd you pay for it already?

DonShula

Well, you can always say it's still less than a single MF ;)

Narrowed down has a broad definition for you it seems. I'm getting two 6" figures and two sets and that's it. Falcon too close to go crazy like I did the past two years.

Old Fishing Store $150
Resistance Bomber $110
First Order Heavyweight Assault Walker $150
First Order Star Destroyer $160

I guess the total is $570 instead (yay?).

I don't have any iteration of the walker or destroyer so they are definite buys where for most of you they are not.

Leaving the smaller TLJ sets on the shelf, as well as Ninjago City and Destiny's Bounty.

I guess the bomber is a dud from a value perspective so I might leave that out for the first round and hope for discounts later. Maybe.

I still have a BrickLink order to put in this week...

Should be simple, go to lego.com and bottom left is link for replacement parts or try
https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/replacementparts/broken

It will ask for country and Brazil is there, so worth a try.

Stickers are usually not on the list, so just above parts list is a link "I can't find what I'm looking for" (now I need to get rid of U2 from my mind...) and write there that the stickers are damaged from transport. I'd say such request makes quite a big percentage of requests (if we count the real ones and not scams). At least for me it is about 50% of requests, I had to ask about 4+ times.

It is possible they will ask for a number printed somewhere in the manual.

Nope, out of luck. Tried and a few minutes later an email arrived:

"We’re sorry, but we haven’t been able to process your order 3005975451 as it didn’t pass our validation checks. This could be for a number of reasons and it may simply be that the number of parts you requested exceeds our maximum order quantity.
We’d like to help you get the replacement parts you need, but as the validation process is automatic, any similar orders placed through our website will also be cancelled. "

I guess because the set is too old and out of stock. Well, it was worth the try.

At or over AU$1000 would be my guess. (based on the exchange rate)

I'm also guessing it would be hard to get a discount for this set, maybe Myer would stock it but it'd be pretty sought after and you'd have to be quick when they discount their Lego.

Using the UCS Death Star as a guide:

AUD/USD :: 800/ 500 :: X/800

X= 1,280

Fuck!

I%27m_Out_Of_Here.gif

papluh

Nope, out of luck. Tried and a few minutes later an email arrived:

"We're sorry, but we haven't been able to process your order 3005975451 as it didn't pass our validation checks. This could be for a number of reasons and it may simply be that the number of parts you requested exceeds our maximum order quantity.
We'd like to help you get the replacement parts you need, but as the validation process is automatic, any similar orders placed through our website will also be cancelled. "

I guess because the set is too old and out of stock. Well, it was worth the try.

Did you put just the stickers ?
You can always ask a question about this order through the normal form. Or call.

I got this email multiple times, each of these when
- I put all window panes from Tower Bridge as they had injection marks visible over like 20% of area
- put all pink headlight bricks and cheese slopes from Simpson's car as already about half of them cracked
- put order of 2 Ecto-1 manuals, as I got one for me and one as present, the mine fell apart after first use, so to be safe I expected the other to be the same

Each time I either called or send message and they called back.
But it took them like 2 weeks to respond to message from the online form.

Really hate this corporate obscurity, like they could not say "too old" or "too much"...

Old Fishing Store $150
Resistance Bomber $110
First Order Heavyweight Assault Walker $150
First Order Star Destroyer $160

I guess the total is $570 instead (yay?).

I don't have any iteration of the walker or destroyer so they are definite buys where for most of you they are not.

I still have a BrickLink order to put in this week...

Dolphins money is infinite for coach Shula $$$$$$

Personally I'm just getting BB-8 and gonna wait for the wal mart clearances since they are getting the other sets
So cya in a year first order assault walker and destroyer 😎

I bought the U-wing today since it finally hit $30 :D
So that makes
Poes x wing
Krennic shuttle
Kylos command shuttle
U-wing
For $120+ tax
😍Clearance prices

DonShula

Personally I'm just getting BB-8 and gonna wait for the wal mart clearances since they are getting the other sets

So that makes
Poes x wing
Krennic shuttle
Kylos command shuttle
U-wing
For $120+ tax
😍Clearance prices

I would be dumb to spend that money at one time. So I'll probably go ahead and do it anyway.

U-Wing is the best RO ship IMO. Also got mine for $30 on random clearance. Paid too much for Krennic's ship ($60) and never did jump on the Kylo ship.

Now I'm having second thoughts with memories of all these sweet, sweet clearance prices.

Ryuuroden

So that makes
Poes x wing
Krennic shuttle
Kylos command shuttle
U-wing
For $120+ tax
😍Clearance prices

Yep I'm totally with you on that. I pretty much picked up all the Star Wars sets I wanted from the last Wave by waiting on Walmart clearance. I pretty much always wait on Amazon of prices 20% or more off but this time I was able to get away with even better savings because typically when I wait on Amazon it's usually a year wait anyways and just turned out that Walmart cleared out before I even had to go to Amazon

6195410.jpg

I first glanced at the parts list and thought, "So what. It's just a clear blue version of the same half cone we've had for years."
But it is actually larger.

Gee, I wonder what kind of set would make them want to make a larger piece like this?

I can't wait! Give me that four seater goodness.

5293175089_8d5955f774_bA_zpsb62ea167.jpg

6019243.jpg

Will one of these attach to two of those that are connected?

Plum

So will the new Star Wars sets go up on S&H on Friday? I want to get myself BB-8 and it would be great if I could get triple points (and the £15 it'll net me) with it.

Osahi

So, does Jang get his Review sets straight from Lego?

No. He has a message before every video stating if he bought it himself or not. He just got a promopackage recently, and as far as I know it is very rare he excepts these. I think he did it for the building challenge attached?

Haines

Banned
So i dont have a clue what im doing friday.

Do i go online at friday midnight eastern time And just order shit? Is it as simple as that? Will we get any advanced notice of the deals?

DonShula

So i dont have a clue what im doing friday.

Do i go online at friday midnight eastern time And just order shit? Is it as simple as that? Will we get any advanced notice of the deals?

The website won't necessarily update right at midnight.

I still have no idea what the "deals" will be. They might not tell us until they go live.

I fully expect a $15 Jyn Erso constraction and similar "deals." Maybe a $90 AT-TE and a $45 Encounter on Jakku. Something to make us all real disappointed.

Double or triple points will be the real MVP.

I need more shelf space, legos are just sitting on my bedroom floor lol. Instead of getting a big set on friday, I might get another shelf and a medium sized set. After this Im gonna have an entire wall of lego on shelves. Might have to start disassembling some...

DonShula

That'll end up being worth $1000 in the future
Mark my words

Everyone makes fun of it, but I'm at risk of buying it. You guys all go for the super detailed ships and sophisticated building techniques. I can be bought by bright colors and a ton of minifigures.

I lost an eBay auction for it that ended at $180 a few months ago simply because I spent too much time chatting with my boss while the auction was ending and missed it.

Everyone makes fun of it, but I'm at risk of buying it. You guys all go for the super detailed ships and sophisticated building techniques. I can be bought by bright colors and a ton of minifigures.

I lost an eBay auction for it that ended at $180 a few months ago simply because I spent too much time chatting with my boss while the auction was ending and missed it.
I never thought it was that bad of a set, just that people didn't like that it was branded as a UCS set.
But after watching the JANG review for it recently I didn't realize that there was some actually pretty bad stuff about it (Ion Cannon not having a finished back, Reactor only have 3 sections instead of 4, etc.).

Of course I have the Classic Batcave, so I can be swayed by nostalgia and great minifigs too. :D

DBT85

Despite mixing the bags im still getting though the TIE quite fast. Nearly finished the main body even though I've a newborn to look after and had family up all bank holiday weekend.

Plus side, it's looking amazing.

I did it.
I sold my 10019 and 10134.
It was hard to let them go but i'm sure we'll see new releases of those sets in the future.
Now i have enough space to display the MF.

R-User!

Allready killing it next year with mere fact Voltron will be made or is there any chance that comes out this year?

That should be next year because they still have Women of NASA to release. But you never know I guess.

Edit: were so close to Friday, but it fees like its far, far away.

DonShula

Finally broke down and watched some Jang reviews last night for the TLJ sets, hoping to save myself some money. It kinda worked.

Star Destroyer is confirmed. Looks like a good set and an acceptable purchase at MSRP.

The First Order Walker will probably be a "wait for a sale" set. I didn't see a lot of great detail for display purposes. It appears to be more of a toy than a display piece, which is fine, but not for $150.

My concerns about the Resistance Bomber were confirmed. It's a great, original, well-designed set with great minifigs (the helmets!) and it actually stands upright on its own. It is also priced ridiculously. 780 pieces for $110. I can see this thing getting an instant Walmart "rollback" to about $89 and then dropping from there. Don't think I can support the way Lego has priced this one, even though it otherwise looks amazing.

Decisions!

DonShula

I wondered if they would pre-built it, or if they would do an in-store building event starting on Friday. Either seems like a good promotion. Having the thing completed and front and center seems like good marketing, but so does letting people help to build it.

I was "evacuated" into the back room of a Lego Store once during a mall shooting. Not a lot of room back there to build, especially a UCS Falcon.

So right now, every lego store has the falcon and someone is building it now :eek:
Or do the store displays come assembled already

Friday hype

Promo displays come pre assembled and glued. But sometimes stores build some sets by themselves to display (in such cases not glued).

But 100% that the Falcon will come pre assembled to the stores.

Top Bottom