• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Rootbeer

Banned
It's gargantuan.

Nice leak!
Oh man, if it only came with 4 minifigs and those are the only minifis...
These UCS sets frequently have disappointing minifigure spreads, as you know. I was expecting only 1 or 2 minifigs honestly. So, guess it's above expectation for me. ;) Course, I was hoping for more.

What's interesting to me is Leia is in her ESB attire, wasn't expecting that. I guess I feel that, of all the combinations, ANH, RotJ or TFA makes the most sense because the Falcon plays a bigger role in those films.

*edit* after looking closer at the box it does appear to show the falcon escaping from cloud city (with tie fighters chasing) so ESB design makes sense.

I'd take four minifigs for a bigger or cheaper Falcon.

The people interested in figs have about 20 versions of every character anyway so it wouldn't be that huge a deal really.

Osahi

The minifig selection seems odd when they had BB-8 in their teaser video. I can see the TFA (or TLJ) cast being included too. Maybe TLJ, with BB-8, Rey, Chewie and
exclusive old Luke

Rootbeer

Banned
Yeah, BB8 seemed like a sure thing after the video showed him. So we can be hopeful that this is not all of the minifigs.

Maybe it will include four Original Trilogy and four Sequel Trilogy figs?
I don't care about minifigs at all, so that's fine for me.
If it came with zero minifigs, it would still sell like wildfire. While it's not a make or break point, sometimes there will be rare characters or exclusive prints in these sets. So it's always interesting to find out what is included.

I just wanted old Luke exclusive mini figure to cause a salt wave

That box art is from force awakens too so I bet they are on the other side of the box

Rootbeer

Banned
I just wanted old Luke exclusive mini figure to cause a salt wave

That box art is from force awakens too so I bet they are on the other side of the box
Me too. But only cause I already plan on buying it. If I were not buying it, it might be another story, haha.

It looks like the escape from cloud city at the end of ESB to me. You sure it's TFA?

the_falcon_escapes_cloud_city_by_balsavor.jpg

Anyway, if it is an ESB Falcon, that fits perfectly with the recent UCS Slave I and the portended Star Destroyer (Falcon escaping from a Star Destroyer into the asteroid fields, etc.)

Osahi

Me too. But only cause I already plan on buying it. If I were not buying it, it might be another story, haha.

It looks like the escape from cloud city at the end of ESB to me. You sure it's TFA?

Yeah, it's cloud city. The radar dish excludes TFA. And you can see cloud city vagely in the background.

Anyway, if it is an ESB Falcon, that fits perfectly with the recent UCS Slave I and the portended Star Destroyer (Falcon escaping from a Star Destroyer into the asteroid fields, etc.)

Hmm yeah thought that was sand
No Lando is now an even bigger fuck up now :(

Rootbeer

Banned
Hmm yeah thought that was sand
No Lando is now an even bigger fuck up now :(
Yup, an updated ESB Lando would be nice. The recent one we got was a different design.
Technically this set should also include R2 as well. Oh, and C-3PO should be in pieces (so include a net to fit on Chewie?) lol...

ruxtpin

Banned
Maybe the opposite side is an image of the Falcon from TFA with a different set of figures? Kind of disappointing if only 4 really are included, but I'll still by anyway (once double VIP rolls around).

ghostmind

Brickset has removed their Chewbacca buildable figure review, though they haven't commented whether they were being proactive, in light of what happened with JANG, or whether they received a legal threat from LEGO as well.

ghostmind

At least four more, being Old Han, Rey, Finn, and BB-8, but I've also heard there could be additional minifigs up to a total of 16.

Hoping for Lando and Nien Nunb

Brickset has removed their Chewbacca buildable figure review, though they haven't commented whether they were being proactive, in light of what happened with JANG, or whether they received a legal threat from LEGO as well.

That review was a bit weird anyway, it constantly went on about how amazing it looked but the photos of it made it look pretty awful. Maybe it looks better in person, but it was hard to imagine.

Osahi

At least four more, being Old Han, Rey, Finn, and BB-8, but I've also heard there could be additional minifigs up to a total of 16.

Hoping for Lando and Nien Nunb

Would be cool if they had 4 figures per movie the Falcon appeared in (minus Episode VIII that would be 16 figs in total), with some crossover figs like Chewie...

Do you have any news about an interiour?

ghostmind

Would be cool if they had 4 figures per movie the Falcon appeared in (minus Episode VIII that would be 16 figs in total), with some crossover figs like Chewie...

Nothing beyond rumours - info on this set has been so closely guarded. Hoping to see it in person on Friday!

Rootbeer

Banned

Posted the same thing earlier but removed it from my post cause it sounded too pie in the sky.

But then I saw ghostmind's post... maybe it really will happen.

Include all the minifigs to recreate some of the most iconic falcon cockpit scenes from IV, V, VI and VII (maybe VIII?)

I won't link the thread in case there's still excitement/spoilers going on for Friday, but there's official calendar pictures of the new set and it's box on Reddit now.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
The original had a Luke minifig inside the quad-cannon bay, so maybe that's where it is.

But yeah, that's kind of a letdown. Maybe there's an interior still, but it looks like they just added 2000 tiny pieces to the outside to detail it more.

DBT85

Finished the body of the TIE. Trying not to rustle too loud in the whole collection of bits is quite hard with a newborn next to you lol.

Yesterday for about 15 mins I was building left hand only as my right was busy rocking little one to sleep.

I look forward to Slave, Saturn, Snowspeeder, deathstar and possibly even MF on Brutal mode.

corin7

Neo Member
Goodness that is amazing looking. Won't be picking up for at least a year but looking forward to going to the lego store during lunch next week and seeing it in person.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Couldn't give two shits about the minifigs. I have to start scraping $800 together.

If the minifigs were exclusive I’d happily sell them to reduce the cost of the MF.

potentially comign out the day before the new iphone. Maybe I can live with this moto g3 for two years...

willp2003

If the minifigs were exclusive I’d happily sell them to reduce the cost of the MF.

potentially comign out the day before the new iphone. Maybe I can live with this moto g3 for two years...

I was thinking I might sell off any TFA figs and keep the OT ones. I only collect OT although I think I'll pick up BB8 to go with R2.

Not sure what LEGO set I would be interested in buying a massive >$400 set of.

A giant Hogwarts castle with tons of mini-figs is about the only thing I can think of at the moment.

I really don't see how people think there will be more minifigs in this set when on that leaked pic it CLEARLY shows only those 4, at least in the pic with the full box showing?

Top Bottom