• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Osahi

I really don't see how people think there will be more minifigs in this set when on that leaked pic it CLEARLY shows only those 4, at least in the pic with the full box showing?
Bb-8 was in the promo and is not in the picture. That is at least very odd. My two cents: the back is TFA...

DBT85

Guess people just expect a bit more for their dollar. You get 4 with Slave 1 and Han in carbonite on top, and the Death star has like eleventy twelve.

Boogiepop

Hooray, looks like I finally scored a Town Hall in the price range I wanted! Still needs to arrive so I can make sure everything checks out and everything's both there and legitimate, but I'd imagine it should probably be fine. (It's the kind of seller where they only have a handful of reviews but they're all positive, but they've also been a member since 2002, so it should be a legitimate "this person just doesn't use eBay often, but is still totally legit" sort of seller. And I guess worst comes to worst and it somehow is an issue, buyer protection would help me out. But I'm not expecting that.) No minifigs, but I had already attempted to figure out bricklinking without them for this price range to no avail, so I'm cool with that.

So yeah, hopefully should arrive soon and everything will look fine, and then I'll just be short a Green Grocer and Assembly Square on having a complete set of (non Market Street) modulars!

Oh my God, are people going to do a drop video with this $800 set?

Lego can be rebuilt... I've never understood why some react with such shock and horror to breaking Lego sets. I suppose it's possible some more fragile parts could snap and actually break (and if so, you could probably just request new parts from Lego), but otherwise it just means you get to experience the fun of rebuilding the set again!

Like others I'm planning to sell a number of my older Lego sets to help finance the Falcon. These ones, specifically:
Lego Marvel Super Heroes 6869 Quinjet Aerial Battle
Lego Star Wars 7965 Millennium Falcon
Lego Modular Buildings 10211 Grand Emporium
Lego Galaxy Squad 70704 Vermin Vaporizer
Lego Galaxy Squad 70707 Eradicator Mech
Lego Galaxy Squad 70708 Hive Crawler
The Lego Movie 70808 Super Cycle Chase
Lego Star Wars 75025 Jedi Defender-class Cruiser
Lego Marvel Super Heroes 76031 The Hulk Buster Smash

Not really too big on Marvel stuff so don't mind getting rid of that, no reason to keep the smaller Falcon if I'm getting the big, Grand Emporium is my least favorite modular I have and I don't have a full set as is so might as well prune it, I like Galaxy Squad but I've had those sets a LONG time and I can live with just keeping my favorite (Bug Obliterator), never really cared much for that one Lego Movie set, and same for the Jedi Defender I'm just not a big fan of it. All together with fees and shipping in mind I estimate this can bring me to $450+

Then, I'm also refunding my Star Citizen pledges. That should itself pay for the Falcon actually, but now I need a crown for a broken tooth so... Of course that happens just before this UCS comes out.

Lego can be rebuilt... I've never understood why some react with such shock and horror to breaking Lego sets.
I had an old AT-AT (from the Darkside Developers Kit) that dropped from a shelf and one of its long technic pieces in its leg snapped in half.

Not hard to get a replacement for it (I think I just superglued it back together), but there are some pieces that aren't as easily replaced in some sets.

Ponn

Banned
I had an old AT-AT (from the Darkside Developers Kit) that dropped from a shelf and one of its long technic pieces in its leg snapped in half.

Not hard to get a replacement for it (I think I just superglued it back together), but there are some pieces that aren't as easily replaced in some sets.

Yea, people throwing around the original UCS Falcon and imagine breaking that radar dish piece and then going to bricklink to get a replacement. Yea, you can replace it, but you gonna pay.

I follow this one:

https://twitter.com/BrickDailyDeals

But the amount of activity has gone down on there and there's been a lot less US deals listed too compared to around the holiday season last year.

Reddit lego deals/ pick ups are pretty good at showing deals, they have a wal mart clearance thread with brickseek links, pretty handy

Thanks guys. Yeah I've been checking that reddit lego deal thread and it's painful to see some of the prices on that site.

Working on my largest MOC yet.... its 1600 pieces. 1000 were bricklinked. Its a very strange idea but I think y'all will like it. Its related to modular buildings but with a twist. Didn't want to just do a normal one. Should be done by sometime next week.

Lots of single stud connections for the rails. Nice trees. Colorful Friends colored rides don't fit in.
https://youtu.be/tIPdxuZbLfk

35382026123_1761630a15.jpg

DSC_8512 by Chairudo, on Flickr

36186329945_161d80bc2f.jpg

DSC_8569 by Chairudo, on Flickr

That sucks.

"He said the Legos are covered under his insurance policy."

I need to evaluate my collection value and have some documentation (photos perhaps) for insurance purposes. It may be worth more than my car now.

Insurance for "collections" can be funny. 15 years ago I had probably one of, if not the, biggest collection of nine inch nails LPs & CDs in the world. Our carrier had no idea how to value this and I ended up selling most of it before a policy could be arranged.

Photos are great for general insurance - it's always a good idea to take photos of collections, but you'll need to invest some time into anything more specific than that.

Insurance for "collections" can be funny. 15 years ago I had probably one of, if not the, biggest collection of nine inch nails LPs & CDs in the world. Our carrier had no idea how to value this and I ended up selling most of it before a policy could be arranged.

Photos are great for general insurance - it's always a good idea to take photos of collections, but you'll need to invest some time into anything more specific than that.

It's crazy that they stole so much LEGO. LEGO is frickin heavy in large quantities.

Insurance company, "So what do you think your kid toys are worth? $700?"
Me, "That's 1 Millenium Falcon set. It's more like 12 Millenium Falcons."

That is what is nice about Brickset. It gives you a rough monetary value of your collection if you have all your sets entered.

Looking at Brickset now, I really, REALLY need to up my renters insurance.

Rootbeer

Banned
*edit* double post, sorry

That thread about Wario64 the other day got me thinking if there are any Twitter accounts you guys follow for Lego deals.
slickdeals. set an alert for lego and have it pushed to your phone.

https://brickset.com/buy bookmark this and check it often. problem is, if there is a REALLY good sale or discount, it will probably sell out before it gets listed here, or very shortly after.

get a keepa.com account and browser extension. set it up and link it to your cellphone, facebook, etc. then manually go to amazon for every set you want, set a desired price, and it will message you when the price reaches that point. this is the most reliable way to get a notice of a sale... but only works on amazon. however, a large portion of amazon sales are actually price matches for competitors like Target or TRU, so you can check the other sites when you get an alert if you'd prefer a different seller. you can have it text you, or even better IMO, message you over facebook messenger.

Lastly, if you stumble on a particular good deal, please post it in this thread!

Hmm, will these be in the next CMF wave too or stay unique to TRU pack ?
wtet8ccne1jz.jpg

Holy shit i need those in my life.

No TRU around here though unfortunately plus i think those are US only anyways right?

:(

Also: when will the next 2X VIP be for Lego stores? I need to get Silent Mary, hopefully it will still be around by then...

Ryuuroden

That is what is nice about Brickset. It gives you a rough monetary value of your collection if you have all your sets entered.

Looking at Brickset now, I really, REALLY need to up my renters insurance.

Rebrickable gives you value of your collection based on average bricklink prices so it includes sets that have gone up in value. It also prices all your loose bricks you bought outside of sets if you add them to you collection list. I have all my pab, bricklink, and lugbulk bricks inventoried into it. There is about a 40% difference between my brickset value and current prices value of the sets I own. It is about 40% higher in value. That can be a big difference if you own a lot of sets. I basically take the difference between the two and halve it and then add that to the brisket value for actual value. I use the rebrickable valuation for the loose non set associated bricks.

papluh

Holy shit i need those in my life.

No TRU around here though unfortunately plus i think those are US only anyways right?

:(

Also: when will the next 2X VIP be for Lego stores? I need to get Silent Mary, hopefully it will still be around by then...

These were up on German TRU, some lucky folks could even order those before taken down.
It seems there will be again a series of as the icon on top hints a #2 box. Probably one box per theme.

lego_batman_movie_limited_minifigures_0002.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
Seeing things like that is good for me because it makes me realize there's no point in me trying.
From a cost perspective I definitely don't care to compete with that... but, there's so much that can be achieved with even a modest collection of bricks, definitely not a reason to toss in the towel. Let it be an inspiration.

Personally I'm more impressed with some of the ships and robots I see people build, a lot of which don't use all that many bricks, than something this massive.

Rootbeer

Banned
(should I not hotlink this even though it is getting revealed in less than 24 hours? lemme know if anyone wants me to edit it)

INTERIOR CONFIRMED!!!

SWAPPABLE DISH CONFIRMED!!!

more minifigs too!

mynock!

s8FUVeB.jpg

papluh

Lots of single stud connections for the rails. Nice trees. Colorful Friends colored rides don't fit in.
https://youtu.be/tIPdxuZbLfk
36186329945_161d80bc2f.jpg

DSC_8569 by Chairudo, on Flickr

He is from Czech LUG kostky.org
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-MqCtJw5Kk

The rollercoaster is made from pure LEGO parts, but some tracks got a heatgun treatment to make the curves. Lenght is about 6,5 meters, base is 51 pieces of 48x48 baseplates, track length about 28 meters.
The thing is really maintenance and fine tuning intensive. Different room temperatures and humidity make for different speeds. Also wheels and axles need cleaning/replacements.

Also worth checking is his Flickr account, he made Ferris wheels based on LEGO strings, started with 3 string per arm length and the last one which went also to LEGO World inDenmark was 5 strings, somewhere close to 4 meters in height.
And a Minas Tirith in LEGO only strong enough for a person to stand on it :D

These were up on German TRU, some lucky folks could even order those before taken down.
It seems there will be again a series of as the icon on top hints a #2 box. Probably one box per theme.

lego_batman_movie_limited_minifigures_0002.jpg

If they are unique and not part of the 20 minifigures second TLBM series that is an ovekill of Batman minis. Another 16? I am all for all.

Top Bottom