• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

valkyre

(should I not hotlink this even though it is getting revealed in less than 24 hours? lemme know if anyone wants me to edit it)

INTERIOR CONFIRMED!!!

SWAPPABLE DISH CONFIRMED!!!

more minifigs too!

mynock!

s8FUVeB.jpg

From my understanding it doesnt have a full interior, but a few segments of it.

Looks great though.

Rootbeer

Banned
From my understanding it doesnt have a full interior, but a few segments of it.

Looks great though.

that is the impression I get. It's a great compromise though. i'd rather have a section of nice detailed interior and them not have to compromise the exterior design to accommodate a ton of interior sections. Best of both worlds.

valkyre

that is the impression I get. It's a great compromise though. i'd rather have a section of nice detailed interior and them not have to compromise the exterior design to accommodate a ton of interior sections. Best of both worlds.

Sure looks amazing, the only things I do not really fancy is that they use the same engine cover at the back with the previous model and that the mandibles got quite fat.

But this is just nitpicking, this is a great great and super worthy redesign.

mclem

Well, it will be lost on all this Falcon excitenment, but I found the interview about the big D2C set that will be out this December (should be TLBM Wayne Manor). It was really Bessa (you were right Ghostmind) and the set should be over 3000 pieces.

http://www.brickfinder.net/2017/03/10/one-one-lego-senior-designer-marcos-bessa/

It's an odd metric, but now I'm wondering what the mean-pieces-per-set is for this year as compared to previous years, because it feels like it's a pretty huge increase.

(I suppose it's a tricky thing to measure - do minifigure blindbags count? Do polybags? Do VIP freebies?)

Well, it will be lost on all this Falcon excitenment, but I found the interview about the big D2C set that will be out this December (should be TLBM Wayne Manor). It was really Bessa (you were right Ghostmind) and the set should be over 3000 pieces.

http://www.brickfinder.net/2017/03/10/one-one-lego-senior-designer-marcos-bessa/

And I liked his answer on stickers:

BF: Which leads me to the next question: Stickers or prints?

MB: First, there are a lot kids that actually enjoy the experience of placing stickers. There are a lot of kids that for them the highlight of the experience is the father builds and they place the stickers. With that in mind, we try to deliver for that as well. There are also consumers who are mainly adult fans who don’t like stickers and we know of that. When it comes to a character like Groot that came out a couple of years ago in the Guardian of the Galaxy line up in Marvel Superheroes.

We foresee that a lot of kids will walk around a lot with it in their hands which will see a lot of heavy play as compared to a car or a house. For those we have a principle that we will use printed elements and it has to do with the fact that we want the character to look right so that there is no chance of mistake. Also that the print will withstand better during play. Like if you bring it to the bathtub or take it to the swimming pool.

When it comes to generic bricks, we also believe in versatility and keeping that versatility alive. So if you put a print on a brick, that is going to limit the possibilities. With a sticker, it is up to you whether if that decoration is now going to limit the use of the brick. Also if i put that specific decoration on a 2×4 tile as a print but you wanted to use it on a 2×4 slope instead because it fits your model better, you cannot to do it.

But if it is a sticker, you can place it on another brick. Another consideration for using prints when there is a “double curve” on the element, like on a satellite dish, as stickers have proven not to adhere properly.

tuffy

I expected it would only have a partial interior since nobody really cares about the parts of the ship that were never seen in the films. But it still looks really good!

Plum

The MF looks so good but why'd it have to come out now? If it came out in January I could have bought it Day One but now I either have to hope it's still out by then or try and convince family to buy it for me (which just makes me feel bad, I hate asking for expensive stuff like this).

Still though, it looks fucking fantastic.

Rootbeer

Banned
The Death Star (which I admit is more of a play set) has 24 mini-figures. Still holding out that the rumour ghostmind heard is true (up to 16 minifigs).

how could it be true? if they aren't shown on the front or back of the box? I think this is all we are getting. Will be pleasantly surprised otherwise though.

Ponn

Banned
I'm interested to see it compared to the previous one but that probably won't happen till after release. Bit disappointed in the figs. Spending that much on a set I want some unique figs if they aren't throwing in a bunch and there's maybe one there. This would have been a perfect set for a Lando fig with Hans vest.

papluh

The media sets have been sent to different fan sites, etc. that's why there are the pics being shared.
Reveal is planned for 5pm (but wasn't told timezone by my contact :D )

papluh

FYI, there was an article on German site Promobricks.de stating that Saturn V out-of-production and spread over the internet. It was countered by other German site zuszusammengebaut.com (I guess there is some competition between those). Anyways it went so far there was some statement by TLG issued to those spreading it.
[…] It has come to our attention that rumours have again surfaced claiming that the LEGO® Ideas 21309 NASA Apollo Saturn V has been retired from production. As communicated in our July 11 blog post, we would like to re-assure you and the rest of our fans that the LEGO Ideas 21309 NASA Apollo Saturn V set has NOT been retired and will not be retiring anytime soon either, as we wish to offer the chance for many more fans to get the opportunity to purchase a copy of the set. Although we fully acknowledge and understand the frustrations of our fans who have been waiting to purchase this set, please know that our teams are working tirelessly to ensure that the set will be available as soon as possible. […]
Hasan Jensen von LEGO Ideas Team.

ghostmind

(should I not hotlink this even though it is getting revealed in less than 24 hours? lemme know if anyone wants me to edit it)

INTERIOR CONFIRMED!!!

SWAPPABLE DISH CONFIRMED!!!

more minifigs too!

mynock!

s8FUVeB.jpg

giphy.gif

Thanks Zulithe!

(and I think the minifigs we are seeing on the box is all there are... TFA figs were solid info, the 16 minifigs was more tenuous)

Plum

I just want to know the price at this point. If it's £800 then Lego can fuck right off, the pound's bad but it's not that bad.

ghostmind

Heads-up if anyone is looking for LEGO storage/display solutions. IKEA has their KALLAX line on sale for 15% off until September 4th.

Kinda wish they'd add that acrylic stand. Don't care it's not lego.

Is it acrylic? Kinda looks like cardboard, but not sure.

Seems to be from a german Lego store. I think it says "You can be among the first to own this set" with the VIP logo beneath (it's a bit blurry).

Top Bottom