• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

iosefe

Porgs?

5t6kQnp.gif

tuffy

That little ground cannon from ESB is the neatest thing. Looking forward to tearing down my old Falcon to make room for the new one.

Koren

£650 in the UK is fucking amazing. That's only 0.86p per piece! I need to get this.
I'd like being able to buy it in UK...

Where can you see prices?

Still, even my work is pushing me... I've been paid twice as much as I expected this month, so there definitively isn't a money issue. Now, it's still a lot.

Plum

I'd like being able to buy it in UK...

Where can you see prices?

Still, even my work is pushing me... I've been paid twice as much as I expected this month, so there definitively isn't a money issue. Now, it's still a lot.

US $799.99, CA $899.99, DE €799.99, UK £649.99, DKK 6999.00

£650 does work out to just over $800 so it's not like it's much less expensive, you're technically paying a little less in the US. I was just expecting Lego to really fuck us over on pricing with £750 or even the full £800.

Koren

FYI, there was an article on German site Promobricks.de stating that Saturn V out-of-production and spread over the internet. It was countered by other German site zuszusammengebaut.com (I guess there is some competition between those). Anyways it went so far there was some statement by TLG issued to those spreading it.

Hasan Jensen von LEGO Ideas Team.
I feel hey should produce it foe at least two years. There WILL be plently of free advertisement for the 50th anniversary of the moon landing, it's a huge opportunity.

£650 does work out to just over $800 so it's not like it's much less expensive, you're technically paying a little less in the US. I was just expecting Lego to really fuck us over on pricing with £750 or even the full £800.

Welp, i'd order it in the UK (unless it's Lego store only there as well) but then shipping would probably kill any gains made...

Koren

Thanks

plum said:
£650 does work out to just over $800 so it's not like it's much less expensive, you're technically paying a little less in the US.
Not really...

I'm in EU, 650£ is just over 700€...

And uk price is vat included, not USprice I believe, so it's far cheaper than US too.

So where has the extra 2000 pieces gone into? The partial interior doesnt look like it would use more than 500. Is it just a bunch of detail bits and 1x4 tiles? Doesnt feel like that warrants a $300 price increase. Its still about the same volume as the original.

Plum

Thanks

Not really...

I'm in EU, 650£ is just over 700€...

And uk price is vat included, not USprice I believe, so it's far cheaper than US too.

Ah yeah, I always forget America doesn't have tax included. Iff there's a tax rate of even 10% that's getting close to $900.

Sucks about the Euro price, didn't do that calculation. Seems like the UK is getting the best deal which I'm honestly shocked by considering how fucked our currency is right now. Worried what that might mean for supplies, you can bet scalpers have their eyes on Britain right now for the set.

ghostmind

I know $900 is still a lot, but I was sure the exchange rate was going to result in a Canadian price of $1,000. Kudos to LEGO for this move.

That $100 in savings will go towards the new Winter Village set, which is also releasing on the 14th.

Plum

Just did some rudimentary calculations (i.e. I googled the currency conversions) and here's the price in dollars and dollar-per-piece of US, UK, DE and CA.

US: $800 / $0.106pp
UK: $837 / $0.110pp
DE: $950 / $0.125pp
CA: $718 / $0.095pp

However, there's also tax to deal with in the US and Canada so those prices are, of course, very likely going to be higher than what's listed unless you live somewhere with no sales tax. I don't know about Europe but the UK has tax included with the price.

So the value of the set really depends on where you are. It's still definitely on the higher end in terms of what's acceptable for Lego prices, especially considering many of those 7541 pieces will be tiny little details.

willp2003

Looks great. Slightly annoyed we don't get Lando and nien numb, but on the whole it looks great. I think I'm going to be shocked by the actual size of it!

DonShula

Just got the VIP email for the UCS Falcon. Same info as what's been shared already.

Lego is still holding back on whatever SW sets will be on sale (edit - I mean discounted) tomorrow. I guess they're not telling us till the sale goes live. I still don't expect much.

Hmm, will these be in the next CMF wave too or stay unique to TRU pack ?
wtet8ccne1jz.jpg

If they are unique and not part of the 20 minifigures second TLBM series that is an ovekill of Batman minis. Another 16? I am all for all.

I'm more excited about this than the MF news. Had months for the MF excitement to wear out.

Until they start doing Accountant Batman or Garbage Collector Batman, it's not overkill. They could do hot dog suit Batman and I'd get it.

Gladiator Batman is the best of those 4.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
As someone who owns the original UCS Falcon, it really is huge and displaying it is a problem. It's not like the nice UCS Super Star Destroyer that isn't that wide and can easily go on a shelf.

I'm more excited about this than the MF news. Had months for the MF excitement to wear out.

Until they start doing Accountant Batman or Garbage Collector Batman, it's not overkill. They could do hot dog suit Batman and I'd get it.

Gladiator Batman is the best of those 4.

Same here, this came out of nowhere unlike the MF...

I just REALLY hope i will be able to get my hands on them somehow over here, still crossing fingers for that rumored Series 2 to include them

Top Bottom