• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Is there a list of the most expensive sets of all time by RRP? A cursory google yielded me bugger all except for values now.

R-User!

The media sets have been sent to different fan sites, etc. that's why there are the pics being shared.
Reveal is planned for 5pm (but wasn't told timezone by my contact :D )

What time in EST is it a new day for Denmark?

Edit: never mind.
Could be a reveal worldwide when it's Sep 1st their time...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
£650 in the UK is fucking amazing. That's only 0.86p per piece! I need to get this.

You doing the thread?

£649 is an evil price. Still insanely expensive but juuuust the right side of £800 that you feel like you could justify it

gsrjedi

I want that Falcon. I'll get it eventually (hopefully around next October's double VIP when my current points should be about to retire)

DBT85

My brutal mode TIE is complete. All parts (1685) emptied into a large box (actually the lid of the box the Tie and Slave 1 were delivered in!) and then completed in the instruction order. Would have been much easier if I'd done the wings first as there's much less greebling than on the main body. Looks fantastic once complete!

7enogiz.jpg

uzLCsBQ.jpg

K72dWfK.jpg

Py2TuBO.jpg

I have Slave 1 (1996) and Saturn V (1968) to do plus whatever I get tomorrow!

As someone who owns the original UCS Falcon, it really is huge and displaying it is a problem. It's not like the nice UCS Super Star Destroyer that isn't that wide and can easily go on a shelf.

My plan is to make a cabinet for under the tv (TV is now on the wall) to house it in. Might take me forever to make it though lol.

iuuk

As always the Dutch price is higher, it's €850 over here. Relative to €800 that extra 50 might not be a lot of money, but that €50 can also buy a new game.

I wonder if it is going to be available through amazon and the likes, or if this one really is going to be a LEGO exclusive.

Ponn

Banned
Hmm, will these be in the next CMF wave too or stay unique to TRU pack ?
wtet8ccne1jz.jpg

This has been most intriguing to me today. I'm finding myself more interested in this and the Wayne Manor rumors than the MF. I hate TRU exclusives, closest one is a drive and you always have to buy their marked up stuff.

I don't know what it is, after announcement hype deflate. Price setting in, mediocre figs, same size as old UCS Falcon for $300 more. Nowhere to put it. I think what I'm going to do is build up my VIP points over the next year and revisit it next force Friday. Between Wayne Manor, rumored Hogwarts Castle, next modular anything in between and the points I already have that would take the sting out of that price.

DBT85

With double VIP it's even sort of below 600...

Only real question for me is if I wait for DP or not to get it. It gets you an extra £35 in points.But waiting for it to be available and have a double points period might be a while.

As it is if I get the sets I'm thinking of tomorrow, I could have about £150 in points racked up for the Falcon which will take the sting out.

I only joined you crazy people like 3 months ago. What have you done to me.

I'd really love a Falcon and I'd really love to experience building it, but I really don't have the room to display it properly and for a £650 set I think that would be a waste so will probably give it a miss as much as it saddens me.

ruxtpin

Banned
If you’re brave enough to wait for double Vip and this to be in stock at the same time

I am. Unless you have to have it ASAP, I feel pretty confident this will be around long enough. Might as well get another set for free if I'm spending $800.

Not really... Euro/Dollar is ~1.18 and euro price include 15-25% VAT. Prices are actually pretty close.

$800 is 672€ which translate to 806€ with 20% VAT, for example.

Ah, taxes. Makes it a bit closer indeed.
Unfortunately, the local Lego website here slaps another 50 extra on top of it I just noticed.

Randam

Not really... Euro/Dollar is ~1.18 and euro price include 15-25% VAT. Prices are actually pretty close.

$800 is 672€ which translate to 806€ with 20% VAT, for example.

could you or some one else from the US explain this like I'm 5?

Thing costs 799$ in the US and 799€ here.

If I want one, it will cost me just that, 799€.

what do you guys have to pay(how many Dollars), if you want one?

You pay 666€ + 134€ tax (VAT).

In the US we pay 800$ + ~50$ tax (Sales Tax). (Some states pay 0, some states pay $96, most are inbetween).

I live in Louisiana, which has a 9% sales tax on most purchases, so this will end up costing me right around $875 total.

Ponn

Banned

Tax in Florida is 7% I believe so if I bought it It would actually be $856. States have different tax rates though so it will vary state by state.

Randam

You pay 666€ + 134€ tax (VAT).

In the US we pay 800$ + ~50$ tax (Sales Tax). (Some states pay 0, some states pay $96, most are inbetween).

I live in Louisiana, which has a 9% sales tax on most purchases, so this will end up costing me right around $875 total.

Tax in Florida is 7% I believe so if I bought it It would actually be $856. States have different tax rates though so it will vary state by state.

thank you all guys.

and because every state has a different tax rate, they just name the base price?

DBT85

thank you all guys.

and because every state has a different tax rate, they just name the base price?
Yep.

In the UK at least, everything is listed with tax included so the price you see is what you pay, guessing it's the same in most of the EU.

Koren

In the UK at least, everything is listed with tax included so the price you see is what you pay, guessing it's the same in most of the EU.
Pretty sure it is...

Sales tax is slightly different from VAT, though. So it's not totally fair (even if EU price, VAT excluded, is the same as US Base price, if I'm not mistaken, Lego has to give back some of the price, so they earn less... It should be slightly che per in EU, but it's a matter of %

Osahi

Old Fishing Store is up in Europe. Ordered it immidiatly.

Now just waiting untill BB-8 goes live.

Edit: deals are live now too (they suck in Belgium. Only constractions at 50% off, rest of the sets 10%. Most you can get way cheaper in regular shops). TLJ sets aren't yet though...

Another edit: and BB-8 ordered too. It came with a poster (every day another one) and the walker poly. The shore trooper is exclusive to brick and mortar lego stores :(

Osahi

10 percent off is a joke. I guess you get the points too...

Nothing posted in Canada yet.

It's 20%, sorry.

Still a joke if you know literally every store has clearences of the same sets with 50 to 70 % discounts!

Still no confirmation mails of my two orders btw. But I assume I'll get them in the morning.

Never ordered from lego.com itself before. How do they ship their products?
Do they actually ship from the country itself the local store is from (Netherlands in my case), or is it coming from a central location?

Osahi

Never ordered from lego.com itself before. How do they ship their products?
Do they actually ship from the country itself the local store is from (Netherlands in my case), or is it coming from a central location?

They use DHL. I think it comes from their german warehouse. (Belgian here). Usually I get it the day after or two days after shipping confirmation, depending on how busy they are (so longer when new sets release or when there are promos)

Got my bb-8 confirmation mail. The OFS one is still in limbo.

They use DHL. I think it comes from their german warehouse. (Belgian here). Usually I get it the day after or two days after shipping confirmation, depending on how busy they are (so longer when new sets release or when there are promos)

Got my bb-8 confirmation mail. The OFS one is still in limbo.

Thanks. That's excellent, Germany is close and DHL is fast & reliable.

Ponn

Banned
so this falcon will be as collectible as OG falcon? INVESTMENT GRADE LEGO?

or buy some 1980's Lego Space sets...

It will go up in the aftermarket. Star Wars sets still do well in the aftermarket. I'm not convinced yet people getting into Lego right now for investment basing that on past sets pricing is a good idea though. Lego is more popular than ever now, more sets are being made and in the market than ever. It reminds me of everyone getting into comics in the 90's for investment thinking they were going to make bank on hologram, polybagged first issues that were being pumped out left and right.

papluh

Hmm, the shop.lego.com page says:
Limited edition, collectible LEGO® Star Wars™ VIP Card!
Get your limited edition VIP Card when you buy the Millennium Falcon™!
I guess it is time to brand the cash bringing, 1st day queuing customers :D

75192-falcon--201709--em--1up-tout-vip-card-foreground

willp2003

Yeah UK sales just went live and nothing to shout about. Ordered BB8. Anyone know what the other posters are?

Edit just seen them.

Ponn

Banned
Hmm, the shop.lego.com page says:

I guess it is time to brand the cash bringing, 1st day queuing customers :D

75192-falcon--201709--em--1up-tout-vip-card-foreground

Oh man, so this would be for S@H customers too then? Am I crazy for letting this influence my decision to get it day one?

Top Bottom