• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Damnit. I want that new UCS Falcon, but $800, man. I haven't even been able to get the Saturn V yet, it's always out of stock. I want that too. And a UCS BB8 comes out tomorrow? I need to have that to put next to my UCS R2D2.

Holy Shit.

DonShula

I am going to the store when it opens tomorrow. Took the day off.

I'm gonna walk in and ask where to find the Old Fishing Store and then say "what is a Star War?"

BN stores should have most of the regular EpVIII stuff tomorrow morning. And also 10% off with membership. Shouldn't be any lines there either.

bad news: Hurricane Harvey cancelled my dogsitting so I wont have extra money for force friday

good news: My room wont be cluttered by more Lego I don't have space for

Ponn

Banned
bad news: Hurricane Harvey cancelled my dogsitting so I wont have extra money for force friday

good news: My room wont be cluttered by more Lego I don't have space for

Skip rent/house payments. Live in the UCS Falcon box. It comes with complimentary door and window stickers.

Hmm, will these be in the next CMF wave too or stay unique to TRU pack ?
wtet8ccne1jz.jpg

I wonder if this is part of the Toys R Us Bricktober promotion. They normally have four unique offerings. But the buy in is crazy, like $100.

Ryuuroden

Going to the Lego Store tomorrow and getting that Old Fishing Shop. Looking forward to seeing the Falcon. I have not decided whether to buy it right away or just wait. I honestly see no reason why they would make it a low production set. I also really do not want to spend 870 dollars. However, Buying may get me off my ass and finally sell my two unopened Town Halls. (Third one is built) If I ever make a larger Town Hall, I will change the design. The one thing i'll be sad about is losing the nugget bricks.

I wonder if this is part of the Toys R Us Bricktober promotion. They normally have four unique offerings. But the buy in is crazy, like $100.

Just buy the Jedi Starship.

Going to the Lego Store tomorrow and getting that Old Fishing Shop. Looking forward to seeing the Falcon. I have not decided whether to buy it right away or just wait. I honestly see no reason why they would make it a low production set. I also really do not want to spend 870 dollars. However, Buying may get me off my ass and finally sell my two unopened Town Halls. (Third one is built) If I ever make a larger Town Hall, I will change the design. The one thing i'll be sad about is losing the nugget bricks.

Just buy the Jedi Starship.

Do Lego Dimensions sets counts to the buy?

The last few years for Bricktober, TRU has had a different give away set each week for four weeks. But you had to spend $99 to get it. I think they have done minifigure sets like these for the giveaway before.

So if you want all four sets, you will have to fork over $400. But usually you can buy the Bricktober sets by themselves the week after if they have leftover. But with it being Lego Batman -- scalpers probably going to be all over them.

I think Dimensions would count. But not 100% sure.

TRU Bricktober is stores only or does the online store also have the promotion? I really like that TLBM set but if there will be 4 sets it will be extremely hard to get all. I kinda of hope there is only one Batman and the others to be Ninjago, etc.

Ponn

Banned
The last few years for Bricktober, TRU has had a different give away set each week for four weeks. But you had to spend $99 to get it. I think they have done minifigure sets like these for the giveaway before.

So if you want all four sets, you will have to fork over $400. But usually you can buy the Bricktober sets by themselves the week after if they have leftover. But with it being Lego Batman -- scalpers probably going to be all over them.

I think Dimensions would count. But not 100% sure.

This is why I didn't get any of those previous Minifig packs they had, and why this TLBM fig pack was a bitter sweet reveal. I really hate TRU exclusives. If it is indeed 4 packs like the other ones I may pick one or two I really like and make a point to go in and spend the money for them but i'm not going to be able to get all 4. I still need to get the Batwing and Ultimate Batmobile sets so that works out..

It raises another question though. If they are doing 4 packs of these AND a whole new TLBM CMF line 2 thats a hell of a lot of figs they have planned.

Ryuuroden

I rationalize the price by saying I didn't get the last UCS Falcon a decade ago and will not miss this one, no matter what.
Yeeep, here too

I more excited about Old Fishing Store tomorrow than the Force Friday sets.

I must be ill.

Hey this is me too although I dropped the must get Star Wars stuff right away needs a few years back because if I wait I can surely at least get 20% off. I have always bought Modulars ever since Fire Brigade Day 1 of release. This counts as a modular to me. I know it will not be full of fantastic techniques but I am a sucker for buildings like that.

US online store updated with OFS, go!

For a moment I had the august promos and OFS in my bag, but now it is gone.

Edited: And of course the site is messed up and won't even show the free shipping....

DBT85

Every new Star Wars set is trash except for BB-8
Walker is a let down compared to the original trilogy
Star destroyer is a let down compared to the original trilogy
Felt the same from the initial reveal. Only one that held any interest at all was bb8.

Can't see anywhere how long triple vip lasts which is annoying. I have enough things I want to get all 3 posters but don't want to lose points by delaying. The assumption is that it lasts all weekend but they might be sneaky little hobbitses.

Edit: Ah I don't care. Currently awake for a baby feed. Once properly awake later I'm going to do a bad thing.

Rootbeer

Banned
Last Jedi stuff, Advent Calendars, Halloween seasonal are up on S@H

guess wait for the promo to pop up?

right now still has caveman promo. gotta wait for it to turn over

*EDIT* seems up now, star wars freebie show sin cart

Maengun1

Got my old fishing store order in ^_^

Kind of annoying that I'm getting the same minifig freebie I got in June for Saturn V though :/
I hadn't checked ahead of time but I was expecting to get the cavepeople, or SOMETHING else. Seriously feels like they deliberately time/shuffle freebies around to make it hard to get most of them lol

Rootbeer

Banned
Didn't order much. Mostly waiting for falcon.

Got SW Advent, Kylo Ren TIE Fighter, 2017 Halloween seasonal, free vip poster, free scarif trooper, free travel pack

double vip points shows fine too

Got my old fishing store order in ^_^

Kind of annoying that I'm getting the same minifig freebie I got in June for Saturn V though :/
I hadn't checked ahead of time but I was expecting to get the cavepeople, or SOMETHING else. Seriously feels like they deliberately time/shuffle freebies around to make it hard to get most of them lol

One hour ago (still August) the old fishing store buy button went life, but there was a text saying "pre-order, item will ship Sep 1st", fine, I placed one in the basket and immediately both learning pack and cavemen were added to. The usual text "a free item was added to your basket" was displayed and also the free shipping text. However, when I clicked at checkout both freebies were gone, and also the shipping wasn't free anymore. There was a text box saying that the webstore was facing problems and if my order qualifies for any promotion it will be applied once the order ships. So I continue anyway. I still got no emsil confirmation for my order (to see if I really got the cavemen) but I got a SMS alert from my bank with the charging, icluding the wrong shipping fee. I will have to call Lego tomorrow....

And I forgot to add the Halloween set....

Force Friday success picked up all the last Jedi sets line was long about 60 people was a fun experience. Now begins my fun weekend of lego building :)

This has been most intriguing to me today. I'm finding myself more interested in this and the Wayne Manor rumors than the MF. I hate TRU exclusives, closest one is a drive and you always have to buy their marked up stuff.

I don't know what it is, after announcement hype deflate. Price setting in, mediocre figs, same size as old UCS Falcon for $300 more. Nowhere to put it. I think what I'm going to do is build up my VIP points over the next year and revisit it next force Friday. Between Wayne Manor, rumored Hogwarts Castle, next modular anything in between and the points I already have that would take the sting out of that price.

Wayne Manor doesn't have a single iconic appearance that i can think of. If you asked me to describe Wayne Manor all I can think of is the 60's study room from the TV show. I'm curious if it is really getting made, what will it look like.

UCS sized Hogwarts would be great. Not sure I'd get one though. It would have to be pretty amazing..

8508805311_0917cf70c0.jpg

Alice Finch and her castle by Alice Finch, on Flickr

willp2003

It's been funny reading how people are trying to rationalise the price for the new Falcon. It's absurd.

I rationalize the price by saying I didn't get the last UCS Falcon a decade ago and will not miss this one, no matter what.

What Phon says! Also I'm in the fortunate position where I don't have a wife who would kick my ass, and have paid my mortgage off so at this point in my life I can afford it (before having to buy a bigger house to display the falcon in and having to get a new mortgage and start being skint again!)
It's a win-win-lose.

1070 USD. No thanks. I'll be happy for anyone who gets it though.

I might get OFS, but I will probably wait on BB-8 and Destiny's Bounty until October, in case I need them to secure some TRU extras. TRU is actually the cheapest here now after they added a price match and generally set their prices to 15% below RRP to begin with.

Osahi

Still no oder confirmation of my OFS order (I did get my BB-8 mail, though I ordered it later in the night). But it's up in my order list, so I guess I'm okay. Hope they ship these beauties soon...

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Darth Vader Buildable Figure for 20€
To buy or not to buy?
Super unsure since ghostmind said there is a new one coming this winter.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'd like to thank the engineering work at Waterloo Station for paying for my UCS BB8. £122 refund on my monthly season ticket due to disruption

DBT85

I relented and only got BB8 today. Snowspeeder and trooper/speeder tomorrow, Deathstar on Sunday. 3 posters and hopefully 3 of the little walkers. Many points.

K2SO is a retired product already!

Top Bottom