• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Just_one

Lego Gaf , need some help.

Can anyone point me out on the cheaper version of this star wars minifigures?

there are so many versions!!

Anakin Skywalker (Prequels)
Darth Vader
Yoda
Princess leia
Han Solo
R2-D2
C3PO
Chewbacca
Rey
Fin
Droids (Prequels)
Bobba Fett
jango Fett
Mace Windu
Resistence Pilot
Empire Pilot
Storm Trooper
Scout Trooper
Flame Trooper
Snow Trooper
Darth Maul
Emperor Palpatine
Kylo Ren
Luke Skywalker
Obi Wan (Ewan McGregor)
Qui-Gon Jinn

Thanks in advance for the help

papluh

Today I had chat with Store Manager in closes LEGO Store. He told me that they are currently able to to get about 8 (eight!) UCS MF for the launch day. The same for the week after and after. Unless there are a special shipments arranged just for the MF or people stop buying regular sets. That is about how much space they have in storage room and the delivery volume.
About the same time he told me there were people calling the shopping mall if they can camp on their parking lot for the launch day ...
This might get really messy :D

The BB-8 was out in the Store around noon, but two of the TRUs still had it.

BTW can you find the info about the special VIP card on any of the European sites ? They did not know anything about that in the Store. And now it seem to disappear...

Seems like OFS is shipped to. Again didn't receive a mail, but I have a trackingcode in my order status page on s@h. Their mailingsystem probably bugs when there are two mails to send to the same adress at almost the same time.

Can't wait to start building!

My order changed to "in process". Hope to ship soon.

Today I had chat with Store Manager in closes LEGO Store. He told me that they are currently able to to get about 8 (eight!) UCS MF for the launch day. The same for the week after and after. Unless there are a special shipments arranged just for the MF or people stop buying regular sets. That is about how much space they have in storage room and the delivery volume.
About the same time he told me there were people calling the shopping mall if they can camp on their parking lot for the launch day ...

BTW can you find the info about the special VIP card on any of the European sites ? They did not know anything about that in the Store. And now it seem to disappear...

8 of them....?

That... is not a lot. Wonder if it's not a better idea to order it from home and hope for the best with their site... or will it be out of stock the minute it goes live?

Ugh. Making me more nervous about driving to the store. I won't get there until twenty or so minutes after open unless I skip class. Might just forego sleep and order online.

papluh

I put myself on the reservation list and will be alerted about 2-3 days before the launch on the current state as they should already know how many are on the way or if anything changes in the supply flow. I guess this should be similar to other Stores, so I'd suggest to call about that time to see what is the status in yours.
It might differ in places where have a lot of storage place, but this one is not like that... at least that was the official statement, limitation of local space and supply size and interval.

I put myself on the reservation list and will be alerted about 2-3 days before the launch on the current state as they should already know how many are on the way or if anything changes in the supply flow. I guess this should be similar to other Stores, so I'd suggest to call about that time to see what is the status in yours.
It might differ in places where have a lot of storage place, but this one is not like that... at least that was the official statement, limitation of local space and supply size and interval.

There is a reservation list?

It was one of the first models inside the doors but the shelves were full (although they probably refill regularly)

Those shelves were empty when I got there! Luckily they still had some upstairs...

eH7Q1jc.jpg

Got an R2D2 poly instead of the Walker for some reason but to be honest, I am okay with that. BB8 was £85 but in my head was going to be £100 so to get it down to a bit above £70 after VIP (kind of) was more than enough to push me over the edge. Can't wait to build this and see how it all works!

Saw the Falcon on display and it is just huge and ludicrously impressive. It'll be a hard one to walk away from if y'all see it in the flesh.

Just got the shipping notification for my Saturn too. This hobby is gonna kill me dead.

DBT85

How big are the posters by the way? Since I'm getting all 3 I thought about displaying them like the Olly Moss trilogy I have (not originals!).

Also got my saturn shipping notification. Yaaaaaaaay. And only 5 hours till I can order something else lol

DonShula

How big are the posters by the way? Since I'm getting all 3 I thought about displaying them like the Olly Moss trilogy I have (not originals!).

Also got my saturn shipping notification. Yaaaaaaaay. And only 5 hours till I can order something else lol

Small. Like 8x11 ish.

papluh

There is a reservation list?

That is store/region dependent, actually they will say it is not binding for them. In official emails it will be called something like "interest list". They will call you when they know more about the deliveries.
I guess they reserve/keep some sets for people waiting in line too. This time it might be a problem that the reservation list is bigger than expected delivery :( I understood him that he is not really happy, he has some people who managed to get on the list long time ago and he will have many people outside the shop in the morning. He cannot just give no sets to those.

I did it for the Porsche, put myself in, got it arranged by phone and got there the same day but after work. Officially it was sold out, but mine was waiting there. Don't know and don't care how many people were able to get it in the morning :D

papluh

It is that green sunset picture in the photo above. Just big enough to be protected by the UCS MF brochure. I'd say about 1/4 of the ones from previous years, but lot more sturdier.

papluh

that R2-D2 was also kind of available in the Store I went to

You could get a quiz from one of the assistants including a sticker sheet with minifigs and five small 1x1 stud stickers. Then use those to mark answer to relatively simple questions like "Which character was secretly the evil Dart Sidious" - "Anakin, sen. Palpatine, Jar-Jar Binks, Jango Fett" :D

Once correctly answered you got a "lottery ticket" that you could tear open to see what you won. If nothing you got a polybag and all of those I seen won nothing and got the R2D2

Lol 8 UCF Falcons
I'll just buy it online and call it a day
Will go up at like midnight est or 3 am est

I wonder if you're guaranteed one if you order online... what if the site is down is suffering heavy traffic or other issues and then when you do manage to get to the ordering point it says sold out though?

Damn I snoozed on the UCS Tie and it's sold out.

The Lego store I went to had about 6, if you have time just go in

I wonder if you're guaranteed one if you order online... what if the site is down is suffering heavy traffic or other issues and then when you do manage to get to the ordering point it says sold out though?

I think you'd just get on back order, that wouldn't be so bad tbh, that Apollo didn't have a back order option did it?

Someone on Lego Reddit posted of pic of their friend winning a falcon D: , it was like a pamphlet you rip to see if you win, the post was in Europe though
Did USA get a similar promotion?

DBT85

The snowspeeder was in stock on the UK store thus morning them it went to backorder by the 6th now it's at backorders in 30 days. Crazy. Hopefully I can still order past midnight.

Haines

Banned
Im kind of shocked i managed to buy nothing so far, but i suppose im not as big of a lego/star wars fan as most of you.

I keep thinking the falcon wouod be sick, but than i consider how many sets i could get on sale for that much. Or how much more value in pieces you get in some modulars/ideas

Im 100% on bb8. But i just have to wait for a sale, i cant fathom why i wouldnt.

Ryuuroden

I'm going to order it online. No way ill be able to go pick it up on a Thursday. I am interested in how its packed and I swear to god I will demand a replacement if the box is damaged in shipment. They better triple box it.

I'm going to order it online. No way ill be able to go pick it up on a Thursday. I am interested in how its packed and I swear to god I will demand a replacement if the box is damaged in shipment. They better triple box it.
If it ships like Ninjago City, it will be. That was Emperors New Groove packaging.
Shipping box. Inside that the box it was shipped to Lego in. Inside that the Ninjago box. Then inside the main box was smaller boxes and bags.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Im kind of shocked i managed to buy nothing so far, but i suppose im not as big of a lego/star wars fan as most of you.

I keep thinking the falcon wouod be sick, but than i consider how many sets i could get on sale for that much. Or how much more value in pieces you get in some modulars/ideas

Im 100% on bb8. But i just have to wait for a sale, i cant fathom why i wouldnt.

If you buy it now it’s £85 with 15% back in VIP points to spend on your next purchase. Not too shabby

If it ships like Ninjago City, it will be. That was Emperors New Groove packaging.
Shipping box. Inside that the box it was shipped to Lego in. Inside that the Ninjago box. Then inside the main box was smaller boxes and bags.

I just my Ninjago City in the retailer shipping box which fit snugly outside the actual box. There was some bending in the middle, unfortunately.

Haines

Banned
If you buy it now it’s £85 with 15% back in VIP points to spend on your next purchase. Not too shabby

Only 2x points here in canada. Which is 10%

Im not actually sure why europe got 3x points over us.

The travel kit and storm tropper also arent very appealing to me.

I can wait.

Ryuuroden

I honestly was not going to get bb8 today. I was just going to get the old fishing store. But then I got in there I saw it flying off the shelves I saw that it was two times VIP points which since I was going to get some day anyways why not use those VIP points for the falcon and he was too cute to leave behind. I think I am going to Moc the evil bb8 using the bb-8 instructions. I have lots of black and dark grey after all

Boogiepop

Went to the Lego Store for Force Friday and... picked up the few Ninjago Movie CMF figures I wanted. Saw the Falcon in person though, which is impressively huge, but... yeah, think I'm pretty convinced that skipping it is the way to go for me. That said, my friend went in big and bought the Scout Trooper + Speeder Bike, and then tagged on the Disney Castle! And then... he put it on my VIP card, despite my telling him that it's free, easy, and straight money back. So... free money for me, which I won't complain about.

After seeing Ninjago City in person too... I still remain uncertain. I'm so back and forth on how worth it it is to me, as it's in a weird line where it kind of fits with the modulars but also kind of not. Like, Old Fishing Store is a super easy "I want this" to me for that exact same reason. But this is like... I dunno. Think I'll break down and watch the Jang review despite it "spoiling" the set, to better make a decision. Though to be fair, I probably won't hop on it for a while yet even if I do grab it, as I have a "backlog" of big sets to buy first anyway.

Koren

Gonna buy the UCS Tie even with that small discount
I've been disappointed after buying it when I saw big discounts in shops, but I guess it's now nearing EoL.

I've toyed with the idea of buying the Snowspeeder today, but I think I'll wait... I don't expect it to go OoP soon.

My to-buy list is insanely long now (Old fishing store, Carrousel, Snowspeeder, Winter village station, Ninjago city, Ninjago boat, and if possible a spare of Detective Office, Brick Bank & GBHQ) but with the MF coming... I'd like to push them back a bit. I hope those won't come out of production in the next 6-9 months.

This is an awful and great year at the same time -_-'

Seems like LEGO got me too with BB-8. I was going to wait it out for a sale or some better promo. There was nothing else Star Wars I wanted now on shelf. I will wait out for sales for most. I didn't want to wait for staff to check back on what sets were on shelves. Sooo went with BB-8. Double VIP plus selling the scarif promo polybag is a good deal. I walked out with K-2SO and BB-8.

While looking around a LOT of the shelf space was being taken up by $100+ sets like Batcave, modulars, Saturn V, Ghostbuster HQ, etc. LEGO need to slow down with those types of sets eapecially if they linger around for more than 2 years.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Seems like LEGO got me too with BB-8. I was going to wait it out for a sale or some better promo. There was nothing else Star Wars I wanted now on shelf. I will wait out for sales for most. I didn't want to wait for staff to check back on what sets were on shelves. Sooo went with BB-8. Double VIP plus selling the scarif promo polybag is a good deal. I walked out with K-2SO and BB-8.

Are the promos worth anything? I have the two SW ones from today (the trooper and the weird AT AT variant), plus they gave me the caveman one too. I don’t really care for them at all, they’ll just end up as parts

Was there ever a set sold for less than a whole year?

Some of the Ideas sets lasted for much shorter. The Research Institute was gone in a week or so. Exo Suit wasn't around for long either but was actually clearanced out.

Also, the CMF German football team sold out twice in about a day each, then it was gone.

While looking around a LOT of the shelf space was being taken up by $100+ sets like Batcave, modulars, Saturn V, Ghostbuster HQ, etc. LEGO need to slow down with those types of sets eapecially if they linger around for more than 2 years.

Ugh they're tempting me with BB-8. Wasn't interested until I saw reviews of it. Picked up a heavy assault walker instead.

Haines

Banned
Went to the Lego Store for Force Friday and... picked up the few Ninjago Movie CMF figures I wanted. Saw the Falcon in person though, which is impressively huge, but... yeah, think I'm pretty convinced that skipping it is the way to go for me. That said, my friend went in big and bought the Scout Trooper + Speeder Bike, and then tagged on the Disney Castle! And then... he put it on my VIP card, despite my telling him that it's free, easy, and straight money back. So... free money for me, which I won't complain about.

After seeing Ninjago City in person too... I still remain uncertain. I'm so back and forth on how worth it it is to me, as it's in a weird line where it kind of fits with the modulars but also kind of not. Like, Old Fishing Store is a super easy "I want this" to me for that exact same reason. But this is like... I dunno. Think I'll break down and watch the Jang review despite it "spoiling" the set, to better make a decision. Though to be fair, I probably won't hop on it for a while yet even if I do grab it, as I have a "backlog" of big sets to buy first anyway.

For me , its for my 4 year old. If the movies good it will probably be big around here.

Though destinys bounty could be the better option. Im not sure yet

Koren

Tumbler maybe?, antman set, probably others. Do cmf and seasonal sets count?

Some of the Ideas sets lasted for much shorter. The Research Institute was gone in a week or so. Exo Suit wasn't around for long either but was actually clearanced out.
Thanks... Maybe I should rush towards the OFS, but I can't see it disappearing in a month.

UCS B-Wing. Released October. Went 50% off to clear it out in May.
Didn't remembered it being so short-lived. But I guess if there's a clearance, that's probably OK, I can act on time

Top Bottom