• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

I saw the Tumbler sitting in a lego store for the longest time, wish I bought it.

I've got a feeling UCS R2-D2 will rerelease by the end of the 9th movie in 2 years, it's been out of print for ages now x everyone will want one
I'm bummed I missed the B-wing, loved that ship in rogue leader

Slave 1 should be close to retirement, the 🐐will go away soon

DBT85

I do wonder if they'll do a straight re print of ucs sets or only do things like this MF.

They could easily go Disney and put things in the vault for a few years and just open it up to re print.

DBT85

Second order placed. Snowspeeder and Trooper/speeder. Now the wait for death star Sunday.

Will be kind of nice to clear the ucs backlog!

I've got a feeling UCS R2-D2 will rerelease by the end of the 9th movie in 2 years, it's been out of print for ages now x everyone will want one
I'm bummed I missed the B-wing, loved that ship in rogue leader
Yeah, I'm expecting R2 to get a UCS re-release in the next few years, especially if R2-D2 gets more screen-time in the next Star Wars movie(s).

It's not the most expensive set to get on eBay, but with the Death Star, Millennium Falcon, and (rumored) Star Destroyer getting re-releases, I can't imagine R2 wouldn't get one too.

Weevilone

I'm bummed that I missed the sale price and double points on Tie. I was going to head to the local store but it's like 30-40 minutes away and nobody would answer the phone there today, so I was afraid I'd waste a trip.

Ended up paying full price online elsewhere and will try to credit card match.

The original Star Destroyer is a work of art, I'm very interested to see what one would look like with new pieces incorporated... Are we sure it would be the OT version?
There are no other Star Destroyers than those in the OT. But UCS Star Destroyer is my most wanted reissue. More so than Falcon. Love the old Imperial ships.
And going off things I've seen about the old ucs, the Star Destroyer has the most room for improvement as far as the stability of the build.

DonShula

Finished BB-8. The final product looks amazing on display. Very happy with the impulse purchase (that never happens) and worth full price IMO.

Are the promos worth anything? I have the two SW ones from today (the trooper and the weird AT AT variant), plus they gave me the caveman one too. I don't really care for them at all, they'll just end up as parts

Hard to tell early on as people tend to price them high at the start. As market gets flooded with other sellers and/or demand goes down, the prices tend to come down.

Seems like Scarif Stormtrooper polybag could go for $10 or more.
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=40176-1#T=S&O={}

The fact that it is part of a series of collectible polybags (hence the technic pin connector) with a unique background (cardboard) and printed tile with name I think it will be a sought after collectible. I'm guessing minifig print is unique too (not sure).

I calculate promo items that I don't want as a discount for whatever I buy that day.

Ugh they're tempting me with BB-8. Wasn't interested until I saw reviews of it. Picked up a heavy assault walker instead.

LEGOGAF is losing it's touch if it hasn't had an influence in buying stuff you were planning to.

EDIT:

Does anyone know how many polybags will be done like the Scarif Stormtrooper and R3-M2 (40268)?

https://brickset.com/article/26514/review-40268-r3-m2

There are no other Star Destroyers than those in the OT. But UCS Star Destroyer is my most wanted reissue. More so than Falcon. Love the old Imperial ships.
And going off things I've seen about the old ucs, the Star Destroyer has the most room for improvement as far as the stability of the build.

First Order.

Gravity would really take its toll on 10030, it would eventually collapse under its own weight and prone to tip over. Mine collapsed and broke up a couple days after I built it, and it has stayed that way since; partially because due to its size I had no place to display it where the cats couldn't get at it. I need to get a move in inventorying it now before the resell value drops.

I wonder how many sets LEGO will do with the Brickheadz line. Seems the possibilities are endless especially since they now have added LEGO Ninjago movie Sensei Wu and Lloyd. Before they end it though they better release some of those exclusives to retail.

Brickset Brickheadz competition is closed. They have have a bunch of cool ones
https://www.flickr.com/groups/3800126@N25/pool/

Here's some of the ones that I liked:

They better include these guys in the rumored Batman LEGO Movie CMF series 2.
36886061335_c0fac965ff.jpg
Black Vulcan and Apache Chief by Michael, on Flickr
36466562770_557977ca49.jpg
Predator & Alien by Mr. Brickman, on Flickr

36674750861_a5b56ac4e6.jpg
Sangoku Brickheadz - Brickset Contest (render) by Tim Karl, on Flickr
36201768782_58e22af6b1.jpg
Forestman and Wolfpack Brickheadz by IamKritch, on Flickr

Very simple, but captures the looks very well.
35937387786_330bffe6ab.jpg

Doctor who - 9th & 10th Doctor Brickheadz by Salvatore Sciuto, on Flickr

Lots of TMNT entries, but this one stuck out for me.
34828903473_f1be870600.jpg

TMNT Brickheadz by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

Need a green alien girl Brickheadz to go with Kirk.
36763764426_8e6077fce8.jpg
IMG_3838 by Peter Lastname, on Flickr
36772468362_d4b694d4c6.jpg
Snake by Mr. Brickman, on Flickr

And which is the GOAT? Because I know the TIE is going soon, but there isn't a UCS Star Destroyer still in print.

I've only got five or six SW UCS sets but B-Wing is absolutely my favorite. I remember when it was revealed I posted about not knowing what a B-Wing was....and then to get it for 50% off the whole thing was comedic - but I adore the way the set looks on display.

Slave 1 was probably the most interesting build.

And as always, fuck Red Five over and over for the horrid cockpit sticker.

DBT85

I've only got five or six SW UCS sets but B-Wing is absolutely my favorite. I remember when it was revealed I posted about not knowing what a B-Wing was....and then to get it for 50% off the whole thing was comedic - but I adore the way the set looks on display.

Slave 1 was probably the most interesting build.

And as always, fuck Red Five over and over for the horrid cockpit sticker.

So glad I got red five used, saved me that pain!

TIE was a fun build, though the only really interesting part was how the wings attach.

Still have Slave to go. Wish I could have got a bwing, price is too high now.

So much of R2 you're sitting there going "why the fuck do I need to do that" only to come back 28 steps later and go "ohhhhhh great idea".

And I've little doubt that we're going to have cockpit stickers again on the MF. Yaaaaaaaay.

Osahi

So glad I got red five used, saved me that pain!

TIE was a fun build, though the only really interesting part was how the wings attach.

Still have Slave to go. Wish I could have got a bwing, price is too high now.

So much of R2 you're sitting there going "why the fuck do I need to do that" only to come back 28 steps later and go "ohhhhhh great idea".

And I've little doubt that we're going to have cockpit stickers again on the MF. Yaaaaaaaay.

MF cockpit is printed

DBT85

Just realised that the Snowspeeder and Speeder/Trooper I ordered last night may well not ship before the mf drops so I might not get the points in time. Bleh.

Already been trying to work out what I'd spend the MF points on and now might have to add another £30.

MF cockpit is printed
Praise be to the Studded God.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Polybag R2-D2 for 19€
Worth it?

That’s around what I bought mine for. I wanted it to go alongside my UCS. But now I’ll want a poly bag BB8 for a matching set..

If you can get to a Lego store this weekend they’re doing a competition where you get a lottery card which could win you a UCS MF, but I think someone said even if you lose you get an R2 polybag?

I wonder if Disney just told LEGO that Snoke is on a First Order Star Destroyer but not what kind. Feels weird to get a TFA one when his actual ship has been revealed.

DBT85

I think my parents dropped me on my head as a child. I've been wondering if anyone has not only mixed bags from one set for a build, but mixed 2 sets together lol.

papluh

Polybag R2-D2 for 19€
Worth it?

Depends, but note that at least in Europe anybody doing the in-Store quiz and not winning any set, which means majority, got one. They had boxes of those. So the price might go down with the added supply.

I guess I might do a count of mine and start selling some to fund the MF...

I think my parents dropped me on my head as a child. I've been wondering if anyone has not only mixed bags from one set for a build, but mixed 2 sets together lol.
I guess anybody buying old LEGO as unsorted mix with some manuals dropped in :)

DBT85

I guess anybody buying old LEGO as unsorted mix with some manuals dropped in :)

Naa I'm talking about things like mixing the TIE and the Slave 1 or something like that. Bigger sets!

I've got Slave 1 sitting here to do, I've got Saturn V, BB8, Snowspeeder and Trooper/Speeder on the way, Death Star to order tomorrow and then MF whenever I order it. But I don't want to start Slave 1 because as soon as I start I'm closer to finishing it. Boo this.

Nitemare1

Got all hyped for Force Friday, Got up this morning started browsing the website and ordered.....
Old Fishing Store!...:)
I'll get a BB8 eventually. I just finished the snow speeder a little while ago so I wanted something not Star Wars for my next big purchase.

papluh

Naa I'm talking about things like mixing the TIE and the Slave 1 or something like that. Bigger sets!

I've got Slave 1 sitting here to do, I've got Saturn V, BB8, Snowspeeder and Trooper/Speeder on the way, Death Star to order tomorrow and then MF whenever I order it. But I don't want to start Slave 1 because as soon as I start I'm closer to finishing it. Boo this.

yeah, it has to be a big catch to match such 2 UCS

But once I bought from ebay some old LEGO Technic sets. It was a big IKEA tub and inside was - 8880: Super Car, 8480: Space Shuttle, 8479: Barcode Multi-Set, 8432: Concept Car, 8062: Briefcase Set and some small sets. So about 5 thousand pieces of old Technic, lot of black parts. Just the electronic parts were separate in the plastic briefcase.
That was lot of fun :D

DBT85

yeah, it has to be a big catch to match such 2 UCS

But once I bought from ebay some old LEGO Technic sets. It was a big IKEA tub and inside was - 8880: Super Car, 8480: Space Shuttle, 8479: Barcode Multi-Set, 8432: Concept Car, 8062: Briefcase Set and some small sets. So about 5 thousand pieces of old Technic, lot of black parts. Just the electronic parts were separate in the plastic briefcase.
That was lot of fun :D

Amazing catch! Wanted all of those as a kid lol.

To appreciate the MF box size...
asdu77oaigjz.jpg

giphy.gif

I have slave 1 sitting here for reference from that photo. That's a big box!

ruxtpin

Banned
So the big Hoth. Set is out of stock, but isn't labeled as Retiring Soon. Something like that would probably come back?

Edit: Same happened with the Apollo.

So did anyone get it? I'm contemplating a drive to the Lego Store just to look, but I'm a little sleep deprived and worried i might impulse. it's not too much the money (it's a lot but I'll survive) but I have no space to even shame closet the box, much less display it.

DBT85

So did anyone get it? I'm contemplating a drive to the Lego Store just to look, but I'm a little sleep deprived and worried i might impulse. it's not too much the money (it's a lot but I'll survive) but I have no space to even shame closet the box, much less display it.
Can't get it till the 14th.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Depends, but note that at least in Europe anybody doing the in-Store quiz and not winning any set, which means majority, got one. They had boxes of those. So the price might go down with the added supply.

I guess I might do a count of mine and start selling some to fund the MF...
Are there any indications (maybe from earlier events like these) how long it take for that?
I live in europe, so maybe I am lucky.

Top Bottom