• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Servbot24

Banned
Honestly... if my student loans were paid off I would probably get it, lol. Can't really make the the purchase with a good conscience as is though.

Plum

GAF, I need your help.

75153 AT-ST or 75532 Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike.

AT-ST:
- I prefer regular Lego over constraction stuff
- Would fit with my eventual Modular Street display
- Outside of the pilot the minifigures are bleh

Scout Trooper:
- Larger and more impressive to look at
- People here seem to love it
- Bit of a poor value for the price

Which one?

Ponn

Banned
To appreciate the MF box size... (the MF has more than one meaning here :D )
asdu77oaigjz.jpg

We're gonna need a bigger shelf.

I vote we use BMF as the shorthand.

GAF, I need your help.

AT-ST:

Scout Trooper:

Which one?

A LegoGAFfer doesn't deal in absolutes. We just get both when trying to decide.

DonShula

GAF, I need your help.

AT-ST:

Scout Trooper:

Which one?

Both are enjoyable to put together and nice to look at. AT-ST is a bit more repetitive due it being symmetrical (the speeder bike is obviously symmetrical but so slim that there's not much repetition).

The speeder bike takes up quite a bit of room. If you want to display it sideways it's pretty big.

Depends on your preference really. Can't go wrong with either. I feel like the AT-ST is one of the few Star Wars sets with a decent value at MSRP.

GAF, I need your help.

AT-ST:

Scout Trooper:

Which one?

Speeder Bike is actually good value compared to other Constraction figures. Sure, it isn't the $.10 per piece threshold, but still damn good compared to other Constraction sets.
And it is awesome.

papluh

Are there any indications (maybe from earlier events like these) how long it take for that?
I live in europe, so maybe I am lucky.

You mean this one, right ? https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=30611-1&#T=S&O={}

If you check the price guide then the average price has already went down since ~19 in May to 14.70 in August and September prices are attacking 10. So it is getting to the price where shipping is important and can make substantial part of the cost ...

Plum

Well GAF you haven't made my choice any easier than it was before. I'm definitely leaning towards the AT-ST. I'm thinking I might get Luke's Landspeeder as well for the minifigures and to get that free AT-AT polybag. £65 is a bit much for only around 650 pieces, though.

I don't know. Wish I could have just bought BB-8 but it's both too expensive and too far in the future (for delivery) to be viable.

A LegoGAFfer doesn't deal in absolutes. We just get both when trying to decide.

If I could get both I would but the max I can really spend is around £60 or so.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
You mean this one, right ? https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=30611-1&#T=S&O={}

If you check the price guide then the average price has already went down since ~19 in May to 14.70 in August and September prices are attacking 10. So it is getting to the price where shipping is important and can make substantial part of the cost ...
Thanks - I usually just look at ebay for that stuff. Gonna make a account and just look how much shipping will be. Maybe gonna wait a week before I buy it.
Maybe I cant get two, or three other Polys, too!

Ponn

Banned
Sorry I forgot which one of you was pimping Lego Worlds. I was waiting for the Switch version and it comes out this week. Looks like it includes the Monsters and Space DLC too. Have it preordered but not sure I will be able to get to it this week. I'm trying to hurry finish FF XII:ZA and then I have MARIO x Rabbids sitting here I'm going to do a quick play through of. I'm planning on Lego Worlds being my "just screwing around" game till MARIO in Oct.

Plum

Sorry for wasting time asking for advice, but I've decided on refraining from buying either of those sets. Neither of them really grabbed me enough to justify the price; I'd much rather wait until I actually have a decent amount of money later this month and buy myself BB-8 and maybe the OFS as I actually want those two.

...I still did buy some Lego, though. Bought Luke's Speeder alongside Uncharted: TLL and Metroid.

Sorry I forgot which one of you was pimping Lego Worlds. I was waiting for the Switch version and it comes out this week. Looks like it includes the Monsters and Space DLC too. Have it preordered but not sure I will be able to get to it this week. I'm trying to hurry finish FF XII:ZA and then I have MARIO x Rabbids sitting here I'm going to do a quick play through of. I'm planning on Lego Worlds being my "just screwing around" game till MARIO in Oct.

Completely forgot it was coming out on Switch. I'll buy it if the performance isn't terrible, but I'm a bit worried about that.

Ponn

Banned
Another one of the bricktober minifig sets was posted by member meanders on brickset. This one is city/jungle.
https://us.v-cdn.net/5015319/uploads/editor/jj/f3jjpzxyfxwp.jpg

http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/25995/does-anyone-have-batman-battle-pod-5004929#latest

Yea I mistakenly thought all 4 would be TLBM then I heard the rumor the other day they were going to be different, guess this confirms. The rumor I heard one of them is going to be Ninjago movie. I'm actually relieved now I don't have to drop a shit load of money at TRU.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I am determined to get the Falcon within a year.. I mean who eats at the dining room table any more anyways...?

I might do this. Put aside £50 a month into a jar and then revisit how much I want it for Force Friday III (especially if it comes with 3x VIP points).

Although of course next year it might be competing with a Star Destroyer. I'm fairly set on only OT UCS sets, and what I’ve seen of the new trilogy so far I think I’m safe from being swayed from that path.

Koren

Honestly... if my student loans were paid off I would probably get it, lol. Can't really make the the purchase with a good conscience as is though.
I never had a student loan, and my flat is paid. I still don't have good conscience... That never go away, it's still a LOT of money for a bunch of plastic parts, money you may need for something else.

Yes!!! I was pimping it like crazy.

It's worth the bang for the buck! The space DLC is small but superb.

I use Worlds as my go to game when I don't know what to play or to just chill out since it's such a chill game. So much to unlock in it. Played a ton over months and I'm still finding new stuff.

Plus it's got dungeons n the type of secrets involving decoding.

I still consider it the best Lego released. It's what Dimensions should have been.

Ponn

Banned
Yes!!! I was pimping it like crazy.

It's worth the bang for the buck! The space DLC is small but superb.

I use Worlds as my go to game when I don't know what to play or to just chill out since it's such a chill game. So much to unlock in it. Played a ton over months and I'm still finding new stuff.

Plus it's got dungeons n the type of secrets involving decoding.

I still consider it the best Lego released. It's what Dimensions should have been.

Ah ok. Yea I loved Lego Dimensions but I haven't even finished some of the last wave worlds. It eventually got really samey. I'm interested in the building/minecraft portion of Worlds since that was never a part of Dimensions. That main thing is I was waiting for it to be on Switch because I wanted it portable so I can just screw around in it while watching TV or a movie. I'm glad it sounds expansive and I hope they continue supporting it (now that they have given up on Dimensions)

edit: Heads up. On US S@H it looks like they ran out of Scariff trooper and are now offering Admiral Yularen as the freebie. So if anyone still wanted that fig, there you go.

Haines

Banned
Will there ever be a (much) better time to buy ninjago city than 2x points next month?

Its going to sit in the closet for a while, but i want to get the best deal i can on it.

Ponn

Banned
Will there ever be a (much) better time to buy ninjago city than 2x points next month?

Its going to sit in the closet for a while, but i want to get the best deal i can on it.

Depends. They will probably have double VIP (3x VIP is the stuff of legends now)again for brick Friday in Nov. and sales and deals on different sets (doubt Ninjago City). Close to holidays you roll the dice on availability of sets. You will probably want the Christmas freebie they give out on brick Friday too. I notice the free Lloyd fig offer ends a couple days before double VIP starts next month. They are so good at that.

Basically this is a good time to start planning out your purchases through November to maximize freebies and double VIP. Even though it never works out and something invariably is surprise released or goes on sale and throws a wrench in your perfectly budgeted plans.

Unlikely unless the set doesn't sell well. UCS B-Wing saw a 50% discount (if you somehow were able to get your hands on it for that price).
Classic TV Batcave is going for around 20% discount.
UCS Asssault on Hot has also seen about 20% discount as well.
I think there will be a decent demand for Ninjago City, but it's hard to gauge how much wide appeal it has.
IMO, Ninjago Airjitzu temple probably has a much wider appeal and that has seen some discounts.

LEGO is putting out too much product that I think we'll see more discounts this year and next for LEGO to clear out inventory. I can wait for Ninjago City and see if it ever gets a 20% discount. If not and LEGO hasn't put out another 10 $200+ sets out, I'll grab it close to when it's retired.

My local LEGO Store was apparently out of the BB-8, which I'm not surprised by, but it is a small bummer. Thankfully I don't care that much about the giveaway Minifig (even though it does look pretty cool). If I bought $50-100 of LEGO sets for every giveaway I would be in a quite a bit of debt, lol.

Got to see the Millennium Falcon, and it's... definitely a very large Millennium Falcon. I'd prefer one that's 1 foot at longest and has a lot of tiny pieces to make a really great looking smaller model (without interior).

DBT85

Third and final order placed. Death Star on its way. Until the Falcon comes out I now own every star wars set I want to own that will realistically be mine as I'm not paying the prices for the UCS B or Y wings.

what-have-i-done.gif

Backlog complete.

GAF, I need your help.

AT-ST:

Scout Trooper:

Which one?

Can't go wrong with either. I have both of them and they're great.
I grabbed the Scout Trooper with a cool 70% discount, that sure was a nice deal!

Tendo

i'm assuming the new bb8 will be around for awhile right? Cuz I'm thinking of going double points on the y wing, a wing, luke's speeder, and the UCS snowspeeder. That seem like a good haul? UCS speeder turned out ok right? I was absent from the thread when it launched.

i'm assuming the new bb8 will be around for awhile right? Cuz I'm thinking of going double points on the y wing, a wing, luke's speeder, and the UCS snowspeeder. That seem like a good haul? UCS speeder turned out ok right? I was absent from the thread when it launched.

Great build, too many stickers.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
The Saturn V has done terrible things to me. Probably going to get future NASA sets (REALLY hope the new ideas shuttle gets approved or Lego does their own new one) but I'm also thinking about those modular buildings.

Looks like they do one of those per year? And based on availability, they are available for about 5 years before being discontinued?

The Saturn V has done terrible things to me. Probably going to get future NASA sets (REALLY hope the new ideas shuttle gets approved or Lego does their own new one) but I'm also thinking about those modular buildings.

Looks like they do one of those per year? And based on availability, they are available for about 5 years before being discontinued?

Yes, it's been yearly for awhile. Checking back, it does seem like they are available for 4-5 yrs after release starting with Fire Brigade. Town Hall is an exception as sales for that one were poor, but due to scarcity the aftermarket price skyrocketed. When I started getting back into LEGO around 2010, the time frame was closer to 2 years for modulars.

https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Advanced-Models/subtheme-Modular-Buildings

Boogiepop

Hmm... so, that's a bit of a pickle I hadn't quite expected. That Town Hall I ebayed arrived, and... the seller shipped it pretty much fully built (like, the seperate floors heavily bubble wrapped in a big box). Still, like... I was planning on building it, and that's definitely part of the fun... But it feels like such a pain to try to carefully disassemble everything in order to reassemble it... Maaaaaybe I could justify it as a thorough wipe of the dust on it? (Even though my other modulars have definitely accumulated dust over time). Also probably wouldn't hurt as an inventory to make sure nothing's missing...

Oh, and pretty sure it's legit at a first glance. Does anybody else copy the little Lego printing on every stud, or is that a sign it's 100% in the clear?

Edit: In a little bonus, despite the guy saying no minifigs, the secretary woman was in there. So that's a nice little plus!

Drove to Nashville to see Close Encounters on the big screen. The LEGO store was just a bonus. Got a small PAB cup of random stuff, a new shark keychain, and the halloween set.
Oh, and saw the UCS Falcon in person. MY GOD. That thing is huge. Really, pictures don't do it justice.
And had to take a closer look at it in the display case. There is a small bit of SNOT work on the underside. Nothing like the top, but it isn't as bare and terrible as some smaller pics make it look.

And I also got conflicting messages. I called the store Friday to ask if they were doing reserve lists or would hold a Falcon on release day if I came that day and they said they would be doing no holds of any kind on that set. But today, they said they could hold for 24 hours with no issue. UGH. Confusion.

JEFFz0mg

Neo Member
After building BB-8 and seeing it in my display I caved and bought a sealed R2-D2 off ebay.

BB-8 just looks so lonely without his friend...

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, it's been yearly for awhile. Checking back, it does seem like they are available for 4-5 yrs after release starting with Fire Brigade. Town Hall is an exception as sales for that one were poor, but due to scarcity the aftermarket price skyrocketed. When I started getting back into LEGO around 2010, the time frame was closer to 2 years for modulars.

https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Advanced-Models/subtheme-Modular-Buildings

I guess I'm starting with Pet Shop since I like that one, it's discontinued, and prices aren't crazy yet. All the other discontinued ones are probably out of the question.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Third and final order placed. Death Star on its way. Until the Falcon comes out I now own every star wars set I want to own that will realistically be mine as I'm not paying the prices for the UCS B or Y wings.

what-have-i-done.gif

Backlog complete.

Phase 2 : introduce DBT to Bricklink to recreate the B wind and Y wing....

To any experienced Star Wars collector, what brand has more quality at this point, their Lego sets or their action figure line? Personally, I'm not as impressed with their action figures as I once was in the past. Is this due to age, or has there been a drop in quality over the years?

DBT85

After building BB-8 and seeing it in my display I caved and bought a sealed R2-D2 off ebay.

BB-8 just looks so lonely without his friend...

You shall not be disappointed. Looks great and a fun build!

Phase 2 : introduce DBT to Bricklink to recreate the B wind and Y wing....
Haha, if the prices to do so are reasonable I would be fine. Though with this MF and the expected SSD I do wonder about a y wing really release. Not expecting a b wing since it looks like it sold poorly. Y wing is a big deal in the resistance tho!

Hmm... so, that's a bit of a pickle I hadn't quite expected. That Town Hall I ebayed arrived, and... the seller shipped it pretty much fully built (like, the seperate floors heavily bubble wrapped in a big box). Still, like... I was planning on building it, and that's definitely part of the fun... But it feels like such a pain to try to carefully disassemble everything in order to reassemble it... Maaaaaybe I could justify it as a thorough wipe of the dust on it? (Even though my other modulars have definitely accumulated dust over time). Also probably wouldn't hurt as an inventory to make sure nothing's missing...

Oh, and pretty sure it's legit at a first glance. Does anybody else copy the little Lego printing on every stud, or is that a sign it's 100% in the clear?

Edit: In a little bonus, despite the guy saying no minifigs, the secretary woman was in there. So that's a nice little plus!

I have not seen or heard of any bootleg that copies the LEGO print on the studs. It probably would cost a lot more to make moulding with LEGO on the studs or quality would be horrible.

I feel like everyone in the old OT got one at the time lol. It was a B-Wing firesale frenzy for a while.

Not a fan of B-Wing but at the 50% I would have bought it instantly if I was able to find one at 50% off.

Yeah that's what I said at first as well

Shhhhhhh!

Top Bottom