• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Barring re-releases or knock offs, the price points ensure my stance won't change. Grand Emporium looks like the only one that might be an option sometime, maybe, if I'm lucky. Even Assembly Square might end up being a pass despite looking pretty nice and having 4k pieces.

I wouldn't bother with the Grand Emporium unless you're really after getting the complete set. It looks nice when it's done but the build is pretty boring, your money's much better spent on the newer ones.

Especially in a choice between it and Assembly Square, GE will cost a bit more and just isn't as good.

Osahi

Do people here like the Mighty Dinosaur Creator Set? I think the T-REX is something cool to place in a office

YES! It's an amazing little set, and the T-Rex is super posable. He's after the dogs in my Modular Street. Haven't built the other 2, but actually contemplate getting two more sets if I find them discounted enough.

Barring re-releases or knock offs, the price points ensure my stance won't change. Grand Emporium looks like the only one that might be an option sometime, maybe, if I'm lucky. Even Assembly Square might end up being a pass despite looking pretty nice and having 4k pieces.

Do yourself a favour and get Assembly Square. It's expensive but amazing. Packed with detail, amazing use of pieces (that wedding cake!) and build techniques (the upside down dome above the bakery's entrance). And the sofa in the AFOL apartment is something else.

Only think I don't like about it is how the build is only divided in 6 'bag'-phases. I tent to break up building experiences over different days, or like to do 'a bag' in between work for winding down, and the phaes of Assembly Square sometimes take way to long. It sometimes feels like your building a complete medium set in one go when you do a bag. (This is an 'issue' with most modulars, of which the building experiences are usually divided by floor, so in three big steps. But with AS it just became blatant as the set is so massive)

GAMEPROFF

Banned
YES! It's an amazing little set, and the T-Rex is super posable. He's after the dogs in my Modular Street. Haven't built the other 2, but actually contemplate getting two more sets if I find them discounted enough.
Great, gonna buy it then I guess.
Can you tell me how tall the T-Rex is?

I have the new 75190 First Order Star Destroyer.
The older 75055 Star Destroyer was also on my wishlist. Is that still an interesting build, already having the First Order one?

edit:
same question about TIE Fighter. I have 75101. Is 75095 still interesting?

I made some rearrangements to remove my 32x48 MOC and make room for Ninjago City and, outside of that, OFS. Since Ninjago City has its pavement raised a bit, I made a small adapter that fits on top of the next modular pavement, at least on most buildings:

htKAaR4.jpg

This makes for a nice transition. Also, you need something to block off the upper walkway.

kwqQ9lV.jpg

DBT85

I have the new 75190 First Order Star Destroyer.
The older 75055 Star Destroyer was also on my wishlist. Is that still an interesting build, already having the First Order one?

edit:
same question about TIE Fighter. I have 75101. Is 75095 still interesting?

75095 is indeed interesting Daniel Jackson. Also quite a bit bigger.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just starting on BB8 and I remembered the most irritating part of Lego instructions - that 'turn over' symbol. Which direction am I supposed to turn it?

So you end up spinning it around playing 'match the shape'

DBT85

Just starting on BB8 and I remembered the most irritating part of Lego instructions - that 'turn over' symbol. Which direction am I supposed to turn it?

So you end up spinning it around playing 'match the shape'
I usually find they've used coloured bricks somewhere which look intentionally there to help orientation.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Parisian Restaurant is the best of the bunch and probably the next to go. Get that and be amazed

Think that will go before Palace Cinema? I was planning to get that one next since it's the oldest one that's not retired, but it might be next year before I buy another one.

Ponn

Banned
I keep getting these thoughts to get the Falcon. And then I get the sobering thought I still need to get

Carousel
Ninjago City
Destinys Bounty
Ultimate Batmobile
Batwing

And upcoming
WV Station
Wayne Manor
Possible Hogwarts
Possible whatever that other huge set being talked about
New Modular in 4 months

And half of those I'm more excited for than the Falcon. Hype is a real and awful thing sometimes.

I keep getting these thoughts to get the Falcon. And then I get the sobering thought I still need to get

Carousel
Ninjago City
Destinys Bounty
Ultimate Batmobile
Batwing

And upcoming
WV Station
Wayne Manor
Possible Hogwarts
New Modular in 4 months

And half of those I'm more excited for than the Falcon. Hype is a real and awful thing sometimes.

The Falcon looks incredible bit since I don't buy SW sets it will make no sense to start now. I also convince myshelf to pass antes Batman Movie sets, Wayne Manor only if it fits with the modulars which is unlikely.

Carousel also dos not fit in the scale, so I will pass.

Now WV, Ninjago City, Destiny's Bounty, Hogwarts, next modulars are all in my list.

Haines

Banned

Carousel
Ninjago City
Destinys Bounty
Ultimate Batmobile
Batwing

And upcoming
WV Station
Wayne Manor
Possible Hogwarts
New Modular in 4 months

That's why I'm going to end up passing on the falcon. 1 set compared to so many other great ones...lego is competing with themselves at this point.

I'm not the first to say it and it just speaks to the brilliance of there sets and some nice marketing.

When people say Wayne manor..is that the Lego movie version? I've yet to see it. Waiting for a 4k version sale.

ghostmind

Three months of work finally finished. The biggest model I've ever built, both in terms of size and piece count.

I do not look forward to having to move it when it goes on display in November.

Oh wow, that brings back memories. Great mini-builds of the competitors and the house robots. And interactive arena features - nicely done!

After building BB-8 and seeing it in my display I caved and bought a sealed R2-D2 off ebay.

BB-8 just looks so lonely without his friend...

Assuming getting all the pieces isn't too hard, I'm seriously thinking about doing a MOC for BB-9E (the Evil BB-8).

Seems like the body would largely be just swapping Orange and White for Black and Grey with some minor body differences, but then the head would be have to be its own design.

I suppose I'll need to wait for the movie to find out if there are any other differences (like having a tiny blaster pop out instead of a lighter/torch like BB-8).

75095 is indeed interesting Daniel Jackson. Also quite a bit bigger.

It's definitely on my list now, after looking at some more pictures. A really nice display piece.
And I'm also really starting to like the UCS Slave I set. But which one to get first! Choices, choices.

DBT85

It's definitely on my list now, after looking at some more pictures. A really nice display piece.
And I'm also really starting to like the UCS Slave I set. But which one to get first! Choices, choices.
If you go back a page or two there are a couple of my photos of the TIE with my Red Five. Only completed it a few days ago.

If you want both then buy whichever one came out first. It's the safest bet.

Curious how long before BB-9E is offered in not just a giant set.

Probably by the second wave of sets. I can't image BB-9E won't be very popular (assuming he has enough screentime in the movie), so they'll probably make a small "BB-8 vs. BB-9E: Showdown!" set or something.

DonShula

Curious how long before BB-9E is offered in not just a giant set.

Probably by the second wave of sets. I can't image BB-9E won't be very popular (assuming he has enough screentime in the movie), so they'll probably make a small "BB-8 vs. BB-9E: Showdown!" set or something.

I saw a cartoon video short on Facebook today featuring BB-8 and BB-9E (official, not fan made). I think there are big plans for BB-9E.

DonShula

Took a trip to the Container Store today. The woman at the cash register looked at what was in my cart and immediately said "you're organizing Lego aren't you?"

Smart Store boxes are great. I don't have enough spare pieces for an entire floor standing toolbox like some of you, but I had enough that the Smart Store container sizes work really well. I just didn't buy enough of them. I also bought some "Infinite Divider" boxes for the less common piece colors and those are nice and cheap also.

god, pick a brick is awful. Takes like 2 weeks to get anything in the US and they take 4-5 business days to just ship it. Only use is getting rarer colors that are pricey on bricklink and free shipping for large orders.

Ryuuroden

Took a trip to the Container Store today. The woman at the cash register looked at what was in my cart and immediately said "you're organizing Lego aren't you?"

Smart Store boxes are great. I don't have enough spare pieces for an entire floor standing toolbox like some of you, but I had enough that the Smart Store container sizes work really well. I just didn't buy enough of them. I also bought some "Infinite Divider" boxes for the less common piece colors and those are nice and cheap also.

Haha, The container store in Central Ohio knows me. I buy boxes of the clear ladies shoe boxes for the majority of my storage. It's the most economical.

Alright lego fam, need some advice.

I am THIS close to buying the Death Star off lego.com.

Is this a wise decision? or should I get multiple sets?

I don't have Snowspeeder, Slave 1, Assault on Hoth, First Order Star Destroyer, First Order Heavy Assault Walker.

Or non star wars related I also don't have: Palace Cinema, Ninjago City, Temple of Airjitzu, Helicarrier, Disney Castle, Tower Bridge etc etc etc.

And please don't say get everything :p

Alright lego fam, need some advice.

I am THIS close to buying the Death Star off lego.com.

Is this a wise decision? or should I get multiple sets?

I don't have Snowspeeder, Slave 1, Assault on Hoth, First Order Star Destroyer, First Order Heavy Assault Walker.

Or non star wars related I also don't have: Palace Cinema, Ninjago City, Temple of Airjitzu, Helicarrier, Disney Castle, Tower Bridge etc etc etc.

And please don't say get everything :p
Death Star is awesome, but you have time. Slave 1 and Temple of Airjitzu will get harder to find asap.

ruxtpin

Banned
Anyone here bought the new Hoth set at discount? I'm jonesin on the figures and could likely use all the rest of the set for part collection. Not sure if it hits the sweet spot at $200 tho.

Jimrpg

And here I thought the entire board was getting the Falcon with the amount of excitement shown the last couple of days. Somewhat glad that I'm not alone in not getting it as I don't get the Star Wars sets. :) Will be interested to see some pictures of it up close.

Ninjago City on the other hand, is doing to me, what the Falcon is to you guys though. I absolutely love it, but I have Parisian Restaurant, Detective's Office and Brick Bank still to get. Maybe next year I'll have a bit of spare budget, as the recent creator/friends/city sets leak seems like there aren't any must buys for me. Anyone find any must buys in next year's sets?

BUY! ASAP!
Shocking you can still find it.

How long has it been out for? Still gets restocked (quite regularly?) in my country.

Ponn

Banned
And here I thought the entire board was getting the Falcon with the amount of excitement shown the last couple of days. Somewhat glad that I'm not alone in not getting it as I don't get the Star Wars sets. :) Will be interested to see some pictures of it up close.

Ninjago City on the other hand, is doing to me, what the Falcon is to you guys though. I absolutely love it, but I have Parisian Restaurant, Detective's Office and Brick Bank still to get. Maybe next year I'll have a bit of spare budget, as the recent creator/friends/city sets leak seems like there aren't any must buys for me. Anyone find any must buys in next year's sets?

Ninjago City definitely does things in my nether regions. When I decided not to go for the Falcon Ninjago City became my next main get but i'm just deciding when. I'd like to get that Lloyd fig but that promo ends right before double VIP next month (thanks Lego you schemey bastiges). I also want that VIP exclusive set as well during that promo BUT i am needing to get the Train Station so I do got that covered. But then i'm going to have get something during Brick Friday as well sooo...decisions decisions.

Pictures of your storage setup? I always love to find better ways to organize my stuff via others.

I didn't realize that the Scariff Trooper thing was only available until today. Just tried to add something to my bag and was treated to a free Yularen. I guess this is nature's way of encouraging me to continue to slow down on the LEGO. edit: to be clear this was in lieu of the Scariff fig

That having been said, my wife has mentioned a few times that she is already aware of the "giant Star Wars set" coming out and that there's "no way in hell we're getting it."

So she acknowledged it without me raising the topic.

Check and mate.

That's nice, even though it wasn't in my cart or part of my order, Lego just added one of the free Falcon posters to my order, to be shipped with my backordered sets.

Finished up my backlog before my Star Wars stuff comes. Built the Battle on Naboo and a T-Rex 3-in-one. The battle on Naboo has the most awkward action feature I've ever seen, it's only point appears to be to make Darth Maul popcorn. Also came with an extra Darth Maul scalp, in case I want to stick it on a Storm Trooper or something I guess.

In all the sets I've bought, I've never seen them include a spare minifig part. Usually it's just some 1x1 studs or technic connectors.

Just have Sonic the Hedgehog and a Scarecrow helicopter left in my backlog. The huge sticker on the Scarecrow set is causing me to delay building it, huge stickers make me nervous.

That's nice, even though it wasn't in my cart or part of my order, Lego just added one of the free Falcon posters to my order, to be shipped with my backordered sets.

In all the sets I've bought, I've never seen them include a spare minifig part. Usually it's just some 1x1 studs or technic connectors.

Nah, it wasn't nice. Yularen was there in lieu of the Scariff one, sadly.

It's all good, the fig would've likely been stuck in a box somewhere next to the others I keep stupidly buying. I already have a few Yularens which is sad in itself.

Regarding your spare part, whenever you buy a set with a Zabrak fig you'll get an extra "crown". I'm not sure why, but they fit the profile of the other 1x1 and Technic pieces you get as extras...

Top Bottom