• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Nah, it wasn't nice. Yularen was there in lieu of the Scariff one, sadly.

It's all good, the fig would've likely been stuck in a box somewhere next to the others I keep stupidly buying. I already have a few Yularens which is sad in itself.

Regarding your spare part, whenever you buy a set with a Zabrak fig you'll get an extra "crown". I'm not sure why, but they fit the profile of the other 1x1 and Technic pieces you get as extras...

I'm still getting the Scariff trooper minifig, it's already shipped. I made this order on Friday morning.

I got an email from Lego that they updated my order, because they added this to it, which wasn't part of my original order for some reason (maybe because I wasn't logged in until right before I paid?)

Although looking at it, I kind of want Yularen instead of the Scariff Trooper, heh. I don't have him, and prefer a specific character (even if I don't know who the character is). Although it seems he's incredibly common, so I'll probably get a chance in the future.

Although looking at it, I kind of want Yularen instead of the Scariff Trooper, heh. I don't have him, and prefer a specific character (even if I don't know who the character is). Although it seems he's incredibly common, so I'll probably get a chance in the future.

He's only ever appeared in this one 2015 poly so he's rare. I had to look him up too though; didn't know the name.

I didn't realize that the Scariff Trooper thing was only available until today. Just tried to add something to my bag and was treated to a free Yularen. I guess this is nature's way of encouraging me to continue to slow down on the LEGO. edit: to be clear this was in lieu of the Scariff fig

That having been said, my wife has mentioned a few times that she is already aware of the "giant Star Wars set" coming out and that there's "no way in hell we're getting it."

So she acknowledged it without me raising the topic.

Check and mate.

It was inevitable. You are one of the longest posters here and biggest buyers. Seems like many of us long timers have hit that plastic ceiling.

So far my wife hasn't drawn the line in the sand, but I know I'm close. Money aside, there is only so much space to store LEGO. I need to reopen my Bricklink store (closes automatically if not logged in for 1 month) and start selling surplus and backlog. Will ease the talk when a GIANT sized LEGO box that I cannot hide appears.

EDIT:

Will the Millenium Falcon box fit in this? It will be a "costume" for it while it is in my garage. :)

b941ac5d-ece8-48f6-ab16-ce3ce0aa83d4_1000.jpg

It was inevitable. You are one of the longest posters here and biggest buyers. Seems like many of us long timers have hit that plastic ceiling.

So far my wife hasn't drawn the line in the sand, but I know I'm close. Money aside, there is only so much space to store LEGO. I need to reopen my Bricklink store (closes automatically if not logged in for 1 month) and start selling surplus and backlog. Will ease the talk when a GIANT sized LEGO box that I cannot hide appears.

You've hit the nail on the head. Storage and display have become the biggest "voice" in my head when I debate buying a new set. I'll take some pictures tomorrow and post them - I'm out of space.

How was your experience with Bricklink as a seller? How active were you?

Haines

Banned
Ive seen sooooo many mentions of hiding lego from the wife on the internet

I seriously hope hiding any purchases from the wife is a joke.

DBT85

I have to have one of the most chilled wives ever. I told her about the Falcon and she's encouraging me to get it, also told her about the other £700 I spent at the weekend and she can't wait to see all the little Death Star details. And we're just coming to the end of sg-1 season 2 and she's desperate to watch more, and she is fine when I want to just have trifle for lunch. Lol.

Praise be to the Studded God.

Ponn

Banned
You all are better off spending the next couple weeks convincing your SO that they are having hallucinations and seeing things. And then on the 14th just walk right in with the Falcon box and when they say something just act like they are hallucinating again.

My wife knows I am coming home with a Falcon. She has no idea where I am going to put it once it is built, nor do I. But that will be the biggest challenge.

You've hit the nail on the head. Storage and display have become the biggest "voice" in my head when I debate buying a new set. I'll take some pictures tomorrow and post them - I'm out of space.

How was your experience with Bricklink as a seller? How active were you?

It has been very good. I prefer using Bricklink than eBay because I tend to trust Bricklink more. I have had about 147 orders filled. Can't seem to find when I opened my store, but it's been about 3-4 years at least. It's kinda time consuming at times, but I only do about 1-3 orders a week and with weeks with no orders. I've learned over time how to optimize the process so it's not too bad. Oh, and I don't sell too many parts (at least not yet) so I don't have to spend a lot of time hand selecting parts for orders

Purpose of my store is to get rid of surplus inventory, promo items I don't want, etc. Making money to offset my spending is only a small part of it.

P.S. Thanks for asking. Made me actually log back onto Bricklink and reopen my store. Been closed since May of this year.

Ive seen sooooo many mentions of hiding lego from the wife on the internet

I seriously hope hiding any purchases from the wife is a joke.

No joke. She knows I buy stuff, but I don't advertise all my purchases. Haven't had any fights about it, but she definitely lets me know when she's not happy about it every so often.

My wife probably would be happier if I came home with a real live falcon instead of an $800 LEGO Millenium Falcon.
I just dropped down to part time at work and took a voluntary demotion so I could go back to school. So I took a massive pay cut, and am paying for school out of pocket. Virtually all frivolous purchases are off the table now, but I was saving for months for the Falcon.
My wife understands it is my last major purchase for some time.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

I need to do this too. Get some stuff cleared up. But it means breaking down, sorting, and checking against inventory when selling sets (that last one is a nightmare personally). Will sell my remaining technics sets (8043 and 9398) and then take a look at any smaller sets I don’t really need any more. Already have too many parts to be practically stored, and might switch to being a ‘sets in a box’ collector rather than ‘giant bin of parts’. Since my kids got older, they don’t really play with Lego any more, so the loose bins are really just taking up space in my son’s room.

Need to be careful not to just give them away though, like my dad did with our childhood bricks.. want to keep some for if/when I have grandkids.

You all just need bigger houses.

LEGO |OT7| Honey, don't you think the kids need larger rooms?

I've been working on my bigger house fund for years. I set a LEGO budget, spend over the budget, then put the extra cash into the bigger house fund. Hopefully this way I'll be able to get a bigger house eventually.

Osahi

Seems like my two orders (OFS and BB-8) have already been sorted on the Belgian post depot. This should mean they arrive today. Can't wait!

Not that I have the time to build them for the next few days. I shouldn't be even procastrinating on Gaf now

My wife knows I am coming home with a Falcon. She has no idea where I am going to put it once it is built, nor do I. But that will be the biggest challenge.

How big is this thing in comparison to the 3 inch action figure counterpart? I saw a picture of someone holding it. It's like the size of a watermelon.

Rootbeer

Banned
I just dropped down to part time at work and took a voluntary demotion so I could go back to school. So I took a massive pay cut, and am paying for school out of pocket. Virtually all frivolous purchases are off the table now, but I was saving for months for the Falcon.
My wife understands it is my last major purchase for some time.
Going out with a bang... enjoy it and good luck with your education.

willp2003

Seems like my two orders (OFS and BB-8) have already been sorted on the Belgian post depot. This should mean they arrive today. Can't wait!

Not that I have the time to build them for the next few days. I shouldn't be even procastrinating on Gaf now

Mine still says in warehouse, and I ordered it at midnight on the 1st. I've found that orders placed on a weekend don't get processed as quickly. Probably have less staff working.

Osahi

Mine still says in warehouse, and I ordered it at midnight on the 1st. I've found that orders placed on a weekend don't get processed as quickly. Probably have less staff working.

Same here though. I actuallt F5'd to see the order button coming up. Guess I'm lucky? Should be here within the next hour or so. Just hope the postman is so curtious to ring the bell. Sometimes they just assume you are at work anyway and just pop a note to save time.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
BB8 is gorgeous. Quite a repetitive build as you build each face of the sphere basically 5 times over. But the head action is really nicely done. They could have saved a ton of pieces by leaving that out, but the way his head bobs as it turns is very much in line with the movies.

Osahi

BB-8 is the only thing really attractive to me in the new SW line. I want Kylo's Tie too, but it is way overpriced, so I hope I'll be able to grab it heavily discounted down the line. I'm also on the fence about the Star Destroyer, is I prefer the OT design over this bulky thing. But I'm still angry on myself for missing out on the previous playset one... It helps I don't have any place to display it anymore though.

Next purchase will most likely be Ninjago City. Some LBM sets will have to make way for that beauty.

BB8 is gorgeous. Quite a repetitive build as you build each face of the sphere basically 5 times over. But the head action is really nicely done. They could have saved a ton of pieces by leaving that out, but the way his head bobs as it turns is very much in line with the movies.

I won't be able to build any of these two in one go. I'll probably start building BB-8 over my lunchbreaks in small batches, so repetitiveness shouldn't be an issue. Unless they ask you to build most of them during the same 'bag'.

A word of advice to you guys: your S.O. must be really cool with your Lego adiction, or even better share it. Otherwise, every brick will count towards a not so nice build, don't fool yourselves. I did it with my videogame collection, and it did not end well.

DonShula

BB-8 is the only thing really attractive to me in the new SW line. I want Kylo's Tie too, but it is way overpriced, so I hope I'll be able to grab it heavily discounted down the line. I'm also on the fence about the Star Destroyer, is I prefer the OT design over this bulky thing. But I'm still angry on myself for missing out on the previous playset one... It helps I don't have any place to display it anymore though.

Next purchase will most likely be Ninjago City. Some LBM sets will have to make way for that beauty.

I won't be able to build any of these two in one go. I'll probably start building BB-8 over my lunchbreaks in small batches, so repetitiveness shouldn't be an issue. Unless they ask you to build most of them during the same 'bag'.

There are 6 bags. It splits up into small batches well. The guts are kind of crazy but the outside sections can be done individually.

Also no one has mentioned this yet... it's kinda sharp when you hold it!

Osahi

There are 6 bags. It splits up into small batches well. The guts are kind of crazy but the outside sections can be done individually.

Also no one has mentioned this yet... it's kinda sharp when you hold it!

It's Lego with corners pointing out in every direction. Offcourse it's sharp as hell! :D

I'll start building tomorrow I think. Unless I manage to squeeze in a bag or two tonight.

A word of advice to you guys: your S.O. must be really cool with your Lego adiction, or even better share it. Otherwise, every brick will count towards a not so nice build, don't fool yourselves. I did it with my videogame collection, and it did not end well.

She's more or less okay with it. She loves the modulars and Winter Village so we buy and build them together, and once in a while there is a set she likes too (she just asked if I would let her help with OFS). She doesn't like Star Wars, but knows how much I love it so she doesn't really care as long as I don't display them in the living room.

Once in a while she does complain I spend maybe too much, but we have a system where we both pitch in the same amount for expenses and some savings, and can do with the rest of our wages what we want, so she can't really complain.

On the other hand, if a UCS MF-sized box would suddenly appear, I think we would have a row

DBT85

There are no bags, there is only chaos. #MixTheBags

I actually laugh when I see the little graphics at the start of the instructions telling you you sort the parts.

Specially small sets like bb8. Join the chaos!

I'd totally double dip on this dinosaur 3-in-one if they made another color like brown or blue, just for a nice Pteranodon. The T-Rex is sitting on my desk, and I can't stop looking at it. Awesome 12 dollars spent.

These builds are nicer than getting a pre-made hunk of plastic Jurassic Park style dinosaur, imo. They fit better in style with minifigs.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I'd totally double dip on this dinosaur 3-in-one if they made another color like brown or blue, just for a nice Pteranodon. The T-Rex is sitting on my desk, and I can't stop looking at it. Awesome 12 dollars spent.

These builds are nicer than getting a pre-made hunk of plastic Jurassic Park style dinosaur, imo. They fit better in style with minifigs.

My "copy" just shipped. Cant wait to bring it to my office when I build it.

Servbot24

Banned
One of the things that bothers me about buying Lego is that I live in an apartment and tend to move whenever my lease expires, sucks to pack them up. >_<

One of the things that bothers me about buying Lego is that I live in an apartment and tend to move whenever my lease expires, sucks to pack them up. >_<

There are methods to packing up assembled sets and minimizing move damage.

As for packing up a sorted collection, when I moved in 2014 almost everything was in plastic food containers or those Stanley Sortmasters in the OP. Just tape the lids shut, and off we went.

But now that I am using drawers, the only difficult parts are going to be the small wall mounted drawers, as I will have to wrap each drawer. But the larger ones have plastic food containers inside for the bricks, so just need to put the lids on the food containers and I am good to go. I was definitely thinking about the future move when setting that system up.

Servbot24

Banned
There are methods to packing up assembled sets and minimizing move damage.

As for packing up a sorted collection, when I moved in 2014 almost everything was in plastic food containers or those Stanley Sortmasters in the OP. Just tape the lids shut, and off we went.

But now that I am using drawers, the only difficult parts are going to be the small wall mounted drawers, as I will have to wrap each drawer. But the larger ones have plastic food containers inside for the bricks, so just need to put the lids on the food containers and I am good to go. I was definitely thinking about the future move when setting that system up.

Yeah I'll have to keep that in mind for next time which is a few month from now. Most of the job applications I'm currently sending out are overseas so we'll see how that goes :p

Finished first floor of Parisian Restaurant, delightful so far. :)

How easy is it to change the movie posters out in Palace Cinema set after the set is completed?

Should be able to just pop the window piece out and then snap another one in. I haven't changed mine, so not sure.

I do love how simple changing the poster in Ninjago City is, and how it hides the extra posters in the wall behind it.

$800 is quite steep if you ask me. Wish I could afford it though.

Many of us missed the last UCS Millenium Falcon released in 2007. It went for $500 retail but skyrocketed to several thousand dollars in the aftermarket. This is why many of us a jumping on this Falcon as it is relatively cheap compared to aftermarket prices. Chances are they will do another release in another 10 years or so. Hopefully you will be in a better finacial position by then. Or better yet, it stays in the market for 4-5 years and you cam afford it then. Death Star was available i think for 5+ years and was replaced with a newer one right afterwards.

IHaveIce

Banned
Legogaf I need your help I remember a Lego City/Creator set which was like a city square with multiple single buildings (little ones) one has been a cinema aswell.

I can't seem to find it, do any of you know exactly which I mean and its number?

_Rob_

If they plan an updated version or a similar set for next year's 60ieth anniversary, I would be all over it.

Absolutely! Perhaps if they had that as a Modular, like a slightly bigger version of Assembly Square but with the cinema, town hall and petrol station. Although given two of those buildings are already represented in the Modular line I don't hold out much hope!

Top Bottom