• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Legogaf, I need some suggestions.

My gf budgeted $250 for my bday present and she wants to get me a lego set we can build together. Out of the following options, which one should I get and which one should I avoid? Note: Anything over $250 I will pay the difference, so I can potentially get 2 sets.

Since I am new to this hobby, I am also open to suggestions. In the past 2 months I have spent more money than I care to count on lego sets.

Ninjago Airjitzu Temple
Shield Helicarrier
Death Star
Cinema Palace
Big Ben
London Bridge
Slave 1
Snowspeeder
Lego Batman Movie Batcave and Arkham Asylum
Millennium Falcon

I already have:
Saturn V
Lego Ultimate Batmobile and Batwing
Poe's Xwing
Spider-man Bridge Battle
Capitol Building
Tumblr (I don't quite have it yet, but will probably buy it sooner than later)

Thanks in advanced! I love following this thread. What a great but expensive hobby to have.

My gf budgeted $250 for my bday present and she wants to get me a lego set we can build together. Out of the following options, which one should I get and which one should I avoid? Note: Anything over $250 I will pay the difference, so I can potentially get 2 sets.

Since I am new to this hobby, I am also open to suggestions. In the past 2 months I have spent more money than I care to count on lego sets.

Ninjago Airjitzu Temple
Shield Helicarrier
Death Star
Cinema Palace
Big Ben
London Bridge
Slave 1
Snowspeeder
Millennium Falcon

I already have:
Saturn V
Poe's Xwing
Spider-man Bridge Battle
Capitol Building

Thanks in advanced! I love following this thread. What a great but expensive hobby to have.

63514200.jpg

Ninjago Airjitzu Temple
Shield Helicarrier
Death Star
Cinema Palace
Big Ben
London Bridge
Slave 1
Snowspeeder
Millennium Falcon

I already have:
Saturn V
Poe's Xwing
Spider-man Bridge Battle
Capitol Building

While Temple of Airjitzu is the best of the sets you have listed on your want list, since you are building together with someone, I would recommend Tower Bridge.

You both get to build the exact same thing and stay together through the whole build, and then you reach a point of having to work together when you have to connect the two towers.

Noted!

Just curious, what are peoples opinions on the Millenium Falcon, Death Star and Helicarrier?

I have been eyeing those sets since I started this hobby way back 2 months ago!

Ponn

Banned
Holy Rocket Man Batman!! My Saturn V ordered from Legoshop US is going to be here tomorrow, thats the fastest i've ever gotten something from the online store, thats like a 2 day turnaround.

Noted!

Just curious, what are peoples opinions on the Millenium Falcon, Death Star and Helicarrier?

Helicarrier doesn't get much love here. Probably because it has one of the worst parts-to-price ratios in the history of LEGO. I'm sure it will be retired soon.I got one because I found at 25% off.

Everybody has a Death Star. Even poor Peter Parker.

Noted!

Helicarrier is a really great set, and impressive once finished.

And Best Star? A Star Wars nerdgasm as you build it. There are better technical builds, but the nostalgia rush of all the mini builds is what makes the set.

Falcon is good, but best to wait for UCS now.

The main reason I recommended Tower Bridge is because you are doing it with someone else. It is the perfect set to do with a second person since you both are doing the same thing. That way neither of you miss some cool build part or anything.

Markus

Actually because of some pickups during sales the Maze is now the only one I don't have. I'm not going to hunt down the sub or satellite so I think I'm cleared from any sense of obligation to get it.

If you ever do want the Hyabusa satellite, I have 2; One built, one open box w/sealed bags. I'd be stoked to find the sub at a reasonable cost, but the Adventure Time set dulled me on keeping up on my drive to complete the Ideas line.

If you ever do want the Hyabusa satellite, I have 2; One built, one open box w/sealed bags. I'd be stoked to find the sub at a reasonable cost, but the Adventure Time set dulled me on keeping up on my drive to complete the Ideas line.
Any interest in trade for Hyabusa?

All of us here lamenting that we haven't heard of a new Creator expert vehicle this year and LEGO goes and stealth releases it.

So good. Like a very slightly smaller scale Creator Expert vehicle, but with some great SNOT work in there. Like some weird mishmash of the Mini Cooper and Ferrari. It isn't as good as those sets, but the scale and price makes this an absolutely killer set.

Also, kinda hidden but not well advertised action feature of it.

Very, very highly recommended. Dark horse entry of the year so far for me. I expected a good time with this, but not this good.

All of us here lamenting that we haven't heard of a new Creator expert vehicle this year and LEGO goes and stealth releases it.

So good. Like a very slightly smaller scale Creator Expert vehicle, but with some great SNOT work in there. Like some weird mishmash of the Mini Cooper and Ferrari. It isn't as good as those sets, but the scale and price makes this an absolutely killer set.

Very, very highly recommended. Dark horse entry of the year so far for me. I expected a good time with this, but not this good.

Yeah I was surprised when you said this was what you wanted for cmf compensation, but after a second look, it seems pretty solid

pretty happy bout swinging by Wal-Mart today, grabbed a few $5 constraction sets. ALot of older SW sets on good discount.

If anyone finds a Vader or Grevious, the should run you $7 each. I didn't but on Reddit I saw a few.

I won't spoil it, but when I discovered the secret, I knew I would have to have that set in the future. Don't have it yet, but can't wait to build it when I get it. The F1 car looks really nice too!
The alt builds look great too. But the main model is so good. It is like the bachelors degree version of the bigger, masters degree Expert sets. It may not have as much detail, but it is damn close and at half the pieces and half the price.

Really liking this one... the thing is though, what do i actually DO with it once it's built? I mean, i have SO MANY car sets and i glass cases are all filled up with Creator Expert vehicles already hmmm...

willp2003

Noted!

Can't comment on the others, but wait for the UCS Falcon.

Phon, that creator car looks good. I've had my eye on it since the pics came out.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Holy Rocket Man Batman!! My Saturn V ordered from Legoshop US is going to be here tomorrow, thats the fastest i've ever gotten something from the online store, thats like a 2 day turnaround.

It would have been a bit sad if man had gotten to the moon faster than Lego can ship you a box :)

DBT85

You guys. He's been into Lego a couple of months and you're suggesting holding off on a very nice, regular priced, regular sized falcon for an $800 behemoth.

Do we actually know anything about this oft rumoured set yet? Weird that they wouldn't announce it on the anniversary.

The alt builds look great too. But the main model is so good. It is like the bachelors degree version of the bigger, masters degree Expert sets. It may not have as much detail, but it is damn close and at half the pieces and half the price.

Guessing you're in the US that car isn't half the price of the creator expert cars in the UK.

£55 vs £75 for the Mini or Ferrari.

Yeah, that car isn't far off Star Wars pricing for price-per-part in the UK. Was tempted after reading that post about it this morning but certainly waiting on discounts.

We knew Brexit was gonna increase the price of Lego, but some sets seem way out of sync for some reason. The Creator modular villa has 60 parts more and is ten quid cheaper.

R-User!

Really liking this one... the thing is though, what do i actually DO with it once it's built? I mean, i have SO MANY car sets and i glass cases are all filled up with Creator Expert vehicles already hmmm...

To the Backlog Robin!

Edit: my brain was not here when I typed this, so I'll rescind the above and instead say this:

Return it to The Collective.

Lucked out at an out of the way Target yesterday and was able to find Lobster Batman, Vacation Batman, and Red Hood, the 3 minifigs I wanted from the set. Woo!

Ponn

Banned
Yeah, that car isn't far off Star Wars pricing for price-per-part in the UK. Was tempted after reading that post about it this morning but certainly waiting on discounts.

We knew Brexit was gonna increase the price of Lego, but some sets seem way out of sync for some reason. The Creator modular villa has 60 parts more and is ten quid cheaper.

The final price on the UCS Falcon will be the test.

ghostmind

In a bit of sort-of-news, DeltaCustoms is confirming that Spring 2018 will bring us both Avengers: Infinity War (at least 4 sets), and Jurassic World 2 sets.

I'm more excited about the JW2 sets, but I'm hopeful that the Avengers sets will bring us some good builds to go along with the always popular minifigs.

Ponn

Banned
In a bit of sort-of-news, DeltaCustoms is confirming that Spring 2018 will bring us both Avengers: Infinity War (at least 4 sets), and Jurassic World 2 sets.

I'm more excited about the JW2 sets, but I'm hopeful that the Avengers sets will bring us some good builds to go along with the always popular minifigs.

The burning question is will they give Thanos his floating throne or a copter.

Osahi

I really hope the jw2 sets are more interes than the jw1's. I was looking forward to that line before they were revealed and ended up buying nothing.

Hopefully they do some classic jp sets too. I want those jeeps

Heh, nice, a member of my lug group just built a 16 foot by 16 foot model of that set. The minifigs are like 3 foot tall each (each built out of bricks)

Awesome. Post some pics.

I am constantly amazed at your ability to find deals. My god.

Picking up a complete used tower bridge tomorrow for $100!

holy crap what a find

Yep. It was just laying on the ground against a table. I thought it was missing horses but then I noticed they're brick built.

Top Bottom