• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter by Replay Games [Ended, $673K funded]

Ithil

So this is actually coming out unlike every other Kickstarted game out there?

Most Kickstarted games from this year, are, shockingly, not finished yet. Most of the games started development 6-9 months ago, of course they're going to take a while to make.

Frogacuda

Banned
So this is actually coming out unlike every other Kickstarted game out there?
Honestly, of all the Kickstarters I've backed every single one of them has posted great progress and seems to be on schedule, except SpaceVenture, which hasn't shown much more than a little concept art.

I think the delivery success rate of Kickstarted projects seems about the same as with traditionally funded games, anyway. Yeah, there might be the occasional delay or cancellation, or just a disappointing game, but these are risks backers are well aware of.

Katzii

So when do the backers of this get their copy of the game? I read the news thing and it sounded like Friday (i.e. today), but did I misunderstand, perhaps?

Frogacuda

Banned
So when do the backers of this get their copy of the game? I read the news thing and it sounded like Friday (i.e. today), but did I misunderstand, perhaps?

Yeah, I'm not sure what you misread, but the game doesn't come out until like January or February I believe.

Zhengi

I was just poking around wondering when this game would be released and it looks like they scheduled a release for the Alpha version of the game for Feb 16. I wish I would have gotten in on time for the kickstarter now. I hope those of you who funded up to the alpha version have fun :)

Alpha release scheduled

Those of you who qualified for the Alpha release of the game get the first big news: right now, we think our Alpha version will be ready for download on February 16, yes, a mere dozen days from right now!

You'll receive complete details via a Britton Mathews magic email, but I don't think he'll mind me letting it slip that it's going to be a download from Steam. Now remember: this is an Alpha and (like making laws and sausages) it ain't pretty, but rejoice in the knowledge that you're going to get the very first look at Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded of anyone outside of us inside the Larry Compound.

Sure, the game is buggy; in fact, it's so buggy we not going to accept bug reports from you. Nope, all you get to do is enjoy it! No responsibilities. How Larryish!

Beta testers, be patient. You won't get off so easy; from you, we're going to expect lots of bug reports. But when the beta release will be, we're not sure - but it won't be long from now!

https://www.replaygamesinc.com/news/get-news?newsId=18

Frogacuda

Banned
Yeah, the final version is early April now.

The delay's really not bad considering they had to switch developers. I was hoping to play this in January, but I'll live.

Thanks so much for posting this!! Really appreciate you checking it out!

You might also enjoy (or at least smile at) the song "Tiers of Joy," which features Melora Hardin (from the US version of 'The Office'). This whole thing was way too much fun

Dude, this is pretty much the epitome of awesome. As a long time fan of the series, I'm applauding you.

EDIT: Three tracks in on the Bandcamp site and I just had to buy the album.

AWintory

Neo Member
Just heard this via the KS update. Sounds bloody awesome. Don't want to listen to any of the others as I want them to hear them for the first time when I play the game, but if this indicative of the quality of the rest of the music, I am hype for the soundtrack.

I totally endorse that policy. I'm used to be quite torn about the idea of a soundtrack to begin with, separating the music from its intended context. Lately, for games especially (JOURNEY, flOw, MONACO, LSL) I have heavily reworked the music to make it feel more like a standalone album, so that it's different from its in-game equivalent.

Thanks so much for the kind words!!

Top Bottom