• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Is there a limit on how many times you can send expeditions to Okusa? No matter how many times I back in and out of the freezer, it refuses to bring it up as an opion. It did this to me last night too.

Capra

Is there a limit on how many times you can send expeditions to Okusa? No matter how many times I back in and out of the freezer, it refuses to bring it up as an opion. It did this to me last night too.

Eventually it'll show up as an option. Be sure to look in your Revenge tab as well.

Although it seems to be gone now.

lionpants

If you find your raiding/expedition options are limited, try leaving the California team.

I just joined California because it had the most people when I started. Today I switched my team to Canada and find a crap load more raid/expedition options, most of them target California members. :D

Grinchy

Banned
Three of them are always there. They are hanging on the wall in an alley, where the floor is on fire. You have to knock them down with something, like a snail, that you bring with you. But, like treasure boxes, mini- and bosses you have to go back to your waiting room to reset them.

Ahhhhhh, thanks for that. I just kept jumping over the fire as I ran back and forth trying to find them. When the Jackal came, I gave up on the search lol

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
After a grueling few hours. Got my characters back via payout. Can't even go up to floor 29 anymore. What in the world was that layout? Ծ_Ծ

Volcynika

When I prepped everything in terms of mushrooms / weapons / items to finally defeat Coen, and I did, hopeful to get to the 35F elevator.

..and I completely didn't think about the damn tower rotation.

C1ia9iPXcAIqOtg.jpg:large

I don't really have it in me tonight to have to fight through Jin-Die or the items available. Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I bought a new grade of fighter tho! Woo.

Lucent

Uncle prime blessing me with that Milk black. Aww yass

Damn. I haven't gotten anything good in awhile. Keep getting either one time use decals or blueprints for stuff I already have.

I did get the premium poison eater decal last night, though. Probably only my 4th time doing the stew.

hbkdx12

Damn. I haven't gotten anything good in awhile. Keep getting either one time use decals or blueprints for stuff I already have.

I did get the premium poison eater decal last night, though. Probably only my 4th time doing the stew.

I wish i had your luck with the stew. I must've bought atleast a good 20 of them so far and they've all been pretty sucky with a bunch of dupes. The best ones i've got are super alloy (which im far less happy about now that i know there's an error in translation and that it doesn't exactly do what the description says) marathon runner and 50% increase in stamina.

hyp

I wish i had your luck with the stew. I must've bought atleast a good 20 of them so far and they've all been pretty sucky with a bunch of dupes. The best ones i've got are super alloy (which im far less happy about now that i know there's an error in translation and that it doesn't exactly do what the description says) marathon runner and 50% increase in stamina.

what's the error in translation? i use that on two of my characters.

Lucent

Awesome. I guess since I just recently unlocked the 20+ floors, I'm getting new blueprints from the box. Just got the Pork Chopper blueprint. Now if I could just find rosewood and a D.O.D. ARMS Black Metal...

Can some one help me?

1. Doing Quests: How do I finish them, if they say "Using the elevator or returning to the Waiting Room will cancel this"? After I finish my task, where do I go?

2. What is the punishment of dying and not using a Death Token? Is it just buying your dead character back from the freezer (simply losing money)?

3. Jackals: How long does it take for them to appear? As in, is there a time for how long I can stay on a floor before they appear and kill me?

renzolama

I don't want to read through every page of responses to confirm this, but everyone agrees that the frogs going "gedo gedo" is the most adorable video game frog sound ever, right?

hbkdx12

what's the error in translation? i use that on two of my characters.

It doesn't do 20% extra damage when the enemy is below 70% health like it says. It does 20% extra damage when the enemy is above 70%

Can some one help me?

1. Doing Quests: How do I finish them, if they say "Using the elevator or returning to the Waiting Room will cancel this"? After I finish my task, where do I go?

2. What is the punishment of dying and not using a Death Token? Is it just buying your dead character back from the freezer (simply losing money)?

3. Jackals: How long does it take for them to appear? As in, is there a time for how long I can stay on a floor before they appear and kill me?

1) Go back to the counter girl in the arcade and open the quest menu. If it was completed it will pop and tell you your reward is in the reward box

2) Correct. Or you go use another fighter to find them and defeat them to put them back in your freezer. This is the least desirable option as they'll lose whatever items they had on them.

3) It varies depending on the area. Smaller areas have a smaller countdown window before they appear i believe. Also the consensus seems to be that they won't spawn if you manage to keep atleast one enemy alive, so if possible leave one of the tubers alive if you're trying search and scavenge the entire floor.

Lucent

So I beat Gato on floor 23. He wasn't that bad except I didn't take time to develop the iron to 2 star and I should've brought one more transparagus. Or not whiff on a rage move. I died but could've got by with 1 DM if his hit box wasn't so shitty. I clearly dropkick ed him but it didn't connect. Died again and attempted again. Didn't hit. So had to finish with knife. Fuck him. Does he revive when I go to waiting room? If so, I'll just attempt to go up to floor 25 to unlock my 4 star characters.

1) Go back to the counter girl in the arcade and open the quest menu. If it was completed it will pop and tell you your reward is in the reward box

2) Correct. Or you go use another fighter to find them and defeat them to put them back in your freezer. This is the least desirable option as they'll lose whatever items they had on them.

3) It varies depending on the area. Smaller areas have a smaller countdown window before they appear i believe. Also the consensus seems to be that they won't spawn if you manage to keep atleast one enemy alive, so if possible leave one of the tubers alive if you're trying search and scavenge the entire floor.

For 1), does that mean I can only take the escalators all the way back to the Waiting Room to get to the counter girl? So if my task is from F20 I have to walk and use escalators all the way back to the Waiting Room?

Thank you so very much!

hbkdx12

For 1), does that mean I can only take the escalators all the way back to the Waiting Room to get to the counter girl? So if my task is from F20 I have to walk and use escalators all the way back to the Waiting Room?

Thank you so very much!

For those "kill everyone from x to y without using the escalator/elevator" Once you complete the quest you can use the elevator to go back to the waiting room. A small text window will pop up on the right hand side of the screen showing it's completed (you can also check the rolodex in the pause menu) If the quest wasn't completed then using the elevator will ruin the quest.

2 helpful hints though. For those quests, 1) they're kind of bugged because it is possible for haters to kill enemies without you knowing and it'll ruin the quest for you without you really knowing why 2) the translations are a bit off. When it says "kill everyone from x to y", it's not just "get to y" you have kill everyone on y too.

For those "kill everyone from x to y without using the escalator/elevator" Once you complete the quest you can use the elevator to go back to the waiting room. A small text window will pop up on the right hand side of the screen showing it's completed (you can also check the rolodex in the pause menu) If the quest wasn't completed then using the elevator will ruin the quest.

2 helpful hints though. For those quests, 1) they're kind of bugged because it is possible for haters to kill enemies without you knowing and it'll ruin the quest for you without you really knowing why 2) the translations are a bit off. When it says "kill everyone from x to y", it's not just "get to y" you have kill everyone on y too.

Wow, got it, again thank so very much!

Lucent

Cool I wasted 8 or so death metals getting to the elevator on floor 25 after the goto fight on 23. These floors seem to be getting too long. Floor 25 felt huge. But I also had like no weapons or items after the goto fight and the enemies were higher than my 3 star character since I can now make 4 star characters. Still though.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Getting my shit handed to me on level 2 from my own self. I have a level 17 hater died but need to farm cash to get him back. Might just farm the first level box.

hbkdx12

Cool I wasted 8 or so death metals getting to the elevator on floor 25 after the goto fight on 23. These floors seem to be getting too long. Floor 25 felt huge. But I also had like no weapons or items after the goto fight and the enemies were higher than my 3 star character since I can now make 4 star characters. Still though.
Ouch. You're going to probably end up grinding goto for black metals. Once you bringing the right mushs with you, she's not too bad at all.

But yeah, the floors get way sprawly. Lots of circular areas that lead to 3 different hallways that branch off into another circular area that leads to 3 other hallways.

As someone that likes grinding and crafting, this game is killing me. I never progress because I keep farming lol.
I'm taking my time grinding as well and aside from the RNG from the drops, i don't mind the grind especially as i see my weapons and gear get better.

Lucent

Ouch. You're going to probably end up grinding goto for black metals. Once you bringing the right mushs with you, she's not too bad at all.

But yeah, the floors get way sprawly. Lots of circular areas that lead to 3 different hallways that branch off into another circular area that leads to 3 other hallways.

I'm taking my time grinding as well and aside from the RNG from the drops, i don't mind the grind especially as i see my weapons and gear get better.

Yeah I'm taking the time to level some stuff now. Just wanted my 4 star characters and the 25 elevator. Need to get stuff to do some r and d. Almost maxed my 4 star character with 7 gold snails. I need 3 silks to make my sengoku s upper body armor.

hbkdx12

Yeah I'm taking the time to level some stuff now. Just wanted my 4 star characters and the 25 elevator. Need to get stuff to do some r and d. Almost maxed my 4 star character with 7 gold snails. I need 3 silks to make my sengoku s upper body armor.

Yeah definitely take the time to get your gear and weapons up to 3 stars because floor 26 is going to be fun /s

lol

I'm stuck in that loop now where my highest level fighters are Hatefied, I can't afford to resurrect them, and I cant level up a new fighter because I continually die to rediculously high level decked out Haters.

Good times....

hbkdx12

I'm stuck in that loop now where my highest level fighters are Hatefied, I can't afford to resurrect them, and I cant level up a new fighter because I continually die to rediculously high level decked out Haters.

Good times....

Spend an hr or so doing raids. More often than not, it's free and easy money as a lot of people don't even bother using defenses anymore

Lucent

Funny how I didn't need silk and kept finding it. Now I need it and have only been able to find 1 in an hour. Going to call it a night.

Grinchy

Banned
Funny how I didn't need silk and kept finding it. Now I need it and have only been able to find 1 in an hour. Going to call it a night.

This is how wool has been for me tonight and it's pissing me off. Needing 1 wool and checking 3 floors known to have it multiple times in a row and finding none of it just feels like a giant waste of time.

Lucent

This is how wool has been for me tonight and it's pissing me off. Needing 1 wool and checking 3 floors known to have it multiple times in a row and finding none of it just feels like a giant waste of time.

Tomorrow just gonna have to go in and not think about it. Act like I don't want that dumb silk. Then maybe I'll find a bunch! Lol. I found a lot of cotton though.

It doesn't do 20% extra damage when the enemy is below 70% health like it says. It does 20% extra damage when the enemy is above 70%

Wat. My life is a lie (I also have a premium one). In retrospect I should have figured as much, it was way too good to be true.

They actually say sasori which means scorpion in Japanese.

Yep. And the frogs say "gerogero" which is literally "croak croak". :)

Vexii

Might be a bit early for me to announce that this works, but I just made a grade 1 all-rounder to test whether or not using rest mode in the middle of a floor counts as quitting and dying.

Only tested it for 10 minutes, but when I powered on the PS4 again it resumed exact where I'd left it.

Again, this is majorly unscientific stuff, and I'll be testing it again while I'm at work, so we'll see, but for now this is super handy.

Shit, I should have gotten more golden snails. I only had enough to level one grade 4 character and now I'm kinda dependent on that one.

When I prepped everything in terms of mushrooms / weapons / items to finally defeat Coen, and I did, hopeful to get to the 35F elevator.

..and I completely didn't think about the damn tower rotation.

I hope there's a way to get to the next elevator after fighting Coen without going through Jin-Die right after him...'cause if there is, I'll just wait for that rotation to come by.

Volcynika

I hope there's a way to get to the next elevator after fighting Coen without going through Jin-Die right after him...'cause if there is, I'll just wait for that rotation to come by.

I think that's actually Goto after I showed it to my friend. But someone in this thread beat him and went to the 35F elevator right after.

Syysch

Might be a bit early for me to announce that this works, but I just made a grade 1 all-rounder to test whether or not using rest mode in the middle of a floor counts as quitting and dying.

Only tested it for 10 minutes, but when I powered on the PS4 again it resumed exact where I'd left it.

Again, this is majorly unscientific stuff, and I'll be testing it again while I'm at work, so we'll see, but for now this is super handy.

Saw someone say that leaving it suspended is what eventually makes the geometry not load all over the place, so get ready to fall through walls you cant see to your death at random.

Top Bottom