• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

vato_loco

So I have a bit of a noob question. When facing a horde of 3 or more enemies, I can't find any other way to defeat them than simply running around and letting them hit themselves. Every time I try to hit them, I don't have enough time to roll out of the way for one of the three's attack. I'm at max everything (level 25, I think?) but I'm still not fast enough, there's always one who attacks me and then the others attack as well and I end up losing too much HP.

How do you fight these mobs?

Volcynika

So I have a bit of a noob question. When facing a horde of 3 or more enemies, I can't find any other way to defeat them than simply running around and letting them hit themselves. Every time I try to hit them, I don't have enough time to roll out of the way for one of the three's attack. I'm at max everything (level 25, I think?) but I'm still not fast enough, there's always one who attacks me and then the others attack as well and I end up losing too much HP.

Have some sleep mushrooms or frongus on hand, could probably hit all of them with one, or at least bring it down to just where one is attacking you.

vato_loco

Have some sleep mushrooms or frongus on hand, could probably hit all of them with one, or at least bring it down to just where one is attacking you.
But that wouldn't work when you're stuck on those tiny half-circle rooms where the bar doors close behind you. Good idea for open spaces, though. I haven't gotten used to using the items, I always go fist first.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Some slash weapons have a wide range of attack. After training a while, one can get better at aiming those attacks to hit multiple enemies. The easiest though is to always have panic button shrooms at hand, like invincibilty, slow shroom or similar. I also always carry some weapons with me that I only use for the AOE rage move, like the Iron or the Motor Psycho. If you enter a level carefully, you'll always have at least 1 rage bar before you hit a bigger group of mobs.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
But that wouldn't work when you're stuck on those tiny half-circle rooms where the bar doors close behind you. Good idea for open spaces, though. I haven't gotten used to using the items, I always go fist first.

Prepare before entering such a room. Stand next to the chest, eat a Defense shroom, then go at it full offense.

Volcynika

If you're meaning the trap rooms, yeah it might be a bit dodgy. Not sure if it would work, but if one of them hits another, both of them are stunned and the 3rd is available. Or possibly have a gun on hand to have a little distance in the smaller rooms.

vato_loco

Ok, so shroom myself for defense or shroom them for stun or poison, and work with an AoE weapon, which I'm sure I haven't gotten yet, or at least haven't mastered it to use an AoE attack since I did grab an Iron but all it did was an overheard arc which hit one enemy.

I should also expand my damn Death Bag but I don't even know where to do that (and not spend real money too). The game gives you way too much information right at the beginning.

Toma

Ok, so shroom myself for defense or shroom them for stun or poison, and work with an AoE weapon, which I'm sure I haven't gotten yet, or at least haven't mastered it to use an AoE attack since I did grab an Iron but all it did was an overheard arc which hit one enemy.

I should also expand my damn Death Bag but I don't even know where to do that (and not spend real money too). The game gives you way too much information right at the beginning.

Options -> DH Service -> Expand for 2 DM.

Do you know what rage moves are? Check the circle next to your life points. The number shows you how much Rage moves you stored up and it increases with each hit.

If you have at least 1, keep triangle pressed and then choose the weapon you want to do a rage move with.

You need to unlock the rage moves by mastering the weapons. The iron rage move unlocks at mastery level 6.

vato_loco

Options -> DH Service -> Expand for 2 DM.

Do you know what rage moves are? Check the circle next to your life points. The number shows you how much Rage moves you stored up and it increases with each hit.

If you have at least 1, keep triangle pressed and then choose the weapon you want to do a rage move with.

You need to unlock the rage moves by mastering the weapons. The iron rage move unlocks at mastery level 6.

Aye, I use the fist rage move pretty often. I don't even know how masterful I am with the fist but the iron is my second weapon of choice so I should be right around level 6. Thanks!

At the very least farming that spot is hugely worth it. Spent about an hour there and came back with 18 Scratch metal and around 100k kill coins which combined with what I already had meant I got 3 mushroom stews out of it which was very nice

So you just run from one end to another, take the escalator, and just turn around, go back and do it over again? Or are you heading back to the lobby/waiting room for any reason? Does this not attract Jackals?

Syysch

I should also expand my damn Death Bag but I don't even know where to do that (and not spend real money too).

The only ways to do that are buy a higher tier character, buy a collector class character, or use a 1 or 30 day express pass which will give you an extra 10 slots on each character for its duration.

Just got this game and after a rocky start, I'm enjoying it a LOT. It really is the Hostel/Saw kinda game that I've wanted for some time, but I'm not happy at all when the tone gets silly. Like I hate everything to do with Uncle Death, he's horribly obnoxious and kills my immersion. I do, however, love that he calls through the PS4 controller. That's neat! Also neat? The iron Triangle finisher move awww yessss

But yes, it's like Hostel meets Dark Souls meets ZombiU and that makes me so happy c:

I just beat the first mini boss and started exploring the other track. And I just got a new character who can carry more stuff and I can't wait to get more into it!!!

Your opinion continues to be the worst Cipher :p

delSai

Sending a fighter on an expedition to Osuka, is it possible to collect golden snails? Or do i have to get 'em myself?

Sending a fighter on an expedition to Osuka, is it possible to collect golden snails? Or do i have to get 'em myself?

Yes. I send all of them out. Each SHOULD get you at least one each. I tend to get around 10+ an hour..

They will bring back gold snails some times. I typically send a few out while I climb the tower. Have roughly 20 or so saved up for a level 5 character.

Right. I forget your luck may vary. I've been quite lucky..😁

big_z

They will bring back gold snails some times. I typically send a few out while I climb the tower. Have roughly 20 or so saved up for a level 5 character.

Aselith

So you just run from one end to another, take the escalator, and just turn around, go back and do it over again? Or are you heading back to the lobby/waiting room for any reason? Does this not attract Jackals?

It doesn't seem to. I did it like probably 10 times and I just had to fight a hater each time.

Does anyone have a jpeg of the map? The floor names are hard to keep track of and sometimes I end up going back to where I came from rather than a floor I haven't been before.

Decided to spring for the $5 for 30 death medals pack yesterday. What's the other way to recover your fighter outside of going back to the same floor and killing him?

delSai

Decided to spring for the $5 for 30 death medals pack yesterday. What's the other way to recover your fighter outside of going back to the same floor and killing him?

You can use KillCoins to bring a fighter back when you are using the freezer. Gets really expensive later on though.

And you can use the DMs, obviously.

Does anyone have a jpeg of the map? The floor names are hard to keep track of and sometimes I end up going back to where I came from rather than a floor I haven't been before.

The map changes everyday (maybe more than that), though I think there are only a few permutations. This is what it looks like when Okusa is up.

Golden Snails are love. Golden Snails are life.

Man Poison Eater decal is legit. I fucking lost it to assholes in kuntinama. And then railroaded 4 floors all the way to level 20 boss using my Striker with Jungle E Machete and KAMAS +3.

Striker > Shooter > Collector is the way to play this game.

I need more poison eater. Anyone know where bronze skillshrooms are for farming?

Man Poison Eater decal is legit. I fucking lost it to assholes in kuntinama. And then railroaded 4 floors all the way to level 20 boss using my Striker with Jungle E Machete and KAMAS +3.

I need more poison eater. Anyone know where bronze skillshrooms are for farming?

I tend to find one in Unkonguaka more often than not (in that underneath hallway nook with teh trash fire). Totally agree about Poison Eater. I need it on all my fighters.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i'm going to stare lovingly into uncle death's eyes for like an hour tonight due to what I've read on this page

Vexii

So I'm slowly getting places, and man, I've missed so many blueprints on floors 6 - 10.

Getting a bit annoyed with myself for not advancing faster, but I'm doing okay. I never thought I'd waste so much time on a F2P game that I didn't even have on my radar.

Aselith

Floor 20 seems to have a high chance for bronze AND silver skillshrooms.

tariniel

I love this game, it is so much fun. I've been mostly just farming stuff and leveling masteries because going up floors is a bit stressful and I have to be in the right mindset for it but still enjoying my time (on F23).

I wish they would add some KC to the monthly-sub Express Pass because I would totally buy it if it came with some. even it's just enough for 1-2 stash upgrades. Feels odd to spend money for just the elevator.

lionpants

Death Burner Iron rage move sucks compared to the regular iron. It doesn't stun them for a bit. :(

Not sure what you're trying to imply here. Couldn't you just wipe out your save file to start fresh from the beginning?
Don't think you can. It's all synced to the server based on your PSN ID. Guess you could use a different PSN ID.

Toma

Death Burner Iron rage move sucks compared to the regular iron. It doesn't stun them for a bit. :(

Don't think you can. It's all synced to the server based on your PSN ID. Guess you could use a different PSN ID.

Why would anyone start over though, considering its a "grind endlessly" game anyway.

Does the character lvl matter when I just want to send someone out on an expedition to collect mats/shrooms from high level floors
or can I just send a nude lvl 1 guy and get the same stuff besides more coins/lithium from killing the other player characters of course?

So finally beat Floor 40 and all the Jackals.

Now its time to get every stamp and magazine for 100%.

Does the character matter when I just want to send someone out on an expedition to collect mats/shrooms from high level floors or can I just send a nude lvl 1 guy and get the same stuff besides more coins/lithium from killing the other player characters of course?
Doesnt matter. I did send nude low level guys out all the time and they did come back with like 9k coins and great items on the highest floors often.

What determines your TDM rank? Is it just fighters in your fridge or something else? If I trash all my 1 stars and make then 2 star will my rank raise alot?

Also how do you send all your fighters to Okusa when the list is randomly generated, do you constantly have to exit the fridge select and go back in till you get it?

Does the character lvl matter when I just want to send someone out on an expedition to collect mats/shrooms from high level floors
or can I just send a nude lvl 1 guy and get the same stuff besides more coins/lithium from killing the other player characters of course?

Obviously good gear and weapons helps with beating the person you're sending out against, and you make more coin if you win the confrontation, buy no. You can send them with nothing but your fist and you'll still get something..

Syysch

Character level doesnt matter.

What determines your TDM rank? Is it just fighters in your fridge or something else? If I trash all my 1 stars and make then 2 star will my rank raise alot?

Also how do you send all your fighters to Okusa when the list is randomly generated, do you constantly have to exit the fridge select and go back in till you get it?

Rank stat is based on the total number and tier of fighters you have. The bronze/silver/etc is from your tdm points.

Edit: I'm not sure if rank follows a simple 1-10 formula based on number of characters at a particular tier (seems like it), but you'll jump into "people have tier 2 characters now" territory as soon as you buy one.

And yeah keep backing out of freezer to re-generate the list.

Nice, thanks guys.
I played for around 10 hours already and I'm only at floor 11, maybe I should stop leveling the other classes and focus on the collector..

lionpants

Was super easy tbh, grab a grade 5 weapon, fun shroom it and bring 3 sting + 3 slow shrooms with you. Done deal.
I am getting wrecked by Coen on the platform. Guess I need to go grab some slow shrooms, all out. Best floor?

EDIT: You can't use shrooms for Coen though...

Top Bottom