• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I am getting wrecked by Coen on the platform. Guess I need to go grab some slow shrooms, all out. Best floor?

You cant use your full equip yet for Coen, right? So no Slow shrooms, you need a grade 5 weapon and then just whack him. With some basic evasion, timing (that you should know by now) that should do him in.

lionpants

You cant use your full equip yet for Coen, right? So no Slow shrooms, you need a grade 5 weapon and then just whack him. With some basic evasion, timing (that you should know by now) that should do him in.
Ya, I guess I just need to stop freaking out because of the lack of space.

Syysch

Ya, I guess I just need to stop freaking out because of the lack of space.

There's more than enough room to be safe from his stomping aoe, just dont let him control the absolute center.

Unlock your targeting and have your attacks move to your left, toward/past his right arm, the first hit of his 2 hit combo will whiff over your head and you'll have time to dodge away from the 2nd.

I am getting wrecked by Coen on the platform. Guess I need to go grab some slow shrooms, all out. Best floor?

EDIT: You can't use shrooms for Coen though...

Little tip for everyone who has a shitload of mushrooms.

They stack and still are active if you use them in the waiting room and travel to a floor.

Eat enough mushrooms that you need to last a couple of minutes and you can into the Floor 40 encounter with Stingshroom and Guardshroom already minutes up.

lionpants

They stack and still are active if you use them in the waiting room and travel to a floor.

Eat enough mushrooms that you need to last a couple of minutes and you can into the Floor 40 encounter with Stingshroom and Guardshroom already minutes up.
Holy crap. Had no idea they stacked...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

THEY STACK????????

O.O

I want to like this game, I really do, but it's one of the jankiest things I've played in a long time.

I beat a mid boss. Sweet, go back to the lobby to drop stuff off. Am low on weapons but figure I'll pick plenty up just killing a few scrubs on the next floor. Ride elevator back up and mid boss is back? Why I don't understand I killed him. So he kills me and there is almost no point in respawning because my weapons are gone / busted up.

Who designs something like this?

Thinking about uninstalling it

THEY STACK????????

O.O

Yup. I've been doing that for a while.

I want to like this game, I really do, but it's one of the jankiest things I've played in a long time.

I beat a mid boss. Sweet, go back to the lobby to drop stuff off. Am low on weapons but figure I'll pick plenty up just killing a few scrubs on the next floor. Ride elevator back up and mid boss is back? Why I don't understand I killed him. So he kills me and there is almost no point in respawning because my weapons are gone / busted up.

They need to respawn since they drop farmable materials necessary to upgrade weapons and armor. They only respawn if you go back to the waiting room.

Syysch

They need to respawn since they drop farmable materials necessary to upgrade weapons and armor. They only respawn if you go back to the waiting room.

Yeah, the progress checkpoint isnt killing a boss, it's unlocking the next elevator after the boss.

Ah. Oh well I went ahead and uninstalled it. I have a ton of issues with it, but I certainly see why people enjoy it. There is some good content and ideas there but it all just feels kinda off to me still.

Maybe with a few more months of updates I'll jump back in.

So I have the starter kit death metals and I if I had to use them, I'd like to use them to get some MILK black metal. Currently on 23F. Chest or GOTO?

Syysch

So I have the starter kit death metals and I if I had to use them, I'd like to use them to get some MILK black metal. Currently on 23F. Chest or GOTO?

Milk metal can only be found in chests unless it's red. I'd been farming the hell out of chests for that the past couple days. Enjoy.

EDIT: You can't use shrooms for Coen though...

Might be too late for a reply but try to kill haters on the platform. That way you can pick up gear to use against coen. If you knock them out you can hopefully quickly run and grab it before the next phase starts if they aren't too far away. This coen actually has weak defense so the weapons do tons on him.

I beat Coen but I figured it was like Dark Souls so once you beat the boss he is gone for good and you can go back to waiting room but when I go back up the elevator he appears again?! I can't beat him now cause all my weapons are broke and no death metal to resurrect. I almost got him by fisting him but nope. Is my game finished on that character now as in gotta start over from beginning unless I salvage that toon using coins? (Which I don't have)

I beat Coen but I figured it was like Dark Souls so once you beat the boss he is gone for good and you can go back to waiting room but when I go back up the elevator he appears again?! I can't beat him now cause all my weapons are broke and no death metal to resurrect. Is my game finished on that character now as in gotta start over from beginning unless I salvage using coins?

You have to salvage the character with coins. Not all your progress is lost since weapon mastery carries over to all characters. Bosses are reset when you go back to the waiting room.

lionpants

Tried again. Got to the actual boss. Only brought Death Burner Irons with me. The Irons did basically ZERO damage to the boss. I guess he's highly resistent or something. Died in the process.

I guess bring the Cleaver?

If it makes you feel any better, Undertale is one of my favorite games of all time. I just don't like Toriel! (also jeez how much digging through my old posts did you go to find that one)

About a minute, thanks to Google. Names elude but I never forget an obnoxious avatar with a lousy opinion. No offense intended. :D

Holy crap. Had no idea they stacked...

THEY STACK????????

For clarity, they stack in duration, not effect. So if you eat two in a row that last 30 seconds, the effect would last 60 seconds (minus whatever how long it took to eat them).

Toma

About a minute, thanks to Google. Names elude but I never forget an obnoxious avatar with a lousy opinion. No offense intended. :D

For clarity, they stack in duration, not effect. So if you eat two in a row that last 30 seconds, the effect would last 60 seconds (minus whatever how long it took to eat them).

Yeah, but thats still crazy. Helps a lot instead of trying to eat them all during the boss fight.

Got MILK black metal first try. Cleaver Saber here I come. Didn't even have to use a death metal lol

Edit: What the fuck 30 mins crafting time. But I want it now.

Yeah, but thats still crazy. Helps a lot instead of trying to eat them all during the boss fight.

I thought that was common knowledge, but this game has so many stuff that keeps slipping through the cracks like cooking critters with the fireworks gun, waking up from sleeping fungus by dropping down a step, killing pillbugs, Okusa's snails (this one not so much thanks to the "guys Okusa is up" posts), the poison eater decal + snails...

I thought that was common knowledge, but this game has so many stuff that keeps slipping through the cracks like cooking critters with the fireworks gun, waking up from sleeping fungus by dropping down a step, killing pillbugs, Okusa's snails (this one not so much thanks to the "guys Okusa is up" posts), the poison eater decal + snails...

Actually, how do you kill pill bugs?

Syysch

I think the "stomp" with the knife equipped gets the kill too, since it's a stab instead. I dont remember if that's the only weapon that changes the stomp attack.

lionpants

I think the "stomp" with the knife equipped gets the kill too, since it's a stab instead. I dont remember if that's the only weapon that changes the stomp attack.
That works too, just tried it. Good - I'm tired of carrying a gun around.

Still need to stomp first without the knife equipped though.

HowZatOZ

Banned
This game. Holy damn. So much more intense than Dark Souls, and a helluva lot of fun too. A+ and I can see myself playing this for quite some time.

You don't really need to shoot them or use the knife or anything. Just stomp, and if they're stunned, target them, take a step back, and use unarmed R1. Kills them 100% of the time once you know the distance. You have to distance yourself so that you step a bit further than they are with the R1's step.

Lifeshrooms are really good in that not only can they save you from death, they are one of the few items that heal a percentage of your life instead of a fixed amount, so they're great once you health pools start really climbing.

Other good items for healing with a high health amount are cooked yogashroom (heal for a little under 1000 over 40 seconds and refills the rage meter, great for healing after an encounter gone wrong and I always carry one) and gambleshrooms (50% chance to both heal and fill the rage meter to full, 50% chance to turn into a vulnerable frog, again best used outside combat situations for obvious reasons).

hyp

You don't really need to shoot them or use the knife or anything. Just stomp, and if they're stunned, target them, take a step back, and use unarmed R1. Kills them 100% of the time once you know the distance. You have to distance yourself so that you step a bit further than they are with the R1's step.

Lifeshrooms are really good in that not only can they save you from death, they are one of the few items that heal a percentage of your life instead of a fixed amount, so they're great once you health pools start really climbing.

Other good items for healing with a high health amount are cooked yogashroom (heal for a little under 1000 over 40 seconds and refills the rage meter, great for healing after an encounter gone wrong and I always carry one) and gambleshrooms (50% chance to both heal and fill the rage meter to full, 50% chance to turn into a vulnerable frog, again best used outside combat situations for obvious reasons).

yup, gambleshrooms saved my ass a few times. totally worth the risk as long as no baddies are around. also great when your rage meter is low.

tariniel

Man farming Candle Milk blue sucks, I'm officially 0/30 on the 3f trap room. The worst part is that every couple of runs, a jackal will spawn immediately after you open the grate on the trap room which forces me to use a transparungus to escape, I mean maybe I can escape without one but the risk is too high. The only upside is a ton of Scratch/Hovering metal from floor 5.

Costly and not worth it. I'm giving up on it for now I think... So what helmet should I upgrade instead of Priests Cowl? I haven't found the recipe for Sengoku yet.

Syysch

Costly and not worth it. I'm giving up on it for now I think... So what helmet should I upgrade instead of Priests Cowl? I haven't found the recipe for Sengoku yet.

Isn't the priest helm the one that just gives +stamina? Literally anything is better than that one.

Toma

Man farming Candle Milk blue sucks, I'm officially 0/30 on the 3f trap room. The worst part is that every couple of runs, a jackal will spawn immediately after you open the grate on the trap room which forces me to use a transparungus to escape, I mean maybe I can escape without one but the risk is too high. The only upside is a ton of Scratch/Hovering metal from floor 5.

DIY equip got me through to the 30s.

Toma

This game. Holy damn. So much more intense than Dark Souls, and a helluva lot of fun too. A+ and I can see myself playing this for quite some time.

Welcome, fellow believer in the power of the mushroom.

Grinchy

Banned
Wow, my Okusa expeditions got me 10 golden snails. Not a single one was in the area when I went there, but 10 freebies from leaving long expeditions before I went to bed. That's definitely what I'll be doing the next time it opens.

Syysch

I just thought it looked cool and wanted to complete the rest of the set, but this metal sucks to farm

Gotcha. Do you have the beret? I think it gives str+vit? I forget which floor i found that on, but i used that until i got the hockey mask (which gives slightly more in one of those stats).

My chest/leg armor went DIY > priest/bishop > power stomper.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
What the actual fuck, I just lost my grade 3 character, AND the grade 4 character to floor 29, which just consists of trap rooms. 116K EACH to get them back. -_- What the hell is up with this difficulty spike man. Even grade 4 characters do jack shit in terms of damage with existing weapons and mastery.

It is known..😁. Guessing that's why I've beaten almost every boss on the first try while others haven't. Always confused me how hard folks made them seem.

Which floor are you guys sending fighters to for the slow shrooms? Running low.

21-23 for me.

Joey Ravn

Banned

Thinking about uninstalling it

It's the same deal as any loot-driven and/or rogue-like game out there: you'll be doing the same stuff time after time in order to grind and become better in the long run.

Toma

Alright, finally have my grade 5 fighters with grade 4 equipment set up for defense. Lets see if that helps a bit for successful base defense.

audio_delay

Neo Member
Wow, my Okusa expeditions got me 10 golden snails. Not a single one was in the area when I went there, but 10 freebies from leaving long expeditions before I went to bed. That's definitely what I'll be doing the next time it opens.

Three of them are always there. They are hanging on the wall in an alley, where the floor is on fire. You have to knock them down with something, like a snail, that you bring with you. But, like treasure boxes, mini- and bosses you have to go back to your waiting room to reset them.

Top Bottom