• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

same happened to me. had to Tryptamine-D that shit. frustrating as hell. you have to defeat both Coen and Jin-Die on 26F for those to open up.

It's frustrating, but it's also part of the fun. If the game was just one long tunnel, it would be so boring.

I like the Dark Souls feel of exploring and not knowing when or how you'll get back to safety. I had a fifteen-room trek in the upper 30s trying to get to 38F Jin Die. The guys up there hit super hard, and the Haters are ridiculous. Started the run with a full pack, 2 sets of gear, 8 weapons, rest shrooms. Barely made it back naked with a couple weapons that I'd picked up. I was so nervous, I had to turn off the volume and put on talk radio to calm down during the last few rooms, because I had no Trip D and didn't want to lose my fighter forever because my bank can't hold enough KC to retrieve a fighter from the 37th floor.

Well I took some suggestions and brought invisibility mushrooms and wrecked him with the axe rage move. Took him down in like 5 minutes.

Took a bunch..asshole would warp basically mid hit every. single. time. Hasn't played that way since, but that first time was the worst!

Lucent

Took a bunch..asshole would warp basically mid hit every. single. time. Hasn't played that way since, but that first time was the worst!

Lol. Well I used one and hit him so hard he teleported to an upper level. I saw him around the corner, popped another, and ran up the stairs to take him out. Was surprised how easy he is with mushrooms.

Lol. Well I used one and hit him so hard he teleported to an upper level. I saw him around the corner, popped another, and ran up the stairs to take him out. Was surprised how easy he is with mushrooms.

For sure! I think the boss in 16F did the same nonsense the first time around, but stayed level/close every other time I got her.

Lucent

For sure! I think the boss in 16F did the same nonsense the first time around, but stayed level/close every other time I got her.

I didn't know about the invisible ones at that time and I just hid behind the little hut/house until she teleported on top of it and hit her. I might've had to use a death metal or two when she went below though. First time I entered her area though she used that puke beam and destroyed me before I could even look at the area. Lol

I didn't know about the invisible ones at that time and I just hid behind the little hut/house until she teleported on top of it and hit her. I might've had to use a death metal or two when she went below though. First time I entered her area though she used that puke beam and destroyed me before I could even look at the area. Lol

Audibly yelled "WHAT THE FUCKIS THIS?!" as she knocked me down into the water below lol..pain in the ass, that one..

hyp

It's frustrating, but it's also part of the fun. If the game was just one long tunnel, it would be so boring.

i agree with you, the level of suspense in this game is amazing at times. especially when you're climbing fully prepared and start taking risks to go off the beaten path or climb higher. definitely a good way to get my heart rate going. :) i was just pissed because i worked my ass off at that point to get on an elevator that ended up being locked. good times though, learned a lot about the layouts of those rooms.

Lucent

i agree with you, the level of suspense in this game is amazing at times. especially when you're climbing fully prepared and start taking risks to go off the beaten path or climb higher. definitely a good way to get my heart rate going. :) i was just pissed because i worked my ass off at that point to get on an elevator that ended up being locked. good times though, learned a lot about the layouts of those rooms.

Yeah. Sonetimes I start shaking a bit. Seems like the enemies are on a whole other level after 26. I need 3 star armor and weapons.

Finally got to fl 23 today and man I'm dying alot again lol. Question, I have 1 War ensemble black metal, what would you guys recommend me craft? 3* Nail gun, Sniper or kamas?

hyp

Finally got to fl 23 today and man I'm dying alot again lol. Question, I have 1 War ensemble black metal, what would you guys recommend me craft? 3* Nail gun, Sniper or kamas?

i highly recommend the nail gun+ personally. it slows down enemies as they're running up to you and brings their armor levels down. then when they're close just end them with a sword or a heavier weapon. definitely give up the machete if you've been using it up to this point.

sniper would be my second option if it's the 3*. but not the most convenient choice when a large group of screamers are congregated. plus it's damn expensive to craft in the lower 20s.

Yeah. The leap in difficulty from 24-26 has me farming until I get ALL my armor/weapons to +4..shit is rough up there!

Guys, I'm telling you . . . Red Hot Iron +. Get it to +4, always bring at least 4, and you will breeze through the 20s (well, relatively).

Why the Iron is OP in the 20s:

1. Enemies are weak to blunt

2. It breaks their armor (great for haters)

3. It's very fast and doesn't have a long recovery time

4. The rage move is amazing -- it immobilizes all the targets in a relatively large area, and it only costs 1!

5. The R1 is a parry with a huge window, and the block is like carrying a Tower Shield.

6. You know those annoying tubers who spin like wheel skeletons from Dark Souls and block your attacks? The rage move goes right through them.

Seriously, if you're struggling in the 20s, farm that iron up to +4. And it's great for the bosses, too. It does wear down fast, though, so bring a bunch, and slap on an Extra Long Tail decal if you have one.

Once you get to the 30s, even the Death Burner Iron isn't amazing anymore, so you need to cheese with Shrooms or upgrade a katana or Pork Chopper. But for the 20s, the Iron is a dream.

I've tried that before and it really just wasn't cutting it. Honestly had more luck taking 4 4+ machete with me on my travels, but that hasn't really been the greatest for obvious reasons. Spent so long updating certain weapons that I neglected to do the same with armor. Trying to fix that now.

Do agree..the nail gun shreds their armor pretty quickly. Been carrying a couple with me along the way. Just now got the motor cycle, which deals more damage than anything I've upgraded to 4+. Gonna give it a go in the morning. Thanks for the pointers tho!

I'm still getting all but silk. This is extremely annoying.

12F drops a lot of silk, leather, and wool for me..try that out a couple times.

dcelw540

So I've played a bit and curious is this game getting support as in new content eventually. Along with is there an endgame or conclusion for the game or does it go on forever?

Trying to get 100% and all what left is like 5 stamps.

Damn so many stamps are on rotating floors. Gonna take most likely 2-3 days until every floor with the missing stamps are popping up.

So I've played a bit and curious is this game getting support as in new content eventually. Along with is there an endgame or conclusion for the game or does it go on forever?
There is a end with Floor 40 at the moment but they said they gonna add floors in the future.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
It's weird the more I progress through the game the more the girl in the arcade talks about how sad she is. Is that normal?

EDIT:I just got this these called pork choppers and holy shit the stats on these things. ._.

It's weird the more I progress through the game the more the girl in the arcade talks about how sad she is. Is that normal?

Ha I was just noticing how many more sound bytes she has now that I'm almost at the top.

Also curious about all the new dialog from the elevator woman with the monthly pass. Hard for me to tell if the lore is all kind of a mess of jokes and playful jabs at games like Dark Souls or if there's any kind of deeper meaning hidden in all of it.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Man floor 22 has a shitload of chests and an easy trap room fight due to the pork choppers, (kills in two hits) How did I not know about this? ._.

hbkdx12

This fire wand seems like hot trash particularly because of the low ammo count. Maybe that's why they're so eager to give it to you so early in the game just to mess with your expectations of thinking you're not even close to building this thing but when you do, it's going to be amazing!! yeah right lol. I've got it to +3 and in the 20s it still takes 2 or 3 hits for things to die. Granted i only have it at like 14 mastery but im still unimpressed. My jaw hit the ground when i could even one shot tubers with it

Has anyone spec'd into it enough and feel like it warrants doing so?

Innolis

Do you have to defeat both Coen and Jin-Die on floor 26 to get floor 27 to open? If so, do you need to defeat them both before returning to the waiting room?

lionpants

So I tried Floor 40 boss again. I used 17 Invincible shrooms at the beginning and 4 slow shrooms in final phase.

I simply could not hit the tail reliably.

I don't see how this fight would be possible without slow shrooms. It's insane. The targeting is sketchy as hell and the boss moved around so fast.

Eventually my shrooms ran out and I died. Again.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Maybe my +2 Meat Cleaver doesn't cut it DPS wise? I mean, half the time, the boss is just flinging me around and rooting me to the floor.

Innolis

you do have to defeat them both. it doesn't need to be done in one go though.

Will I find like a switch after defeating coen or jin die that will open a part of the floor or do I have to go to the side-27floor (so to speak) and then go back down to open it?

hyp

Will I find like a switch after defeating coen or jin die that will open a part of the floor or do I have to go to the side-27floor (so to speak) and then go back down to open it?

once you defeat both of them on 26F you will be able to turn the two wheels that open the gates to the 27F elevator.

i highly recommend the nail gun+ personally. it slows down enemies as they're running up to you and brings their armor levels down. then when they're close just end them with a sword or a heavier weapon. definitely give up the machete if you've been using it up to this point.

sniper would be my second option if it's the 3*. but not the most convenient choice when a large group of screamers are congregated. plus it's damn expensive to craft in the lower 20s.

Guys, I'm telling you . . . Red Hot Iron +. Get it to +4, always bring at least 4, and you will breeze through the 20s (well, relatively).

Why the Iron is OP in the 20s:

1. Enemies are weak to blunt

2. It breaks their armor (great for haters)

3. It's very fast and doesn't have a long recovery time

4. The rage move is amazing -- it immobilizes all the targets in a relatively large area, and it only costs 1!

5. The R1 is a parry with a huge window, and the block is like carrying a Tower Shield.

6. You know those annoying tubers who spin like wheel skeletons from Dark Souls and block your attacks? The rage move goes right through them.

Seriously, if you're struggling in the 20s, farm that iron up to +4. And it's great for the bosses, too. It does wear down fast, though, so bring a bunch, and slap on an Extra Long Tail decal if you have one.

Once you get to the 30s, even the Death Burner Iron isn't amazing anymore, so you need to cheese with Shrooms or upgrade a katana or Pork Chopper. But for the 20s, the Iron is a dream.
Thanks to both of you, I'll get the nail gun and go nails, hot iron, didn't realize it was blunt dmg

Funny thing, I've had hot iron + at +4 for days now and always had one in my left hand solely to block. It's become so much of a staple I forgot I could attack with it lol

big_z

ya more dialog opens up as the game progresses. the one where she says poopies is my favorite.

haven't seen anyone mention it but if you talk to the tips guy after he gives you a tip he also has unique dialogs. its like getting dating advice from neogaf lol

How do I stop people from invading my shit every time I leave? :x

Spend all your coins/lithium so it won't be worth to raid you.

Got killed by a Jackal for the first time while I was getting distracted by the fish on floor 16...
25k to rescue :|
Whats the fastest way to get more lithium? Raiding right?
I barely get over 3k during a playsession and try to keep it low with R&D before I leave the game but I need 16k for the next freezer upgrade.

Apparently leaving your PS4 in suspend mode works as well, as long as you do so in the waiting room. Not tested it myself.

Nah..not true. I never quit my game and I've been raided while suspended in the waiting room. Server syncs, screen goes black, and comes back with flaming walls and sirens. Best way to keep folks away is to keep as little money in your bank as possible before you quit for the day..buy yourself something nice 😉

If I'm correct, leave under 10,000 and you'll likely be fine..

Volcynika

Can anyone check the current map rotation and see if it's easier to get from Coen at 34F to the 35F elevator? Saw that it changed, but the location I haven't explored after 34F doesn't look like the elevator floor.

Capra

I finally climbed to F28 and got a black MILK from the golden chest. Cleaver saber is mine and, hopefully, some better luck raiding/defending.

Now I just need to get lucky again for the Motor Psycho...

Top Bottom