• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Made it to 37, I can taste the top of the tower. If anyone's struggling on Coen 34 like I was, I really recommend waiting until the layout is available that allows you to bypass him and skip to 35 to unlock T5. I was nervous about the hassle of T5 haters, but honestly brain shrooms make it a moot point.

Lucent

Made it to 37, I can taste the top of the tower. If anyone's struggling on Coen 34 like I was, I really recommend waiting until the layout is available that allows you to bypass him and skip to 35 to unlock T5. I was nervous about the hassle of T5 haters, but honestly brain shrooms make it a moot point.

Those things are amazing. At first I was like 5 seconds...what's the point? But I used one out of desperation and it instantly put the attacker in a state where I can do a goretastic. I was like wow. Lol. I need to collect more of those. And I'm probably gonna skip him, too. I wanna get my max fighters and do everything I can to prepare for the top.

lionpants

Really having trouble with Floor 40 boss, haha.

Coen just seems to have so many tracking frames on the over head swing and it nails me every time. Then I get knocked off the platform and punished. If I happen to get the Death Burner Iron I had equipped from one of the haters, he dies in 2-3 hits. But If I get the Pork Chopper, it's a much harder time.

I died with my best fighter last night to the boss, then tried to retrieve her with my second best fighter and thought I would be fine with partial armor on. Nope, got destroyed by 2 pitching screamers.

So, this morning I have finally managed to retrieve both dead fighters and am ready to try the boss again once I get shroomed up some more.

I'm just afraid of the Coen part of the fight and the actual boss seems like a pain in the ass without slowmungus.

EDIT: Oh, and my express pass ran out last night right after I lost both my fighters and I had no more freebies. Playing this game without express pass is brutal at higher levels. Almost 5k to get to floor 40 and raiding costs 2k. I broke down and bought the month because I like this game so much. But I can't see myself paying an MMO price to keep playing this game after that. We'll see I guess.

The old rusty elevator seems to load faster though because you don't need to listen to the elevator lady talk.

Really having trouble with Floor 40 boss, haha.

Coen just seems to have so many tracking frames on the over head swing and it nails me every time. Then I get knocked off the platform and punished. If I happen to get the Death Burner Iron I had equipped from one of the haters, he dies in 2-3 hits. But If I get the Pork Chopper, it's a much harder time.

I died with my best fighter last night to the boss, then tried to retrieve her with my second best fighter and thought I would be fine with partial armor on. Nope, got destroyed by 2 pitching screamers.

So, this morning I have finally managed to retrieve both dead fighters and am ready to try the boss again once I get shroomed up some more.

I'm just afraid of the Coen part of the fight and the actual boss seems like a pain in the ass without slowmungus.

EDIT: Oh, and my express pass ran out last night right after I lost both my fighters and I had no more freebies. Playing this game without express pass is brutal at higher levels. Almost 5k to get to floor 40 and raiding costs 2k. I broke down and bought the month because I like this game so much. But I can't see myself paying an MMO price to keep playing this game after that. We'll see I guess.

The old rusty elevator seems to load faster though because you don't need to listen to the elevator lady talk.

A. If you start the fight with one weapon in each hand, they both drop from the hater you fight

B. If you stay crouched for Coen the entire time, he's super easy

C. If come in with 10+ guardshrooms and pop them all before the encounter, it's even easier. Just make sure to skip cutscenes as they count for timer

D. If you want super easy mode use raging bull + bull + premium raging bull if you have it. Get your HP under 15% somewhere else and then go up to 40. Pop your guardshrooms and you're hitting for 150% extra before Sting and Crush. For the Taro I used Sting + Crush then went invisible. He died in under a minute. And invis shrooms seem much easier to get from expeditions to the 20s than Slowmungus from 30s. Two sets of 6 fighters to Okusa and i had 4 Transparungus.

Voila, game deleted. I'm done.

GAME OVER.

I tried that. It doesn't work. You'll be back :p

Spend an hr or so doing raids. More often than not, it's free and easy money as a lot of people don't even bother using defenses anymore
Thing is, I tried that as well. For whatever reason, every single fucking person I raided had full on defenses. The only sure-fire way to know its an empty base is to only raid those with a 0 TDM score. The problem with that is its barely worth the effort to raid those people since they have so little resources most of the time....

I cheesed Coen 34F and Goto 36F with the Death Burner, they melted like butter!
I was invincible for 26 minutes so I ran to the two bosses, smoked them, and got to 37F and activated the elevator.
I had still half of the invincibility left.

And I'm glad to see that even though I have unlocked G5 fighters for sale, I still see G4 haters because I haven't actually bought one yet.
I can still farm normally for now \o/

I cheesed Coen 34F and Goto 36F with the Death Burner, they melted like butter!
I was invincible for 26 minutes so I ran to the two bosses, smoked them, and got to 37F and activated the elevator.
I had still half of the invincibility left.

And I'm glad to see that even though I have unlocked G5 fighters for sale, I still see G4 haters because I haven't actually bought one yet.
I can still farm normally for now o/

26 minutes of invincibility? One cooked guardshroom gives you 40 seconds, so unless you were a tier 5 collector running naked with no weapons and only guardshrooms in your inventory, something is off there bro . . .

audio_delay

Neo Member
26 minutes of invincibility? One cooked guardshroom gives you 40 seconds, so unless you were a tier 5 collector running naked with no weapons and only guardshrooms in your inventory, something is off there bro . . .

Correct me if i am wrong, i think shrooms, with timers, stack

Syysch

Ok. 22F. Fukuki. What's in the box behind those bars? Important? How do I unlock it?

The 3 rooms above it connected via that elevator have trap rooms (multiple per floor i believe), get through all the trap rooms on a floor and you'll get a notification for one of the 3 switches being unlocked, do all 3 in one run and you can get into the room.

It's just several chests and i think a skillshroom (or a random mushroom, I'm not gonna be the one to do it several times), the chests arent anything special as far as their loot table goes.

The 3 rooms above it connected via that elevator have trap rooms (multiple per floor i believe), get through all the trap rooms on a floor and you'll get a notification for one of the 3 switches being unlocked, do all 3 in one run and you can get into the room.

It's just several chests and i think a skillshroom (or a random mushroom, I'm not gonna be the one to do it several times), the chests arent anything special as far as their loot table goes.

Hmm..so not quite worth it you think? Guess I'll pass. Thanks for the info.

If he eats them straight from the bank the only limit is hisbank size. That said, it's still a shitload of guardshrooms. :D

You just need to eat a lot of them in the waiting room, the timer doesn't stop when changing characters, taking the elevator, etc

I ate 40 of them in a row with a Grade 4 collector before changing to my Striker.

JJD

I need some help, I can't get past floor 13.

I have already beaten the boss on 11F Make Tsutsumi.

All the paths leading up are locked from the other side.

Anyone knows where should I go?

I think I found the way.

I need some help, I can't get past floor 13.

I have already beaten the boss on 11F Make Tsutsumi.

All the paths leading up are locked from the other side.

Anyone knows where should I go?

I think I found the way.

Everyone seems to get stuck there (including myself). I think they should retune that part.

Vexii

Thing is, I tried that as well. For whatever reason, every single fucking person I raided had full on defenses. The only sure-fire way to know its an empty base is to only raid those with a 0 TDM score. The problem with that is its barely worth the effort to raid those people since they have so little resources most of the time....

I keep my base empty because the rewards I get for doing 1hr expeditions with 9 characters faaaar outweighs the meagre amount I get stolen from me on a daily basis.

Lucent

I keep my base empty because the rewards I get for doing 1hr expeditions with 9 characters faaaar outweighs the meagre amount I get stolen from me on a daily basis.

Yep. Seems like the best thing. I rarely seem to get raided anymore. Only reason I got raided 10 times when I logged on today is because California is at war.

renzolama

Might be a bit early for me to announce that this works, but I just made a grade 1 all-rounder to test whether or not using rest mode in the middle of a floor counts as quitting and dying.

Only tested it for 10 minutes, but when I powered on the PS4 again it resumed exact where I'd left it.

Again, this is majorly unscientific stuff, and I'll be testing it again while I'm at work, so we'll see, but for now this is super handy.

I've left it in rest mode overnight multiple times, and on one such occasion I disconnected the PS4 from the internet temporarily. Everything has always been exactly as I left it. My personal unscientific opinion is that rest mode does not count as quitting; only manually quitting out of the game to play another or losing power on the PS4. During rest mode the game state remains in memory, whereas quitting or losing power would wipe the game state; I suspect that's the trigger for death. Bear in mind that I don't care if my characters die as I haven't really put any serious time into the game, and I haven't been above floor 5 or so...YMMV

Anyone else having issues with some of these missions? Like pick up 10 fish/brainshroom just isn't working. I pick them up and nothing happens. Meanwhile, pick up the slow shroom(?) and the counter registers it no problems. Anyone know what the problem might be?

Lucent

Wish I could get silk. Floor 3 is supposed to have it but I just get wool wool cotton wool cotton leather hemp wool hemp cotton leather. So dumb. I need silk!

D i Z

Anyone else having issues with some of these missions? Like pick up 10 fish/brainshroom just isn't working. I pick them up and nothing happens. Meanwhile, pick up the slow shroom(?) and the counter registers it no problems. Anyone know what the problem might be?

The fish one has been busted for me for over a week, near two. I hadn't attempted it before then so don't really know how long it's been that way.

The fish one has been busted for me for over a week, near two. I hadn't attempted it before then so don't really know how long it's been that way.

Thanks, brother. Man..been so pissed trying over and over all over the damn tower. Cancel the challenge. Start it up again. Nothing. Do they know that there's an issue?

Grinchy

Banned
Wish I could get silk. Floor 3 is supposed to have it but I just get wool wool cotton wool cotton leather hemp wool hemp cotton leather. So dumb. I need silk!

I think the game knows what you need and doesn't give it to you on purpose. I spent hours checking multiple floors for wool between last night and today. I got ONE. The same floor 3 where you are trying to get silk from gave me silk like 10 times, because the game knows I don't need it.

I think the game knows what you need and doesn't give it to you on purpose.

Dude..yes! Just this week I was telling someone here how I had an assload of copper mountain(?) that I didn't need and NOW the shit is nowhere to be found. Last 8 runs = 1 piece. Crude is all over the place, which I wouldn't mind if I didn't already have 36 of those fucking things..😠

Man what the fuck at the two valves to proceed on 27F. I fought my way through so much shit with barely any equipment and the game is just like "no".

Capra

So the Poison Eater decal is pretty cool - if you just carry around a snail and are strategic with when you use it you can have a portable health regen buff with you at all times.

Innolis

Any somewhat consistent stop for bronze skillshrooms? I can't get the poison eater premium decal to drop so I need to stock up XD

Capra

I've just been collecting them from expeditions to levels 21+. At some point I even got silver mushrooms.

Also here's a cute detail - if you drop a fish and let it flop on dry ground it will eventually die on its own. I left a bunch in my waiting room after combing through expedition stuff and looked back to find a room full of fishy fungus.

Any somewhat consistent stop for bronze skillshrooms? I can't get the poison eater premium decal to drop so I need to stock up XD

Just send people out to expeditions on 10-20 for bronze. Also main boss rooms (every 10 floors) seem to have higher chance of the respective shroom dropping, except silver because it is a small floor. I found a decent amount of bronze when I was killing jackson in the side room and in his arena.

Lucent

So the Poison Eater decal is pretty cool - if you just carry around a snail and are strategic with when you use it you can have a portable health regen buff with you at all times.

Yeah someone mentioned this. I managed to get the premium and I brought a snail to the level 25 goto fight and it worked for a bit but on my way to the snail to get poisoned again I found he was killed by goto. That asshole.

Syysch

Expeditions to the side rooms (or going there yourself) have much higher chances for skillshrooms than trying to find them on the main path or elevator floors. Bronze = 10-20, Silver = 20-30, Gold = 30-40.

Yeah someone mentioned this. I managed to get the premium and I brought a snail to the level 25 goto fight and it worked for a bit but on my way to the snail to get poisoned again I found he was killed by goto. That asshole.

Ha! That's how I beat the 20F boss! Amor and weapons all broke. Had 0 mushrooms left for anything because the fuck kept teleporting to places he couldn't even be seen! As I ran for my life, I found this snail in a corner all by its lonesome..was pretty much dead. Then, baam! Poison started giving me life lol. Fight took a total of about 25-30 minutes to finish..

Capra

I have been farming this chest in F22 for hours for that black MILK with no results...

Anybody have any better suggestions?

Finally 2 MILK Blacks!

Now I'm rocking Sengoku helm, Killer Wrestler body, and Splatter boots. My chick looks so good.

I have been farming this chest in F22 for hours for that black MILK with no results...

If you're leveled up enough, it's more efficient to go to 27 and go up both escalators. They both lead to areas with trap rooms, and I got 2 MILK blacks from them today.

Also, having the Treasure Hunter decal helps a ton. You can view the whole map before traversing and easily identity the up escalators and positions of trap rooms.

Hours? Sheesh..push up a couple of floors then come back a little later I guess? I get "MLK" pretty much every 4th or 5th visit. When it starts to bullshit me with gear and coins, I push forward a bit, turn of the game, and try a couple of hours later. Not saying That's a guarantee..just saying it tends to change my drops.

Good luck to ya!

Lucent

Ha! That's how I beat the 20F boss! Amor and weapons all broke. Had 0 mushrooms left for anything because the fuck kept teleporting to places he couldn't even be seen! As I ran for my life, I found this snail in a corner all by its lonesome..was pretty much dead. Then, baam! Poison started giving me life lol. Fight took a total of about 25-30 minutes to finish..

Well I took some suggestions and brought invisibility mushrooms and wrecked him with the axe rage move. Took him down in like 5 minutes.

hyp

Man what the fuck at the two valves to proceed on 27F. I fought my way through so much shit with barely any equipment and the game is just like "no".

same happened to me. had to Tryptamine-D that shit. frustrating as hell. you have to defeat both Coen and Jin-Die on 26F for those to open up.

Top Bottom