• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

So I tried Floor 40 boss again. I used 17 Invincible shrooms at the beginning and 4 slow shrooms in final phase.

I simply could not hit the tail reliably.

I don't see how this fight would be possible without slow shrooms. It's insane. The targeting is sketchy as hell and the boss moved around so fast.

Eventually my shrooms ran out and I died. Again.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Maybe my +2 Meat Cleaver doesn't cut it DPS wise? I mean, half the time, the boss is just flinging me around and rooting me to the floor.

You need more DPS and Transparungus. When you are invis he's so easy to hit. Take at least 4

For DPS you can send expeditions to upper 30s and use those weapons. But I wanted to use my Death Burners

u have to either use Sting + Crush or do what I did and use raging bull plus bull plus raging bull premium. Got my HPs down to 100 on floor 13 went to 40 popped guardshrooms and I was hitting for 150% extra before Sting + Crush. With all buffs my DPS was over 300% and he died before invis wore off

I love this game, but man if it isn't full of bugs.
I returned on the 23rd floor (I'm currently on the 37th) because I needed Candle Wolf Black Metals for upgrading the Masamune.
I beat the boss with ease, but for some reason it seems that now the floor is slippery.
And I don't mean just the portion of the area covered by the vomit of the monster, I mean the ENTIRE bloody level.
I just keep slipping, I can't even activate the switches because apparently every action (like picking an item on the floor, or shooting) triggers a slide.
I can't even die and use a Death Metal (it'd be a waste, I know), the only choice I have is to exit the game completely.
Fuck this shit.

Baliis

I love this game, but man if it isn't full of bugs.
I returned on the 23rd floor (I'm currently on the 37th) because I needed Candle Wolf Black Metals for upgrading the Masamune.
I beat the boss with ease, but for some reason it seems that now the floor is slippery.
And I don't mean just the portion of the area covered by the vomit of the monster, I mean the ENTIRE bloody level.
I just keep slipping, I can't even activate the switches because apparently every action (like picking an item on the floor, or shooting) triggers a slide.
I can't even die and use a Death Metal (it'd be a waste, I know), the only choice I have is to exit the game completely.
Fuck this shit.

There's a ghetto solution that involves crouching or something? Will let you activate the switch and you can try to slowly get back to the elevator, but yea it's a shitty bug that they havent fixed yet somehow.

lionpants

You need more DPS and Transparungus. When you are invis he's so easy to hit. Take at least 4

For DPS you can send expeditions to upper 30s and use those weapons. But I wanted to use my Death Burners

u have to either use Sting + Crush or do what I did and use raging bull plus bull plus raging bull premium. Got my HPs down to 100 on floor 13 went to 40 popped guardshrooms and I was hitting for 150% extra before Sting + Crush. With all buffs my DPS was over 300% and he died before invis wore off
Transparagus is a pain to get via expeditions. People rarely go to 16F at Grade 5.

Where do you get yours?

Wow, fun fungus is great. Equip a bunch of high level trash from drops or expeditions, pop a fun fungus, suddenly it's viable again!

Maxed out bowling weapon really destroys, having fun mastering that.

There's a ghetto solution that involves crouching or something? Will let you activate the switch and you can try to slowly get back to the elevator, but yea it's a shitty bug that they havent fixed yet somehow.

I've literally tried everything. Eventually I gave up.
Oh well, it's in the past now.

Transparagus is a pain to get via expeditions. People rarely go to 16F at Grade 5.

Where do you get yours?

Sometimes I find one on the 11th floor, specifically in Maka-Tatsumi (in one of the pipes) and in Nokejiri (in the playground area).

Wow, fun fungus is great. Equip a bunch of high level trash from drops or expeditions, pop a fun fungus, suddenly it's viable again!

Maxed out bowling weapon really destroys, having fun mastering that.

I beat the game like 2 weeks ago and I still haven't found a bowling BP.....

The rage move is also pretty damn good, it's awesome watching a crowd scatter like a bunch of pins.

hbkdx12

I beat the game like 2 weeks ago and I still haven't found a bowling BP.....

The rage move is also pretty damn good, it's awesome watching a crowd scatter like a bunch of pins.

iirc the bowling bp is somewhere in the 20s side-floors actually might be 30s

I found mine on 27 but i can't still crafting it til i get to the 30s im guessing due to the mats

Any way to retrieve items from a failed rescue or is that shit gone for good?
From a failed raid? Nah all your stuff is gone

Any advice before I jump into the 30F boss? What should I be taking with? It was suggested to use Strikers for bosses and not Collectors?

Where do you get yours?

Send your guys to 11-12F for an hour while you also make the run..the maps are so small it's nothing. About what? 2 haters and 4 regular characters? Cheap elevator ride? Totally worth it..

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
The amount of voices they recorded for the title screen's "Let It Die" moment is ridiculous. Also have one fully level grade 4 character. Progress.

lionpants

Last boss dead! Now the real grind begins!

Thanks for the tips. Cloak shrooms made the fight a cake walk. The boss just larp-walks around and lets you smack his tail over and over.

I used a Striker with decals... Bull, Slashing +, Dumb Bell, Dumb Bell Premium, D.O.D +

Used the +2 Meat Chopper.

Stingshroom, Crushroom, Invincible, Invisible

30F boss dust..almost feels like I over prepared lol. Had to wait a minute for the slow effect to run out.

Ummm..this place looks like a nightmare lol.

Edit---

Nope. IS a nightmare. What the fuck?!

Capra

Well I got to Crowley...

Popped a slowshroom + stingshroom and charged with my motor psycho and... after taking half his bar with one hit he proceeded to completely ignore the rest of my attack until my slowmo faded, at which point he roasted me with lightning.

- __ -

Also I just realized I only have 1 free express taster pass left and over 10 floors of hell to go. I'm going to need an Okusa rotation ASAP.

lionpants

30F boss dust..almost feels like I over prepared lol. Had to wait a minute for the slow effect to run out.

Ummm..this place looks like a nightmare lol.

Edit---

Nope. IS a nightmare. What the fuck?!
Ya, difficulty spikes crazy high again. I was able to do the first couple floors for blue prints. Get some upgraded gear then attempt to get to Floor 35, where you'll unlock Grade 5 fighters. Then it's a lot more manageable.

big_z

What causes armour durability to deplete? I know damage does but does rolling, time, drop kicks, distance factor in?

I've been doing raids, did 10 or so with a fresh set of gear and only got hit twice but my shit is 3/4 depleted.

lionpants

What causes armour durability to deplete? I know damage does but does rolling, time, drop kicks, distance factor in?

I've been doing raids, did 10 or so with a fresh set of gear and only got hit twice but my shit is 3/4 depleted.
Just taking damage. Fire damage takes a lot of durability. Non-crafted items seem to degrade faster.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
The more you progress through the game the more you see people engaging in a bit of roleplaying. With guards all wearing the game outfits and such. Neat.

Frimaire

So is it even possible to get funshrooms from expeditions.
I've gone through 2 rounds of expeditions in the 30s with all my characters and I still haven't found a single one...
Got like 10 mins of guardshrooms, though.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So is it even possible to get funshrooms from expeditions.
I've gone through 2 rounds of expeditions in the 30s with all my characters and I still haven't found a single one...
Got like 10 mins of guardshrooms, though.

Yes, it is.

audio_delay

Neo Member
What do the birds even do? Got one from an expedition and didn't even know they were a thing. Anything special?

Gold or usual one? The gold one gives you 22500 exp, if you eat it, iirc. If you kill them, you'll get those oakshroom (100%/150% attack up for next attack). Apart from that, at the moment they are the highest instant HP recovery item, besides the ones you can buy from the vending machine.

ooooh

I didnt want to buy anything cause I had some useless blueprints

yeah, the blueprints are like the most valued things you can carry back home from floors :D

Good early ones are the Hammer, Machete and Butterfly knife. Pick any armorset you like the look of. Then keep upgrading their levels by using crafting material there.

Atkison04

Gold or usual one? The gold one gives you 22500 exp, if you eat it, iirc. If you kill them, you'll get those oakshroom (100%/150% attack up for next attack). Apart from that, at the moment they are the highest instant HP recovery item, besides the ones you can buy from the vending machine.

Oh nice! Mine was just a standard bird. Is there a place to farm for the gold ones though? That's a ton of xp!

Occam

So the larger regions/countries basically always beat the less populated ones in team fights. Meaning being a member of the largest region gets you free death metals while being on the losing side means you get none, no matter how many successful raids you do. So you pretty much have to switch to the largest team or you lose out. That's some terrible game design, what were they thinking?

audio_delay

Neo Member
So the larger regions/countries basically always beat the less populated ones in team fights. Meaning being a member of the largest region gets you free death metals while being on the losing side means you get none, no matter how many successful raids you do. So you pretty much have to switch to the largest team or you lose out. That's some terrible game design, what were they thinking?

Unless you choose the GBR. the GBR team is big, but a lot have already stopped playing meaning it is easy prey for other regions. The game assumes that all players are active, even if the majority of the team si dormant.
So best is to join cali

Frimaire

Fuck, I don't know how it's even possible to beat U-10 without just eating a bunch of guardshrooms.
His attacks all just seem so hard to avoid...

Capra

Aaaaaand there goes Crowley! Spamming iron while in slowmo continues to be the best strategy for dealing with any boss. Oddly enough it seems the motor psycho doesn't allow you to make multiple hits on the same enemy in its rage move.

Now what is this new hell I've stumbled into.

jengo

Not sure it's widely known yet, but it seems turning in one blueprint at a time still might get you a dupe. For example, When coming back with 3 blueprints, I would always drop 2 on the floor and turn one in at a time to avoid getting a duplicate. But coming back from floor 21, I found that I still got 2 of the same items from 2 different blueprints this way. Bummer, but I also kinda applaud the developers for not making such an easy work around.

Unless this was patched in recently...! (cause I never had it happen in the 100 hours I've played so far)

Top Bottom