• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

ZangBa

Could Jin-Die on F26 be any more annoying. It's all good, just keep teleporting up top over and over I'll wait. Wish I brought another slowmungus for that so I could have ended it in 30 seconds -_-.

Volcynika

Any recommendations in terms of finding Reverse Metals that aren't in the shop? Really dont' want to have to hunt down the shop every time and pony up 50k when I need one. See that the Reversal Tuber MK-1 quest is bugged, so blah.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
What I've been doing is using them for expeditions and slowly replace them with higher grade Collectors, so that they have larger bags and can hold spare materials. I dedicated one character to holding extra healing items, one to golden snails/animals, one to shrooms that I need later, etc. Basically mules. You can interact with the storage directly from the freezer menus so you don't even have to switch to that character unless you want to level them or equip them with something.

I've read somewhere that fighters with high luck on expeditions have a greater chance of returning with rare mushrooms and more currency. Anyone know if that's true? If so there's a case to use Lucky Stars instead of Collectors for spare fighters.

I do keep 2-3 Strikers though for when I inevitably lose mine.

Also, since this game is so great I've been considering trying other Suda games. Which ones are worth playing and can be emulated or bought on the cheap?

Thanks for the suggestions. I never even considered using freezer geezers for storage space!
Is there no risk of them losing Death Bag items or getting destroyed when out on expeditions?

Also, can you send multiple fighters on expeditions simultaneously?

It varies depending on where you are in the game.
It's important to remember that all your early characters will become obsolete fairly quickly as you unlock new types and ranks of fighters.
In the beginning of the game there's not much point to grinding up a bunch of rank 1 All-rounders.

Wish I had this attitude from the start...
Somehow I got obsessed with preparing defenses and maxed out 5x rank 1 fighters, only to find that you can be raided by people of much higher rank who walk through your army in a matter of seconds.

At the very least, I now have a great deal of storage space (as pointed out by the kind poster above me, hehe).

Oh, one other thing I wanted to ask. How do people arm their fighters (either for base defense or expeditions)? Is it best to give them a complete loadout of 6 weapons? Will they use them intelligently? Is just one per hand enough? Will Shooters use firearms more regularly/effectively than other weapons?

Edit:
Oh wow, Suda on the Switch presentation. Looks like he wants to bring NMH to the Switch in some way.

Vorheez

This is probably a stupid place to ask, but... Is this game good? The reviews don't do it any favors, and although it is free, I'm hesitant about deleting 40 gb worth of stuff to make room.

I love the souls games, and I like grindy games, but that's all I have that i think applies to this game lol

hyp

This is probably a stupid place to ask, but... Is this game good? The reviews don't do it any favors, and although it is free, I'm hesitant about deleting 40 gb worth of stuff to make room.

I love the souls games, and I like grindy games, but that's all I have that i think applies to this game lol

goty 2016 for me. others here love it as well. reviews are probably not the best indication of the kind of game it is. the grind in this game is pretty fun, a ton of items to craft, artwork/extras, secret rooms. tons of stuff. expect to spend over 100 hours easily.

A majority of the reviews have been up very close to release. I don't see how any of those reviewers could have gotten far into the game at that point, unless they just used like 100 death metals. In that case they wouldn't have had to engage with all of the games mechanics either so they'd likely have a terrible time.
Listen to word of mouth on this one.

Vorheez

Awesome, thanks guys. I'll play it over the weekend and drop back in here if I have any questions or concerns. I think the negative reviews may have been because people insisted on rating it compared to souls titles, as opposed to a standalone title, where it likely would have found more success. Thats my guess anyways. I'm just talking out of my ass. I'll know better after I play it myself!

I think I'm going to stop playing.

Past the 2nd boss, and now I keep dying on this new floors, resulting in me farming for coins to buy my dead character... again and again.

Its getting too F2P mobile game bullshit for me.

Past the 2nd boss, and now I keep dying on this new floors, resulting in me farming for coins to buy my dead character... again and again.

I deleted it 2 times in last week and reinstalled.

Keep trying, once you get good BP and upgrade materials, craft...

F22 KAWABE has golden chest.....Use it many times.

from that reddit link:

Gyakufunsya locations and items list (Tower merchant) self.LetItDie

submitted pred 29 dan by Hoyuki40F

Here's a list of locations and items that he sell on that location. Seems like he have 2 locations and the same items at both.

Credits Goes to FallenRazgriz from Gamefaqs!

Omoki 3F Denden-Chofu 5F

Veneer Planks - 2000 Aluminum Scraps - 2000 Waste Oil - 2000 Clump of Copper Scraps - 2000 Hemp - 2000 Leather - 2000 Wool - 2000 D.O.D. Arms Blue Metal - 20,000 Scratch Metal - 10,000 BP Rogue Helmet - 30,000 BP Steel Soldier Mask - 60,000 BP Guerrilla Fighter Head - 30,000

Megashi-Koya 7F Yoneguchi 9F

Veneer Planks - 2000 Aluminum Scraps - 2000 Waste Oil - 2000 Clump of Copper Scraps - 2000 Hemp - 2000 Leather - 2000 Wool - 2000 D.O.D. Arms Blue Metal - 20,000 Scratch Metal - 10,000 Bullet Metal - 20,000 BP Doctor Drill Mask - 120,000 BP Heavy Hitter Head - 30,000 BP Texas Farmer Mask - 30,000

Koshi-Tagawa 14F Nutakoen 17F

MDF - 4000 Aluminum Can - 4000 Vegetable Oil - 4000 Piece of Broken Copperware - 4000 Hemp - 2000 Leather - 2000 Wool - 2000 D.O.D. Arms Green Metal - 30,000 Scratch Metal - 10,000 Bullet Metal - 20,000 Reversal Metal - 50,000 BP Phantom Soldier Body - 60,000 BP Sengoku Armor - 30,000 BP Barrett Punisher Body - 60,000

Moriba 24F

Rosewood - 6000 Aluminum Engine Part - 6000 Crude Oil - 6000 Copper Wire Mountain - 6000 Hemp - 2000 Leather - 2000 Wool - 2000 D.O.D. Arms Black Metal - 40,000 Scratch Metal - 10,000 Bullet Metal - 20,000 Reversal Metal - 50,000 BP Hard Puncher Body - 120,000

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

I just got to play some of the game tonight. I enjoyed what I played. I got to level 11 and I found my first elevator. Did some back tracking here and there. It has familiar gameplay to it.

It sucks hearing you're about to quit.

I'm looking forward to getting back into it. I just hope the aesthetics change the further you get.

I'm more into this than I was Killer is Dead.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

I consider myself quite the Souls aficionado, but that's not at all why I like/play this game. It's almost polar opposite in terms of design philosophy, aesthetic sense and taste.

It's only slightly similar to Souls on some very shallow terms, which could also be compared with numerous other (more similar) games.

If you like grindy games, you should be fine.
If you like collecting/upgrading loot and that "just one more run" hook, you'll dig it.
Check out some early gameplay vids to see what you might be getting yourself into.

Personally, I'm glad I didn't read any reviews before trying this, and probably never will. Based on what people here are saying, I think they'd just make me angry, haha.

Capra

So I just lost my first character to a loading bug while farming. 116k kill coins to salvage him and all the materials he had with him...

tariniel

Thanks for the suggestions. I never even considered using freezer geezers for storage space!
Is there no risk of them losing Death Bag items or getting destroyed when out on expeditions?

Also, can you send multiple fighters on expeditions simultaneously?

I've heard that if you put gear that you crafted and bought that the gear will not break, and I confirm that is true. I've had 6-7 characters geared out for expeditions and they have never broken, and when I took the weapons back for my main character they had no durability loss. I've also heard that if you put weapons you found on the floor on them that those will break though, but I haven't tried that.

Also yes you can send every character you have on expeditions except for 1, the one you are currently using. It is better to do 1-hour expeditions than to defend because as you found out people will just kill your defenders and potentially capture them anyway. Even if they aren't higher rank, someone that really wants your stuff can cheese your defenders with brainshrooms for easy goretastic kills. I put 0 characters on defense and just do expeditions with all of them. That is, unless you want the defense trophy but personally I don't really care about trophies.

This game has a weird addiction factor to it. When I first saw gameplay videos, reviews, streams, I thought it looked awful, but I figured it's free why not give it a try... and now I'm 80 hours in and love it.

Capra

what loading bug?

I kept using an escalator to enter and exit a certain floor (one of the 28s) in order to farm some bullet tubers and I guess I did it too quickly because I found myself in an infinite loading screen with a recurring error. I had to close the application and restart my PS4 to fix it, and it counted as a death when I got back in. My guy had something like 8 guardshrooms on him and I was having really good luck with material drops before that occurred so it's especially frustrating.

Arklite

Had a string of bad luck/planning and got destroyed last night by constant hunters with poison claws, holy shit. I think I'm permanently running poison decals, it would've saved me almost every time.

I deleted it 2 times in last week and reinstalled.

Keep trying, once you get good BP and upgrade materials, craft...

F22 KAWABE has golden chest.....Use it many times.

from that reddit link:

Gyakufunsya locations and items list (Tower merchant) self.LetItDie

submitted pred 29 dan by Hoyuki40F

Here's a list of locations and items that he sell on that location. Seems like he have 2 locations and the same items at both.

Credits Goes to FallenRazgriz from Gamefaqs!

Omoki 3F Denden-Chofu 5F

Veneer Planks - 2000 Aluminum Scraps - 2000 Waste Oil - 2000 Clump of Copper Scraps - 2000 Hemp - 2000 Leather - 2000 Wool - 2000 D.O.D. Arms Blue Metal - 20,000 Scratch Metal - 10,000 BP Rogue Helmet - 30,000 BP Steel Soldier Mask - 60,000 BP Guerrilla Fighter Head - 30,000

Megashi-Koya 7F Yoneguchi 9F

Veneer Planks - 2000 Aluminum Scraps - 2000 Waste Oil - 2000 Clump of Copper Scraps - 2000 Hemp - 2000 Leather - 2000 Wool - 2000 D.O.D. Arms Blue Metal - 20,000 Scratch Metal - 10,000 Bullet Metal - 20,000 BP Doctor Drill Mask - 120,000 BP Heavy Hitter Head - 30,000 BP Texas Farmer Mask - 30,000

Koshi-Tagawa 14F Nutakoen 17F

MDF - 4000 Aluminum Can - 4000 Vegetable Oil - 4000 Piece of Broken Copperware - 4000 Hemp - 2000 Leather - 2000 Wool - 2000 D.O.D. Arms Green Metal - 30,000 Scratch Metal - 10,000 Bullet Metal - 20,000 Reversal Metal - 50,000 BP Phantom Soldier Body - 60,000 BP Sengoku Armor - 30,000 BP Barrett Punisher Body - 60,000

Moriba 24F

Rosewood - 6000 Aluminum Engine Part - 6000 Crude Oil - 6000 Copper Wire Mountain - 6000 Hemp - 2000 Leather - 2000 Wool - 2000 D.O.D. Arms Black Metal - 40,000 Scratch Metal - 10,000 Bullet Metal - 20,000 Reversal Metal - 50,000 BP Hard Puncher Body - 120,000

Thank you so very much for this! I'll consider now, just need to get to that grinding mood again.

decaf

Hey folks, can anyone reassure me that I won't lose my premium decals if I die while raiding? Ta.

Edit: Found out the hard way. You don't, but they go back to Mushroom Club.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Currently fighting with Canada and Germany at the same time. Cali's might is still unmatched. Also apparently if the timer runs out it still counts as a success.

Capra

I have become a master of what I like to call the "Three Stooges Strategy." It is as follows:

1) Find an enemy with the spear weapon and bait it into running after you.
2) Bait other enemies until you have a nice clump.
3) Run around in a circle, venturing just close enough to the spear-wielder to initiate an attack.
4) Watch as the enemies tear each other apart trying to strike you. Bonus points if you managed to get multiple spear-wielders in the clump.

Grinchy

Banned
Okusa is up tonight for us golden snail hunters.

I wish I had opened up the 5* fighters because I even have a couple nitro decals waiting. I guess I'll just go ahead and replace my 3 remaining 3* guys with 4* ones with the snails I get this time.

I have become a master of what I like to call the "Three Stooges Strategy." It is as follows:

1) Find an enemy with the spear weapon and bait it into running after you.
2) Bait other enemies until you have a nice clump.
3) Run around in a circle, venturing just close enough to the spear-wielder to initiate an attack.
4) Watch as the enemies tear each other apart trying to strike you. Bonus points if you managed to get multiple spear-wielders in the clump.

lol..The only way to play! I tend to bait haters into that trap.

hbkdx12

I used the work around in the map rotation to go from 33 to 39 (since that was the next available elevator >_>) with my grade 4 figher, talk about nerve wracking.

Truth be told i handled the whole thing pretty flawlessly up until i got to floor 39. U-10 wasn't even an issue although my weapons were pretty weak against it. Even using two slow shrooms i only managed to get it down to about a quarter of it's health (i forgot to eat my stingshrooms that i brought with me)

But when i got to floor 39 i ended up going against enemies that were 100+ with bowling balls and sabers. They were savages. They easily have to be some of the most OP/cheesiest weapons in the game. Had to use 3 DMs on one screamer all because he had a saber and everytime i thought i could counter his first attack, he'd attack again before i could swing and just combo/stun lock me to death. Mind you i had lifeshrooms as well.

I'm just glad that i'm finally at grade 5. Since i haven't unlocked the elevators between 33 and 39, working my way down should be substantially easier as i grab mats along the way.

Either way, back to grinding lol

Vorheez

So I've just gotten past the tutorial and I'm exploring the hub now. Pretty damn cool so far!!

Quick question though, I took a look at my underworld rolodex and noticed that it has mastery levels for only 32 weapons? Is that all there is in the game? Little disappointing if true, but oh well, can't wait to dive in more!

Music is dope too by the way

hyp

awesome, thanks.

So I've just gotten past the tutorial and I'm exploring the hub now. Pretty damn cool so far!!

Quick question though, I took a look at my underworld rolodex and noticed that it has mastery levels for only 32 weapons? Is that all there is in the game? Little disappointing if true, but oh well, can't wait to dive in more!

Music is dope too by the way

yea there are only 32 weapons but they evolve as you level them up. some have added elemental damage or variations on the original.

Vorheez

gotta keep making your way up the tower. you unlock higher tier fighters you can purchase with more skill slots the higher up you go.

Higher rank fighters have more slots.
Skill Masters also have even more slots.
Ah, I remember uncle death mentioning something about that I think. Is that why there are limits on how much I can level my current character? I have only five slots for each attribute.

Volcynika

Yasss, got a death burner being R&D'd now. Things gonna get rekt. Found a location on Togose which can spawn pure aluminum, so may burn an express pass to grind that out a bit this weekend.

Do raids that you pick from the Random category not give Fight Points, even if your faction is at war with your opponent's faction? The opponents have the war icon, my character gets the war boost, yet no Fight Points after the raid.
It's really annoying, since my faction is at war with two others and the Fight category only gives me players from the faction whose war timer ends later. I want points in the war that ends sooner...

audio_delay

Neo Member
Do raids that you pick from the Random category not give Fight Points, even if your faction is at war with your opponent's faction? The opponents have the war icon, my character gets the war boost, yet no Fight Points after the raid.
It's really annoying, since my faction is at war with two others and the Fight category only gives me players from the faction whose war timer ends later. I want points in the war that ends sooner...

That is weird. The only times you don't get pts are, if you failed once at a raid or if you reach a threadhold, but i think that the latter one is a bug. In our last fight once getting around 5000pts the server was giving me always one specific player that was in a completely different region, and i couldn't get anymore fight using favourites or random with people that my team was in a war with.

That is weird. The only times you don't get pts are, if you failed once at a raid or if you reach a threadhold, but i think that the latter one is a bug. In our last fight once getting around 5000pts the server was giving me always one specific player that was in a completely different region, and i couldn't get anymore fight using favourites or random with people that my team was in a war with.

Can you specify in regards to the "failed once at a raid" part?

I have also have encountered, in previous wars, the bug where after some point the game starts offering me one opponent over and over again, except they're always unreachable (raided by others etc.).

audio_delay

Neo Member
Can you specify in regards to the "failed once at a raid" part?

I have also have encountered, in previous wars, the bug where after some point the game starts offering me one opponent over and over again, except they're always unreachable (raided by others etc.).

Basically if you
-get killed in a raid
-run out of time before killing every defender and breaking the safes
then you fail.
If you fail you cannot participate in the war actively anymore. However if you jump back into the train it won't count as failure, iirc. So basically break the safes and run back to train is probably the saves thing to do, if you have express ticket activated.

Sande

I feel like I gotta be doing something wrong. Machete haters stunlock me to death if they hit me once. Full health, 2 second chances, doesn't matter. I just stand there taking it.

There has to be something I'm missing about these absurd stunlocks.

Basically if you
-get killed in a raid
-run out of time before killing every defender and breaking the safes
then you fail.
If you fail you cannot participate in the war actively anymore. However if you jump back into the train it won't count as failure, iirc. So basically break the safes and run back to train is probably the saves thing to do, if you have express ticket activated.

Wow, I did not know about this at all. Thank you!
That's probably it, I might have died on one of the numerous war raids and that was it for Fight Point gaining. Still gave me the HP & Rage meter buff when fighting war opponents from the rando raid list, so that added to the confusion.
All in all I have 1404 attempted raids and 1318 of them were successful, so I haven't really cared about getting killed during them. Will keep the war raid penalty in mind from now on, though. Thanks again!

Top Bottom