• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Burnburn

Yeah I know you get 5 stars at 35 heh. I was just wondering why go all the way around to get to fl35 since you need to fight a boss anyway. But it seems like the non Coen one is easier to cheese?

audio_delay

Neo Member
Coen has a lot of HP. So if you got a tier 5 fighter you can farm for weapons more easier, like marasama or zombie chopper from those dev haters. Those dev haters won't appear, until you unlock the tier 5 fighters.

derFeef

So I am just getting started, have played two characters up until floor 3 (just to level them up) and this will be addicting as hell. I may even say this will be better for me than Bloodbore, which I also got in the sale and was eager to play.

Blocking/getting the enemies staggered is haaaard.
Also how do I get new music?

Also an important question. can you get really far into it, and then get all characters lost, which has you basically start from scartch? Not really grasping the full level/floor/tier mechanics yet.

sensi97

Also an important question. can you get really far into it, and then get all characters lost, which has you basically start from scartch? Not really grasping the full level/floor/tier mechanics yet.
Technically yes. But if you are afraid to lose your last fighter, you can farm coins safely with raids and get your dead characters back while staying in the waiting room.
Also the price in coins isn't too high until the last levels.

Zee-Row

Banned
Why the fuck am I getting haters at level 78 on the 3rd floor? They need to cap that shit I was leveling a new character and got fuck one shoted. Also fuck California.

arimanius

use stricker/attacker mostly....always spend all money before closing game.

I played for a couple of hours today for the first time and just logged off. Why do I need to spend all my money before I close my game? That because of invasions? Do I need to unlock those first? I didn't even get past floor 3. Had a level 22 guy on floor two kept killing me.

hbkdx12

So decided to stop grinding kawabe and take advantage of the work around that lets you get to floor 35 more easily to unlock grade 5 fighters.

Fight through crowley and get to floor 33. Go back to the waiting room to gear up and when i go back up the layout changed.

John-Oliver-Fuck-You.gif

Beat 40F just in time for New Danganronpa V3 tomorrow, yay.

Still in Grade 4 to not get G5 hunters on my ass, but I had the 4 kinds of bull decals on me, so even without Stingshrooms (I forgot to eat them for some reason) I was doing 3000 DMG per hit with my Pork Chopper+ +1.

I'm now researching Pork Chopper+ +3, will be done tomorrow.

ZangBa

I expected more difficulty from f23 Goto-9, but I destroyed him with my typical gear. I guess I'll end up having to farm this guy forever now for medals.

cakely

I found out something today so you don't have to.

If you lose a fighter, and then try to retrieve that hater with another fighter, and ... then the hater kills that fighter ...
sigh

Let it Die it keeps track because Hater #1 was there when I sent in my third fighter and Hater #2 was there when I went to the waiting room and returned.

Anyone know if the quests are fixed? Specifically if Haters killing stuff while you have a "Kill all enemies on floor with Machete" breaks it?

derFeef

Technically yes. But if you are afraid to lose your last fighter, you can farm coins safely with raids and get your dead characters back while staying in the waiting room.
Also the price in coins isn't too high until the last levels.

Try to keep some 10k coin quest rewards in the reward box to be safe.

Okay thanks for the tip :)
What would be a good "dev support" pack for beginners? I really like this game and want to support the devs!

yume_2501

I ve never eaten the wrong fungus... till yesterday! i wanted to throw the one that stun the enemy on floor 39 (first time on that floor)at an eater and this happened...
FywtAFq.jpg

1000nd Fungus yay <_<
Luckly i had 1 metal skull atleast

zelas

Why the fuck am I getting haters at level 78 on the 3rd floor? They need to cap that shit I was leveling a new character and got fuck one shoted. Also fuck California.
If you're far enough into the game to be getting level 78 haters then you are far enough in the game to not be complaining about haters period.

-You have access to Okusa and golden snails. A handful of which will take you to 75 alone. You can farm yourself or send fighter on hourly expeditions
-You've progressed far enough to have had the oppurtunity to complete very easy quests that reward other golden animals as well
-You also have access to a variety of shrooms that essentially break the game as well.
-You've been on floor 3 countless times to know exactly where the haters spawn on that level.

The only haters in this game that are problematic are the annoyingly geared ones defending some waiting rooms.

So decided to stop grinding kawabe and take advantage of the work around that lets you get to floor 35 more easily to unlock grade 5 fighters.

Fight through crowley and get to floor 33. Go back to the waiting room to gear up and when i go back up the layout changed.
Since launch the tower layout has changed at 7pm EST everyday. Once you return to the waiting room after 7 the change goes into effect.

Joey Ravn

Banned

John-Oliver-Fuck-You.gif

Uh, what's that trick? Mind sharing? :)

Burnburn

Upgraded the diy jacket from 2 stars to 3 stars and the defence went up from around 200 to 600!!! It was super easy to upgrade it too since dod red metal was the rewards of killing 10 enemies in a row with hockey stick. I'm now ready to kick ass on 30+ floors

Uh, what's that trick? Mind sharing? :)

Every four days you can go down from 32, fight a boss on 31 and then go all the way around from the right side to hit 35. There's an image of it on reddit

big_z

Upgraded the diy jacket from 2 stars to 3 stars and the defence went up from around 200 to 600!!! It was super easy to upgrade it too since dod red metal was the rewards of killing 10 enemies in a row with hockey stick. I'm now ready to kick ass on 30+ floors

Every four days you can go down from 32, fight a boss on 31 and then go all the way around from the right side to hit 35. There's an image of it on reddit

link to the image? I don't want to grind anymore than I need to.

Landford

Banned
This game is so fucking amazing and ridiculous. And also addicting as hell. Anyone has an idea of how profitable it is to Grasshopper? Everything feels generous and Death Metals arent that hard to come by.

Arklite

Don't think they've stated much about revenue, besides a million PSN downloads. I'm not even sure it's released in Japan yet. There's not really much advertisement either besides streams and word of mouth. Hope the model works for them, the game deserves it.

I found out something today so you don't have to.

If you lose a fighter, and then try to retrieve that hater with another fighter, and ... then the hater kills that fighter ...
sigh

Let it Die it keeps track because Hater #1 was there when I sent in my third fighter and Hater #2 was there when I went to the waiting room and returned.

To add to that, you don't need to return to the waiting room; going up/down a floor and returning will spawn the second hater.

Also something odd happened to me once; my hater wasn't in the floor he died, and no, the layout hadn't rotated in between. Anyone else had this happen? It was really convenient for me, because he was deep in a side path, and the game put it on a central floor with an elevator.

To add to that, you don't need to return to the waiting room; going up/down a floor and returning will spawn the second hater.

Also something odd happened to me once; my hater wasn't in the floor he died, and no, the layout hadn't rotated in between. Anyone else had this happen? It was really convenient for me, because he was deep in a side path, and the game put it on a central floor with an elevator.

few times same here. it was in same floor but in other room.....

Ricker

Caught in the loop of the11th,12th and 13th floor now...gate wont open on 11 on one side, so I turn around,go up 12,up 13,get to the gate and it's locked again from the other side...turn around,I get to that room with all the mines,manage to kill a few and trap the annoying MK2 drill guy,ooooh a nice
vending machine,I open it and this guy comes springing out and one shots me
....wtf is this shit lol ;)

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
This game refuses to give me the blueprint for the pork chopper. I don't wanna continue or face the boss until I have it.. &#3232;_&#3232;

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Oops, a friend showed me a screenshot that I am the 16th highest ranked LID player in Germany.

How did that happen o_o

Arklite

Caught in the loop of the11th,12th and 13th floor now...gate wont open on 11 on one side, so I turn around,go up 12,up 13,get to the gate and it's locked again from the other side...turn around,I get to that room with all the mines,manage to kill a few and trap the annoying MK2 drill guy,ooooh a nice
vending machine,I open it and this guy comes springing out and one shots me
....wtf is this shit lol ;)

I ignore those machines completely, especially in higher floors. Whatever pittance they offer isn't worth a bullshit cheap shot. They seem pointless.

DigSCCP

Whats up Senpais ?
Made it to 19th floor today...but cant say Im proud of it lol
Man the battle with Jin Die on 16th floor was rough.
And made me put my first real money in the game.
I grabbed the "First Chance Only" pack with 30 DM.
Im okay with the money, its been a 40h game to me so far and I only spent 5 dollars so far, and I had 7 dollars on PSN so ok.
The real problem was how I climbed to 19th.
Fuck I was destroyed after the battle with Jin Die so I ran all over 17th, 18th and the beginning of 19th until I find an elevator lol
So now...any tips against the 20th floor boss?

DigSCCP

If you had trouble with jin-die, you're going to have trouble with the f20 boss. Get whatever gear upgrades/mushrooms you'd need against jin-die before trying f20.

I just found out I have access to Tier 3 Haters !
I think this will help a lot !
I was on 18th/19th against 70/80 lvl enemies with my defender level 46 lol

Top Bottom