• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

I ignore those machines completely, especially in higher floors. Whatever pittance they offer isn't worth a bullshit cheap shot. They seem pointless.

Pointless is the exact term. I simply ignore them unless I'm farming money on a lower floor with a high level character. I don't understand why they bothered putting the in the game.

Grinchy

Banned
I've died to a hater who was like 20 levels under me twice now because of that damn pork chopper. It's always a one shot.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I've died to a hater who was like 20 levels under me twice now because of that damn pork chopper. It's always a one shot.

The pork chopper has crazy high damage, but its also super easy to evade. Just bait and punish.

NeoRausch

And I thought to myself: "hey, those daily Express ticked are kinda cool. I'm gonna buy one of those monthly tickets! That with the money."

WTF? 18 euros? I mean you get a lot out of it but still... That's way too much. 10 bucks, alright... But 18?

Or let me buy daily tickets if I need them.

tariniel

And I thought to myself: "hey, those daily Express ticked are kinda cool. I'm gonna buy one of those monthly tickets! That with the money."

WTF? 18 euros? I mean you get a lot out of it but still... That's way too much. 10 bucks, alright... But 18?

Or let me buy daily tickets if I need them.

Yeah I would feel better about buying it if it came with some Death Metals daily/weekly during the pass. As it is I don't play often enough to take advantage of saving money on the elevator, except on the weekends. I only log in for 1-2 hrs per night during the week.

What may be valuable is the daily premium decal though, until you have the ones you want. I'm missing just about every good one despite 30+ stews by now.

NeoRausch

F23 boss Goto drops it fairly frequently. Also any gold chests in f21-30. There's a chest on f22 Kawabe that can drop all types of black metal, and some other chests on f28 although I haven't reached those ones yet.

Oh awesome! Thanks.
I'm still at 23 so the last part won't be an option, but the others sound promising!

Wait it only appears on the 30 floors? Why am I getting them from expeditions to floors 22 and 23??

Where you get a weapon and where you get the blueprint are entirely different things. I just got a claw on floor 1 (it's the first time I've seen a two star claw even, until now I always got the three star version from enemies).

Zee-Row

Banned
If you're far enough into the game to be getting level 78 haters then you are far enough in the game to not be complaining about haters period.

-You have access to Okusa and golden snails. A handful of which will take you to 75 alone. You can farm yourself or send fighter on hourly expeditions
-You've progressed far enough to have had the oppurtunity to complete very easy quests that reward other golden animals as well
-You also have access to a variety of shrooms that essentially break the game as well.
-You've been on floor 3 countless times to know exactly where the haters spawn on that level.

The only haters in this game that are problematic are the annoyingly geared ones defending some waiting rooms.

Since launch the tower layout has changed at 7pm EST everyday. Once you return to the waiting room after 7 the change goes into effect.

I don't have Okusa , it never comes up on the expeditions.

slash3584

Well just had my first really unpleasant experience with the game.

Tried to kill Jin-Die on F16 but died.

Alright no problem, I don't have the money to recover the fighter so I'll just grind stuff on F12.

Nope! a level 75 hunter appeared and 1 shoted me. Wtf? Great, now I don't have any money, not even to do some raids. But whatever I'll just go to F1 and kill everyone so I can get some money and take the elevator to higher levels.

Nope again! The very same hunter appeared and 1 shoted me again, So now I'm 3 fighters down, with no money and If I go to F1 my own haterified fighter appears and I don't want to lose his items, so while evading him on F1 I just grinded enough to do some raids and pay the 5000 to recover him.

So about 1 hour lost with nothing gained and I still have to pay to recover the first 2 fighters.

audio_delay

Neo Member
Well just had my first really unpleasant experience with the game.

Tried to kill Jin-Die on F16 but died.

Alright no problem, I don't have the money to recover the fighter so I'll just grind stuff on F12.

Nope! a level 75 hunter appeared and 1 shoted me. Wtf? Great, now I don't have any money, not even to do some raids. But whatever I'll just go to F1 and kill everyone so I can get some money and take the elevator to higher levels.

Nope again! The very same hunter appeared and 1 shoted me again, So now I'm 3 fighters down, with no money and If I go to F1 my own haterified fighter appears and I don't want to lose his items, so while evading him on F1 I just grinded enough to do some raids and pay the 5000 to recover him.

So about 1 hour lost with nothing gained and I still have to pay to recover the first 2 fighters.

Why don't you just run around those haters? You don' have to kill them. Use shrooms and bypass them.

Syysch

Where do I get candle wolf black metal?

For everyone's future reference:

Candle wolf = goto
War ensemble = jin-die
DOD = coen
MILK = u-10

Blue = f1-10
Green = f11-20
Black = f21-30
Red = f31-40

Not all bosses spawn in each set of 10 floors (u-10 is only in the 30s). Gold chests in that set of floors drops that color, sometimes the one lower.

F22 KAWABE that golden chest at the end of map is good.

To respawn i need to go to waiting room and go back or just to other floor?

Waiting room.

Why don't you just run around those haters? You don' have to kill them. Use shrooms and bypass them.

Yeah, there are 3-4 frongus available on f1 by the time you get to those first 2 scratch tubers in the first room. If you're having trouble with haters, a solution is right there at the start of the game. Use them to kill or at the very least stun and just run past, they wont follow if you're far enough away.

Volcynika

Not sure what I should do next. I think I can get materials for a Death Burner (I'm short a perfect aluminum and a black metal of some sort), but I'm currently at 33F elevator, I can somewhat reliably beat Coen with shrooms, but not sure what to aim for next. I was hoping to reach an elevator higher, but the floor rotations don't seem to be too kind to me. Any recommendations?

audio_delay

Neo Member
Not sure what I should do next. I think I can get materials for a Death Burner (I'm short a perfect aluminum and a black metal of some sort), but I'm currently at 33F elevator, I can somewhat reliably beat Coen with shrooms, but not sure what to aim for next. I was hoping to reach an elevator higher, but the floor rotations don't seem to be too kind to me. Any recommendations?

Once you get to coen's floor (34), don't aim for the gate that gets you locked in with coen, call up your map. Scan the area, you should see another path that leads you to back to Togose. If you push further you will be able to get to floor 35, but of course the gate will be locked once you ride the escalator up to floor 35. Here is the thing you can chance it with Coen and if your fighter dies, just scrap him for a new tier 5 fighter.

tariniel

My team is in a fight and and there is no fight tab. I added the team we're fighting to favorites and I have no favorites tab.

What the heck is going on?! I went into the tower and came back, did 5 raids against random people, restarted the game, restarted the PS4, still nothing.

After doing enough raids one finally showed up... just one and then its gone again.

syynsh: thanks

MIDDLE BOSSES/BOSSES

Candle wolf = goto - very easy boss FLOOR 3 TAMATA
War ensemble = jin-die FLOOR 6
DOD = coen where is he?
MILK = u-10 FLOOR 10 right?

GOLDEN CHESTS?

Blue = f1-10
Green = f11-20
Black = f21-30
Red = f31-40

what about list of location of all golden chests where usually traps are?

hyp

syynsh: thanks

MIDDLE BOSSES/BOSSES

Candle wolf = goto - very easy boss FLOOR 3 TAMATA
War ensemble = jin-die FLOOR 6
DOD = coen where is he?
MILK = u-10 FLOOR 10 right?

GOLDEN CHESTS?

Blue = f1-10
Green = f11-20
Black = f21-30
Red = f31-40

what about list of location of all golden chests where usually traps are?

here's an updated spreadsheet of the current floor rotations along with where you can find trap chests and rare metals.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
What do you guys do with like grade 1 fighters when you unlock the other grades? Just destroy them?

I would also like to know this. I guess you could send them on expeditions if you have the freezer space, but eventually you're gonna be replacing them completely, right?

I only just beat the first Jin-Die, but wow this game is addictive in a weird way.

Everything is so over the top and vulgar. The floor layouts are mostly claustrophobic, and combined with the rumbling soundtrack while exploring, the atmosphere is just downright oppressive. Not to mention the clunky lock-on and controls. All signs point to me not liking this game, but I'm really enjoying it!

I recently came across my first Gyakufunsya and struggled to decide between buying the machete or magnum blueprint. Ended up going with machete, and as luck would have it (was actually running a Luck fighter at the time), a random one returned to Chokufunsha turned out to be magnum. Looking forward to getting those levelled and upgraded. Using fresh fighters to level up new weapons somehow feels fun despite essentially being a grind; although finding materials for research can be a pain.

Keep posting your tips and stories, folks! They remind me I have a long way to go, but they're also encouraging/entertaining :)

Frimaire

Woah, is there something that triggers all this new dialogue with the elevator attendant?
Is it number of trips in the express elevator?
Now she's suddenly sitting on the couch and saying all this crazy shit...

Capra

Yeah, eventually she and your character seem to start flirting and from then on using the elevator gives you an instant boost to your rage gauge. I thought that was pretty cool, although now that my express taster passes are gone I'm not sure I'll ever see her again...

Volcynika

Once you get to coen's floor (34), don't aim for the gate that gets you locked in with coen, call up your map. Scan the area, you should see another path that leads you to back to Togose. If you push further you will be able to get to floor 35, but of course the gate will be locked once you ride the escalator up to floor 35. Here is the thing you can chance it with Coen and if your fighter dies, just scrap him for a new tier 5 fighter.

It's more just I'm not sure if I can reach an elevator post Coen but before Jin-Die / Goto fight. I might just try to get the death burner first to improve my weapon arsenal.

tariniel

I would also like to know this. I guess you could send them on expeditions if you have the freezer space, but eventually you're gonna be replacing them completely, right?

What I've been doing is using them for expeditions and slowly replace them with higher grade Collectors, so that they have larger bags and can hold spare materials. I dedicated one character to holding extra healing items, one to golden snails/animals, one to shrooms that I need later, etc. Basically mules. You can interact with the storage directly from the freezer menus so you don't even have to switch to that character unless you want to level them or equip them with something.

I've read somewhere that fighters with high luck on expeditions have a greater chance of returning with rare mushrooms and more currency. Anyone know if that's true? If so there's a case to use Lucky Stars instead of Collectors for spare fighters.

I do keep 2-3 Strikers though for when I inevitably lose mine.

Also, since this game is so great I've been considering trying other Suda games. Which ones are worth playing and can be emulated or bought on the cheap?

What do you guys do with like grade 1 fighters when you unlock the other grades? Just destroy them?

Yep. I currently have 8 fighters (two strikers, two shooters, two collectors, a lucky star and a defender), all of them grade 3, and most max level. Okusa snails make that a breeze. The one neat thing about leveling up characters is that you don't need to max them to have them perform at peak efficiency, it's usually enough to max HP, Vitality, and whatever their main attack stat is. For collectors I max Luck first instead.

audio_delay

Neo Member
Also, since this game is so great I've been considering trying other Suda games. Which ones are worth playing and can be emulated or bought on the cheap?
Killer7 is my personal favourite. Having said that, Suda51 hasn't directed a game himself for a long time. IIIRC, the first no more heroes game (wii version) was the last one.

It's more just I'm not sure if I can reach an elevator post Coen but before Jin-Die / Goto fight. I might just try to get the death burner first to improve my weapon arsenal.

I think you are overthinking this. If you have the pork chopper at +4, you should be able to do enough damage to him. Plus it is always worth looting the chests, I got a zombie chopper on the same floor before entering the closed area with Coen. You just need to carry some funshrooms with you.

Jebusman

Banned
Did they ever fix the problem with the trials that require you to "climb" from one floor to another killing everything, but a single hater killing a single enemy would invalidate the attempt?

Because there's so many death metals I could be collecting right now if it wasn't for the fact that those quests are seemingly impossible when I run up and the hater has already murdered at least somebody.

KodaRuss

Gave this a try not expecting much and I was pretty impressed. I have so many damn games to play right now but I am going to keep going with this one.

About how long is the game?

Frimaire

Gave this a try not expecting much and I was pretty impressed. I have so many damn games to play right now but I am going to keep going with this one.

About how long is the game?

I have over 100 hours and haven't finished.
There are
floors right now.

Volcynika

I think you are overthinking this. If you have the pork chopper at +4, you should be able to do enough damage to him. Plus it is always worth looting the chests, I got a zombie chopper on the same floor before entering the closed area with Coen. You just need to carry some funshrooms with you.

Maybe a misunderstanding? I've beaten him there a couple times already, it's just I end up with not a clear path to go anywhere except for a new boss. First time I beat him, the current tower rotation was literally just a path to Goto without any break/elevator prior, and I wasn't prepared for it with my loadout. I just remember someone here mentioning they beat him and were able to get to an elevator after, and not sure which tower rotation allows for that.

KodaRuss

I have over 100 hours and haven't finished.
There are
floors right now.

Oh no, what have I started. I just read through Hawkian's Guide (Thanks Hawkian!) and I think I know what I am doing now.

How many characters is everyone working on? Maybe 2-3 or more than that?

Capra

Man, GOTO just does not want to drop Candle Wolf Black today. Hoping to get my Agamemnon set up to 4* before continuing in the 30s. That and a Zombie Chopper... Too bad floors never want to spawn the materials I need.

Ah well. Hopefully after that I can make the final push to the end.

KodaRuss said:
Oh no, what have I started.

My dear, sweet Summer child...

After about a week of farming, last night felt great. I killed three midbosses in one tower run (with the last one being Goto on floor 37, if I remember correctly). Fun shrooms make life a lot easier. I went on this journey with 7 fun shrooms, 8 guard shrooms, 4 slowmungus, 6 sting, 5 Yoga, 5 gold snails for emergencies and had used a golden lifeshroom right before the Journey. While I didn't have much inventory space to work with, I was able to make quick work out of all three bosses. I'm getting close to the last boss (for now) and I'm at 200 hours. I love this game, I love the characters, and I'm really excited for future updates.

Frimaire

Oh no, what have I started. I just read through Hawkian's Guide (Thanks Hawkian!) and I think I know what I am doing now.

It varies depending on where you are in the game.
It's important to remember that all your early characters will become obsolete fairly quickly as you unlock new types and ranks of fighters.
In the beginning of the game there's not much point to grinding up a bunch of rank 1 All-rounders.

KodaRuss

It varies depending on where you are in the game.
It's important to remember that all your early characters will become obsolete fairly quickly as you unlock new types and ranks of fighters.
In the beginning of the game there's not much point to grinding up a bunch of rank 1 All-rounders.

Alright, guess it will take some time to unlock some new/better fighters then. Just wasnt sure how attached I should be to my starting fighter(s).

Frimaire

Alright, guess it will take some time to unlock some new/better fighters then. Just wasnt sure how attached I should be to my starting fighter(s).

You really shouldn't get too attached to any fighters.
The level cap for rank 1 fighters is around 25, to go past that you need to start a new rank 2 fighter.
The level cap for rank 2s is around 50, to go past that you need to start a new rank 3 character etc.
You'll need to keep starting new fighters/ stop using old ones as you unlock higher ranks.

As mentioned above, this game is much like Game of Thrones: don't get attached to any character. :D

I have eight characters currently, all of them rank 3 (which means I've destroyed every rank 1 and 2 character I had, obviously), expanding my freezer for a ninth slot. Leveling up a character from 1 to max level is pretty trivial once you reach a certain floor that has three golden snails worth 5000 exp each.

Atkison04

Can anyone give any guidance to what floors are the best to send expeditions to? I have a crap ton of guardshrooms, but I'm in desperate need of:
Fun fungus
Transparent fungus (forget the name atm)
And slow shrooms.

Any good expedition farming for those? I don't want to have to actually go myself lol

hyp

Can anyone give any guidance to what floors are the best to send expeditions to? I have a crap ton of guardshrooms, but I'm in desperate need of:
Fun fungus
Transparent fungus (forget the name atm)
And slow shrooms.

Any good expedition farming for those? I don't want to have to actually go myself lol

i get really good results farming slowshrooms from KAWABE 22F.

hyp

i just got into this vicious cycle of trying to upgrade all my blueprints for no reason. can't help myself. there's so many things you can do in this game, especially if you have OCD-like tendencies. the problem i'm having now is not having enough SPL.

hbkdx12

i just got into this vicious cycle of trying to upgrade all my blueprints for no reason. can't help myself. there's so many things you can do in this game, especially if you have OCD-like tendencies. the problem i'm having now is not having enough SPL.

I have the exact opposite problem. Pretty much all my reward box slots are filled with SPL. I would love to spend it but grinding these metals is a pain

hyp

I have the exact opposite problem. Pretty much all my reward box slots are filled with SPL. I would love to spend it but grinding these metals is a pain

wish we could trade. i'm filled to the brim with gold in my rewards box.

hbkdx12

wish we could trade. i'm filled to the brim with gold in my rewards box.

I have a bunch of gold too but i take it all. I keep my SPL under 1000 to keep from being raiding. I'm at like 200k in gold with nothing really valuable to spend it on at the moment

Just pulled in my expeditions. Things of note....

chest armor with 1000+ health
Leggings with over 700+ health
level 4 machete that i can't craft
level 4 clever saber that i can't craft

All these things are half used and then i come across my very first fun fungus. I had to look up how to use it to make sure i wasn't wasting it by mistake. Threw all them things on, popped the shroom and now i got all this fully durable gear i wouldn't otherwise have

I'm ready for the okusa rotation so i can push my way to floor 35 and get the grade 5 fighters

Top Bottom