• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Remember, weapon stats carry across characters, hitting level 20 with any weapon gives it an insane boost in damage (level 19 is +51% damage, level 20 is +61% damage)
Shit, I need to keep crafting machetes and boost those skills on the first floor. Only thing powerful are my two hands!

How do you capture players when raiding them? Other then my first raid capturing a lvl 1, it never worked again for me.

It's random that after defeating an enemy fighter they get stars over their heads, allowing you to capture them. Seems relatively rare.

Does this game have much of a story past the introduction? I'm not a fan of the gameplay, but the setting and characters intrigue me

There is. The comic book pages you collect on the tower tell the story of the bosses, Mother Barbs videos in the arcade have further background info, and the bosses have some character cutscenes too.

(Only seen the first boss cutscene, but it may have been one of the best I've seen in a long time)

bombshell

LET IT DIE is currently available in the following territories:

United States of America
Canada
Australia
New Zealand
Bulgaria
Croatia
Cyprus
Czech Republic
France
Germany
Greece
Hungary
Iceland
India
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Malta
Romania
Slovakia
Slovenia
South Africa
Spain
UK

If you are outside of these territories, you will not be able to download the game. We are currently considering additional regions and will update everyone as soon as we have official information to share. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

What a pathetically limited and seemingly random selection of countries. Iceland, but not any Scandinavian countries?!

Justified

I'm reading about characters that are level 60 and such, but mine appears to be stuck at 25? How do I raise the cap?

Create a new fighter when the higher ranks are available. As you progress up the floors you will get emails from Uncle Death letting you know the new ones are ready

Making bank raiding these bots that have 2k spirits

I didnt pay attention during the few raids I ran, but do you get EXP also?

Varg

Banned
If it's any consolation, throwing the explosive shroom would have probably hit you too. If it's the area I think of (in floor 3, description matches it to a tee), that was a bitch for me too, but I managed to survive it by circling them tirelessly and letting them hit each other. Man it was fun to watch the map itinerary replay on that. :D

Unless I'm understanding your question wrong, you don't "capture" players; you get your own haterized characters back if you find them and kill them. Your very first character, the one you play at the tutorial, gets killed by a sniper; and then your second character faces them as the first thing they do, to show this mechanic. But it can happen again if you die, don't pay to resurrect, and then find and kill their haterized form with another character.

No, in my first raid , one of the enemies characters got defeated by me and was on the floor in a dazed manner. I was able to pick him up and bring him back on the train with me and keep him hostage in my bathroom. I tried to do it again but it hasn't given me the option again . Not sure if I have to do something special to trigger the dazed state or if it's just random.

Varg

Banned
It's random that after defeating an enemy fighter they get stars over their heads, allowing you to capture them. Seems relatively rare.

There is. The comic book pages you collect on the tower tell the story of the bosses, Mother Barbs videos in the arcade have further background info, and the bosses have some character cutscenes too.

(Only seen the first boss cutscene, but it may have been one of the best I've seen in a long time)

Ah ok so random. Thank you.

delSai

I didnt plan raiding anyone because that seems asshole-ish, but now that i did it to get my revenge on someone, i can totally see the benefits. Got me a bigger Freezer and Bank super fast.

Have they resolved the sever issues since launch? Really want to get back in. I've been busy all week.

I had 0 problems.

Justified

So there isn't a lift on every level?

I sometimes get confused coming out of a lift and will end up at the down escalator!

It a lift on every Floor yes, but not every room/section.

Sometime you have to go down to another floor and go back up to the middle section where all lifts/elevators live

Se_7_eN

Am I the only one amazed at how much game is here for a F2P game?

I really wasn't expecting this much out of it, since it was kind of a "Oh, btw... This launches today for free on the store".

Negaduck

I love that this game is a little janky. It makes it feel like you are still just playing a video game.

Kiting mobs around and just letting them kill each other is so fun. Takes a while but I love rooms full of bad guys lol.

MomoMura

Been leveling different types of characters. Striker and Collector are by far my favorite. Skill Master and Attacker were trash tbh

Right now gonna try to max a shooter and try that out. No idea what the benefit of lucky star is though?? A chance at better loot and/or higher crit chance??

Omg. I'm in such pain right now. My first expedition into the 2nd area. Running a grade 2 collector that I did a quick run with in the first area. Was stocked up on supplies and was making a good run into strange and scary territory. I'm packed with blueprints and materials. If only I could make it back to the elevator, but I have no idea where I am so I'm slowly just creeping around making sure I can survive until I find an elevator.
When suddenly I hear a sound like am alarm blare up in my speakers. I'm wondering wtf it is but I continue to creep along. Until I see a level 200 dude walking right down the path I need to go to make it to the elevator. Another alarm blare and he turns around. It's one of the jackals, the dude with the gun. He teleports near me and I try to make a beeline for the elevator. I get one shot in the back.

I think I'm done for a few hours.

Tizoc

So should I switch my character with any that return from an expedition?
Also how do I increase my death bag limit again?

Oh and for those that hadn't figured it out yet, Meijin being a pro gamer is a nod to
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takahashi_Meijin
Then again Meijin means a professional in a field or the like so it counts still :p
Man I wish Uncle Death would call me more in the tower, I like his ramblings.

So should I switch my character with any that return from an expedition?
Also how do I increase my death bag limit again?

Oh and for those that hadn't figured it out yet, Meijin being a pro gamer is a nod to
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takahashi_Meijin
Then again Meijin means a professional in a field or the like so it counts still :p
Man I wish Uncle Death would call me more in the tower, I like his ramblings.

Different bodies have different bag sizes, collectors have the most and higher grade bodies have a slot ortwo more thsn yhe previous grade.

I like how Meijin has 8 frames to hand out tips during his ultra combo. That dude would be the best at pre-patch SF5.

Vic_Viper

Got a few questions for people further ahead than myself.

Highest floor I've gotten to is 3 but I've already almost maxed out all my attributes. What happens when I have maxed everything out (5 on each stat)? Are you just supposed to start playing another character?

My guy is discribed as an all arpunder, how to I pick a fighter or one of the other classes?

Anyone find any Katana like swords? If so what level were you on?

MaKTaiL

Highest floor I've gotten to is 3 but I've already almost maxed out all my attributes. What happens when I have maxed everything out (5 on each stat)? Are you just supposed to start playing another character?

My guy is discribed as an all arpunder, how to I pick a fighter or one of the other classes?

Once you reach Floor 6 you will unlock 2 new fighters to buy.

audio_delay

Neo Member

If you used up all your free slots in the freezer, you can either buy a new slot using splitium or recycle one of your current fighters. You will unlock new classes as you progress futher. But save it until you beat the first boss, Max, on stage 10. After level 10 you get access to class 2 fighters, that have a max level of 50.
But after finsihing the first mini boss i think you get access to collector and striker, iirc. Like i said it might be better to wait until you get to stage 10, unless you want the collector to gather items for R&D.
Not sure if there a katana, but you can get a machete around stage 10 or less. IIRC you can find them in the red boxes before stage 10, if you are lucky.

Caim

The preview at PAX West mentioned two-handed katanas.

I'm not sure where the blueprints are though.

Vic_Viper

Thanks. This game sounds really deep now after learning about all that lol. Been kinda holding off until finishing FFXV.

Got so excited about the free time I had I used an express day pass even though I was planning to raid a lot. Whoops. At least the train ride looks cool

Has anyone gotten anything besides gold from the gold boxes? (the suitcase looking ones, not the one in your waiting room), I'm starting to consider ignoring them if they're in the arena looking rooms.

Edit: You can't get raided while you're playing right? I'm gonna set my radio station to 000 and stack all my fighters in the actual waiting room so people think it's a freebie at first

Got so excited about the free time I had I used an express day pass even though I was planning to raid a lot. Whoops. At least the train ride looks cool

Has anyone gotten anything besides gold from the gold boxes? (the suitcase looking ones, not the one in your waiting room), I'm starting to consider ignoring them if they're in the arena looking rooms.

Edit: You can't get raided while you're playing right? I'm gonna set my radio station to 000 and stack all my fighters in the actual waiting room so people think it's a freebie at first
I've gotten (rare?) materials from those gold cases. You absolutely can get raided while you are playing, as long as you aren't in your waiting room.

I've gotten (rare?) materials from those gold cases. You absolutely can get raided while you are playing, as long as you aren't in your waiting room.

Ah okay, it's the waiting room that's the trigger.

I'm trying to grind to get the freezer expansion that costs 32k. I feel like this is a mistake until I get better teams, but I'm gonna go for it.

There's a character I saw with like 2000+ souls (or whatever the blue currency is), I tried to raid them and the game crashed. The hell is up with that? This happened twice. First time I thought it was just a regular crash. Twice? Fuck that. I'll screencap it if I see them again.

MaKTaiL

What's the highest floor registered so far? I've seen 30th Floor a few days ago on Reddit. The level design for that floor looked awesome (Dark Souls like).

Demoskinos

This game is so fucking rad. Just finished the 10th floor and beat the first boss. Going to get a Tier 2 All-Rounder leveled up then make a bit of headway into the next few floors and then start replacing all my current crew with new Grade-2 versions.

There's a character I saw with like 2000+ souls (or whatever the blue currency is), I tried to raid them and the game crashed. The hell is up with that? This happened twice. First time I thought it was just a regular crash. Twice? Fuck that. I'll screencap it if I see them again.

If their name started with YTYMk-1@ then they're NPCs. You can get them to show up in the raid list by backing out and selecting raid over and over again. I usually find one after 3 or 4 tries. They're easy, have predictable numbers of defenders, and always have decent amounts of kill coins and splithium. I've invaded about 30 NPCs and never had a retaliation invasion from one. I've yet to see any real person with as much currency banked as an NPC but I don't do TDM very much.

If their name started with YTYMk-1@ then they're NPCs. You can get them to show up in the raid list by backing out and selecting raid over and over again. I usually find one after 3 or 4 tries. They're easy, have predictable numbers of defenders, and always have decent amounts of kill coins and splithium. I've invaded about 30 NPCs and never had a retaliation invasion from one. I've yet to see any real person with as much currency banked as an NPC but I don't do TDM very much.

No, it wasn't a bot, it was something Blankets, definitely not the YTYM thing. Wish I could get the video, but the game crashing means it didn't save.

Top Bottom