• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

I dread the cpu haters. They are always better equipped than the player ones!

Just the level gap seems to be determined by your highest level char, and not your current one... Which is rough. I can deal with haters otherwise, but yea, they pick the cream of the crop guys, always the double machetes and snipers in a tight hallway facing you that are the most dangerous. Especially since throwing mushrooms and stuff is really clunky.

They are useful in a few contexts. First you can grill beasts with them. Find a frog or a rat? Shoot a firework at them and instant grilled treat.

The rage attack is actually also quite useful, just don' stand too close. Also gets rid of it which is nice lol.

Also, anyone notice that when you scavenge a fighter after death, even though it says it costs something like say 17k, it actually only takes a fraction of that to actually get them back.

Caim

Which one did you run into? I ran into the guy in the cool white suit who shot me with some laser gun maybe through a wall for 8000 damage. Do they all have a projectile?

Also didn't notice the no option to resurrect. That makes a lot of sense. I'm surprised almost that they wouldn't let you do that since F2P and cheesing.

I went back and had a look at one of the previews that previewed the Jackals and the one that killed me was Z aka Traci Lords.

She has laser yoyo and I guess the one you encountered has the gun.

I wish the radio stations mixed up the tracks a bit more. The Her Name In Blood track is amazing, but I feel like I heard it 50% of the time when I left it on the radio stations. Now I just pick a different song when I check my quests.

Found the song that plays when you first see the Jackals, that's a pretty good one.

I wish the radio stations mixed up the tracks a bit more. The Her Name In Blood track is amazing, but I feel like I heard it 50% of the time when I left it on the radio stations. Now I just pick a different song when I check my quests.

Found the song that plays when you first see the Jackals, that's a pretty good one.

There's so many songs, there's not a random station right?

001 is a shuffle station with the interstitials. Much better than the fixed order of 000. Haven't felt like there has been much repetition there.

There's so many songs, there's not a random station right?

Unfortunately it doesn't seem that way. The two "radio stations" just seem to be playing a playlist.

Edit: Or maybe there is

001 is a shuffle station with the interstitials. Much better than the fixed order of 000. Haven't felt like there has been much repetition there.

Oh really? I'll try using it again.Maybe I just picked 000 twice in a row

Rank 4 baybeee
The midboss on 23 is very difficult if you go in unprepared.
The cloaking is optional but I found it made my life easier to eat all the shrooms I needed at the beginning of the fight (attack+, defense+, infinite stamina), as well as wail on it a bit before it wore off.
The random shroom is a big help. Toss it on the floor and when the boss starts to glow red, it will eat the shroom and become dizzy and knock itself out for a few moments. So bring a few of them.

Also make sure to deck yourself out in scavenged gear from 21-23 or it'll be much more difficult.

Ryuuga

Banned
Damn, yeah, that's a long haul without knowing if you've gone wrong somewhere. Shame so much free death metal is locked behind these sorts of quests.

Where do they take feedback? I'd like to send them a similar message.

I'm just hitting up @Grasshopper_EN. I also might have a friend translate what I said for the JP twitter account.

Has anyone gotten to the top floor yet?

Suda51

I hope there isn't a top floor

Suda51

As of level 25,
it doesn't seem like we're getting much closer to the top if you pan the camera up. I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a top floor yet and they just keep expanding it with more and more levels if the game is successful.

Fight is on between California and the UK. Looks like it locks you out of raid choices, and you only get a single raid option.

Time to ride the metro for the glory of my native Golden State! (And whatever sweet rewards of course)

OniBaka

Also, anyone notice that when you scavenge a fighter after death, even though it says it costs something like say 17k, it actually only takes a fraction of that to actually get them back.
That's because you are getting the money back from that character run you revived.

darklin0

Banned
I ran into a Jackal and I was like, "The email said it gives you sweet loot if you kill one, it is my time to shine!"

I got OHK. LMAO!

Fight is on between California and the UK. Looks like it locks you out of raid choices, and you only get a single raid option.

Time to ride the metro for the glory of my native Golden State! (And whatever sweet rewards of course)

Lets take those Brexiters down!
My only gripe is that it takes longer to load in and out of a raid than me participating in one.

bronk

Banned
If anyone can find or capture a high resolution picture of the opening artwork when you first start the game id greatly appreciate it. Wanna use it as my computer wallpaper.

The raid settings are all kinds of messed up. Just went into a Rank 30 defense and every single one of his characters were 71. I managed to kill three before running out. I was only on my level 38 guy so that was just rediculous. He had like 7 on defense too. How the hell do people have that much time. I wanna do raids because it's a good way to earn resources, but if I'm just going into a nest of guys twice my level every time...

Also no way to purchase an express pass currently eh?

Shin-Ra

If anyone can find or capture a high resolution picture of the opening artwork when you first start the game id greatly appreciate it. Wanna use it as my computer wallpaper.
30643381913_20b5ed36b8_o.png

Hmm, so it looks like you can participate in the regional fights until you lose. Then it goes back to normal raiding.

Had a string of five wins, then ran up against a finely tuned group of 7 level 50s with rank 2 machetes. Got through about half before I slipped up.

Welp, good luck California, hope my 632 fight points help us to victory.

Are you sure you have the stat requirements for them? Some require a certain lvl in strength etc or high enough hp to use.

I definitely do. They just aren't in more store at all though. Regardless. Like I've received the blueprints, and now I just get the ones you can sell to the vendor. But I cannot build any of the guns I received blueprints for.

OniBaka

I definitely do. They just aren't in more store at all though. Regardless. Like I've received the blueprints, and now I just get the ones you can sell to the vendor. But I cannot build any of the guns I received blueprints for.
Have you built the items that you got blueprints for first? You need to do that before it becomes available to buy.

Alastor3

I need helllp! I have a hard time killing the lvl 10 boss. First because I don't have much healing items because frogs don't give that much and second because I didn't really find good blueprint for better weapon than the hammer...

and he move way too fast wtf

I need helllp! I have a hard time killing the lvl 10 boss. First because I don't have much healing items because frogs don't give that much and second because I didn't really find good blueprint for better weapon than the hammer...

and he move way too fast wtf

I used a crossbow to peck at him and occasional punches after his shots or stomps, rolled around, poison. Cook the frogs in the fire at base to get more out of them.

Bebpo

Banned
Suda51

Idk, I guess I'm just kind of old-school and never gotten into MP/F2P or anything without a clear single player ending, but I feel like if there's no end, then there's no motivation to play the game. Like if it just keeps going on and on then you're never really making progress and it doesn't feel worthwhile to me. A Dark Souls game without an ending would be one I'd skip completely.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Im getting a Manhunt vibe too from this...Its like Soulshunt..no thats terrible. DemonMan...no...MANBORNE..thats it.

Please stop trying! Haha xD

... DARK HUNT!

I'll get my coat.

That would be fine, though it still wouldn't fix the poster's issues, as they're using a DS3. There's no way to fit all of the controls in without using the touchpad.

Pretty sure they could find a way. Not sure what the limitations are with having multiple layouts or even full custom rebinds, but just because you've adjusted doesn't mean it can't be better (or more accessible) than it is.

You could have a setting that frees up the touch pad and relegates all inventory management to the Start menu.

At the very least, you could improve lock-on by actually locking the camera to the enemy (and making the controls camera-relative), using R stick to toggle targets, thereby making D-pad Up available. (Honestly, "UP" is probably the last button I'd think to try switching targets. Thankfully someone pointed it out earlier, as it's so unintuitive.)

The person you're responding to says they can't press the stick buttons due to a disability. That means they can't lock on or even sprint. Most games have an alternate solution for this (soft lock targeting, different button layouts, etc.). It's not out of the question to expect basic control customisation.

Alastor3

I used a crossbow to peck at him and occasional punches after his shots or stomps, rolled around, poison. Cook the frogs in the fire at base to get more out of them.

That's my problem, frog doesnt give me anything anymore, even cooked...

Any place to farm good medium heal?

Pretty sure they could find a way. Not sure what the limitations are with having multiple layouts or even full custom rebinds, but just because you've adjusted doesn't mean it can't be better (or more accessible) than it is.

You could have a setting that frees up the touch pad and relegates all inventory management to the Start menu.

At the very least, you could improve lock-on by actually locking the camera to the enemy (and making the controls camera-relative), using R stick to toggle targets, thereby making D-pad Up available. (Honestly, "UP" is probably the last button I'd think to try switching targets. Thankfully someone pointed it out earlier, as it's so unintuitive.)

The person you're responding to says they can't press the stick buttons due to a disability. That means they can't lock on or even sprint. Most games have an alternate solution for this (soft lock targeting, different button layouts, etc.). It's not out of the question to expect basic control customisation.

Can you set custom controls yourself via the OS? Can't really address the touchpad that way, but could fix other issues such as sprint.

There's a lot I really love about the game but after 3 hours or so I'm having issue with sense of progression. I've leveled up quite a bit but since gear breaks so fast and can't be repaired I'm still using my fists so much of the time and fighting mostly naked.

In Souls games by this point I would have several armor sets weapons upgraded a little some spells etc. Do I always feel so underpowered or will this change? I found a bunch of BPs like one for a crossbow but I don't have materials to make anything. And I have no stickers and haven't used the mushroom cooking area at all.

Any advice? I want to keep playing but with so many other things to do and other games I need a stronger sense of where this is going.

GungHo twitch account just popped in to a stream and said maintenence will be starting tonight at 10 PST lasting until 1 PST
Stay safe and watch the clock

Renkax

I don't think I ever smiled hard on a cutscene than the Jackals. Which was playing in their cutscene ?!

Edit: found the name it's Survive said the prophet - Let it die but it isn't in the in-game radio :( do I unlock more songs as I progress in the game?

why do people keep talking about machetes? should I feel bad that I'm using a lot or resources leveling up something else like bats if machete is top tier op or something?

I guess same question with guns vs the crossbow I'm using

MaKTaiL

There's a lot I really love about the game but after 3 hours or so I'm having issue with sense of progression. I've leveled up quite a bit but since gear breaks so fast and can't be repaired I'm still using my fists so much of the time and fighting mostly naked.

In Souls games by this point I would have several armor sets weapons upgraded a little some spells etc. Do I always feel so underpowered or will this change? I found a bunch of BPs like one for a crossbow but I don't have materials to make anything. And I have no stickers and haven't used the mushroom cooking area at all.

Any advice? I want to keep playing but with so many other things to do and other games I need a stronger sense of where this is going.
Once you find blueprints for weapons and gear it will be better. When you craft them they come with full durability and last for quite a while.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Can you set custom controls yourself via the OS? Can't really address the touchpad that way, but could fix other issues such as sprint.

I guess that's fine as a last resort solution. Would be nice if Playstation allowed those to be set per-game. Having to customise via OS every time you change games is a pretty big inconvenience, on top of already not being able to use the whole controller.

Either way, is a few rebind/layout options so much to ask? Would have thought most people would be on the same page about this. It's not like it's a super complex game that absolutely requires every single part of the controller to have a different function. Some of it could be easily made more streamlined.

Nothing personal towards you or the game (I'm loving it). I don't think I'm alone in thinking the controls could be somewhat improved (even for those of us fortunate enough to have full use of our hands).

why do people keep talking about machetes? should I feel bad that I'm using a lot or resources leveling up something else like bats if machete is top tier op or something?

I guess same question with guns vs the crossbow I'm using

What floor are you on? Machete's are just really good because of how fast they with fairly wide arc attacks, fast recovery, closer R1/L1 attack and how high of damage they do because of the combo. Nothing wrong with not using them though, it's mainly just a really good choice to give the AI for defense since even though the AI is kind of meh, with machetes they still do pretty well.

Question for you guys, below level 15 or so, what is the best farming route you guys know of? I need to rack up some coins to recover some guys and get some gear. Thus far I've gone solely from scavenging only, but that's starting to seem like a bad idea.

Do I need to hit a certain floor level for a machete blueprint.

I have like 3 rows of prints, but still can't find it.

I'm about to fight the level 6 boss.

Sundayafternoon

Neo Member
Man I love the whole asthetic of this game as with all other grasshopper games but man this feels bad and the F2P part really doesnt speak to me I wish it wasnt that way.

Also is everyone forgetting how good Killer Is Dead felt? Why are people saying bad controls are a thing for grasshopper? Killer 7 felt OKAY and Shadows of the damned felt better.

squidyj

I keep getting this bug where I try to go up in the elevator and i get dumped back to the freezer without being able to control my char. I have to switch to another fighter and then switch back to be able to play.

Ok... someone tell me if I've been a complete idiot. Do all your characters share exp through the Mingo Head? If so I've wasted so many resources and so much time going out and getting killed by level 60's and stuff as a low level char to level.

I keep getting this bug where I try to go up in the elevator and i get dumped back to the freezer without being able to control my char. I have to switch to another fighter and then switch back to be able to play.

First I've heard of the issue. You've tried restarting your console obviously?

Top Bottom