• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

OniBaka

Ok... someone tell me if I've been a complete idiot. Do all your characters share exp through the Mingo Head? If so I've wasted so many resources and so much time going out and getting killed by level 60's and stuff as a low level char to level.
No they don't, only weapon mastery is shared.

Skrams

I don't think it's that weird to think of Suda's games as being a bit clunky. I didn't play Killer is Dead, but my last foray was Shadow of the Damned. It's good enough, but it still has that we're still feeling this out vibe to it for myself.

I really need to come up with some kind of game plan for the floor 10 boss. Some of his stun locks just fucking destroy me. Meijin gave the tip about the edge, but still, that tiny arena is just death. I'll bring in some poison and heavy hitting shit next time I guess. If I'm lucky a few Rage Crossbow shots could be devastating.

Do I need to hit a certain floor level for a machete blueprint.

I have like 3 rows of prints, but still can't find it.

I'm about to fight the level 6 boss.

Just have to get lucky. I found a machete blueprint and I haven't beaten the floor 10 boss yet.

Ok... someone tell me if I've been a complete idiot. Do all your characters share exp through the Mingo Head? If so I've wasted so many resources and so much time going out and getting killed by level 60's and stuff as a low level char to level.

Each character has to get their own EXP as far as I remember. If it was shared then that would make it even easier.

The raid settings are all kinds of messed up. Just went into a Rank 30 defense and every single one of his characters were 71. I managed to kill three before running out. I was only on my level 38 guy so that was just rediculous. He had like 7 on defense too. How the hell do people have that much time. I wanna do raids because it's a good way to earn resources, but if I'm just going into a nest of guys twice my level every time...

Also no way to purchase an express pass currently eh?

I just keep exiting and talking to Tetsuo again until I find a Yotsuma raid. They give me much more than normal players, 2k+ coins and splithium, and they seem to only have 3 guys on defense each time. Though they will use guns, machetes, and butterfly knives. But at this point anything with grade 2 and up will have that kind of gear.

I have the blueprints for the priest set and it has great defense, but man those shoes are fucking ugly. I should feel bad that I still use +2 DIY pants, even though it has like a third of the defense of what I can be wearing lol.

OniBaka

I really need to come up with some kind of game plan for the floor 10 boss. Some of his stun locks just fucking destroy me. Meijin gave the tip about the edge, but still, that tiny arena is just death. I'll bring in some poison and heavy hitting shit next time I guess. If I'm lucky a few Rage Crossbow shots could be devastating.
I used a revolver and beat him pretty easy on my first try.

Now that I'm fighting level 30-40 Haters, seeing the machete everywhere. What's the big deal with it? I have the blueprint but haven't developed it yet.

Reading through this thread, if you guys have lowbies and run into high level haters, remember to stomp frogs and use the tear gas shroom. It gives you a few seconds to run away or around the enemy, long enough to lose line of sight, which is important because the LOS in this game seems to basically be pretty damn far, so you have to try to turn a corner or something. Just be wary about running into your own tear gas cloud, it will stun you too.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
I used a revolver and beat him pretty easy on my first try.

I use one too. It kills people in no more than 2 hits because it looks like the jokers 'handgun' from the first big batman movie. That shit was basically a skinny cannon. Full of One Shots.

I'll bring some magnums in to see how they deal with him. I might just be too focused on dodging instead of laying the fucking smack into him to keep him stunned.

The magnums will make it easy mode. I know it depends on RNG, but even with decent RNG, i've one shot Level 15 haters. with it. And I don't think that should be possible at level 12. At least I personally don't think so. So, someone correct me so I can leave a certain theory I have, expunged from my delicate grey/gray/grae matter.

Now that I'm fighting level 30-40 Haters, seeing the machete everywhere. What's the big deal with it? I have the blueprint but haven't developed it yet.

From my earlier post

What floor are you on? Machete's are just really good because of how fast they with fairly wide arc attacks, fast recovery, closer R1/L1 attack and how high of damage they do because of the combo/stunlock. Nothing wrong with not using them though, it's mainly just a really good choice to give the AI for defense since even though the AI is kind of meh, with machetes they still do pretty well.

Question for you guys, below level 15 or so, what is the best farming route you guys know of? I need to rack up some coins to recover some guys and get some gear. Thus far I've gone solely from scavenging only, but that's starting to seem like a bad idea.

From my earlier post

Ah okay, my crutch weapon has been the iron hammer. Getting that to 20 has been an absolute monster for me. Almost have the bat there too, but it's not even close to as good.

The hockey stick is a lot of fun though. Might get that up there.

Edit: The in-game reminders about maintenance are nice

For the love of god, every hater even on low levels is 60 with a sniper rifle or dual machetes and full armor.

On the plus side I'm getting lots of snipers.

For the love of god, every hater even on low levels is 60 with a sniper rifle or dual machetes and full armor.

Yeah they really need to get something in order to keep the fighters in their respectable floors. Like 1 star haters on floor 10 and below type of thing.

But I am really liking the whole raiding aspect of the game. Got online tonight tp find out I got raided like 7 times in the past 24 hrs. Luckily someone saved my captured fighter. Got some revenge where i could. California and the UK are really heating up.. Interested to see who wins. Us (Michigan) and Ohio are just starting up. Can't wait to get into the match with them

I got fucked today so hard in this game. Lost 10 or so holographic decals while raiding. Kept dying over and over again 5 of my 9 fighters are dead. Anytime I get enough cash to bring one back, I die. Brutal day.

Ah got it.
I'm at the 5th floor at the moment,the game is a blast, I really wished it was on PC though, feel like it would do better there.

Considering how well souls type games do on PC, yea. I'd love it on PC too, but honestly I'm happy with the performance generally. A few dips here and there, but usually only during executions and such.

darklin0

Banned
The load times for TDM are killing me. It is easily the best way to farm but I am going insane waiting for these load screens.

Siegmeyer

Quests are shared between characters right?

I thought they were but many available quests for me have gone (such as kill Jin Die and kill Coen x3), and I'm not sure if it's because I switched from my maxed all-rounder to a Fighter.

Doing the touchpad for consumables was a terrible idea. Sadly, also no changes to the store afaik.

Quests are shared between characters right?

I thought they were but many available quests for me have gone (such as kill Jin Die and kill Coen x3), and I'm not sure if it's because I switched from my maxed all-rounder to a Fighter.

Yea. Quests are per account.

Lulz, I found 2 new blueprints on floor 6, took em back to base...they were both jungle machete.

Found them in the dead end circle area.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
So instead of quitting out to the title screen I just put my PS4 in rest mode in the lobby. Have I fucked up? I don't want my guy to die during maintenance :(

tamminen

Got locked inside a small area with three enemies and I ate an explosive shroom. Yeah takes some time to get used to that touchpad..

Im progressing reeeeally slowly. Im so bad at games where items break so quickly so Im just hoarding them and too afraid to actually use them. Ive killed Coen but Im just kinda rushing floors 1 and 2 for.... Fun I guess? I just dont want my first character to die :(

Got locked inside a small area with three enemies and I ate an explosive shroom. Yeah takes some time to get used to that touchpad..

Im progressing reeeeally slowly. Im so bad at games where items break so quickly so Im just hoarding them and too afraid to actually use them. Ive killed Coen but Im just kinda rushing floors 1 and 2 for.... Fun I guess? I just dont want my first character to die :(

Honestly for farming currency its the best way. Money gained doesn't increase too much later on from what I've played considering how much more dangerous it gets. Bum rushing the first few floors gives you a healthy amount of cash. However don't really be worried about dying on the lower floors. it costs very little to scavenge them.

Varg

Banned
How do you capture players when raiding them? Other then my first raid capturing a lvl 1, it never worked again for me.

delSai

Question for you guys who play the game in the not supported places: Are you able to play on your regular account and not the one you created to DL it? A friend has some license issue with it.

And did we ever find out if the german version is censored? I want to delete the version i got from the US store to be able to spend cash on it.

Got locked inside a small area with three enemies and I ate an explosive shroom. Yeah takes some time to get used to that touchpad..(

If it's any consolation, throwing the explosive shroom would have probably hit you too. If it's the area I think of (in floor 3, description matches it to a tee), that was a bitch for me too, but I managed to survive it by circling them tirelessly and letting them hit each other. Man it was fun to watch the map itinerary replay on that. :D

How do you capture players when raiding them? Other then my first raid capturing a lvl 1, it never worked again for me.

Unless I'm understanding your question wrong, you don't "capture" players; you get your own haterized characters back if you find them and kill them. Your very first character, the one you play at the tutorial, gets killed by a sniper; and then your second character faces them as the first thing they do, to show this mechanic. But it can happen again if you die, don't pay to resurrect, and then find and kill their haterized form with another character.

Top Bottom