• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyon

Banned
James Franco bro is gay so of course he would look at Zac's ass. Also the twins<3333333 they don't have enough videos together I would smash any day and time

Delio

Another guy I like. Mostly because of his eyes.

71755_325825300872527_131037711_n.jpg

RM8

I feel like I'm 80 years old. Not sure if I mentioned it but I borrowed the Insanity DVDs from a friend's girlfriend. I wasn't sure when I was going to start (now I decided I'm starting this Monday) but just for the lulz I did the fit test yesterday. Lol, I wanted to be shot by the end of it. I actually didn't perform too bad, but MAN, I truly wanted to explode during the last couple of exercises :p I'm in such horrible condition, I kind of never notice because I'm an underweight guy and for some reason I have no problem with walking a ton. Oh well, I'm reading stories about people puking on their first day, so I guess I'm not that bad :p I'll try to stay motivated, I have an awful record of abandoning working out activities.

Mr. F

Banned
I feel like I'm 80 years old. Not sure if I mentioned it but I borrowed the Insanity DVDs from a friend's girlfriend. I wasn't sure when I was going to start (now I decided I'm starting this Monday) but just for the lulz I did the fit test yesterday. Lol, I wanted to be shot by the end of it. I actually didn't perform too bad, but MAN, I truly wanted to explode during the last couple of exercises :p I'm in such horrible condition, I kind of never notice because I'm an underweight guy and for some reason I have no problem with walking a ton. Oh well, I'm reading stories about people puking on their first day, so I guess I'm not that bad :p I'll try to stay motivated, I have an awful record of abandoning working out activities.

Haha I know the feeling (started last week). I felt kind of queasy after my first day, had to sit down for a few minutes afterwards because my legs were jelly.

It's a bit much at first, but it's important to go at your own pace and maintain form rather than try to match speed with or get as many reps as the people on the DVD.

Honestly dont worry about it.

I did the fit test last week... and wanted to die halfway through.

Eventually you will get better, it takes a while but hell after one month on insanity i could do about 20 chin ups, where a month prior i could do 2.

If you need to take a break, take a short one... my biggest problem is not following through as well :(

Menaged

I feel like I'm 80 years old. Not sure if I mentioned it but I borrowed the Insanity DVDs from a friend's girlfriend. I wasn't sure when I was going to start (now I decided I'm starting this Monday) but just for the lulz I did the fit test yesterday. Lol, I wanted to be shot by the end of it. I actually didn't perform too bad, but MAN, I truly wanted to explode during the last couple of exercises :p I'm in such horrible condition, I kind of never notice I'm an underweight guy and for some reason I have no problem with walking a ton. Oh well, I'm reading stories about people puking on their first day, so I guess I'm not that bad :p I'll try to stay motivated, I have an awful record of abandoning working out activities.

I think I understand you. I started insanity 3 weeks ago and wanted to die after the fit test. I didn't exercise at all in the last years.
But quickly you get into shape. 3 weeks later I feel so much better with myself, especially since I also changed my diet

Tldr, do it!

I did a reverse image search for this image on google and the automatic search description it gave was "young gymnast boys" WTF google?

Anyway he is Sam Oldham, UK gymnast, 20 years old.

Thank you for doing this, how would you like to be rewarded?

RM8

Haha I know the feeling (started last week). I felt kind of queasy after my first day, had to sit down for a few minutes afterwards because my legs were jelly.

It's a bit much at first, but it's important to go at your own pace and maintain form rather than try to match speed with or get as many reps as the people on the DVD.
Yeah, I don't really aim for a ton of badly done reps. I also don't want to do one rep and rest 15 seconds, though :p

Honestly dont worry about it.

I did the fit test last week... and wanted to die halfway through.

Eventually you will get better, it takes a while but hell after one month on insanity i could do about 20 chin ups, where a month prior i could do 2.

If you need to take a break, take a short one... my biggest problem is not following through as well :(
Man, I knoooooow. I'd be more consistent if it didn't take ages to see any results, I guess. But even if you're a complete noob like me it feels like when you have a level 90 Pokémon and grinding becomes an endless process with no progress or end in sight, lol.

I think I understand you. I started insanity 3 weeks ago and wanted to die after the fit test. I didn't exercise at all in the last years.
But quickly you get into shape. 3 weeks later I feel so much better with myself, especially since I also changed my diet

Tldr, do it!
Will keep doing it! But man, it's rough right now :p I was wondering if I should start with an easier program, but I also have been reading about people starting from zero and succeeding in the end, I guess I'll stick to it.

---
I LOVE the new "Pidgey"-type of Pokémon X/Y! <3 Hype hype.
pV1NPUI.png

Guys, help. I'm pretty sure I'm depressed but I really don't feel like having my dick stunted from medication. What do I do?

Talk to a therapist, they're not going to force you to go on medication or anything.

There probably are some things you can take that aren't SSRI's but you wouldn't likely use them in place of SSRI's if that makes sense.

Kangi

Guys, help. I'm pretty sure I'm depressed but I really don't feel like having my dick stunted from medication. What do I do?

Excercise, eat well, spend time outside during the day, get counseling, set up a routine sleep schedule that gets you lots of rest, etc. Medication can help, but it should be more of a last resort. And not just because of the reason you listed. >>

You're awful :(
=(

Oh, the NSFW stuff I have...

To clarify: I work out at least 4 times a week, get pretty good sleep, live well (as well as a 17-year-old can anyway), have steady employment, all of that. I know emotional problem solving skills and all that ridiculous shit.

I think I'm either lonely or I'm way too fatigued from living here with the family for so long. Minus the obvious financial reasons I'm just not attached to them the way a family member should be. I'm so ready to start Basic Training but we're not looking at everything until the end of the summer. Only problem is, as of late I've burned through the last of my friends I made in high school so there's nothing really left here for me anymore.

Maybe a steady relationship would help because it always has in the past way more than any relationship has the right to, but I grew up too quick. I think I already peaked as a person about six months ago and don't see things improving if I stay here. Problem is, at my age I should have plenty of close friends and well-established relationships so socializing shouldn't be an issue, but nobody really needs me the way they used to. If I want to talk to someone I've got to be the one asking all the questions, starting all the conversations. And it's about ten times worse if, god forbid, I actually want to hang out with them in person.

Once I get my name changed when I turn 18 on the 20th, should I look into joining the Air Force early?

EDIT: To further clarify clarify: I want to get on meds, but I don't have much else going for me beyond a sex life. I need highs back in my life - my family's got a long-standing history of addictive personalities. Working out's great and all but the testosterone doesn't last long enough. If I really wanted to I could fool some poor soul into getting me alcohol through grindr or something, but I just want something stable. I'm very very very critical of people too, which doesn't help. And I definitely don't feel like settling for something less at age 17.

To clarify: I work out at least 4 times a week, get pretty good sleep, live well (as well as a 17-year-old can anyway), have steady employment, all of that. I know emotional problem solving skills and all that ridiculous shit.

I think I'm either lonely or I'm way too fatigued from living here with the family for so long. Minus the obvious financial reasons I'm just not attached to them the way a family member should be. I'm so ready to start Basic Training but we're not looking at everything until the end of the summer. Only problem is, as of late I've burned through the last of my friends I made in high school so there's nothing really left here for me anymore.

Maybe a steady relationship would help because it always has in the past way more than any relationship has the right to, but I grew up too quick. I think I already peaked as a person about six months ago and don't see things improving if I stay here. Problem is, at my age I should have plenty of close friends and well-established relationships so socializing shouldn't be an issue, but nobody really needs me the way they used to. If I want to talk to someone I've got to be the one asking all the questions, starting all the conversations. And it's about ten times worse if, god forbid, I actually want to hang out with them in person.

Once I get my name changed when I turn 18 on the 20th, should I look into joining the Air Force early?

Do you think that doing all of that will make you happy, and not just temporarily entertain you or divert your attention from feeling crappy about stuff? Diversions can be fine, but it's just a stopgap not a solution. It's easy to attribute our sense of happiness to external factors but experience usually proves that it's something a lot more intimate/personal and less circumstantial than that.

Do you think that doing all of that will make you happy, and not just temporarily entertain you or divert your attention from feeling crappy about stuff? Diversions can be fine, but it's just a stopgap not a solution. It's easy to attribute our sense of happiness to external factors but experience usually proves that it's something a lot more intimate/personal and less circumstantial than that.

I honestly don't even know but I'm starting to question whether I should really wait 5+ years to try and find out.

I honestly don't even know but I'm starting to question whether I should really wait 5+ years to try and find out.

That's fair, I mostly just meant that there are reasons to see therapists apart from 'emotional problem solving'. Life as a human being is weird and complicated. What worked for me was thinking really hard about my values. This might be an extreme way of looking at it, but there's that old cliché that "one can't "serve two masters". If your life is finite and you can only really use it towards one thing that's important, what would that be, and why, how, etc? This isn't really comfortable 'advice' to give, because in my case it at least temporarily lead to nihilism. You will probably go through a lot of thoughts about it, eventually discarding most of them as meaningless or unsuitable, and you might start to think that there's nothing there at all so it's kind of dangerous in that way. But it's also kind of how you figure out what's important to you so you don't end up spending years on something that doesn't really matter and feeling like you went to a dead-end, and usually after all the scourging you find something 'real'. But even if you do decide to go in one direction, it's never really a waste. Just don't make serious life decisions out of desperation, that's the one thing that never really works out ever. I think it's because it's not really about the decision we're making, we feel like we're painted into a corner and all we care about is finding a way out, if that's the case it's no wonder that what we decide on eventually becomes a kind of prison too.

That's fair, I mostly just meant that there are reasons to see therapists apart from 'emotional problem solving'. Life as a human being is weird and complicated. What worked for me was thinking really hard about my values. This might be an extreme way of looking at it, but there's that old cliché that "one can't "serve two masters". If your life is finite and you can only really use it towards one thing that's important, what would that be, and why, how, etc? This isn't really comfortable 'advice' to give, because in my case it at least temporarily lead to nihilism. You will probably go through a lot of thoughts about it, eventually discarding most of them as meaningless or unsuitable, and you might start to think that there's nothing there at all so it's kind of dangerous in that way. But it's also kind of how you figure out what's important to you so you don't end up spending years on something that doesn't really matter and feeling like you went to a dead-end, and usually after all the scourging you find something 'real'. But even if you do decide to go in one direction, it's never really a waste. Just don't make serious life decisions out of desperation, that's the one thing that never really works out ever.

I understand that, but I live in northwest Florida of all places. So far the therapists haven't really done anything to help (I've gone for repeat sessions before with very little effect). If I could find someone better it'd be great.

As far as the military goes, it's not out of desperation; financially it's my only option because my parents had the foresight to not save up shit for my college funding along with a whole slew of other poor life choices. While I hope I'd find some people with similar interests, I'm worried it's just going to end up condensing more weirdos together; people here, no matter what job it is I'm working, just tend to be so damn off regardless of age, sex, race, etc.

I understand that, but I live in northwest Florida of all places. So far the therapists haven't really done anything to help (I've gone for repeat sessions before with very little effect). If I could find someone better it'd be great.

As far as the military goes, it's not out of desperation; financially it's my only option because my parents had the foresight to not save up shit for my college funding along with a whole slew of other poor life choices. While I hope I'd find some people with similar interests, I'm worried it's just going to end up condensing more weirdos together; people here, no matter what job it is I'm working, just tend to be so damn off regardless of age, sex, race, etc.

I don't think the problem is the plan you have, I'm not able to 'advise' you in any way beyond trying to point out potential blind spots. My point was not to not go ahead with your plans, but I wouldn't necessarily look at them as resolving where you are right now. It's not even that I necessarily think it won't, it might do enough to satisfy you. I can only really speak from my own experience where I placed a lot of hope in certain courses I would take in my life only to later learn that it didn't really change anything. As horribly cliché as it sounds, how you feel in your life is basically all attitude. I don't mean that in a bullshitty 'positive thinking!' way, we feel how we feel and we can't manipulate or delude ourselves about that at all and trying makes it worse. It's just that any decision you make is at best only a means to developing a better outlook, if we look at it that way and we're serious about it there's really no lack of opportunity to do that wherever we are. But yeah, ultimately we all have to eat and satisfy our financial/security needs to be able to do that.

I don't think the problem is the plan you have, I'm not able to 'advise' you in any way beyond trying to point out potential blind spots. My point was not to not go ahead with your plans, but I wouldn't necessarily look at them as resolving where you are right now. It's not even that I necessarily think it won't, it might do enough to satisfy you. I can only really speak from my own experience where I placed a lot of hope in certain courses I would take in my life only to later learn that it didn't really change anything. As horribly cliché as it sounds, how you feel in your life is basically all attitude. I don't mean that in a bullshitty 'positive thinking!' way, we feel how we feel and we can't manipulate or delude ourselves about that at all and trying makes it worse. It's just that any decision you make is at best only a means to developing a better outlook, if we look at it that way and we're serious about it there's really no lack of opportunity to do that wherever we are.

That's precisely why I want to look into antidepressants; I've done more than enough thinking and it's just making things worse. I need intervention and stability on a chemical level if I want to get anywhere. I've had multiple identity crises lately and nothing's pointing me in the direction that my life has some meaning to it - not even other people. Maybe it's just my tendency to get drawn towards people older than me but I can't think of a single person I know whose life has really changed for the better because of me or who really needs me anymore. Don't get me wrong, if I really wanted to have a happy self-contained life I'd have found purpose already. I just never really feel whole without the help of other people.

That's precisely why I want to look into antidepressants; I've done more than enough thinking and it's just making things worse. I need intervention and stability on a chemical level if I want to get anywhere. I've had multiple identity crises lately and nothing's pointing me in the direction that my life has some meaning to it - not even other people. Maybe it's just my tendency to get drawn towards people older than me but I can't think of a single person I know whose life has really changed for the better because of me or who really needs me anymore. Don't get me wrong, if I really wanted to have a happy self-contained life I'd have found purpose already. I just never really feel whole without the help of other people.

I think you should then. It does sound like a good therapist might help more though, knowing that it is hard to find a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom