• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daripad

Do you have an eating schedule? My brother helped me worked one out and it did pretty well for me.

I think I've explained this before here. I barely have time to prepare my breakfast and I have to eat it at school, like 2 hours after cooking it.
For the afternoon I have to eat at my aunt's house, I have no other option. I get home at night and I just eat what I can, because I have to do exercise and homework and study and have to wake up the next day very early.
When I'm on vacations (just two weeks left) I mean to accelerate this because I'm going at a crawl right now, but it is because I don't have enough time nor the conditions to make this work properly

RM8

No, I'm positive ice cream is delicious. I'd post pics but that'd be cruel, so here's some tofu:

btOoT98.jpg

daripad

Not that much, but the main thing is that I am myself French and thus I know I wouldn't like dating another Frenchy, ha.

But French accent is sexy.

Ice cream is awful anyway.

You are so wrong

Man, you can eat ice cream later when you have rock-hard abs :p It's not a life sentence.
Ok, that made ne laugh. The problem was that it is too hot here, I need something very cold and ice cream is the best option for that. But today is not my cheating day :(

RM8

I like tofu. Not by itself, but it can taste decent in some dishes like mapo doufu.

See, you can eat ice cream this week. I'll eat mapo doufu until December. Does that make you feel better? :p

I think I've explained this before here. I barely have time to prepare my breakfast and I have to eat it at school, like 2 hours after cooking it.
For the afternoon I have to eat at my aunt's house, I have no other option. I get home at night and I just eat what I can, because I have to do exercise and homework and study and have to wake up the next day very early.
When I'm on vacations (just two weeks left) I mean to accelerate this because I'm going at a crawl right now, but it is because I don't have enough time nor the conditions to make this work properly

Yeah, I can sympathize. I got classes from pretty much morning til' night, so for lunch and dinner I get a choice of fast food and cafeteria food.
Ok, that made ne laugh. The problem was that it is too hot here, I need something very cold and ice cream is the best option for that. But today is not my cheating day :(
The only cold thing you need is a glass of cold water.

So my aunt may think I am asexual...

This is kind of really awkward. Basically I've been in the closet for ~4 years (knew I was gay at ~16) and I don't even know why. I have a family that would lovingly accept me no matter what, but at this point I've been keeping it from them for so long that I think they'd be hurt by the fact that I lied about it for so long.

RM8

I had a chicken sandwich and a really huge cup of vanilla cappuccino which probably had twice the calories of the sandwich itself. I regret nothing (especially since I *gasp* skipped breakfast again, lol).

Sai-kun

Banned
what's not to like about food

it is delicious for u

had a hot dog, fries, and soup. *_* gonna make a bit of steak later when i get my sushi

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Does anyone here watch Vicious, starring Ian McKellen and Derek Jacobi?

3QwZG5a.png

I started watching it recently, and although it seemed like it would be completely stereotypical (which it is at times) it's very funny.

It's about two old men who are a couple, and their friends and neighbor. It's sitcom-y, but it's also really humorous and the jokes are well executed.

hateradio recommended.

So my aunt may think I am asexual...

This is kind of really awkward. Basically I've been in the closet for ~4 years (knew I was gay at ~16) and I don't even know why. I have a family that would lovingly accept me no matter what, but at this point I've been keeping it from them for so long that I think they'd be hurt by the fact that I lied about it for so long.

If you know they'll accept you, go for it. It'll just get more awkward the longer you wait.

KiN0

Yeah but I've already waited so long I feel it has reached the awkward threshold.

There's never a threshold for coming out. If you pick the moment right you'll just come out naturally. you could also try casually bringing your boyfriend over one day introduce him to the family. That way if worst comes to worst you'll have someone there supporting you.

beril

Does anyone here watch Vicious, starring Ian McKellen and Derek Jacobi?

3QwZG5a.png

I started watching it recently, and although it seemed like it would be completely stereotypical (which it is at times) it's very funny.

It's about two old men who are a couple, and their friends and neighbor. It's sitcom-y, but it's also really humorous and the jokes are well executed.

hateradio recommended.

Yes I really like it too. The jokes aren't particularly clever or original and everyone is kindof deliberately over acting, but somehow it's really charming and McKellens & Jacobis characters relationship is rather sweet despite both of them being incredibly nasty to each other most of the time

Menaged

Didn't keep track of the thread for a while, but if we're talking food...
I'm currently on a diet since I'm doing Insanity, but yesterday was terrible in this regard.
We had a "student day", which is basically a nice festival.
So I had a few drinks (tons of calories), and before I left I had some Churros with Dulce de leche. This shit is amazing beyond words. It was worth it...

Speaking of Insanity as well, my friend just told me that Shaun T is gay. That's it really, I have nothing to add on the subject :p

Alcoori

Yeah but I've already waited so long I feel it has reached the awkward threshold.

You're just finding excuses not to come out. It's awkward, so what? It'll stop being awkward when you come out. Who cares if they're sad you didn't come out right the second you knew you were gay? It's not about them, it's about you.

There's never a threshold for coming out. If you pick the moment right you'll just come out naturally. you could also try casually bringing your boyfriend over one day introduce him to the family. That way if worst comes to worst you'll have someone there supporting you.

Pfthahahahha.

Then I'll be waiting forever.

RM8

WHAT. Well, that's unexpected.

@CornBurrito: Man, if you're making "excuses" and stuff maybe you don't want to come out right now. I think that's fine - come out WHEN you want, IF you whant. It's your decision, it's not something you have to do ASAP just because.

@CornBurrito: Man, if you're making "excuses" and stuff maybe you don't want to come out right now. I think that's fine - come out WHEN you want, IF you whant. It's your decision, it's not something you have to do ASAP just because.

The thing is that I can't figure out why I don't want to come out.

I've always been like this though. I never let anyone see what I was doing on the TV or computer, even if it was entirely innocent. And I think this is the same sort of issue.

RM8

Well, I legit don't see any problem with that. It's not your obligation or anything. If you DO want to come out but feel like you can't do it for whatever reason, that's an issue. But if you don't want to come out at the moment, you're honestly in your right to keep it to yourself if it makes you feel more comfortable.

My God I had a crazy day today.
-Went walking to school because I overslept (There were only 3 periods today, I got to school when there were 10 minutes of 2nd period left :lol) Only to find out that my teacher rapped today and I missed it :c
-Went walking back home, on my way I dropped my folder and a bunch of papers slipped, then the papers got ran over by a car. I decide to say "Fuck it" and go to my house
-Then I realize that those papers where actually I important so I go back to where I dropped them and find them all!
-Forgot the keys to my house, locked out.
-Entered through the window in my room
-Broke a plastic part of the window

Now I'm just sitting here, thinking. Sure all this shitty stuff happened but I saw all my friends and everyone was happy to see me when I arrived to school it felt kind of nice xD

Menaged

I just watched the video as well - they're so adorable together :'(
Doing Insanity tomorrow will feel different for sure.

My God I had a crazy day today.

That's some weird stuff.
Quite lucky you found all these papers. But isn't it not so safe if you managed to enter your house through the window?

I just watched the video as well - they're so adorable together :'(
Doing Insanity tomorrow will feel different for sure.

That's some weird stuff.
Quite lucky you found all these papers. But isn't it not so safe if you managed to enter your house through the window?
Sure is, but it's because I always unlock my window so I can enter.
Just in case shit like that happens :/

Ty4on

No, cold water is horrible. I prefer it normal.
Hot water is normal now?
The thing is that I can't figure out why I don't want to come out.

I've always been like this though. I never let anyone see what I was doing on the TV or computer, even if it was entirely innocent. And I think this is the same sort of issue.
I know how you feel :/

Are you out to anyone? I made up a rule never to lie about my sexuality and when someone (finally) asked me it forced me to tell my parents. If it helps you for me I was talking about what I had done that day and ended by mumbling "and I came out" :p
I really wonder why it's so much easier to say that than to say it straight up. We don't have a word like gay here and instead use "homo" which just sounds strange
Now I'm just sitting here, thinking. Sure all this shitty stuff happened but I saw all my friends and everyone was happy to see me when I arrived to school it felt kind of nice xD
Knowing that people appreciate you is the best feeling. Been way too long since I've felt it.

Maledict

I remember making a New Years resolution when I was 20 that I was going to start coming out to people, and not lie anymore.

00:13 and my friend Lisa turns to me in front of everyone and just asks "come on then, are you gay or not?". I nervously said yes, at which point she turns to her boyfriend and claims a tenner off him for getting it right and winning their bet.

Apparently I hadn't been staring at her breasts which gave it away...

mantidor

I stare at breasts all the time, maybe I'm throwing off other guys gaydars that way? D:

I just find really hard to have a "general" focus on a person, like if I'm watching them talk, I can't just watch them, you know? I have to focus my attention in something, the eyes, the nose, the arm, and thats even too broad, when I stare at an arm I don't just stare at the arm, I need to focus on very specifics, like a mole or a hair. Breasts sometimes are way too invasive to not end up staring at them, usually its at the very start of the cleavage where my attention gets drawn.

I do try eyes as much as I can, but it is really hard for me, even when ignoring the shyness issue, I rather stare at the floor, but people always get the wrong impression that I'm not paying attention.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Yes I really like it too. The jokes aren't particularly clever or original and everyone is kindof deliberately over acting, but somehow it's really charming and McKellens & Jacobis characters relationship is rather sweet despite both of them being incredibly nasty to each other most of the time
It is a sitcom, so most of that is expected. However, I think when they get the jokes right, it's just amazing.

Didn't keep track of the thread for a while, but if we're talking food...
I'm currently on a diet since I'm doing Insanity, but yesterday was terrible in this regard.
We had a "student day", which is basically a nice festival.
So I had a few drinks (tons of calories), and before I left I had some Churros with Dulce de leche. This shit is amazing beyond words. It was worth it...

Speaking of Insanity as well, my friend just told me that Shaun T is gay. That's it really, I have nothing to add on the subject :p
Churros!

I don't know who those two guys are though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom