• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

Those shorts are incredible. Speaking of the character, I read a theory that benson might be gay and will be apart of the shows coverage of lgbt rights during 1969.

That would be interesting. I feel like something is up with Bob, and I wouldn't mind a new gay character.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man

He's very cute. Wish they showed more of his legs on Mad Men.

He was also on some USA show, where he had a few taking-off-clothes scenes with a female costar.

Those shorts are incredible. Speaking of the character, I read a theory that benson might be gay and will be apart of the shows coverage of lgbt rights during 1969.
The more gay scenes the better, but who knows. He was kinda flirting with Joan.

daripad

I'm feeling lonely lately. I really would like to have someone supporting me everyday. Fuck this world. I cannot get a partner for a number of reasons and I really need someone in these shitty days. Sometimes I wish I wasn't gay so I could save all this trouble.

Sorry for this guys, I don't feel too well and the depression thread is too depressing to even click it right now.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I am still pressed that there is no season 2. Sebastian Stan is my boo <3 Same with the show Kings<3 anyone remember that show?
Yeah, that's the first show I ever saw him in.

Sebastian_Stan_2007_Drama_League_Awards.jpg

Wiki image, kill it with fire.

I'm feeling lonely lately. I really would like to have someone supporting me everyday. Fuck this world. I cannot get a partner for a number of reasons and I really need someone in these shitty days. Sometimes I wish I wasn't gay so I could save all this trouble.

Sorry for this guys, I don't feel too well and the depression thread is too depressing to even click it right now.
Hey man, cheer up! Instead of thinking about it you should distract yourself with something else. Play some vidya, watch a movie, listen to music, dancer, or sing! You could also just ask one of your friends to hang out with you and just keep your mind off whatever is making you depressed.
Maybe interacting with your family a bit would help

daripad

Hey man, cheer up! Instead of thinking about it you should distract yourself with something else. Play some vidya, watch a movie, listen to music, dancer, or sing! You could also just ask one of your friends to hang out with you and just keep your mind off whatever is making you depressed.
Maybe interacting with your family a bit would help
I played Mario Kart 64, King of Fighters and another puzzle game and we had lots of fun. But then I came home and everything is bad again. My father never comprehends me and I can't trust him anything. He is the reason why I haven't come out, he is heavily homophobic. Plus he is not helping me woth my weight loss and it's been difficult to me to keep going (though I have lost a lot). Also
my sister is asleep already and I still don't
have the guts to tell her about everything.
Maybe all this happened because I finished this semester today and I have summer vacations now and I'm like piecing everything togheter and find this problems again with no real distraction to avoid them.

Reminded me of my straight crushes in college, which lasted years and were equally painful, but thankfully I wasn't crazy to try and force a kiss (the fuck?)

One of them was actually a very close friend of mine, who used to joke by getting his lips close to mine as if to kiss then backing away (that was before I came out), I loved him for two years and I kept it to myself. Eventually I got over him and we're still close friends to this day. He knows I'm gay but not that I once had feelings for him.

I think you have to be in college or school to do something as stupid as falling for a straight guy and maintain it for years. Shit is brutal.

RM8

It always blows my mind that a "straight crush" can go so far. Honestly, even removing the straight part - if you crush on a guy and he's dowrnight not interested in you, why would you let this crush go on for years? Nope nope nope.

Bailey 87

WOW that guy is so damn creepy. Trying to kiss him when you know he's straight and told you he's not interested is crazy but he goes one step further and tries to pull him into the embrace telling him "he needs him" while crying. WOW

I think I'm going to buy a "gays stop embarrassing me t-shirt"

also I swear popgaf is the best place for gifs. Just look at this

ibufPDqipMxLHa.gif

It always blows my mind that a "straight crush" can go so far. Honestly, even removing the straight part - if you crush on a guy and he's dowrnight not interested in you, why would you let this crush go on for years? Nope nope nope.

When you have no choice in seeing the guy on a day to day basis (same school / circle of friends) then there isn't much you can do about it. It's not like there's a button to turn your feelings on and off.

Also age, younger people are usually dumber.

mantidor

Sorry to read that, I used to fill the same, in some ways I still do sometimes, but the sooner you realize that you don't need other people to carry you through the crappy days, or any day for that matter, the better. In fact it will be a first step into finding someone.

Are you one of those mutants that controls its crushes at will!? I do so envy you so much :p

Alcoori

Yeah. I had a crush on one of my best friend (and he's GAY) for a long time. Once I came out with it and told him face to face and he told me that he loved me but it was nothing romantic, my interest just disappeared.

I think it is definitely something that younger people tend to do, holding on to unreciprocated feelings. If someone's not into you then he/she's not right for you. There are other people that will reciprocate your feelings and you should instead focus on getting them.

also I swear popgaf is the best place for gifs. Just look at this

ibufPDqipMxLHa.gif

Fanning-my-vagina-glee.gif

RM8

Are you one of those mutants that controls its crushes at will!? I do so envy you so much :p
I kind of do :3 I've never been stuck in an impossible crush - let alone for years! That sounds like torture.

Yeah. I had a crush on one of my best friend (and he's GAY) for a long time. Once I came out with it and told him face to face and he told me that he loved me but it was nothing romantic, my interest just disappeared.

I think it is definitely something that younger people tend to do, holding on to unreciprocated feelings. If someone's not into you then he/she's not right for you. There are other people that will reciprocate your feelings and you should instead focus on getting them.
See? This is how it's done :p I think these never-ending impossible crushes require a very healthy dose of wishful thinking.

When you have no choice in seeing the guy on a day to day basis (same school / circle of friends) then there isn't much you can do about it. It's not like there's a button to turn your feelings on and off.

Also age, younger people are usually dumber.
Hey, it might not be as easy as a switch. But at some point you can start doing stuff so things get better. Like, you know, maybe not wasting your time in this particular guy and look for a real relationship? I'm pretty sure if a starry-eyed youngling going through an impossible crush suddenly meets a cute guy he likes AND he likes him back, this impossible crush ceases to be a problem.

Hey, it might not be as easy as a switch. But at some point you can start doing stuff so things get better. Like, you know, maybe not wasting your time in this particular guy and look for a real relationship? I'm pretty sure if a starry-eyed youngling going through an impossible crush suddenly meets a cute guy he likes AND he likes him back, this impossible crush ceases to be a problem.

I agree about that and I kept thinking it while reading that guy's story. But the world was very different when I was in college, I'm in the Middle East and the internet didn't become a thing until years into my college life, and there were no other venues to meet gay guys, and you couldn't be publicly out either. So yeah I was stuck crushing on straight guys cause I had no options :(

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.

Feeling the same way too. I do believe you will get through these feelings and still find someone

Everybody is someone's ideal type, that's always a cheerful thought in my book.

I'll never forget when I traveled with a friend who is literally the fattest man I've ever known, and seeing all the hot and fit guys going in and out of his hotel room one after the other to have wild sex with him. This went on for days, while I couldn't score a single decent shag.

RM8

It's all about putting yourself out there. I should know, I'm single :p

BTW I like (a bit) younger, same age and older guys. My depravity knows no boundaries >:p

Menaged

I'll never forget when I traveled with a friend who is literally the fattest man I've ever known, and seeing all the hot and fit guys going in and out of his hotel room one after the other to have wild sex with him. This went on for days, while I couldn't score a single decent shag.

Damn, that must have been depressing...

I didn't have an experience like that when traveling, but when I was in SE Asia I had some terrible nights, especialy after coming back from parties. You see all these guys and gals hooking up on the dance floor and you're all alone, knowing that you have a slim chance of finding someone. That plus some drinks made me feel really bad about myself. It was a vicious cycle, since I hated myself, and then I hated myself for hating myself. Sounds silly, but what can you do :\

Daripad, I can't remember, but did you start Insanity? If so, how's that going for you?

I like people around my age (25), give or take 3-4 years each way.
A friend of mine showed my a cute guy on Grindr who wrote he's a gamer. Maybe I should send him a message...

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.

I know I am no ones ideal type.

Damn, that must have been depressing...

Yeah I wasn't happy about it at the time, especially since I hadn't had any sex in a long time and I had goes of getting some in that trip (apparently lots of guys like to hook up with foreigners
visiting; the fresh meat factor).

But in hindsight I'm happy for him. It's still a
mind blowing thought to know that there are people out there whom you'd die to hook up with, but they don't find through attractive and who they like is someone you find it hard to imagine how anyone could find attractive :)

Edit: neojubei you're wrong. I don't know what you look like but I remember you complaining about your body, and I was thinking about you when I wrote that post. I believe twinks who like large guys are called "Chasers", look them up.

I didn't have an experience like that when traveling, but when I was in SE Asia I had some terrible nights, especialy after coming back from parties. You see all these guys and gals hooking up on the dance floor and you're all alone, knowing that you ha a slim chance of finding someone. That plus some drinks made me feel really bad about myself. It was a vicious cycle, since I hated myself, and then I hated myself for hating myself. Sounds silly, but what can you do

There are no gay bars/clubs in SE Asia??

Menaged

There are no gay bars/clubs in SE Asia??

I suppose there are in the big cities (which are few. I'm refering to Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam), but I've always felt... I'm not sure what's the word I'm looking for, but for some reason it didn't appeal to me. Maybe beacuse I felt that even if I'll go, 99% will be locals, and I'm just not attracted to them (no offence).

But that's beside the point, since these nights I'm talking about happened in small places, where you don't have many bars \ clubs in the first place, let alone gay ones. I'm only talking about 3 nights in total, so it's not that bad, but when it happend, it sucked. Big time.

I suppose there are in the big cities (which are few. I'm refering to Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam), but I've always felt... I'm not sure what's the word I'm looking for, but for some reason it didn't appeal to me. Maybe beacuse I felt that even if I'll go, 99% will be locals, and I'm just not attracted to them (no offence).

But that's beside the point, since these nights I'm talking about happened in small places, where you don't have many bars clubs in the first place, let alone gay ones. I'm only talking about 3 nights in total, so it's not that bad, but when it happend, it sucked. Big time.

Oh I get you. I'm also not attracted to non-whites, which sounds like a terrible thing to say, but as you all know we can't control who we are attracted to. I wish my tastes in sex weren't limited in that regard, would have made life easier and more fun.

Kyon

Banned
Let me take my other reply back...

The majority of the community are so damn picky and borderline racist sometimes.

My theories of them thinking white= attractive haven't been proven wrong yet. A mess

irtJz0sNp9VwG.gif

Menaged

If you're talking about my posts, then it's not a matter of what I think, but a matter of facts and reality. Just like I don't choose to be attracted to men, I don't choose to be attracted to white men. I know it may sound racist, but I don't think it is...

Let me take my other reply back...

The majority of the community are so damn picky and borderline racist sometimes.

My theories of them thinking white= attractive haven't been proven wrong yet. A mess

irtJz0sNp9VwG.gif

Dude no, don't go there. There is no such thing as "thinking" when it comes to sexual attraction, otherwise you'll be validating bigots who claim that being gay is a choice.

It was never my choice who I find attractive and who I don't. And again I WISH that wasn't the case. You think it helps me at all living in a region where the type of men I find attractive is a minority? It sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom