• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menaged

I don't find only white guys attractive. I love that mocca color on men.
But yeah, I'm totally with Naked Snake on this one. I really don't understand the criticism.

BTW, Jordanian (is that a word) aren't considerd white? Just beacuse you said that thing about minority.

Ty4on

Edit: ^^^^^^Pretty sure middle eastern men were most popular when okcupid looked at who gay men were the most interested in.

Whatever. A cute guy is a cute guy dont matter what color TBH.

You're just naming what you want "cute". Doesn't mean you're discriminating people who aren't cure.
It's not just color either. People in east Asia are pretty white. They're just subtle differences that some like and some don't like beard, blonde hair, muscles etc. etc.

If that was racist then all gay men would be sexist for not finding women attractive.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Dude no, don't go there. There is no such thing as "thinking" when it comes to sexual attraction, otherwise you'll be validating bigots who claim that being gay is a choice.
I'm not sure about that. Personally, I think color preferences are something beyond the scope of basic sexual attraction. Meaning that, you have had to been exposed to white men to be attracted to them, without their presence, you wouldn't even know about them and therefore have no attraction. (Yes, someone can say that without men then it would be hard to say that you're attracted to them, but men exist and men of different types exist as well.)

I think having little exposure to different types of people stifles (sexual) interest in different varieties of people. However, if you're exposed to an "exotic" type, and you find that exclusively attractive you may be fetishizing them. (Eg, if white men are minority, then you might be fetishizing them because they're so elusive.)

Ultimately, I think it's all about having an open mind and actually just trying different things. If you simply say "x is does not attract me" you dismiss exploring why that's the case and exploring new relationships.

I don't find only white guys attractive. I love that mocca color on men.
But yeah, I'm totally with Naked Snake on this one. I really don't understand the criticism.

BTW, Jordanian (is that a word) aren't considerd white? Just beacuse you said that thing about minority.
Just FYI, I'm not criticizing.

But one of the issues that seems to happen in racial dynamics is that white skin is more valuable, so white mates are more desirable -- which is problematic. It leaves non-whites lower in a race-based hierarchy, yet again, but in a sexual context.

Kyon

Banned
Don't worry guys especially neojubei you are ALL BEAUTIFUL

You will find ya man and you will be happy. Bless

irtJz0sNp9VwG.gif

Trigger

It's an interesting topic to be sure. Is attraction to certain races really natural or a trait influenced by external factors? Personally, I've never been able to identify with the viewpoint. lol, more variety the better.

It's an interesting topic to be sure. Is attraction to certain races really natural or a trait influenced by external factors? Personally, I've never been able to identify with the viewpoint. lol, more variety the better.

The word natural seems kind of misused here. How are external factors not natural?

Delio

I know I'll get a bf one day. I'm not going to stress over it constantly.

On the topic of races your attracted to I've always leaned pretty heavy on white guys,Latinos and Asians. Not to say I'd turn away a hot black guy tho.

Kyon

Banned

its society that does this tbh

I blame the illuminati, republicans and Scientology

RM8

Come on. It's not racist to have a preference, it's true that we can't choose what we're attracted to. That being said I'm pretty much ethnicity-blind, I like guys from all backgrounds :p Lucky me (or unlucky me, since Mexico's population is rather homogenous).

I know I'll get a bf one day. I'm not going to stress over it constantly.
This is the only smart approach to it.

Kyon

Banned
Come on. It's not racist to have a preference, it's true that we can't choose what we're attracted to. That being said I'm pretty much ethnicity-blind, I like guys from all backgrounds :p Lucky me (or unlucky me, since Mexico's population is rather homogenous).

This is the only smart approach to it.

I said borderline.

Still men all races, ethinicity, weight. >>>

Did i lie?

ibf1K8zZd7GZHx.gif

I do think that preferring certain races and traits over others is at least partially cultural, if only because people physiologically prefer the familiar. I don't see preferring certain races as sexual/romantic partners as a crime that an individual must work to deal with, but a problem that can be solved just by having a more heterogeneous culture.

Menaged

I'm not sure about that. Personally, I think color preferences are something beyond the scope of basic sexual attraction. Meaning that, you have had to been exposed to white men to be attracted to them, without their presence, you wouldn't even know about them and therefore have no attraction. (Yes, someone can say that without men then it would be hard to say that you're attracted to them, but men exist and men of different types exist as well.)

I think having little exposure to different types of people stifles (sexual) interest in different varieties of people. However, if you're exposed to a "exotic" type, and you find that exclusively attractive you may be fetishizing them. (Eg, if white men are minority, then you might be fetishizing them because they're so elusive.)

Ultimately, I think it's all about having an open mind and actually just trying different things. If you simply say "x is does not attract me" you dismiss exploring why that's the case and exploring new relationships.

Well, yes, I've been exposed far more to white men than any other, and it might be the reason why I personally find them attractive, but it still doesn't change the fact that it's not a concsiece decision. I don't think about it, I'm just attracted and that's the end of it for me. That's why I'm really against the racist claim...
Unless I have a different definition for racism. In my book, it's something done on purpose.

Ty4on

I think having little exposure to different types of people stifles (sexual) interest in different varieties of people. However, if you're exposed to a "exotic" type, and you find that exclusively attractive you may be fetishizing them. (Eg, if white men are minority, then you might be fetishizing them because they're so elusive.)

I agree very much with this post. I think pretty much wherever you go people are attracted to people of their own culture, but at the same time my attraction is a locked book that I sometimes get vague hints from.

RM8

I disagree. Culturally, I'd be all over white men because that's the ideal of beauty here in Mexico (rofl). And I DO like white men, but they hardly have a monopoly on my taste. I really, really don't think you culturally can make your genitals to react or to not react to different traits in people.

daripad

Sorry to read that, I used to fill the same, in some ways I still do sometimes, but the sooner you realize that you don't need other people to carry you through the crappy days, or any day for that matter, the better. In fact it will be a first step into finding someone.

Thanks for the words. I was having great days while almost being alone, but there are times that I feel the need of someone. Maybe that is because I don't get too attached to my friends thus making me not trusting my poblems i anyone.

Feeling the same way too. I do believe you will get through these feelings and still find someone

I don't know. I will have lots of problems if I come out.

Daripad, I can't remember, but did you start Insanity? If so, how's that going for you?
Haha this made my day. No, I don't even know how that works. I'm just losing weight, you know, eating very healthy food (I'm on vacations and I can eat better now :)) and doing a long (for me lol) session of jogging. It's been great so far, though I still cringe when my father wants to eat something and I see with my eyes what I cannot eat. It's harsh.
I still have a long way to go but I've been complimented many times. Hell, today a
trans woman whistled me. It was flattering
and made me see myself as handsome for a while hhehehe.

About the color thing, I would be pissed if someone said that I'm not desirable just because of the color of my skin.
I just measure guys for their face, their body
and personality. The rest of things are just
plus. But seriously, not liking someone
because of their color is rude for us who
don't have white as snow skin.
Edit: Sorry, I wasn't understandding too well. I thought you were saying that white men are superior so you couldn't get out with other kinds of guys. Now that I read twice I see that is just because of attraction and not because of your thoughs. Sorry, I need to read things twice before making judgements.

I disagree. Culturally, I'd be all over white men because that's the ideal of beauty here in Mexico (rofl). And I DO like white men, but they hardly have a monopoly on my taste. I really, really don't think you culturally can make your genitals to react or to not react to different traits in people.

Finding things hot is just as much mental as it is physical.

Trigger

The word natural seems kind of misused here. How are external factors not natural?

Natural like genetics and stuff. There's only so much about a person that society can dictate. Maybe I am misusing the word. lol, I'm multitasking so my attention is divided.

RM8

The brain is an organ, I don't separate it from "physical". Your brain tells you what tastes good to you, what smells good to you, what is attractive to you.

mantidor

I disagree somewhat, while there are some ovbious biolgical factors regarding atraction, they are usually too broad and general (skin, proportions, and health in general), those other small things we hear all the time as turn ons, like race, how fit you are, hair color, beards or not etc, etc,etc are heavily culture dependant, one just needs to see how different art (if you want to be specific erotic art) varies across cultures and time. Things that are desirable in one place can be complete turn offs in others. One of the most basic examples is how some african groups see large women as the epitome of beauty, while they are consider gross in the west.

Menaged

Haha this made my day. No, I don't even know how that works. I'm just losing weight, you know, eating very healthy food (I'm on vacations and I can eat better now :)) and doing a long (for me lol) session of jogging. It's been great so far, though I still cringe when my father wants to eat something and I see with my eyes what I cannot eat. It's harsh.
I still have a long way to go but I've been complimented many times. Hell, today a
trans woman whistled me. It was flattering
and made me see myself as handsome for a while hhehehe.

About the color thing, I would be pissed if someone said that I'm not desirable just because of the color of my skin.
I just measure guys for their face, their body
and personality. The rest of things are just
plus. But seriously, not liking someone
because of their color is rude for us who
don't have white as snow skin.
Edit: Sorry, I wasn't understandding too well. I thought you were saying that white men are superior so you couldn't get out with other kinds of guys. Now that I read twice I see that is just because of attraction and not because of your thoughs. Sorry, I need to read things twice before making judgements.

For some reason I thought you did. Maybe someone else... Never mind. Congratulations on your weight loss! I know that feeling of temptation. So bad :(
I havn't had amazing stuff (a good burger, pizza etc.) for nearly 2 months, and it ain't easy. Never thought I'd be eating salad (a tasty one though) every night.

I'm glad I caught your edit because I felt really bad if that's what you infered. I didn't mean to offened anoyone, so I'm glad you understood my intentions :)

RM8

I disagree somewhat, while there are some ovbious biolgical factors regarding atraction, they are usually too broad and general (skin, proportions, and health in general), those other small things we hear all the time as turn ons, like race, how fit you are, hair color, beards or not etc, etc,etc are heavily culture dependant, one just needs to see how different art (if you want to be specific erotic art) varies across cultures and time. Things that are desirable in one place can be complete turn offs in others. One of the most basic examples is how some african groups see large women as the epitome of beauty, while they are consider gross in the west.
And your example can't be biological? I love guys with glasses - so does my mother. I'm not sure at which point "culture" taught us that men with glasses are attractive. Are fetishes cultural too? Honestly, attraction is completely instinctive and irrational.

Oh God I seem to have opened a stinky can worms. I have replies to many posts on this page but I'm on my phone and in bed trying to sleep, and attempting to manage all those multi quotes would be nightmarish on the phone, so I'll chime in tomorrow.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Let me take my other reply back...

The majority of the community are so damn picky and borderline racist sometimes.

My theories of them thinking white= attractive haven't been proven wrong yet. A mess

irtJz0sNp9VwG.gif

Yeah. I do find myself liking non-white guys more than others usually Asian guys. Then again I never dated, kissed or had sex with a white guy so I cannot be so sure I am not attracted to them.
What do you mean? What type is that?

I'm the fat ugly old type. I am a total turn off to about 99% of gay men

mantidor

And your example can't be biological? I love guys with glasses - so does my mother. I'm not sure at which point "culture" taught us that men with glasses are attractive. Are fetishes cultural too? Honestly, attraction is completely instinctive and irrational.

Of course fetiches are cultural, most of sexuality is cultural.

We don't like to think about it because we like to think we are our own selves, completely unique and independent, but the truth is you'd be a completely different person if you were born somewhere else. Seriously how liking glasses can be biological? Can such thing be coded in your DNA? Our growing environment shape us greatly, it's beyond our control, and irrational, but sexuality is far from being exclusivly biological.

neojubei

I like chubby/fat guys. I find them as sexually appealing and sometimes more sexually appealing. I just like men, period, fuck the haters. You are too hard on yourself.

As long as I have been alive no guy has ever had the slightest interest in me so i just know i am no ones type.

Meicyn

Gold Member
17lbs so far, still fat.
Fuck the still fat part. That's significant progress. Make sure you keep going.

Allow me to give you some perspective on how big of a deal losing 17 pounds is.

izWRTCM.jpg

Now picture 17 of those. I'd have posted that image 17 times, but that'd probably annoy the shit out of everyone. You lost 17 packs of ground beef worth of weight. Don't stop.

neojubei

Nice, thats good. :) Are you just doing so by diet or also exercising a bit?
Diet and exercising almost everyday. Haven't been to the gym since Saturday though. Going through a depressive period right now. I've also been seeing a nutritionist.

RM8

Of course fetiches are cultural, most of sexuality is cultural.
We're not going to agree on this. Then I guess homosexuality is cultural as well, right?

I see myself as a Fighting type. Maybe a Hariyama.
I'm a Noctowl for sure.

Knx7m91.png

The best Pokémon ever.

Dragon/Ice :)
Ugh. I'd just have to use Hypnosis and run from your broken typing and stats :mad:

I'm Ice/Dark without a doubt. Sometimes I might be Ghost instead of Dark though.
Same, I guess. At least you're not Dragon. We Normal types don't believe in ghosts :p

neojubei

Fuck the still fat part. That's significant progress. Make sure you keep going.

Allow me to give you some perspective on how big of a deal losing 17 pounds is.

Now picture 17 of those. I'd have posted that image 17 times, but that'd probably annoy the shit out of everyone. You lost 17 packs of ground beef worth of weight. Don't stop.

I know what you are trying to say but I will look and feel fat until I can fit into normal clothes and feel good.

Oh god, you will catch on me soon :O. I need to go down faster!
Also, congratulations, you are doing very well. I'm proud of you ;)

I doubt I can catch up to you.

Dany

Banned
Well you'll get to where you want and it certainly takes time. I never saw a nutritionist, seems like a good idea :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom