• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

I have a southern accent....
grQwy6T.png

if a guy has an Australian or southern accent...I did meet a guy in a bar who was Australian but turns out he was only visiting. Time and money wasted. My time is precious! lol

if a guy has an Australian or southern accent...I did meet a guy in a bar who was Australian but turns out he was only visiting. Time and money wasted. My time is precious! lol

I'd imagine I like Australian accents.

All this does is replace one accent with another. From a linguistics standpoint, everyone speaks with an accent.

Yes. Aussie accents are hot...on the right guy of course.

Masamuna

The only thing I'd replace my southern accent with would be the pikey's from snatch. Otherwise my twang brings all the
tasteful
boys to the yard.

Certain British dialects could make me drown a baby down there.

Accents are part of ones identity that I think should be embraced (yet not necessary fetishized if that makes sense). I always find it somewhat unfortunate when people loose their accents. People should at least be able to turn it up like a light switch (like some in my family lol). With that being said, I don't think anyone has ever given a damn about NY accents lol. Or any place in the north east USA for that matter lol.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I'm proud of my sexy Canadian accent... lol

East or West coast? I love love love a BC accent, but hearing English come out of a French Canadian mouth can be like a cheese grater on my ears -- upstate NY retail flashbacks. *shudder*

Hey, I'm with you Corn. Way too large and ugly. Hope there's enough dissatisfaction with it for them to change it back.

I hate it, but Evilore is nothing if not stubborn to a fault. The old look is gone and won't be coming back; we'll be lucky if any of the complaints are ever addressed.

East or West coast? I love love love a BC accent, but hearing English come out of a French Canadian mouth can be like a cheese grater on my ears -- upstate NY retail flashbacks. *shudder*

I hate it, but Evilore is nothing if not stubborn to a fault. The old look is gone and won't be coming back; we'll be lucky if any of the complaints are ever addressed.

Worse problem is, is that it seems to run slower for me now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I've started watching the fast and the furious movies. They're all car mod ads but for some reason I keep watching. Paul Walker sounds like Keanu Reeves and the stories/characters/plots are shit. I can't explain it. And then I saw Tokyo Drift...

http://i.imgur.com/UVVKrqQ.jpg

Hammy, I dunno how to break this to you but Paul Walker wasn't in Fast and Furious 3: Tokyo Drift. >_>

That dude in your link? Yeah, that ain't him.

RM8

Loving Neo NeoGAF.

BTW I just lost my Animal Crossing virginity.

fHNs2t8.jpg

AySpiN0.jpg

Ningún acento >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Acento norteño > acento sureño >>>>>>>>>>>> acento del DF
Fixed that for you :p

I have a really bland Florida accent :( only thing I can think of is pronouncing pillow as "pellow." No southern twang, no fun North Atlantic accent.

A lot of my German family lives in Ohio now and they'll call the washer a "wahrersher" though. :lol

BeesEight

The BEST Coast of course.
west

I just got back from the East Coast. Almost no one (that I ran into) had a really discernible accent. I could count on one hand how many people sounded East Coast.

I was a little disappointed.

I know some people from the west coast though. I didn't think they even had an accent?

As for the new layout - not a fan. I found the old style to be cleaner. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom