• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dex

I just got back from the East Coast. Almost no one (that I ran into) had a really discernible accent. I could count on one hand how many people sounded East Coast.

I was a little disappointed.

I know some people from the west coast though. I didn't think they even had an accent?

As for the new layout - not a fan. I found the old style to be cleaner. Oh well.

Everyone has an accent! You just don't think you do when everyone around you sounds the same.

I do find it kind of interesting that aside form French speaking regions and the maritimes, most Canadians do sound the same.

Sibylus

Banned
Everyone has an accent! You just don't think you do when everyone around you sounds the same.

I do find it kind of interesting that aside form French speaking regions and the maritimes, most Canadians do sound the same.
Unless they're pretty hardcore Newfie!

RM8

Now I need a melon beanie IRL.

dvbdfCK.jpg

Ty4on

Hope they'll patch a system wide screenshot option. Press home + start on the Vita and it takes a screenshot anywhere except for PSP games for some reason.
I'm not even 40 hours in, but I wish P4G did a better job with the themes about gender and sexuality (mostly gender it seems). It feels wasted on some jokes so far.

Ty4on

Welcome to 2008 :p
Edit: Not a single one of the many LTTP took it up :p
I was foolish and didn't even look at JRPGs because of the combat before. Before I played P4G I read some comments from a transgender Gamespot writer about that guy and a transgender character, but I've only gotten very small hints that he is transgender.

Edit2: 99th edit. Guess it's kind of obvious I misunderstood the quote. Proper answer above and random comment about views changing quickly below :p

Bizarre how fast things have changed. We may be liberal now, but looking back we didn't have gay marriage before 2009, had no samesex unions before 1993 and even had the sodomy law in place before 1972. 40 years ago we were worse than many middle eastern countries. Some American states even had them until 2003.
Really hope the fast changes in the US continue. Republicans supporting gay marriage was unheard of in the last primaries.

Edit: Not a single one of the many LTTP took it up :p
I was foolish and didn't even look at JRPGs because of the combat before. Before I played P4G I read some comments from a transgender Gamespot writer about that guy and a transgender character, but I've only gotten very small hints that he is transgender.

Edit2: 99th edit. Guess it's kind of obvious I misunderstood the quote. Proper answer above and random comment about views changing quickly below :p

Bizarre how fast things have changed. We may be liberal now, but looking back we didn't have gay marriage before 2009, had no samesex unions before 1993 and even had the sodomy law in place before 1972. 40 years ago we were worse than many middle eastern countries. Some American states even had them until 2003.
Really hope the fast changes in the US continue. Republicans supporting gay marriage was unheard of in the last primaries.

Persona 4 has no transgender character so you were lied to by that writer.

Trigger

Mmhmm. The writer wanted a trans character, but that's not quite the case. There was a large thread about it. lol, I'll stop before I spoil the whole plot though.

Mmhmm. The writer wanted a trans character, but that's not quite the case. There was a large thread about it. lol, I'll stop before I spoil the whole plot though.

Yeah. They could have easily gone with it, but the character ends up being more a commentary on gender roles rather than a transgendered individual.

Just started playing Dragon's Dogma. Is it wrong that I put my pawn in leather shorts, sleeveless armor, and refuse to put a helmet on him because I don't want to cover up his wavy locks?

Trigger

Just started playing Dragon's Dogma. Is it wrong that I put my pawn in leather shorts, sleeveless armor, and refuse to put a helmet on him because I don't want to cover up his wavy locks?

I always dressed my pawn in the most attractive manner possible. I wish their entire abdomen could exposed though. That weird seaweed wrap thing is so off putting.

I just got back from the East Coast. Almost no one (that I ran into) had a really discernible accent. I could count on one hand how many people sounded East Coast.

I was a little disappointed.

I know some people from the west coast though. I didn't think they even had an accent?

As for the new layout - not a fan. I found the old style to be cleaner. Oh well.

Yeaaaaa. Agreed.

West coasters have no accent. None. In fact it sounds identical to everywhere else in canada. Except that tiny atlantic minority.

And ive met people from newfoundland without an accent. Canada is about as plain jane as you can get accent wise.

And aussie accent are .... grating. I much prefer the irish or english accents (you two know who you are...)

Sagitario

Welcome to 2008 :p

STILL SEALED!!! (both versions)

You should see my Saints Row character.

- Edit -
Just because (NSFW):
http://i.imgur.com/RmZJSDL.png
http://i.imgur.com/NQqaaM3.png
http://i.imgur.com/nMmMZHT.png
http://i.imgur.com/D7EMcGz.png
He doesn't currently look like that, though.

Alcoori

I wonder in what country guys/girls fall over each other trying to hit on Americans.

I am French and since I moved to NYC let me tell you that I am going for those American boys. Mmhmm.

Also, quit whining bitches, the new layout is not THAT different from the old one. Don't be old, embrace the minimal change.

RM8

Sagitario

si eres mudo pues no hay acento lol
ibuTFrcq4HjNBQ.gif

Are we talking about Saints Row?
Because my hot Mexican character with a lot of sex appeal and Dollar Dandy taunt > every other character ever
Pics!
Saints Row: The Third is pretty fun and hilarious. I think it's the first open world game I have really enjoyed. Missions are great too.
50+ hours and I have only done half the game (if not less).

Anyone knows where this GIF is from?
bFaFFCO.gif

Sagitario

^ Nop

I thought I was the only who made custom characters wear as little clothing as possible
I'm so glad I'm not :')

I played most of Prince of Persia (2008) with this costume :p

iTgGLSPtOc7LG.jpg

So, guys... any more examples of video games with snip of gayness or some kind of gay appealing scenes/characters? As ridiculous as they might be.

TztDpQ0.gif

JEo283t.gif

0YNfhhQ.gif

I still prefer old Dante, though.

Ty4on

Persona 4 has no transgender character so you were lied to by that writer.

Stupid game teasing by saying "you hear a female voice" from a guy...
So, guys... any more examples of video games with snip of gayness or some kind of gay appealing scenes/characters? As ridiculous as they might be.
My husband and helper in Skyrim? Love the skin shaders there and the mods :p

BeesEight

Yeah. They could have easily gone with it, but the character ends up being more a commentary on gender roles rather than a transgendered individual.

Yeah, it's a topic that has been thoroughly beaten into the ground. I give Atlus credit for actually skirting the topics even if their execution leaves a lot to be desired. But for a Japanese company of all places to start examining sexuality and gender is pretty astounding.

Yeaaaaa. Agreed.

West coasters have no accent. None. In fact it sounds identical to everywhere else in canada. Except that tiny atlantic minority.

And ive met people from newfoundland without an accent. Canada is about as plain jane as you can get accent wise.

And aussie accent are .... grating. I much prefer the irish or english accents (you two know who you are...)

Yeah. I know Canadians "technically" have an accent but in comparison to most it's pretty bland. I like some Aussie accents but usually the mild ones from the coast (typically east) compared to the redneck accent which is like washing bleach into your ears.

If I had to rank those though, I'd probably put the English over the Irish. The Irish accent is just a wee bit weak for me and the English one cracks me up every time.

That's going to be a short list. I know DMC3 had a similar 'dressing' scene that could qualify but beyond that I'm really hard pressed for non-heterosexual pandering. Possibly in BioWare games?

Mr_Zombie

tumblr_mnekinjoea1qetz23o1_r1_500.gif

I still can't believe it's in the game :D

It's a shame that this costume didn't make it into RE6:
xkttqE7.jpg

It's so much better than the racer costume that Piers ended up with :(

I still prefer old Dante, though.
Yes, Uncle Dante is a lot more fun (and much more handsome) character than the new Dante. Shame that he will probably never come back since Capcom is apparently satisfied with DmC sales. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom