• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
To be honest I was a bit worried about something like that, cause his profile description gave me the impression that he's a slut, but when I saw him he looked innocent and clean... but now I'm checking his profile again and I see:

Health: Ask me (choices are HIV-, HIV+, and Ask me)
Safe sex: Ask me

Is this where I press the big red PANIC button?

Good lord. You probably didn't catch anything if he didn't cum and didn't have any open sores anywhere, but you really should get tested as soon as possible just to be safe. I would also ask him (srsly sis, why didn't you do that in the beginning?) and avoid having sex with him again.

AIDS is totally the reason.

EDIT: After seeing the above post please get checked asap seriously lol

Getting checked now wouldn't do any good I think; doesn't it take like 6 months to rule out the chance that you have it (takes that long for antibodies to reach a concentration detectable by the test or something).

I'm not gonna be freaking out over this, because 1. panicking doesn't do any good and I've been through that before and it was wrecked nerves for no good reason, and 2. because even if he had it (which is a big assumption), chances that I caught it from our brief and relatively tame encounter are very slim.

I'll try talking to him tomorrow and hopefully get some answers.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Yes, it is a bad thing. For this very situation hes found himself in.

I just meant that having sex with lots of people wasn't inherently a bad thing.

Getting checked now wouldn't do any good I think; doesn't it take like 6 months to rule out the chance that you have it (takes that long for antibodies to reach a concentration detectable by the test or something).

I'm not gonna be freaking out over this, because 1. panicking doesn't do any good and I've been through that before and it was wrecked nerves for no good reason, and 2. because even if he had it (which isa big assumption), chances that I caught it from our brief and relatively tame encounter are very slim

*hugz* be safe

I'm not gonna be freaking out over this, because 1. panicking doesn't do any good and I've been through that before and it was wrecked nerves for no good reason, and 2. because even if he had it (which is a big assumption), chances that I caught it from our brief and relatively tame encounter are very slim.

Yeah,sorry for that but I do think it takes about 6 months.

You're also doing the right thing by talking to him and if he really is nice then he'll give you some answers. I hope it all goes well for you!

bsej87

Well, if you only received oral, then your chances are much lower compared to other methods, since you'd need an open sore/cut/exposure for the virus to sneak its way up your urethra, but it's still possible. Also, I think the window for antibody production is something around 2-8 weeks. 6 months is on the more extreme side if I remember. I also want to say you can get (a much more expensive) RNA test done after two weeks if you're super, ultra paranoid.

I would also ask him (srsly sis, why didn't you do that in the beginning?)

I don't know, it's not something I've ever asked anyone, I've always thought/assumed that if someone knows that they are HIV+ then it's their obligation to be upfront about it before having sex with anyone.

Shit like this makes me think sex with strangers is just not worth it, and makes me want to crawl back into my celibacy cave from whence I came.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I hooked up with a 22 year old otter tonight (am I becoming a whore?)... I still get surprised whenever such young guys are into me (just narrow mindedness on my part I guess since I'm rarely if ever into guys older than me).

Damn he was hot. Cute face, prefect body, huge cock, and so polite. But one thing weirded me out a bit: he was only interested in having me cum and he didn't want to cum himself. I've never met someone like that before, it's usually me who's fine with not coming (cause it used to be difficult for me to do it, but seems to have gotten better since I started NoFap a week ago). Isn't that weird?

Some people just get off on getting other people off.

EDIT: Oh, just caught up to this conversation. I doubt anything is wrong, and I wouldn't panic but get tested as everyone else said.

RM8

If you received oral you're pretty much safe. Get tested 90 days from now (lol man, 6 months? nopenopenope) to be 100% sure, but the risk is basically non-existent if you didn't have any exposure to his blood or semen (which hey, could have happened, but it's very unlikely). Honestly, don't panic.

To elaborate on the HIV window: I used to work for a local TV station, they used to air a very informative show about sex education and this was a very common question. The 6 months thing made sense in the 80s, but the current technology allows even "instant" HIV tests to be accurate after 90 days (and according to some people 90 days is pretty conservative).

If you received oral you're pretty much safe. Get tested 90 days from now (lol man, 6 months? nopenopenope) to be 100% sure, but the risk is basically non-existent if you didn't have any exposure to his blood or semen (which hey, could have happened, but it's very unlikely). Honestly, don't panic.

To elaborate on the HIV window: I used to work for a local TV station, they used to air a very informative show about sex education and this was a very common question. The 6 months thing made sense in the 80s, but the current technology allows even "instant" HIV tests to be accurate after 90 days (and according to some people 90 days is pretty conservative).

That makes sense since we now have over the counter hiv tests. Would kind of be pointless if it was still in the 6 month waiting period.

Im going to design a gay dating site. Whoever designs these are shitty web designers. Manjam was horrid.

You also got to give it a crappy name. Honestly, Manjam sounds like a toe fungus but for another part of the body entirely or a disgusting toast spread like Marmite.

I also gave oral, and tossed his salad x_x

iamalreadydead.jpg

And 90 days is still 3 frickin' months.

RM8

I also gave oral,
See, the good news is that giving oral is still not nearly as risky as unprotected anal / vaginal sex, but it's still not safe sex. So yeah, get tested in 90 days. Which is better than 6 months, man :p

and tossed his salad x_x
I had to google this, rofl. This is harmless unless he had an open sore down there, and you too in your mouth.

What's the exact definition of "an open sore"? I'm pretty sure neither of us had any, but I've been curious about this term, it's always thrown about without clarification.

bsej87

Basically, you just don't want anything that would give direct access to your blood stream. So, a cut that's healing, etc.

RM8

Yes. English is not my first language, but basically a "wound".
Wikipedia said:
A wound is a type of injury in which skin is torn, cut, or punctured (an open wound), or where blunt force trauma causes a contusion (a closed wound). In pathology, it specifically refers to a sharp injury which damages the dermis of the skin.

I can't stress enough that YOU SHOULDN'T PANIC. I'm UBER paranoid about STDs and the 90 days following my first sexual encounter (which was actually completely safe) weren't very bright, lol :p Honestly this is why I avoid casual sex. I recommend always assuming everyone has HIV and just practice ultra-safe sex all the time.

I don't know, it's not something I've ever asked anyone, I've always thought/assumed that if someone knows that they are HIV+ then it's their obligation to be upfront about it before having sex with anyone.

Shit like this makes me think sex with strangers is just not worth it, and makes me want to crawl back into my celibacy cave from whence I came.

Alternatively have sex with not strangers?

RM8

Sex with strangers can be had if you practice safe sex. So it's not like you have to remain sex-less until you find a partner. It really depends - to ME, personally, it's absolutely not worth the anxiety, lol. And I know people who are a-ok with sleeping around, and it's fine! As long as they're being responsible about it.

Okay, I'm convinced my dick hates me. I fooled around with a guy on vacation today and on my second and third rounds in I took like two seconds for no good reason. I think something's screwing with me psychologically but I can't pinpoint what. I have to admit I've been feeling off lately though. Not necessarily depressed by any means, just empty now that school is done. Like the Narrator out of Fight Club mixed with the war vet from that one short story who doesn't love his family anymore.

mantidor

Yeah I'm not panicking (just slightly worrying). Thanks for the support guys, you rock.

Don't you leave in the middle east? I would say your chances are very good. I live in Rio de Janeiro, I should be paniking :p.

Actually, Brasil has extremely good hiv statistics, I would be far more worried in San Fransisco or New York, sorry USA gaf.

Don't you leave in the middle east? I would say your chances are very good. I live in Rio de Janeiro, I should be paniking :p.

Actually, Brasil has extremely good hiv statistics, I would be far more worried in San Fransisco or New York, sorry USA gaf.

I do, but this dude was living in Canada, he said he's only been here for 4 months.

So sent him the following message:

Hi [Name], I was thinking about why you didn't want to cum, and I asked some people if it's normal, and someone jokingly said "He has AIDS and didn't want to get any of it on you"... Which needless to say got me slightly worried and thinking more. 

The fact that you're profile description paints you as a slut (by your own admission, no offence) didn't ease my mind... Sorry for bringing this up, but I saw "Health: Ask me" and "Safe Sex: Ask me" on your profile, so here am I asking you. Please give me honest answers.

And this is what I got:

WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!! DUDE I DO NOT DO HARD SEX AND MY HEALTH IS PERFECT THANKS GOD!!! I WORRY ABOUT THOSE THINGS ALOT!! AND I TAKE CARE ALOT ABOUT THEM!! PLEASE NEVER CONTACT ME AGAIN..GOOD LUCK!

And he's blocked me on the site.

I guess I could have worded my message better, but was it that bad?

Thanks Paranoid-GAF :(

Yado

I'm not sure if his response even matters, people lie. You should get tested regardless.
Also, if someone's profile says "ask me" you should ask beforehand.

"Your profile description paint you as a slut"? Haha.

But it really does! And he seemed to be proud of it (based on the text in his profile, his IRL personality gave a very different impression).

And before leaving last night he asked if I was interested in meeting him again, I said yes definitely.

RatskyWatsky, you have robbed me of a dream Otter. I want compensation :(

Rokal

You probably could have worded that a little bit better. Something like "Hey I noticed your status says "ask me", do I need to be worried?"

Dany

Banned
The fact that you're profile description paints you as a slut (by your own admission, no offence) didn't ease my mind.

...you really said that?

Maybe you should have asked him if you were curious what he meant 'ask me' BEFORE you hooked up with him.

Meicyn

Gold Member
I guess I could have worded my message better, but was it that bad?
Yeah, it really was that bad. The fact that you typed "no offense" is all it should have taken to let you know that sending it was a terrible idea. This is basically what you said to him:

"Hey, I want to know if you have AIDS. And your profile says you're a slut. No offense."

You even say that his IRL personality gave a very different impression from his profile. Your message to him was extremely offensive. Resolving your paranoia seemed a lot more important to you than treating him respectfully, and I'd have told you to fuck off and never message you again either.

You can't eliminate risk of disease to 0% but you can minimize it. So yeah, being promiscuous is a bad thing since it increases your chance of contracting and spreading disease. Especially when its with people who have no loyalty to you and you take their health at a stranger's word. But nowhere did I shame you for having sex with this guy. In fact, I've only been supportive of you in this serious situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom