• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How was the conversation when you hung out in person?

It was alright. He seemed really nervous at first (like there were a few times when he stumbled over his words and he was kinda shaky), as time went on though he became more relaxed and having a conversation with him wasn't really a problem. This was the first time we hung outside of work, so I can see why he might have been nervous. We got something to eat and walked around for a bit, drove around in his car for a bit, then he took me home.

We worked together again on Monday but didn't really get a chance to talk that much. When we did get a chance, he started most of the convos. It's weird because he seems fine when he talks first, but when I talk after him he starts stumbling over his words. He also looks at my mouth a lot when we're talking to each other.. idgi.

I want to ask him to hang out again this weekend, but I don't want to come off as desperate. All I want to know is if he is interested in me too, but I don't want to bluntly ask him. :/ I mean I don't know if he's gay or not but all signs are pointing to yes right now lol.

Mr_Zombie

I'm a wreck. My best friend of 15 years is not with me anymore. I'll never be able to hug him again.

M96VMSH.jpg

My condolence. I was in a similar position few years ago (had to put down my German Sheperd that was with us since I was 4 or 5yo). It's a horrible feeling someone who was with you for so long. :(

After midnight here. Happy birthday to me :/

Lol started off my b-day by losing a game of chess to the computer. I suck at chess.

Happy Birthday :)

Nice moves :D

It was alright. He seemed really nervous at first (like there were a few times when he stumbled over his words and he was kinda shaky), as time went on though he became more relaxed and having a conversation with him wasn't really a problem. This was the first time we hung outside of work, so I can see why he might have been nervous. We got something to eat and walked around for a bit, drove around in his car for a bit, then he took me home.

We worked together again on Monday but didn't really get a chance to talk that much. When we did get a chance, he started most of the convos. It's weird because he seems fine when he talks first, but when I talk after him he starts stumbling over his words. He also looks at my mouth a lot when we're talking to each other.. idgi.

I want to ask him to hang out again this weekend, but I don't want to come off as desperate. All I want to know is if he is interested in me too, but I don't want to bluntly ask him. :/ I mean I don't know if he's gay or not but all signs are pointing to yes right now lol.

Seems like he gets a little nervous when he talks to you, which from my experience mostly happens when you find someone attractive and you really wanna say interesting things or not look dumb. I'd say you should just keep talking to each other and see where it goes.

Seems like he gets a little nervous when he talks to you, which from my experience mostly happens when you find someone attractive and you really wanna say interesting things or not look dumb. I'd say you should just keep talking to each other and see where it goes.

I can understand him being nervous around me in person, but is it possible to be nervous when texting someone, and therefore not texting as much because of it? That's not something I've experienced before, so I'm not sure. It should be easier to have a convo in a text. It could be that he doesn't like texting or he just doesn't want to talk to me, it's so confusing lol.

There's also the possibility that he thinks I'm attractive, but doesn't want to pursue anything because he's still in the closet or something idk.

I'm still not sure whether to ask him to hang out again this weekend yet.

mantidor

I was NOT following a crush, lol, I just hoped to go otuside to some shitty outdoor event that is happening in my city but the guy never answered so I am staying here

haha I'm not following, your initial post made it sound like you moved to Germany because of that guy, the least one can expect is a crush. Now I'm even more confused.

Dany

Banned
Texting habits of people are weird. Some generally don't use it as a way to make conversation which is difficult when dating. Ask him when you two see eachother again

sphinx

the piano man
haha I'm not following, your initial post made it sound like you moved to Germany because of that guy, the least one can expect is a crush. Now I'm even more confused.

I moved to Germany because my now ex-boyfriend, then boyfriend lived here and I wanted to give the relationship a chance so I came from sunny, shinny Mexico to cloudy, gray Germany to be with him.

the guy I wanted I to hang out with today is a guy I have met a couple of times, but he's just a friend, not a crush.

I can understand him being nervous around me in person, but is it possible to be nervous when texting someone, and therefore not texting as much because of it? That's not something I've experienced before, so I'm not sure. It should be easier to have a convo in a text. It could be that he doesn't like texting or he just doesn't want to talk to me, it's so confusing lol.

There's also the possibility that he thinks I'm attractive, but doesn't want to pursue anything because he's still in the closet or something idk.

I'm just guessing here, but people can get nervous when texting because you type something out and start thinking "Would he think it's stupid?" or maybe "This is too weird" or things like that. Though I guess he would have to be insecure to be that way, does he seem confident or sure about himself, etc? Then again it could be he just doesn't like to text. Sorry if my... uh... advice(?) Sounds shitty and is not helpful at all. It's just that I feel like I've been in your friend's situation before.

RM8

Thanks, guys. Feeling much better today :)

Yesterday was probably the worst day of my life. I slept like 4 hours as well, even if I didn't think I was feeling "that" bad later at night. I felt the most sadness and guilt I've ever felt (I'm reading now and it seems feeling overwhelming guilt is something that happens to a lot of people after the death of a dog - I can only imagine the feeling of losing your son/daughter). But now I'm feeling better indeed. I was considering skipping work today but I'm glad I didn't, knowing myself today would have been a no-good overthinking party. I still got watery eyes several times during the day... one moment I was feeling perfectly fine, and then I'd be assaulted by sharp sadness. This sounds negative, but really, I'm mostly fine right now, lol.

Life can be tough. But I'm grateful! If it pains me so much it's because I had the most amazing 15 years with him by my side. I hope he enjoyed the ride too :')

Alcoori

Just ask him out. He says yes, profit. He says no, you know where to stand and can move on to better things.

Also, maybe he has a speech impediment? Ha.

mantidor

I moved to Germany because my now ex-boyfriend, then boyfriend lived here and I wanted to give the relationship a chance so I came from sunny, shinny Mexico to cloudy, gray Germany to be with him.

the guy I wanted I to hang out with today is a guy I have met a couple of times, but he's just a friend, not a crush.

Yeah I imagined as much, well... their loss, dance away! :p

I'm just guessing here, but people can get nervous when texting because you type something out and start thinking "Would he think it's stupid?" or maybe "This is too weird" or things like that. Though I guess he would have to be insecure to be that way, does he seem confident or sure about himself, etc? Then again it could be he just doesn't like to text. Sorry if my... uh... advice(?) Sounds shitty and is not helpful at all. It's just that I feel like I've been in your friend's situation before.
You've helped, that's what matters. Thanks.
I'd have to agree. Sounds like he likes you but is just nervous.
Texting habits of people are weird. Some generally don't use it as a way to make conversation which is difficult when dating. Ask him when you two see eachother again

Just ask him out. He says yes, profit. He says no, you know where to stand and can move on to better things.

Yeah that's exactly what I'm thinking now, I have more to gain than to lose so I might as well ask him out again.

thanks everyone I'll def post an update when things change.

FerDS

So, I finally shaved my head (my balding was getting horrible) :(

And the guy I was dating and was really into just told me he was going to London to study for 5 years, so we kind off broke up, I guess?

Dany

Banned
So, I finally shaved my head (my balding was getting horrible) :(

And the guy I was dating and was really into just told me he was going to London to study for 5 years, so we kind off broke up, I guess?

Did he really just tell you out of the blue, or did he find out that day?

daripad

I just learned my new school schedule for this semester and it is going to be very bad. Not gonna have enough free time now :'(

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I just learned my new school schedule for this semester and it is going to be very bad. Not gonna have enough free time now :'(

Oh, honey child, you'll be fine. I was still able to have enough free time going to school 35 hours a week, working one job 65+ hours a week, and a second job on the weekends! Life finds a way. [/jurassicpark] :)

Alcoori

Wait, when did you have time to study and sleep a little bit?

Sleep I don't know, but unless I'm mistaken I think Cosmic was going to pastry school. Thus, his studying was probably done during his job which I can only assume had to do with baking or cooking.

Happy birthday to the birthday boys.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Had no idea what "Friends of Dorothy" meant, thought it was an IT Crowd reference...googled it and now I know!

Also
My sister's best friend just came out to his parents recently, they're christian ministers and well, they said it was ok and all that jazz but they've completely stopped calling him. So sad :(
On the plus side his sister/brother are giving him lots of support so that's nice. Such a bummer though! Poor guy.

Had no idea what "Friends of Dorothy" meant, thought it was an IT Crowd reference...googled it and now I know!

Also
My sister's best friend just came out to his parents recently, they're christian ministers and well, they said it was ok and all that jazz but they've completely stopped calling him. So sad :(
On the plus side his sister/brother are giving him lots of support so that's nice. Such a bummer though! Poor guy.
When parents do that it really sucks at first but then it starts affecting you less and less as time goes by. It's nice he's getting support and shouldn't feel hopeless.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
When parents do that it really sucks at first but then it starts affecting you less and less as time goes by. It's nice he's getting support and shouldn't feel hopeless.

Oh he's got tons of support for sure, him and my sister are really close and every time I go visit her we hang out and it's good times. But yeah having your parents go "Oh don't worry we still accept you" and then bam, no word for weeks is heart-breaking.

daripad

hmmm... is everyone alright? this thread has been dead for almost a day!
Is because everyone is having a life with a boyfriend or having dates
Not my case

I saw my friends again today after a long time, and the one who I have a crush on was rubbing my shoulder again. I love when he does that but if he is straight I wish he just stops doing that. It feels forced when he does that and I'm the only one among friends that he does that to.
*Sighs* I shouldn't worry about this, I'll be preparing for the next semester on August. I can't wait for it to begin, will be a hard one but the one I was waiting for too. At the same time I'm relieved because my vacations just started and I'll have time to game a looot. And do excercise too. And reading the lord of rings trilogy. And my reread of a storm of storms and a feast for crows X dance with the dragons. Gotta have fun!

Reading books huh... I don't do much of that, except in school. Still, I've read some books on my free time but they turn out to take some weird shit twist. Like one about Anorexia when I thought it was about 2 siblings, or one about a boy burning his home with his uncle in it when I thought it was about America... Or that last one about a girl getting kidnapped and taken overseas when I thought it was her wanting to be a writer. I guess "Don't judge a book by it's cover" is actually true.

daripad

I love reading books. Though I stopped reading other books when I finished reading A song of ice and fire last year and school was a huge factor too. Now I'll just try to read fantasy books to prepare myself for the next iteration.

Also I'm studying histology for my next semester. Need to get ready

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Currently reading this book

YlXDPnxl.jpg

History of Stonewall Riots. I really don't know about the history of the gay rights movement, so I'm getting educated. :p

No :c
This summer is extremely boring, me and my friends want to go outside and do stuff but it's still too hot during the day and we can't hang out at 10pm when it's nice outside.

Bladenic

Orange is the New Black is awesome. It also has quite an incredible portrayal of a trans woman. And really everything else, race, gender, and sexual preference. It's also hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom