• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahasverus

So after months of good relationship between me and my father all that was neccesary was a sight of me and my bf talking two houses besodes me (as he took me home) for my father don't talk to me again. Fuck this life.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Except you have a higher degree of awareness than someone living a more ordinary life? It's like the opposite of a coma. Renunciation is better seen as a form of emancipation rather than escapism, because you're letting go of the things you can't really hold on to anyways, the motive to do so emerges from contact with some of the harsher aspects of reality, it's constructive optimism tempered by sober realism.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but at the same time I feel like you're being a little narrow minded. I feel like you're trying to discount every suggestion that I make - It's a little condescending if I'm being perfectly honest with you. I feel like if you were a little more receptive to my radical approach, you could really learn a thing or two. I think I might also react more favorably to your ideas if I felt more comfortable with letting my defenses down. I think we can work through this, however, so I won't give up hope if you won't. Deal?

What are you doing Why did you quote my post

I'm just trying to have a serious discussion with my friend umop_3pisdn on the subject of...this thing we were talking about. To whom am I currently speaking to? Umop? You there buddy?

I started watching Under The Dome yesteday...

zDmBvwd.jpg

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
So after months of good relationship between me and my father all that was neccesary was a sight of me and my bf talking two houses besodes me (as he took me home) for my father don't talk to me again. Fuck this life.

He's mad that you were talking to your bf? Did you know you were gay? Did he know your bf?

Alcoori

I always say you become and adult when you realize that your parents are just regular human beings and that you don't have to like them or stick with them (I mean, once you're out of the house and independent).

As for this weekend, it was the last few days my parents were visiting me here in NYC so I hung out with them. We went to the MET, saw a classical music concert, ate pizza, had a bottomless mimosa brunch where our waiter was a former Grindr hookup of mine, and I finished it all by dropping my phone and shattering the screen.

I did manage to have sex on Friday night, thus completing my resolution for 2013 which was to sleep with 12 new people, one for each month of the year. I'm a little ahead of schedule but that's OK. It was pretty awesome and a great way to finish the whole thing.
I also discovered that with the right person, spit play is actually really hot.

Ahasverus

What was his reasoning?
I don't have idea.

He's mad that you were talking to your bf? Did you know you were gay? Did he know your bf?

Of course (for 11 months already), he actually liked him at first but things went down fast, for some weird reason, there was a time my bf could STAY at my place, such a think is unthinkable right now; I had 2 gay friends at my house last friday and my father was totally fine (one of them was mi ex bf even) and he was kind to them, yet I was with my bf OUTSIDE the house, just talking, my father gets home, pass thorugh us and closes the door fiercely and then, bam, he doesn't talk to me. I tried to greet him when I got home but I could see the rage on his face, it feels so wrong, it's like if my father accepted that I'm gay ONLY when I don't act gay. Fucked up, and it fucked up my night, too, and I'm so far from graduating from college that I can't figure a way for me to get out of this frustrating cycle. I'm in their house for 2 more years minimum unless some weird miracle happens. After I get my degree I'm so flying to Canada, far, far, far from them, especially him, I love him, but he affects me so damn much. The worst part is that when he's mad he makes my life impossible and manipulates everyone in my house to be equally mad at me. I'm so fucking sad right now, how can people think one could CHOICE this life, it's incredible.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I did manage to have sex on Friday night, thus completing my resolution for 2013 which was to sleep with 12 new people, one for each month of the year. I'm a little ahead of schedule but that's OK.

sluuuuttt!!

Your new goal is to have sex with 12 people at the same time

Of course, he actually liked him at first but things went down fast, for some weird reason; I had 2 gay friends at my house last friday and my father was totally fine (one of them was mi ex bf even) and he was kind to them, yet I was with my bf OUTSIDE the house, just talking, my father gets home, pass thorugh us and closes the door fiercely and then, bam, he doesn't talk to me. I tried to greet him when I got home but I could see the rage on his face, it feels so wrong, it's like if my father accepted that I'm gay ONLY when I don't act gay. Fucked up, and it fucked up my night, too, and I'm so far from graduating from college that I can't figure a way for me to get out of this frustrating cycle. I'm in their house for 2 more years minimum unless some weird miracle happens. After I get my degree I'm so flying far to Canada, far, far, far from them, especially him, I love him, but he affets me so damn much.

Hmm...maybe he's not actually mad at you? Maybe something happened at work or something like that and he's taking it out on you? Give him a few days and see if he won't open up to you a little. It doesn't make any sense that he'd turn on you all of a sudden like that, especially after being okay with it for as long as he has. Has he ever seen you kiss another guy? Did you kiss your bf in the car and did he see you? For some parents, it isn't really "real" until they witness it first hand.

Ahasverus

Hmm...maybe he's not actually mad at you? Maybe something happened at work or something like that and he's taking it out on you? Give him a few days and see if he won't open up to you a little. It doesn't make any sense that he'd turn on you all of a sudden like that, especially after being okay with it for as long as he has. Has he ever seen you kiss another guy? Did you kiss your bf in the car and did he see you? For some parents, it isn't really "real" until they witness it first hand.
Nah he's not mad at the world, he talked normally to my mum and my siblings. He got a laugh with them, even. I don't understand either. And about your last sentence, well, kinda, the first friday in our new home (in our new city where my bf lives) we were watching a movie (Silent Hill 2 :puke: ) in my bedroom with my sister, my father walked in and I was with my bf laying on bed (in no contact) and he ordered us to tur on the lights and open the door and he was a complete ass afterwards (isn't it late?) we had a talk latter and he still at least greeted my bf, the other day I was again in my bedroom with my bf watching silly youtube videos and my father came home early and we didn't hear him until he was at home, we freaked out of course and got away in a rush, of course heard us laughing before and, well he probably thought we were having sex or something, things never came back from that day, but it was like 3 months ago. Still, he didn't tell me anything or whatever, today he just got mad.. I dunno it could be that he definitively hates my bf and not me or whatever but I still feel like shit, and obviously my bf feels like shit too, and, well, I dunnoo what to do other than cry and have crazy thoughts.

Nah he's not mad at the world, he talked normally to my mum and my siblings. He got a laugh with them, even. I don't understand either. And about your last sentence, well, kinda, the first friday in our new home (in our new city where my bf lives) we were watching a movie (Silent Hill 2 :puke: ) in my bedroom with my sister, my father walked in and I was with my bf laying on bed (in no contact) and he ordered us to tur on the lights and open the door and he was a complete ass afterwards (isn't it late?) we had a talk latter and he still at least greeted my bf, the other day I was again in my bedroom with my bf watching silly youtube videos and my father came home early and we didn't hear him until he was at home, we freaked out of course and got away in a rush, of course heard us laughing before and, well he probably thought we were having sex or something, things never came back from that day, but it was like 3 months ago. Still, he didn't tell me anything or whatever, today he just got mad.. I dunno it could be that he definitively hates my bf and not me or whatever but I still feel like shit, and obviously my bf feels like shit too, and, well, I dunnoo what to do other than cry and have crazy thoughts.
I know I am I'm no place to tell you this, or my opinion, because I've had quite a few breakdowns in this thread regarding my parents but you should think that is your and your boyfriends relationship. Not your Dad's. You could occupy yourself with something while you're at your home and your dad is around or something, maybe go out with your bf or friends more. Anything to get you away from what's bringing you down.

Mr_Zombie

I love how they heralded LA Noire as "next-gen facial technology" and it was immediately followed (and overshadowed) by about a million other games like Crysis 3, GoW Ascension, Halo 4 etc.

I've only played Crysis 3 from that bunch of games, but do they really surpass LA Noire's facial animation? From what I've seen LA Noire has amazing facial animations. From gifs alone you can conclude what the character is thinking or saying; it's like watching real people, only a little bit plastic. Not to mention, unlike C3, GoW Ascentions and H4, there are a lot of unique characters in that game.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Are your mom and siblings "on your side"? Maybe you could have them probe your dad for you? Have them casually ask him why he's not speaking to you/why he's angry with you? I don't know what else you could possibly do. Just give him time. He might come around again, but then again he might not. I'm sorry he's acting like this all of a sudden. :(

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I love how they heralded LA Noire as "next-gen facial technology" and it was immediately followed (and overshadowed) by about a million other games like Crysis 3, GoW Ascension, Halo 4 etc.

I loved how their faces were so crazy detailed but their bodies' designs and animations were just plain fugly. It was a funny dichotomy.

Ty4on

I've only played Crysis 3 from that bunch of games, but do they really surpass LA Noire's facial animation? From what I've seen LA Noire has amazing facial animations. From gifs alone you can conclude what the character is thinking or saying; it's like watching real people, only a little bit plastic. Not to mention, unlike C3, GoW Ascentions and H4, there are a lot of unique characters in that game.

I think they look better than next gen games animation wise. They're just so fluid in comparison. Even The Dark Sorcerer had worse facial animation.

I think they look better than next gen games animation wise. They're just so fluid in comparison. Even The Dark Sorcerer had worse facial animation.
I haven't played L.A. Noire but I always thought the facial animations looked like a video pasted on top of a mesh and that was a big turn off.

The crazy cop son is cute and has datass :eek:
He doesn't do anything for me, probably the crazy isn't helping him...

Biggest turn off for LA Noire's aesthetic for me was how "grounded" the faces looked. Not to say that it's a bad idea to try and look realistic, but the faces in Halo 4 and Crysis 3 and The Last of Us and what have you just looked a lot "sharper" by comparison largely due to the textures. Noire's, from what I've seen, just seem uninspired, but that might just be because they tried to directly interpret IRL faces in a current-gen environment.

Ty4on

It's a bad idea to discuss subjective things, but for me regular video game faces with high res textures and great shaders just looks like rubber masks pulled by strings that I have gotten used to. When I watch LA Noire footage I see all these subtle movements we all make, but they stand out because I've never seen them before in a video game. The textures are muddy, but I've never really cared that much about textures. I like good ones, but geometry, animations and lightning are number one for me.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

The faces of the characters on L.A Noire are basically FMV of the performances. So you are watching basically a recording of the actor on the face of the character with some neat tricks to blend it in. The negatives were that it was pretty heavy on budget and a pain to synchronize at times with the bodies which motion capture still seems to be a better thing to use at the moment.The eyes look terrible cause of the material they used on the character models which shows some noob mistakes in a few of areas. Overall L.A Noire isnt doing anything new as games like Siren on Ps2 did that stuff before.

I haven't played L.A. Noire but I always thought the facial animations looked like a video pasted on top of a mesh and that was a big turn off.

He doesn't do anything for me, probably the crazy isn't helping him...
Yep its video pasted on top of the mesh basically.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Wha...? This is all new to me.

I seem to be the only one who ever updates it, although I think DMPrince and that Greek dude who doesn't post here anymore still have access. If anybody has a Tumblr and want me to add them to the admin list so the fap-o-tron will get more activity, let me know.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
21 today!

F7PFJvR.gif

Actually pretty tame. Going out to eat with my parents. I'll go drinking with my friends soon though! I'll be having wine legally tomorrow!

Sai-kun

Banned
I seem to be the only one who ever updates it, although I think DMPrince and that Greek dude who doesn't post here anymore still have access. If anybody has a Tumblr and want me to add them to the admin list so the fap-o-tron will get more activity, let me know.

meeee please

21 today!

F7PFJvR.gif

Actually pretty tame. Going out to eat with my parents. I'll go drinking with my friends soon though! I'll be having wine legally tomorrow!

Happy bday!

fun fact: Im the same age as the NES. I hate it whenever someone makes a birthday thread for the system lol Makes me feel old :(

I just discovered my first white chest hair. Feels bad mang.

It's just a single rogue hair (which I immediately plucked, lol)... how long do I have before my pubes start turning grey?

I never considered dyeing my beard or head, but I don't think I can handle a salt and pepper bush.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I just discovered my first white chest hair. Feels bad mang.

It's just a single rogue hair (which I immediately plucked, lol)... how long do I have before my pubes start turning grey?

I never considered dyeing my beard or head, but I don't think I can handle a salt and pepper bush.

Don't dye your hair! White/grey is so sexy! Just roll with it! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom