• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai-kun

Banned
Tonight will be my last night of freedom before i have to start adhering to a decent sleep schedule for school.

We are going to fucking PARTY. Roommate/Best Friend/NeoGAF User "Dany M" will be there with me every step of the way.

if u dont join us i'm gonna talk shit in a neogaf post about u danny!!!

SAT/ACTgayGAF: For some reason I've always been really good at standardized testing but really awful at actual classes. I only have two years of college done but scored a 31 on the ACT, with a 34/31 in non-math stuff and a 26 in math stuff. It hasn't come up yet in terms of actual college applications, though.

Tonight will be my last night of freedom before i have to start adhering to a decent sleep schedule for school.

We are going to fucking PARTY. Roommate/Best Friend/NeoGAF User "Dany M" will be there with me every step of the way.

if u dont join us i'm gonna talk shit in a neogaf post about u danny!!!

hetouchedthebutt.gif

bsej87

SAT/ACTgayGAF: For some reason I've always been really good at standardized testing but really awful at actual classes. I only have two years of college done but scored a 31 on the ACT, with a 34/31 in non-math stuff and a 26 in math stuff. It hasn't come up yet in terms of actual college applications, though.

Standardized tests are this weird, artificial metric. However, they're necessary as a way to "level the playing field" as far as the various applicants go to take into account grade inflation, difficulty, etc. Some studies have shown there's a correlation between scores on those tests and success in school, but it's not a rule by any means. Good news: no one really gives a shit about your GRE score so long as you're competent and don't hardcore fail a section: Bad news: Your MCAT score is your *life*.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
If he ever gets depressed again I know a way I could help to cheer him up.
dhj4ymyii.gif
But he likes men.

:p

Mark1

Tom Daley in Glasgow wearing a kilt
CSllycf.jpg

Showing off his thighs :O -
ucqaUrl.jpg

Clarifies he is not gay

Link is banned so I'll do a copy and paste -

British diving athlete Tom Daley certainly likes to make a splash, so it's unsurprising that he wore a kilt to promote the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Scotland, yesterday.
The 19-year-old was unveiled as the new ambassador for the eagerly-anticipated event, which will take place in July.
Wearing a green chequered kilt with a navy blue jumper, the Olympic bronze medalist joined Sir Chris Hoy, Jessica Ennis-Hill and Rebecca Adlington to build the event's profile during a major PR launch in Glasgow's city centre.

Delighting the crowds, Daley took to the stage at the Old Fruit Market and teased onlookers by flashing his muscular thighs.

The stunt, which caused deafening screams of delight, will do little to quell interest from girls and gay fans alike - many of whom are hoping Daley is also homosexual.
But the diving champion insists there'll be no 'coming out'.

'I think it’s funny when people say I’m gay... I laugh it off,' he told The Mirror newspaper after being voted the world’s­ sexiest man in Attitude magazine, last week.
'I’m not. But even if I was, I wouldn’t be ashamed. It wouldn’t bother me in the slightest what people thought. But I can understand why I have a massive gay following – I spend most of my life half naked in trunks on a diving board showing off my bare chest.'
'I often joke I wear more to bed than I do to work. But I’m cool with my gay following. It’s great to have gay fans even though my friends gently take the mick.'

Sexuality aside, Daley's professional achievements have made him an obvious choice to promote the forthcoming games.
At 14 he represented Great Britain at the Beijing Olympics, then won two Commonwealth gold medals in the synchronised and individual diving competitions at the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi.
Speaking ahead of yesterday's launch, Daley said: ‘I’m really looking forward to seeing Glasgow and be a part of the countdown to the Commonwealth Games.

‘I want everyone to get behind the games and all the athletes. It’ll be fun but tough. I have great memories of winning gold in Delhi, so I’m totally focused on training and holding on to my title.

‘In April, I experienced the enthusiasm of Scottish crowds when I won gold at the Royal Commonwealth Pool in Edinburgh, which is the same pool for the Commonwealth Games. I can’t wait to be back there next year and go for gold again.’

David Grevemberg, chief executive of Glasgow 2014, said: ‘Tom’s the prefect ambassador to inspire young people about sport and help us get everyone involved in the UK’s next major sporting celebration.

‘We’re delighted to welcome him as an official ambassador for the games and look forward to introducing him to Glasgow this weekend, and working with him over the next year to deliver the friendliest of family-friendly games.’
If quoting banned sites isn't allowed - I'll remove the article.

Caladrius

The general point is there are many, many men with same sex attractions here due to the unfortunate reality of demographics.

I keep getting butterflies in my stomach near my only current friend even though I'm fully aware there's 0% chance for anything to happen. This makes no sense and is uncomfortable make it stop.

daripad

The general point is there are many, many men with same sex attractions here due to the unfortunate reality of demographics.

I keep getting butterflies in my stomach near my only current friend even though I'm fully aware there's 0% chance for anything to happen. This makes no sense and is uncomfortable make it stop.

The same has happened to me this week with a friend. We had a long time of not seeing each other but then he asked me to hugh him (which is weird here). Then magically I'm a bit attracted to him. When I first met him I though he was gay but by some comments he has made, I don't think he is :/ Life is annoying sometimes, but I won't insist, I don't want a relationship yet.

gerg

That's definitely a factor, but given what has been posted in this thread in the past it wouldn't surprise me if women don't feel particularly included in it.

daripad

I like this thread knowing I'm talking to like minded people whom are attracted to the same sex. Feels good.

I wish I could do that in reall life.
Me: Look, that guy is cute
Friend: I don't think so, that guy next to him is better.

Instead my life is like this:
Friend: Look, that girl is pretty
Me: Well, hummm, so, yeah, she indeed is. I guess. But that other girl is cute.
My firends: WTF?

I'm done with my exams and it's my birthday, time to get smashed :D :D

Replace shots with beer though...

Happy Birthday! I'm on exams, I have one today, but it feels like is going to be difficult though I know a lot of it :'(

Mark1

I wish I could do that in reall life.
Me: Look, that guy is cute
Friend: I don't think so, that guy next to him is better.

Instead my life is like this:
Friend: Look, that girl is pretty
Me: Well, hummm, so, yeah, she indeed is. I guess. But that other girl is cute.
My firends: WTF?
Look for gay social groups. I'm sure it would be amazing to talk about guys with them. I'm joining a gay running group. So stoked, get to meet gays face to face. Since it's fitness related there's a good chance there'll be someone I like and want to ask out.

EDIT: The thought of feeling comfortable talking about guys I've liked to others is going to be amazing. Our society should not make us gay people feel uncomfortable talking about what we want when heterosexuals can easily talk about their stuff so easily.

daripad

Look for gay social groups. I'm sure it would be amazing to talk about guys with them. I'm joining a gay running group. So stoked, get to meet gays face to face. Since it's fitness related there's a good chance there'll be someone I like and want to ask out.

EDIT: The thought of feeling comfortable talking about guys I've liked to others is going to be amazing. Our society should not make us gay people feel uncomfortable talking about what we want when heterosexuals can easily talk about their stuff so easily.

I haven't come out yet, and I won't do that in the near future, so it is impossible for me to do that. Plus, I don't have much time when I'm at school the whole week.

EDIT: That won't hapen anytime soon, but I hope I'm still young when that happens. I want to speak with freedom.

Mark1

I haven't come out yet, and I won't do that in the near future, so it is impossible for me to do that. Plus, I don't have much time when I'm at school the whole week.

EDIT: That won't hapen anytime soon, but I hope I'm still young when that happens. I want to speak with freedom.
No one needs to know you're taking part in these social groups. It might do you some good, but if you don't want to that's fine.

I've only come out to family and some friends. Mind you I want the whole world to know so I can happily talk about men to others. I have to be careful when liking certain celebs on FaceBook in case if others get notified of my actions.

daripad

No one needs to know you're taking part in these social groups. It might do you some good, but if you don't want to that's fine.

I've only come out to family and some friends. Mind you I want the whole world to know so I can happily talk about men to others. I have to be careful when liking certain celebs on FaceBook in case if others get notified of my actions.

Anyway, I don't think there are a variety of gay social groups here. Hell, there are few for videogames. Moving out of here would permit me to join to a group, but it has to be a place that have them :/

KmA

So my brother was in my room doing some paperwork while I was reading and doing other stuff. He started talking to me about how same-sex couples get the same benefits as other married couples and how that's so dumb. I didn't want to start an argument and I didn't want to give him any hints of my sexuality so I just kept quiet. I just found it really odd for him to just come out (hurhur) and say that. I've known that my family doesn't "approve" of homosexuality but they are never blatant in their dislike for it. It's just something that is unspoken and we ignore it. Unlucky for them, they have their own little homosexual secret ready to burst (me).

Another thing that bothers me about my brother is how much of a humanist he is. He was totally into Snowden and constantly gives to charity. He even went on a trip to help a town ravaged by a tornado or a flood or something. He's a good guy and smart too. It just feels odd for him to talk down about a group of people when he works so hard to do right by everyone.

Mark1

I've known that my family doesn't "approve" of homosexuality but they are never blatant in their dislike for it. It's just something that is unspoken and we ignore it. Unlucky for them, they have their own little homosexual secret ready to burst (me).

Another thing that bothers me about my brother is how much of a humanist he is. He was totally into Snowden and constantly gives to charity. He even went on a trip to help a town ravaged by a tornado or a flood or something. He's a good guy and smart too. It just feels odd for him to talk down about a group of people when he works so hard to do right by everyone.
You might find when your family find out about your homosexuality they'll be startled a bit, but after a while will realise there's nothing wrong with it since someone from their family feels this way. I've seen this happen.

Speaking from experience, trying to push the awkward feelings away will make it worse, you can pretty much only endure them and always feel a bit off when you're around him and if you're aware of that there isn't really anything to catch you by surprise but that means being aware of a persistent low level of discomfort which naturally you'll probably tire of, though that will probably go away eventually...

Guys I find life enchanting again, I'm so open and elated that I feel like I'm on LSD but I'm not. I didn't realize just how defeated and closed off I was. It's like all of this exuberance and sensitivity I was drowning in this black pit of unconsciousness is exploding forth and making up for all the time it spent obscured. I finally get the goal of therapy in tangible/felt way and I never actually received any! :p

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Guys I find life enchanting again, I'm so open and elated that I feel like I'm on LSD but I'm not. I didn't realize just how defeated and closed off I was. It's like all of this exuberance and sensitivity I was drowning in this black pit of unconsciousness is exploding forth and making up for all the time it spent obscured. I finally get the goal of therapy in tangible/felt way and I never actually received any! :p

Are you still going to be a monk?

Are you still going to be a monk?

Probably, but I feel less of a sense of desperation about it. I might set it off by a few more years.

This is still really new though and I basically feel like a different person, so I'll continue with this process and see the type of person I end up as.

edit: Wow I practically just had a 'cry from happiness' moment, this is so weird! My entire body is like electric maybe someone is slipping me low doses of LSD. I have to go, bye GAF.

Ty4on

edit: Wow I practically just had a 'cry from happiness' moment, this is so weird! My entire body is like electric maybe someone is slipping me low doses of LSD. I have to go, bye GAF.

The body's own way of drugging us never ceases to amaze me. I've never tried "drugs" stronger than alcohol and caffeine, but give me the right music and or the right thing to think about at the right time and I'm in a state of euphoria :p

Sai-kun

Banned
Ty: I have done slightly more than alcohol and caffeine ;p but I still feel the same way. In the right mood and with the right music, I can totally just go to another place.

Music fuckin rules!

Also it's hot, so I'm goin' to the beach. Got my portable speaker with me, dance party time.

Sibylus

Banned
Happy to hear that, umop! Blunted emotional affect can be so hard to root out, one of those problems that just lurks below awareness for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom