• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Isaac

edit: Wow I practically just had a 'cry from happiness' moment, this is so weird! My entire body is like electric maybe someone is slipping me low doses of LSD. I have to go, bye GAF.

Was that a pretty random moment? I sometimes get those. They're really weird, but awesome.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Probably, but I feel less of a sense of desperation about it. I might set it off by a few more years.

This is still really new though and I basically feel like a different person, so I'll continue with this process and see the type of person I end up as.

Congrats :)

edit: Wow I practically just had a 'cry from happiness' moment, this is so weird! My entire body is like electric maybe someone is slipping me low doses of LSD. I have to go, bye GAF.

Have you been checked by a doctor? You should have him order a CAT scan.

for srs

oh my god straight people who show off around other guys are the worst I swear YOU DON'T NEET TO TAKE OFF YOUR SHORTS IN FRONT OF ME ASSHOLE HOW AM I NOT SUPPOSED TO STARE god damn here I am trying not to be a creep and people do this smfh

RM8

You need to eventually accept that you'll be exposed to attractive people, and that automatically going into "MUST HUMP" mode is just not very functional. Basically, stop being a horndog :p

You need to eventually accept that you'll be exposed to attractive people, and that automatically going into "MUST HUMP" mode is just not very functional. Basically, stop being a horndog :p
No you don't understand I am a teenager and teenagers are always in must hump mode.

Seriously though, I'd like to think that I'm not a horndog. I don't stare at guys much at all (exception is one guy) There's lots and lots of attractive people at my school and I never think much of it.

I'm not making much of it at all, dude was just fucking around. Simple fun, but it just seemed funny to me because I would never think this kind of stuff would happen to me of all people.

Also I'd like to say thank you Rm88, you have like some really good words of wisdom that make me think deeper about the stuff I write in here, lol.

The body's own way of drugging us never ceases to amaze me. I've never tried "drugs" stronger than alcohol and caffeine, but give me the right music and or the right thing to think about at the right time and I'm in a state of euphoria :p

I know what you mean. There is even a stronger example, this is something I've never experienced but there are supposedly these meditative states called 'jhanas' where you're supposed to experience a degree of joy that is beyond any other we can normally experience. Like people can start shaking and they have like tears of joy running down their faces and stuff. And then they come out of it more clear headed than when they began with no 'burnout' effect, and you can just keep doing it indefinitely with no 'tolerance' or anything. And that's apparently a thing the brain can just do if you practice certain cognitive skills enough! Like it emerges from within because you are so collected on some mental object that the external world ceases to exist.

Happy to hear that, umop! Blunted emotional affect can be so hard to root out, one of those problems that just lurks below awareness for so long.

Yeah, I was really surprised! I actually think this was something that started when I was really young, like a maturation failure.

What brought it on was actually a certain kind of neurofeedback. If you're ever in like the San Fran area (I know you live in BC?) you might feel like looking into the guy who made the software I'm using. I've fooled around with various neurofeedback modalities but this is actually living up to the bold therapeutic potential I imagined possible from this discipline.

Was that a pretty random moment? I sometimes get those. They're really weird, but awesome.

I don't even know what it was in response to :p I was sort of just thinking about some stuff and I got that 'tears welling up' feeling. It was like looking back on my life and looking forward to the future at the same time or something, it's hard to describe. But it was great.

Congrats :)

Have you been checked by a doctor? You should have him order a CAT scan.

for srs

Thank you :)

It's nice that you're concerned, I probably would be too. I think it was a combination of weird brain rewiring stuff plus a lot of caffeine/increased caffeine sensitivity, as I mentioned the sensation was reminiscent of my experience with psychedelics but in a somewhat milder and more productive form. It wasn't like a new or scary sensation like the descriptions I've read of strokes, for example, and I eventually 'crashed' and lacked energy for a bit which goes with my caffeine hypothesis.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
If you're ever in like the San Fran area (I know you live in BC?) you might feel like looking into the guy who made the software I'm using. I've fooled around with various neurofeedback modalities but this is actually living up to the bold therapeutic potential I imagined possible from this discipline.

This amazing software isn't available online?

It's nice that you're concerned, I probably would be too. I think it was a combination of weird brain rewiring stuff plus a lot of caffeine/increased caffeine sensitivity, as I mentioned the sensation was reminiscent of my experience with psychedelics but in a somewhat milder and more productive form. It wasn't like a new or scary sensation like the descriptions I've read of strokes, for example, and I eventually 'crashed' and lacked energy for a bit which goes with my caffeine hypothesis.

If you notice anything weird or painful promise me you'll go to the doctor right away oke? :)

Oh um it's just like some weird neurofeedback thing. Like I bought an EEG with a copy of Bioexplorer (neurofeedback software) so you attach electrodes to your head to read your brainwaves, then the software processes it and gives you feedback in real time about what's up depending on the established criteria. There's a lot of different places you can put the electrodes, and a lot of different things to look at in the raw EEG data, etc. I've tried a bunch of stuff out because I've had this stuff for a while, but the thing I noticed the strongest therapeutic benefit from is from something I started a few days ago called 'TAG sync' or Theta-Alpha-Gamma synchrony training. The guy has a few websites that goes into some detail about it, and his master site is here. There's also a yahoo! groups thing where people discuss this method.

I originally got interested in neurofeedback to see if there was a way of learning meditation easier, which is what eventually lead me to this method since it's particularly useful for cultivating a kind of internal vigilance that is essentially the same thing as 'mindfulness'. So basically what I was doing is just practicing basic mindfulness of breathing meditation while my computer is sending sound through my headphones. I just didn't expect it to have the sudden effect that it did. I guess the theory for why it works is when people try to change certain maladaptive habits the thing that holds them back is a lack of awareness about them, so if this cultivates a more effortless or continuous kind of vigilance akin to mindfulness (as it seems to) the idea is you're better able to see these maladaptive tendencies and more effortlessly transcend them. What really surprised me is I immediately realized some maladaptive habits I wasn't even aware of before, and that realization ended up being pretty powerful.

Spree

Thanks for the info. After reading around a bit, I think I get what it is. At first I thought it involved using an electric current on your brain or something.

Pretty interesting stuff.

Thanks for the info. After reading around a bit, I think I get what it is. At first I thought it involved using an electric current on your brain or something.

Pretty interesting stuff.

Yeah it's pretty cool. I was really interested in it from reading about it but then my actual experiences were a bit lackluster and I was getting a bit cynical about my investment until I tried this out. Hopefully the benefits will continue.

Delio

So I met up with the guy ive been talking to for a month. He was very shy at first but opene dup rather fast. We went to a bookstore then I took him to a museum he had not been to for some years and he enjoyed it. Then we went and got some nice Vietnamese food ( got Pho beef).

We came back to the hotel and my family was still gone so..we didnt have sex but we kissed quite a lot. Then we just cuddled that was something he really wanted to do with me. It just felt good to lay there so close to someone and just idly rub our hands together or run my finger over his skin or just feel him snuggling into me with a smile on his face.

We are already planning on meeting up again. All in all I had such a fun time and I really do like him.

ivysaur12

Banned
Yeah it's pretty cool. I was really interested in it from reading about it but then my actual experiences were a bit lackluster and I was getting a bit cynical about my investment until I tried this out. Hopefully the benefits will continue.

Hmm, that's so interesting. Hope it all works out.

I had the worst sex since high school last night. Bar none, horrendous.

Menaged

So I met up with the guy ive been talking to for a month. He was very shy at first but opene dup rather fast. We went to a bookstore then I took him to a museum he had not been to for some years and he enjoyed it. Then we went and got some nice Vietnamese food ( got Pho beef).

We came back to the hotel and my family was still gone so..we didnt have sex but we kissed quite a lot. Then we just cuddled that was something he really wanted to do with me. It just felt good to lay there so close to someone and just idly rub our hands together or run my finger over his skin or just feel him snuggling into me with a smile on his face.

We are already planning on meeting up again. All in all I had such a fun time and I really do like him.

That's amazing!!
I'm so glad for you, and truly hope that you'll meet him again soon.
Maybe it's due to my limited experience, but I think I kinda prefer making out in a way then all the other stuff. There's something very naive and fun about it.

....What happened?

Aww Cute! Keep us updated :)

Dammnn :eek:. I agree with Trigger, some details would be needed Lol

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It is, but it also requires hardware and is a bit of an investment. He was the only guy I know of that offers training sessions so I thought if he wanted to try it out or whatever that would be a lower commitment thing.

Ah, okay. That does sound really interesting though. Is there, like, a ghetto version on youtube or something?

There's a lot of different places you can put the electrodes

Can you put them on your penis?

Sibylus

Banned
Yeah, I was really surprised! I actually think this was something that started when I was really young, like a maturation failure.

What brought it on was actually a certain kind of neurofeedback. If you're ever in like the San Fran area (I know you live in BC?) you might feel like looking into the guy who made the software I'm using. I've fooled around with various neurofeedback modalities but this is actually living up to the bold therapeutic potential I imagined possible from this discipline.
BC indeed. Does this mad scientist have a website?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
As if Chespin fans needed any more confirmation that they're backing the worst starter, look no further than that hideous Hariboogu evolution. What a #FLOP

ibvTYucvYSp6CT.gif

Thanks! Since it's kind of a 'pioneering' field sometimes I start to wonder if it's a placebo or something because it's this weird thing I've never really heard that much about, like if it were more common place it would have a greater image of validity to me or something.

Ah, okay. That does sound really interesting though. Is there, like, a ghetto version on youtube or something?

Not really, unfortunately.

Well on the hardware end there's the open.EEG project where you can build an EEG that works with Bioexplorer for like $200. But the Bioexplorer software itself is pretty expensive. And then the design I've been using within that software is a really new thing, and this is a niche field to begin with so I don't know of anyone trying to emulate it. I could see it becoming more common down the line, though, it seems like that's how it tends to go.

Can you put them on your penis?

I suppose you could, I don't think it would pick up any brainwaves there, though! Probably just the electrical impulses from your pelvic floor muscle or something :p

Oh god. I think mine just shriveled thinking about it.
They're just sensors, they don't really emit anything, it would just be like having a piece of silver or something (that's usually what they're made of) on your penis.

Thank you for the infos umop
I thought you were sick or something :(

Sorry to worry you D: I'm not as far as I know, mostly just 'the human condition'/mental type stuff. I'm not really sure how I rate on the spectrum, but I guess we could all stand to be "more sane" :p

If these are the electrodes I'm thinking of (they kinda stick onto via suction cup, make your hand tense up really bad and stuff) then please, no, do not put them on your penis.

Nah, they're just a conductive piece of metal meant to pick up electrical signals coming from your body to collect data, they don't really 'do' anything in a direct way beyond picking up the signals and sending them to a computer to be analyzed.

BC indeed. Does this mad scientist have a website?

He does, here is his main one:
http://growing.com/

Labrys

Nah, they're just a conductive piece of metal meant to pick up electrical signals coming from your body to collect data, they don't really 'do' anything in a direct way beyond picking up the signals and sending them to a computer to be analyzed.

Oh, I see now. That make a bit more sense, looking back. I think what I was thinking of is used for muscle therapy or something along those lines, my dad used them after he got in a car accident.

ivysaur12

Banned
That's amazing!!
I'm so glad for you, and truly hope that you'll meet him again soon.
Maybe it's due to my limited experience, but I think I kinda prefer making out in a way then all the other stuff. There's something very naive and fun about it.

....What happened?

Ugh.

So, I've been chatting with this guy on Jack'd. He goes to a local college. So last night, I texted him and I drove over to pick him up.

He was hot, but in that fratty, college way. Also, total fratstar. Which is fine! I was a total fratstar back in the day. And the prospect of hooking up with a 19 year old (I'm 23) was too good to pass up.

So, he lives in his fraternity's house, so I drive him back to my place. The most awkward conversation -- he's a huge douche and just keeps talking about his frat frat frat. Like, I get it. I was him at one point, but I could also hold multiple avenues of conversation, especially with someone who never attended the same school as me. Frat frat frat frat.

(EDIT: sorry, I'm new here and didn't realize how explicit or not explicit I should be. Reading the POPGAF RIP thread made me edit this post. Basically, he wasn't into it and it was awful.)

One of the most awkward car rides home. Drop him off, then he texts me "yeah dude, think it'd be better if we'd be buds." to which I reply "Oh yeah, that was pretty awful, I was going to say the same thing"

Ugh.

bsej87

Natural Light brand beer

On the plus side: fratstars are notoriously shallow and vain, so take it as a compliment on your looks and charm?

RM8

I like that Froakie is popular. I can't wait to razor leaf the lot of them into oblivion with my superior starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom