• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RM8

I haven't been playing a lot. I recently bought Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, and as Dragonlife can tell you, I still suck hard :p Need to memorize the tracks and stuff. But holy clap, it's easily the best racer I've played in ages, I kind of want to buy the botched 3DS version only to have it on the go. But that's when I get back from Japan, I arrived today! All I can say is om nom nom, and I'm not talking about the godly curry >:3

Grakl

A game's soundtrack and art style can trump everything else for me. Those two things usually make it more memorable than anything else.

He is really hot and I do want to bang him, but that's beside the point, haha. I didn't find him THAT hot until I fell for his personality actually, well, before he became all douchy that is. :/

And you're sure he wasn't just being facetious? That's a shame.

turns out an attractive friend of a friend is probably gay and woah there i'm not used to feeling like this. shame i'm useless at making things happen (lol).

Just try winging it.

Better than letting the opportunity go by.

Metal Gear Rising was shit

Get out.

Get out, forever.

Odinson

What do you guys like about gaming then? What are your favorite games?

I like games I can get lost in and immerse you. I also love fighting games. Some of my favorites are capcom fighters (UMvC3, SF4), Mario Galaxy 1&2, RE4, Metroid Prime 1 and 3, paper mario series, naruto ninja storm..etc. I'm loving Zombie U right now and playing sticker star on 3DS.

nickcv

i know this is an old post, but i was catching up on the thread....

"Anonymous" sounds hot...pics? :p

And I'm a..... 6 (Exclusively homosexual). :\

Still ironic, sicne one of (the many) reasons I've been told I'm single is because "I need to act and be more gay!!". Guess I'll wear a tiara next time a do the test. *sighs* Bak to my hole.

WAT?
what does this even mean?

you have to look like if you are going every day to attend a gay pride to get a bf now?

And you're sure he wasn't just being facetious? That's a shame.
Yeah, I'm positive, he didn't even see it as a bad thing to say. I mean, of course people would want to have sex with him since he has a body of a body builder and shirtless pics of himself up on the gay community, they would want him even if he was a butterface. There is no reaso to even praise your good looks imo.

He also calls me overdramatic sometimes and doesn't get that it's not okay to even joke about having camsex and stuff like that, it drives me nuts sometimes. :S
Guess I'll have to meet him to really see what he is like.

Prez

Yeah, I'm positive, he didn't even see it as a bad thing to say. I mean, of course people would want to have sex with him since he has a body of a body builder and shirtless pics of himself up on the gay community, they would want him even if he was a butterface. There is no reaso to even praise your good looks imo.

He also calls me overdramatic sometimes and doesn't get that it's not okay to even joke about having camsex and stuff like that, it drives me nuts sometimes. :S
Guess I'll have to meet him to really see what he is like.

You'll regret it eventually but do as you please.

You'll regret it eventually but do as you please.
I'm worried about that. :/ It just feels like he has more to lose than me if he is an ass, since he tried to date me about this time last year and I completely shot him down, so I dunno, it just feels like he is really interested.
Probably the romantic in me talking. :(

Prez

I'm worried about that. :/ It just feels like he has more to lose than me if he is an ass, since he tried to date me about this time last year and I completely shot him down, so I dunno, it just feels like he is really interested.

I've been there and trust me, he's not really interested in you.

BeesEight

Hey Del,

Sorry about Sunday - ended up getting really busy and was away from my computer for quite awhile. Barely got any work done myself. I tried to catch you Saturday evening but seemed I missed you.

I don't visit the thread often enough to see you return, but I'm glad you're back Bees. I enjoy your posts.

Oh you. :3

But that's when I get back from Japan, I arrived today! All I can say is om nom nom, and I'm not talking about the godly curry >:3

Their curry is awful. (Well, it's good but has zero spice to it)

FoneBone

That's something that I always find annoying on personals sites: people referring to themselves as "sexy," "handsome," "adorable," et cetera. If you have pics, just let other people be the judge of that!

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
It just feels like he has more to lose than me if he is an ass, since he tried to date me about this time last year and I completely shot him down, so I dunno, it just feels like he is really interested.

It's likely he isn't used to being told 'no,' but you're still just another conquest to him -- one that's probably been a bit more resistant to his allure, so he'll put in a modicum of effort in order to get that notch on the bedpost.

Continuing to talk to him, let alone meet in person, is simply leaving yourself open to more derogatory comments and being emotionally toyed with.

It's likely he isn't used to being told 'no,' but you're still just another conquest to him -- one that's probably been a bit more resistant to his allure, so he'll put in a modicum of effort in order to get that notch on the bedpost.

That's likely pretty accurate, I don't think that I'm so vain but I kind of enjoy the chase, speaking for myself he's probably just trying to convince you that he's worthwhile to satisfy his ego. I catch myself having that urge all the time but I usually disengage from it because it's pretty stupid.

nickcv

Hm, the guy I'm about to date said this to me today:
"You should be happy that you get a chance of happiness with me - a guy that everybody wants.

I got kind of mad and told him that it makes me feel ugly and should thank my lucky stars that I get to date him because I would never be able to find someone else who is attractive.
He couldn't understand my reaction. -__-

I can be a jerk some times (often?) but if someone would have told me something like that i'd have read his life and ripped his heart out...

you seem like a nice guy, and i can tell that from your calm and sad reaction to such an awful statement.
you clearly deserve much better, bail out and don't ever turn back.
If he's not even able to understand what was wrong with what he said it really means that his ego is clearly too big and the only person he would be in a relationship with is himself.

spare yourself several nights of crying yourself to sleep and getting angry over a jerk that clearly does not deserve you.

edit:

you'll probably have better chances to teach pigs how to fly, but it's your call... be careful!

The things that makes me so confused about him is that he doesn't seem to be in it for just sex either, I mean, we have talked for 3 months now, and it kind of feels like he would have bailed by now if sex was all he wanted, right?

"Look, I'm fit, I work out, I tan, I do everything I can to look my best, I think it's only fair that you do the same for me."
I really rolled my eyes when he said that, and gave him an earful, I think he is used to getting his way and is shocked that I'm talking back and setting up boundaries.

Sai-kun

Banned
lmao how are you still even talking to him

although i have to admit, i probably would be too. could never turn my eyes away from a train wreck.

nickcv

The things that makes me so confused about him is that he doesn't seem to be in it for just sex either, I mean, we have talked for 3 months now, and it kind of feels like he would have bailed by now if sex was all he wanted, right?

"Look, I'm fit, I work out, I tan, I do everything I can to look my best, I think it's only fair that you do the same for me."
I really rolled my eyes when he said that, and gave him an earful, I think he is used to getting his way and is shocked that I'm talking back and setting up boundaries.

the main problem is that the first time you shot him down, so you are the one giving him a second chance, but seems like he doesn't even acknowledge it since you are the one "lucky" to have a shot at "happiness" with him.

you didn't even had a first date and he's already demanding something from you, and what he wants is that you conform your lifestyle to what he thinks is important.

bail out!

edit:

what i'd have told him is:
"Look, I'm nice, I help people, I don't pretend to lecture people i barely know, I do everything I can to be a nice person, I think it's only fair that you do the same for me."

the main problem is that the first time you shot him down, so you are the one giving him a second chance, but seems like he doesn't even acknowledge it since you are the one "lucky" to have a shot at "happiness" with him.

you didn't even had a first date and he's already demanding something from you, and what he wants is that you conform your lifestyle to what he thinks is important.

bail out!

edit:

what i'd have told him is:
"Look, I'm nice, I help people, I don't pretend to lecture people i barely know, I do everything I can to be a nice person, I think it's only fair that you do the same for me."
That is basically what I told him, haha. I said "I don't see why you even wanted to contact me to begin with if you want to change who I am." but he doesn't see it as changing, just improving.

I actually lost 27lbs since New Year, it was for my own sake but the motivation was to look nice when I meet him, and after that he said "good job, now if you go to the tanning salon, you don't have to look like a ghost."
Haha, he probably has a point, but still.

nickcv

That is basically what I told him, haha. I said "I don't see why you even wanted to contact me to begin with if you want to change who I am." but he doesn't see it as changing, just improving.

I actually lost 27lbs since New Year, it was for my own sake but the motivation was to look nice when I meet him, and after that he said "good job, now if you go to the tanning salon, you don't have to look like a ghost."
Haha, he probably has a point, but still.

but the point is that you shouldn't start a relationship trying to change someone.

it's not like you wanted to get tanned and get some bigger muscles and so you went to your lovely boyfriend who's a bodybuilder and likes you no matter what, but because you are asking for his help he's more then happy to help you out and reach your goals.

here we are talking about a person that is basically making some pretenses about what you are supposed to change about your person for you to become an eligible partner for him.

This is not a reality about people trying to conquer the privilege to stay with him, he's not the bachelor, he's the one who was shut down and he better acknowledge it soon.
What he needs is an healthy dose of reality.

just out of curiosity exactly what do you guys have in common? what do you like about him?

ps: I understand if you want to get tanned, but do it in the old fashion: you get a much better effect in an healthier way.

bsej87

Jesus Tap-Dancing Christ. It's like he's a badly written Jeff Winger.

but the point is that you shouldn't start a relationship trying to change someone.

it's not like you wanted to get tanned and get some bigger muscles and so you went to your lovely boyfriend who's a bodybuilder and likes you no matter what, but because you are asking for his help he's more then happy to help you out and reach your goals.

here we are talking about a person that is basically making some pretenses about what you are supposed to change about your person for you to become an eligible partner for him.

This is not a reality about people trying to conquer the privilege to stay with him, he's not the bachelor, he's the one who was shut down and he better acknowledge it soon.
What he needs is an healthy dose of reality.

just out of curiosity exactly what do you guys have in common? what do you like about him?

ps: I understand if you want to get tanned, but do it in the old fashion: you get a much better effect in an healthier way.

What I like about him? Hm, what I first fell for was that he was really sweet in the beginning, ha makes me laugh, he is passionate about things like nature and stuff like that, he has a lot of opinions about people around the world so it's fun to discuss with him. We share the same music taste but I like that he's just not obsessed with any interest (well except working out), since I am, and I would find that annoying. XD

Physically, I like that he is really masculine, no one could ever guess that he is gay. That also brings up a negative point, he considers himself to be the man in any relationship, and the other one (being me in this sense) is the girl, which drives me nuts, I tell him that if he wants a girl he has come to the wrong place.

He has never had a boyfriend before, just girlfriends and didn't find out he likes guys since he was 23, he is 26 now. He has had loads of girlfriends before, the longest one being a stripper, so I guess he has been kind of shallow all the time, since he said he as with her for her looks. Another negative point, he has been arrested for beating up people, several times but has said he has calmed down since then and is "not the same person as back then."

Sorry for ranting. :p

It's like you've never heard of the Lifetime channel.

Haha, I'm not that blind and naive that I think he is completely calm these days, but he seems to be pretty okay during the time I've spoken to him, mostly since he doesn't party that much anymore. Still, he works as a security guard/bouncer at night clubs, so he probably gets his share of fights there.

nickcv

What I like about him? Hm, what I first fell for was that he was really sweet in the beginning, ha makes me laugh, he is passionate about things like nature and stuff like that, he has a lot of opinions about people around the world so it's fun to discuss with him. We share the same music taste but I like that he's just not obsessed with any interest (well except working out), since I am, and I would find that annoying. XD

Physically, I like that he is really masculine, no one could ever guess that he is gay. That also brings up a negative point, he considers himself to be the man in any relationship, and the other one (being me in this sense) is the girl, which drives me nuts, I tell him that if he wants a girl he has come to the wrong place.

He has never had a boyfriend before, just girlfriends and didn't find out he likes guys since he was 23, he is 26 now. He has had loads of girlfriends before, the longest one being a stripper, so I guess he has been kind of shallow all the time, since he said he as with her for her looks. Another negative point, he has been arrested for beating up people, several times but has said he has calmed down since then and is "not the same person as back then."

Sorry for ranting. :p

there are some many wrong things that I don't even know where to start.

TL;DR BAIL OUT!

longer version:
so we are talking about a person who's full of himself, threats women as objects (the longest relationship in his life lasted that long just because she looked hot), is a misogynist (i'm the man, and whenever i tell you to jump you should just ask "how high").

All you'll get from this relationship is pain and probably a black eye.
Run away before you may actually fall in love with him because otherwise you'll become the beaten wife.

You can find plenty of people who like nature and are not a threat for your safety (both physical and mental)

edit: how old are you exactly?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Metal Gear Rising was shit,

GeorgeBluth"What?No.No.No.nonono".gif

and DmC was way more awesome than i thought it would be (plus bew Dante is crazy hot).

You know, most of the defenders of Donte must Cry seem to be gay and defend it with "yeah, but Donte's hot" instead of talking about the (shitty) combat systems. Must be why you don't like Rising...

King Endymion said:
>>Stuff<<

King, honey... I'm going to lay the real-talk here and I hope you listen instead of making another long-ass post trying to defend him: He's incredibly shallow and doesn't seem to want a relationship that isn't with a person that is as shallow as him. Leave and find someone else that won't try to set boundaries within the first few days and you'll be better off from it. Thank me later.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
So he's egotistical, condescending, and also formerly abusive. This guy has laid out countless reasons for why you shouldn't be with him, so why are you with him? You two haven't even really started dating and you're already finding it unsatisfying and somewhat emotionally abusive, and there's no reason to think that'll stop. Unless you're entertaining some notion that you're going to be able to change this person, I don't understand what you're getting out of this.

I don't even know why we're still discussing this.
Yeah, the response is fairly unanimous.

there are some many wrong things that I don't even know where to start.

TL;DR BAIL OUT!

longer version:
so we are talking about a person who's full of himself, threats women as objects (the longest relationship in his life lasted that long just because she looked hot), is a misogynist (i'm the man, and whenever i tell you to jump you should just ask "how high").

All you'll get from this relationship is pain and probably a black eye.
Run away before you may actually fall in love with him because otherwise you'll become the beaten wife.

You can find plenty of people who like nature and are not a threat for your safety (both physical and mental)

edit: how old are you exactly?

I'm 23, 24 next month, the problem is that I have a VERY hard time falling for someone. I can't be with a guy who is even somewhat feminine, it turns me off right away, it might make me an asshole, but that's how it is. :/

He has said that he sometimes says things to "test" me, to see how I react and feel about him, I have said that some of the things are really hurtful and he seems to genuinely regret it.
I dunno, I get what you are all saying, and I wish I was that reasonable to just walk away, but I kind of feel like I owe myself to at least see what he is like in real life, I don't want to dismiss anything that can potentially be a good thing, even if you have to squint really hard to see it. :/

Dany

Banned
:|

DmC is seen as a great game across the board by most people because of its combat, art style and level design.

Also Dante is hot. My defense rests.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

DmC is seen as a great game across the board by most people because of its combat, art style and level design.

Platforming is terribad. Combat is a total snooze-fest on anything that is below Sons of Sparda and even then it doesn't reach the greatness of DMC3-4's combat and Donte is offensive as fuck to my senses.

See what I mean? Defenders that are gay always have to toss that in.

He looks pretty but his attitude is terrible and not worth wading through an entire game that is badly written and badly created for.

Sai-kun

Banned
:| He seems shallow.

so's the show ur avatar is from!!! marina_omg.gif

You know, most of the defenders of Donte must Cry seem to be gay and defend it with "yeah, but Donte's hot" instead of talking about the (shitty) combat systems. Must be why you don't like Rising...

I'm not gay
emoticon-00157-sun.gif
emoticon-00157-sun.gif
emoticon-00157-sun.gif

I enjoyed DmC's combat system a lot, even though I know it's shallower than previous DMC games', and I liked MGR's as well, cuz when it was awesome, it was mindblowing. I don't mind DmC's combat being a little shallow because it was still fun. I'm also not a huge fan of fast action games like that normally, so the changes from previous games don't bother me.

So MGR wasn't garbage, but almost everything about DmC pulled me in (hehhhh) more, from the art style, to the level design, to the soundtrack. The (late DmC spoilers)
club
level was mind expanding and I fucking loved it to pieces. I was seriously going "holy shit this is awesome" the entire time.

MGR may have a better combat system, but that alone couldn't make it better than DmC for me.

Get out of there King Endymion. If I were you and he said those things to me someone would've slapped the Tan right off of him. Doesn't sound like that kind of an ego is good for your own self esteem. He seems to not care for yours as long as he feels better about himself.
Think of it this way. If you were to change for him would you be happy and if you're back to how you are now, perfectly fine, what do you think he would do to you? And what if lets say you surpass him in anyway, He sounds like the guy that would get jealous or even talk down t you even more so to feel even better about his own self.

Edit: I'm sorry but Guys like that are the absolute worst people to me. Everything that you say about him makes me want to Punch his lights out. Self entitled, misogynistic, egotistical, ugh i can go on. Bleh
It may be hard for you to find love but to me it seems better to have patience and Try to find someone as best you can rather than settling for someone that may not be treating you right

nickcv

I'm 23, 24 next month, the problem is that I have a VERY hard time falling for someone. I can't be with a guy who is even somewhat feminine, it turns me off right away, it might make me an asshole, but that's how it is. :/

He has said that he sometimes says things to "test" me, to see how I react and feel about him, I have said that some of the things are really hurtful and he seems to genuinely regret it.
I dunno, I get what you are all saying, and I wish I was that reasonable to just walk away, but I kind of feel like I owe myself to at least see what he is like in real life, I don't want to dismiss anything that can potentially be a good thing, even if you have to squint really hard to see it. :/

i don't really know what else should i tell you, good luck with that, and keep us updated

He has said that he sometimes says things to "test" me, to see how I react and feel about him,
This strikes me as rather naive even if it is absolutely accurate. I think you have to be honest with yourself that you're romanticizing this a fair deal, I know because I'm the master of that game. I know you've already made up your mind but it would be wise to go into this with a detached attitude, just investigate it in an impartial way and don't expect anything, your assessment will be much more accurate that way.

This strikes me as rather naive even if it is absolutely accurate. I think you have to be honest with yourself that you're romanticizing this a fair deal, I know because I'm the master of that game. I know you've already made up your mind but it would be wise to go into this with a detached attitude, just investigate it in an impartial way and don't expect anything, your assessment will be much more accurate that way.
We were supposed to meet for a whole weekend at first, but I changed it to just meet each other for dinner and just seeing how we connect, I don't want the expectations about everything being perfect, having sex and stuff like that. :)

BeesEight

I don't even know why we're still discussing this.

Yeah, I can't even play the opposite end on this. There really doesn't seem to be any positives here other than "hot bod" and "stiff wrists."

MichaelBluth"What?No.No.No.nonono".gif

New Dante looks like a twat.

Sibylus

Banned
To be blunt, Endymion, it almost seems like you're going out of your way to get hurt by this guy on the off-chance that his horrific first impression is somehow the complete and utter opposite of his true hidden self. Secretly hoping he's playing mind-games with you so that he's not an irredeemable douchebag still makes him a douchebag, it's a self-defeating exercise. I don't understand why you're giving him the time of day. Is it your express purpose to be someone's toy?

What do you guys like about gaming then? What are your favorite games?
Strategy games and FPSes are my meat and potatoes, Company of Heroes 1 and 2, AoE II, Starcraft II, Civilization V, Half-Life series, Halo series, Left 4 Dead series, Bioshock series, Mirror's Edge, Metro 2033 series, etc.

BeesEight

Strategy games and FPSes are my meat and potatoes, Company of Heroes 1 and 2, AoE II, Starcraft II, Civilization V, Half-Life series, Halo series, Left 4 Dead series, Bioshock series, Mirror's Edge, Metro 2033 series, etc.

Let's be honest, you're only playing Dota.

To be blunt, Endymion, it almost seems like you're going out of your way to get hurt by this guy on the off-chance that his horrific first impression is somehow the complete and utter opposite of his true hidden self. Secretly hoping he's playing mind-games with you so that he's not an irredeemable douchebag still makes him a douchebag, it's a self-defeating exercise. I don't understand why you're giving him the time of day. Is it your express purpose to be someone's toy?
What? No, I want to be in a normal relationship, of course, but looking at other guys and talking to them, there are usually no attraction there for me, it happens so rarely that I have to give it a shot. Am I setting myself up to get hurt? Maybe, my feelings has kind of decreased lately anyway that I wouldn't get too upset if things didn't work ut now, if I fall for him and we begin a relationship and then get hurt, well, then I have given it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom