• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Zombie

My 35th birthday #selfie

tumblr_muo3eclv4I1s5ygfro1_500.jpg

Not ready to party :p

Happy birthday :]

That's a perfect outfit for a party :3

Mr. F

Banned
All those "OMG guise how do I date" threads always blow my mind. Is straight dating exponentially more complicated? I mean for starters what's so terrifying about someone saying "no"? The world doesn't end if you don't click someone. Don't get me wrong, I think dating is tiring and the effort-to-reward ratio is terrible, but some people posting over complicated walls of text on how to say "want to grab a coffee?", lol. This reminds me I haven't dated in ages. Being single and being okay with that is actually a pretty big dating obstacle :0

I think the perceived complication - and specifically the bolded - might be a consequence of one or both parties not being clear enough on their feelings. I don't know if it's a modern trend but some people seem horrified at the idea of being direct when it comes to dating, and I could see that would drive some people to overanalyze or complicate things that would otherwise be simple (like asking someone to go out for coffee).

When I was dating around at the end of last year/beginning of this one, if I was on a date and afterwards realized I wasn't feeling a connection I would be upfront with the person because otherwise it's a waste of both our time. For the most part this went fine without complication, but I'd occasionally have a date that I would think went well only to have the other person be really vague and stringing me along when I'd bring up seeing them again. Even offering people an out, saying it's cool if they weren't interested and to just let me know was apparently too much to ask at times.

daripad

I'm either a Chub or a Twink depending on my waist. I haven't measured that since I lost some weight. That will make it clear (I'm leaning on chub a little since I still have 10 kg to lose but don't look fat :/)

_Isaac

I'm either a Chub or a Twink depending on my waist. I haven't measured that since I lost some weight. That will make it clear (I'm leaning on chub a little since I still have 10 kg to lose but don't look fat :/)

Maybe cub? Do you have to be hairy for that? Maybe seal? This is complicated.

scarlet

Chub and twink is like a polar opposite

maybe what _Isaac said, a cub?

Sagitario

I just came to the thread quickly to say hi and hoping everyone is doing fine and what do I find? Body type/stereotypes talk... Amazing! :b

Anyway, I hope you guys are all doing fine and enjoying catching those monsters (I just got my copy today, so I'll probably start it soon).

Damn, Naked Snake!
2VUr0AD.gif

I still miss this show ( ._.)

Sagitario

I am not criticizing, I just found it funny :p

Forgot to say ¡feliz cumpleaños! to Snake. I'm sorry, picture was to distracting ;D
Snake was one of the first gay gaffers I noticed when I joined GAF, back in the day when I was still a teen. Teh Hamburglar, CrisKre, Cosmic Bus (AKA Hotarubi), Nick, Suerte, Garcia... *sigh*

Blaming your genes is such a cop out. 80% of your body composition is determined by how you eat.

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. I never treated my birthdays any different than any other day since I was a kid. So I didn't do anything yesterday, didn't see anyone or even left the house.

RM8

These labels are so annoying. I mean, am I going to be a 40 years old twink at some point? Lol. I also heavily disagree with the attraction chart. This feels like horoscopes.

Also, happy birthday everyone :D

mantidor

These labels are so annoying. I mean, am I going to be a 40 years old twink at some point? Lol. I also heavily disagree with the attraction chart. This feels like horoscopes.

Also, happy birthday everyone :D

hehe I think being 40 will take you out of the twink zone in that site.

My experience with attraction and rejection is comfirmed by real life experiences though, it might be anecdotal but the "bear" type runs away from the "twink" type and viceversa, the few that don't are indeed very few.

The site is based on polls so there is some truth into it, but it's no bible into the gay world, it just offers a very general picture.

Ty4on

Edit: ^^^^^^^ Somehow age grows muscles and you turn into a gym rat...
Blaming your genes is such a cop out. 80% of your body composition is determined by how you eat.
I wanna see the reci... eh... sources.
It's the same thing with bears... -_-
It looks really strange, but I guess the number doesn't show what bears like, rather what those who went through the survey and identified themselves as a bear said they liked. There is no hard line separating bears from daddies, chubs or none and neither really have any preferences.

On the bright side twinks are the third highest in average scores :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom