• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantidor

Mantidor, I have gone through that in my life but my parents in the end didn't get divorced though I was feeling lonely and sad while they were separated. I know how you feel and don't feel guilty to post about it here. Stay strong and try to understand.them.

Thanks, it really sucks, and I understand them, but it's difficult.

Now I don't know what to do about this whole family vacation I had planned for the end of the year, I even bought them all tickets already...

RM8

This is the kind of stupid shit that kept me away from dating for so long and is going to sour me on it in the future.
Dating sucks. It really does, the effort-reward ratio is terrible. You're more likely to find a good, polished, full-fledged, sensibly priced game on iOS than a good date.

Thanks, it really sucks, and I understand them, but it's difficult.

Now I don't know what to do about this whole family vacation I had planned for the end of the year, I even bought them all tickets already...
Don't feel bad about it. My parents are not divorced, but they're hardly a couple anymore. Statistically most couples are abound to end at some point, so really, I find it more shocking when I come across a long-lived marriage (and I know long-lived marriages that are nightmare material, so yeah). It stings because they're your parents, but honestly, let them be happy and re-discover their individuality.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I've decided: average dicks are better than big dicks.

They're easier and more enjoyable to both suck and take up the ass.

I now get excited when I pull down a guy's briefs/boxers and find an average sized cock. And feel disappointed when it's a fat one.

Ratsky, I'm keeping the big ones for you.

Hmm, what a horribly backwards stance to take. Ah well. More for me!

I joined okcupid a few weeks ago and have been going out with a couple of different guys since then. Last night I more or less broke it off with one of them since there wasn't much spark between us, and later told the other guy -- who had previously joked that I was afraid of commitment b/c I've never been in a relationship before -- that I wanted to now date him exclusively. His response? Sorry, we shouldn't see each other any more, hope you're not mad p.s. let's still be friends. The fuck? I MAKE A COMMITMENT to this guy I really liked and had great chemistry with, and he ditches me.

This is the kind of stupid shit that kept me away from dating for so long and is going to sour me on it in the future.

What happened to that guy who was so rough with you?

daripad

Isn't it weird that I love those straight love songs? I mean, I sing "And I love her" or "Maybe I'm amazed" without changing the woman or girl parts. Is anyone on the same boat?

Also, does anyone here play an instrument? I would love to learn to play one but my voice is so bad and it's hard to me to follow the rhythm sometimes. If I could learn one that would be the Piano or Guitar. I set that as one of my goals for this year but I couldn't do it because of time. Now it seems that next year I'm going to have a little more time, so I was thinking about trying something.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Also, does anyone here play an instrument? I would love to learn to play one but my voice is so bad

What does your voice have to do with playing an instrument?

If I could learn one that would be the Piano or Guitar. I set that as one of my goals for this year but I couldn't do it because of time. Now it seems that next year I'm going to have a little more time, so I was thinking about trying something.

I want to learn the piano too (paging Sphinx!!) but I don't think there are any teachers in my small town.

RM8

Why would that be weird? So you can't listen to any song that doesn't represent your exact situation? I'm quitting music right now, I guess :p

daripad

What does your voice have to do with playing an instrument?

I want to learn the piano too (paging Sphinx!!) but I don't think there are any teachers in my small town.

1. Singing makes it easy for me to follow the rhythm.
2. If there are teachers in my very small town, there are teachers in your small town

Why would that be weird? So you can't listen to any song that doesn't represent your exact situation? I'm quitting music right now, I guess :p

Because I don't like girls? You can lsten to music while not feeling the lyrics but I found it weird today because I'd prefer singing "I love you boy" or something like that. IDK, I'm weird

RM8

I admittedly mostly don't care about lyrics. When you're a single-digit minority it's silly limiting yourself to stuff specifically targeted at you, really.

Caladrius

Because I don't like girls? You can lsten to music while not feeling the lyrics but I found it weird today because I'd prefer singing "I love you boy" or something like that. IDK, I'm weird

Uh, not really.

I can only really enjoy music that resonates with my ideals and interests. If I can't connect with the subject matter it puts a damper on the whole song.

I don't listen to love songs period because there's a rose-tinted window on it that I think is utter horseshit and creates unrealistic expectations, but that's beside my point.

RM8

Music is sounds to me. If there are nice lyrics to go along, that's a plus, but otherwise I don't care about them. I'd only be able to enjoy like 3 or 4 songs if lyrics mattered to me, lol. As long as they're not cringe-worthy cheesy or terrible I'm fine.

Crayons

Banned
One of my favorite albums is one in which the words mean absolutely nothing.

Animal_collective_merriweather.jpg

Mr. F

Banned
I joined okcupid a few weeks ago and have been going out with a couple of different guys since then. Last night I more or less broke it off with one of them since there wasn't much spark between us, and later told the other guy -- who had previously joked that I was afraid of commitment b/c I've never been in a relationship before -- that I wanted to now date him exclusively. His response? Sorry, we shouldn't see each other any more, hope you're not mad p.s. let's still be friends. The fuck? I MAKE A COMMITMENT to this guy I really liked and had great chemistry with, and he ditches me.

Sorry for your trouble. OkC is the land of flakes, as I'm sure you've gathered. It sucks but it at least expedites the process of finding out whether or not people are worth your time.

daripad

One of my favorite albums is one in which the words mean absolutely nothing.

My girls is on example of I wish I could sing my boys instead :p

1. Can't you hum instead?
2. I just checked...you're right XD

1. Yes, my voice gets deeper when I do that
and I like it
2. I knew it!

I don't listen to love songs period because there's a rose-tinted window on it that I think is utter horseshit and creates unrealistic expectations, but that's beside my point.

Then I love setting unrealistic expectations.

Music is sounds to me. If there are nice lyrics to go along, that's a plus, but otherwise I don't care about them. I'd only be able to enjoy like 3 or 4 songs if lyrics mattered to me, lol. As long as they're not cringe-worthy cheesy or terrible I'm fine.

Yeah, sounds are a great part of it, but lyrics have to follow in some songs (I said some, there are tons of great non lyrical songs out there) to be addictive to me. I mean, male voices are really good.

I admittedly mostly don't care about lyrics. When you're a single-digit minority it's silly limiting yourself to stuff specifically targeted at you, really.

I'm not limiting myself to that, I just listen to music I like. I just said that I sometimes think that I could be listening to lyrics that would reflect my tastes.

And guys, love songs are not the only thing I listen to, I was just pointing at them because of the obvious i love you girl kind of lyrics. I listen to lots of other stuff too so don't be harsh on me.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
You claiming to know what any of the songs are talking about?
Without looking it up
A song like "My Girls" is really obvious. Most of the songs on that album are easy to digest and if you listen to the lyrics they make sense.

I won't say all the songs are like that, but to say that they don't mean anything is incorrect.

gerg

What did the second guy say exactly? Evidently you're upset by the rejection, but it may be that he simply realised he didn't want to be in a relationship with you, and told you as soon as it became evident that you did want a relationship. Had you mentioned to him that you eventually wanted an exclusive relationship before?

Mark1

Had a big coming out celebration on Sunday. Was great fun being with friends and going to some of the gay bars Glasgow had to offer. There was one hot guy we made glances at from time to time and, wait for this confidence booster, he was interested in me according to my friends. I couldn't believe it. Sadly I'm not at a stage where I feel confident enough to go up to these people and ask them out. Any advice on what to do if you meet someone you like at a cafe or bar? I also worry for their reaction if they're homophobic in some form.

From the Windows Phone OT - looks like Nokia has found the best way to sell its phones, via ARMS.

995213_10202359162726272_403066352_n.jpg
Oh my...I'll take the guy. Look at those bicep muscles behind the shirt...<3. His hair...

As sort of expected, my friend, the one I had a big crush on, told me yesterday he thinks this new guy (who he's known for a while) isn't good for me, that I shouldn't get involved with him unless I'm aware it's just messing around, it's not worth it, etc.

On the other hand he's not much of a saint either. It's not that I don't believe him but I guess I'm willing to give this guy a chance even if he turns to be the biggest asshole in earth. Another heartbreak won't probably make much of a difference.

I'll try to take the warnings into account.

Yoshiya

haven't posted in here for a while.

i'm so horny and single i think i'm turning bi.

part of me has never cared and a beautiful person is a beautiful person. i still like dicks though what a dilemma.

Sai-kun

Banned
Girls are beautiful and yummy.

Anyways

"Personally, I think choosing between men and women is like choosing between cake and ice cream. You’d be daft not to try both when there are so many different flavours."
~ Bjork

#w i s d o m

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
haven't posted in here for a while.

i'm so horny and single i think i'm turning bi.

part of me has never cared and a beautiful person is a beautiful person. i still like dicks though what a dilemma.

Just do whatever feels right and don't worry about the labelz.

sphinx

the piano man

is there something like this for the gay/male vocabulary?

I just downloaded "growlr" and damn, there are plenty of labels I would heve never considered.

I love the "sir" label, lol, if you want to chat with a 50 year old guy that describes himself as a "Sir" then you are looking for some serious education from a grown up, hehe.... and you should speak to him with respect like " I'd love to belong to you, sir"

this was something I really didn't understand when I was young but now being 35, when a 20 year old speaks or writes to me in a submissive way it kinda turns me on and in a similar way, when I feel attracted to a 50 year old guy, I tend to get all submissive and let him "take the lead".

I was telling a friend about a guy I dated back when I was 20 years old. And now I remembered first laying eyes on him at the gay bar; he was sitting on a table with other guys and I remember thinking "Sigh... what a beauty. He's way out of my league."

To my surprise he followed me and introduced himself, and he later told me that he thought I was "the most beautiful thing he's ever seen" when our eyes first met.

Moral of the story: Don't let your preconceptions of yourself or of others prevent you from perusing someone you are interested in.

mantidor

I was telling a friend about a guy I dated back when I was 20 years old. And now I remembered first laying eyes on him at the gay bar; he was sitting on a table with other guys and I remember thinking "Sigh... what a beauty. He's way out of my league."

To my surprise he followed me and introduced himself, and he later told me that he thought I was "the most beautiful thing he's ever seen" when our eyes first met.

Moral of the story: Don't let your preconceptions of yourself or of others prevent you from perusing someone you are interested in.

Of course it helps if you are handsome already :p

But I agree, as average looking I've certainly had more rejections than acceptance, but I keep trying anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom