• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also guilty of giving a beard way too much weight when evaluating a guy's attractiveness.

Have beards always been this popular/coveted in gay culture? Or is it a new thing/fad?

Body hair in general seems to be a lot more "in" lately than it used to be in the past. Or maybe it's my confirmation bias.

sphinx

the piano man
Basically shaving my face now would be sexual suicide :p

pretty much this.

I've been meaning to shave since last summer but the positive feedback has been so overwhelming that I can't take the razor and do it, it would mean lose like 80% of whatever people are into me.

It's pretty stupid, cause I am not going to bed or a date with any of those but still, receiving compliments over apps or the internet is a bit addicting..

and yeah it's a recent thing, beards are "in" everywhere, not just in gay culture.

Bodyhair too but I can't do anything about it, lol.

mantidor

Beards are a huge plus, but I think it is more the ability to grow one, that guy from Mad Men is insanely attractive and I really don't need to see him in full beard for that, while say Johnny Deep real "beard" its actually a turn off.

Sphinx, I think it's going to be really difficult to get someone if you not only want the guy to don't mind your height, you want him to actually look for it, people can learn to like some things they didn't like that much before, but they won't if you don't give them the chance.

I just realized that I hate it when guys are grossed by (their own) cum. I'm like: come on!!! show a little gratitude, I just squeezed it out for you!!!!

You all need to be posting pictures of these beards, STAT.

Why don't you show us your beard? I see it in your avatar ;)

My beard needs no introduction:

993660_10151602550526185_1660610430_n.jpg

64756_10151403310851185_1021942836_n.jpg

534485_10151129725981185_1933829904_n.jpg

936470_10151440552216185_166303629_n.jpg

893906_10151418693816185_385363873_o.jpg

(a short-lived experiment growing a uni-brow, and unkempt beard)

Before beard (and 3 years younger):
58658_442510286184_6895632_n.jpg
And one taken yesterday: NSFW
Letting the hair on my pecs grow for the first time. I don't like it currently but its still recent, gonna be patient and hope it fills out.

Mark1

Quite a few people think I'm good looking so that might play a factor in him being interested in me. I do workout at the gym a bit (I should bring up I've had constant issues throughout the year so the muscle gains have not been as good as anticipated - there's barely any) and like to wear good clothes before going out. My family do say I look good. Friends act surprised when I think I'm not good looking.

Also, I don't see the hype with beards. I like a bit of stubble, but no more. Just a personal taste of mine. Also I prefer guys without as much hair on their bodies (chest hair and treasure trail are hooottt though ;))

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Beard fetishism in the community has really been bordering on intolerable for a few years now. Like, it's fine if you have or admire a nice beard, but there seems to be a significant segment of people who treat it as a holy grail of sorts, almost determining your worth through facial hair status. Vom. There's a lot of crossover with straight dudes, "hipster" culture (*cringe*) etc and it just leads to so so so many awful-looking beards out there because, oh, this is what every man in the Tens should have, rah!

It also strikes me as another way for those very vocal, exclusionary gays to shoehorn in femme-shaming/alpha-praising, but whatevs. At least body hair-shaming has taken a back seat for now and many guys have finally stopped shaving and waxing every inch of themselves.

That said, obviously Snake wears his beard quite well and uses it for good and not evil 'cuz he's a cool dude.

mantidor

I just realized that I hate it when guys are grossed by (their own) cum. I'm like: come on!!! show a little gratitude, I just squeezed it out for you!!!!

haha eeww, I'm squeamish about body fluids in general, I hate even sharing a glass, but once you are in "sexy time" all rules are off.

I've met a few guys recently who are squeamish about cum... it blew my mind. I mean I was never crazy about cum, but I don't mind it getting over my body at all (either my own or another guy's), but when someone doesn't even want his own cum to get on him, that really limits the positions/activities you can enjoy in bed.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I have a cum question: why is mine so thin and clear (and so SO abundant) whereas most guys' is much more white and thick, but in significantly less quantity?

AM I BARREN, CAN I NOT HAVE BABIES? AM I DYING

mantidor

I hope we are not getting into too risky territory here!

As long as it doesn't have odd coloring, or blood, I doubt there's any reason to worry. I've had both types you are describing, maybe the amount of water you had before affects it? also how frequently you ejaculate? I don't know, neither type felt "wrong".

Also, abundant cum is the biggest turn on that ever exists, it beats beards, easily.

Mr_Zombie

Beard fetishism in the community has really been bordering on intolerable for a few years now. Like, it's fine if you have or admire a nice beard, but there seems to be a significant segment of people who treat it as a holy grail of sorts, almost determining your worth through facial hair status.

I agree with you. But I don't think you can limit that to just a gay community. Even here on GAF, among straight guys, the admiration of beards sometimes rises to a ridiculous level. No matter how unkempt the beards is, or whether it fits the guy wearing it or not, there are always "dat beard!" comments. Maybe indeed, as you said, some people treat it like some kind of a proof of a manhood.

I have a cum question: why is mine so thin and clear (and so SO abundant) whereas most guys' is much more white and thick, but in significantly less quantity?

Doesn't sperm's thickness, look (and taste) depend on your diet? IIRC, proteins, zinc and omega-3 acids should increase semen's thickness.

Frequency of ejaculations can also affect semen's consistency. :p

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
tbh Suerte, I zoned out staring at your chest in the second pic. And you look almost exactly like Salsa Shark in the third one, hah!

Doesn't sperm's thickness, look (and taste) depend on your diet? IIRC, proteins, zinc and omega-3 acids should increase semen's thickness.

Frequency of ejaculations can also affect semen's consistency. :p

Hm! I eat a lot of protein and zinc-rich foods already, so that's weird. Don't really yank it more than a few times a week, too. Ah well, no complaints yet from any partners about, uh, fire hosing them.
73r3Y0R.gif

sphinx

the piano man
Also, abundant cum is the biggest turn on that ever exists, it beats beards, easily.

agreed. basically any talk about cum will turn me on.

do you happen to like it when a guy tells you "when I am horny, I am not just wet, I start dripping cum right away and when I cum, then it's like an unstoppable fountain"?

stuff like that drives me crazy....

tbh Suerte, I zoned out staring at your chest in the second pic. And you look almost exactly like Salsa Shark in the third one, hah!

Hm! I eat a lot of protein and zinc-rich foods already, so that's weird. Don't really yank it more than a few times a week, too. Ah well, no complaints yet from any partners about, uh, fire hosing them.
73r3Y0R.gif

You're probably just staying hydrated, lol. If it's watery you're just getting a decent intake of clear fluids or watery foods like celery.

I've recently started staying hydrated by having around 10 cups of water a day (I drink a lot) and mine's thick and watery. No worries.

agreed. basically any talk about cum will turn me on.

do you happen to like it when a guy tells you "when I am horny, I am not just wet, I start dripping cum right away and when I cum, then it's like an unstoppable fountain"?

stuff like that drives me crazy....
Your experiences and what people say to you are very widespread.

KmA

I can barely stand the sight of my own toothpaste spit so how on earth am I suppose to tolerate my spermic fluids? Despite that, I still like the smell of it. I'm an odd creature.

Mark1

How would one improve their confidence so they can feel it's possible to go out with anyone? I feel it's pretty low in that area and know it's a turn off for loads of guys.

Caladrius

An old flame of mine grew a beard sometime ago. He was a chub so it made sense as far as achieving a look, but he knew jack about how to groom that thing.

I generally prefer men clean shaven, but beards are fine as long as they're very short and well-kept.

Here's my poor attempt

Pretty nice, but you may want to edit the second one. There's something in it that you might not want strangers to see.

Crayons

Banned
When walking to class with the guy I like, I've been walking really, really closely to him. He hasn't moved away from me. Would you say this is a good sign? And would other people assume things with how close we walk together?

When walking to class with the guy I like, I've been walking really, really closely to him. He hasn't moved away from me. Would you say this is a good sign? And would other people assume things with how close we walk together?

I'm not sure walking would be the best indicator, regardless of proximity. How well do you know him? How's your two's relationship (as friends)? etc etc

Trigger

I had the most amazing lunch date with a guy today. I never really considered the idea of dating a handicapped individual, but he's so darn cute.
Xs8eiNf.gif

If someone was in my personal space and I didn't like them I'd say as much to them. He must feel comfortable with you at least. Mind you, I also have platonic friends who could do that without any penalties or repercussions. The second question is a matter of body language. People would only assume things if you two seem intimate, and not just friendly.

Crayons

Banned
I'm not sure walking would be the best indicator, regardless of proximity. How well do you know him? How's your two's relationship (as friends)? etc etc

I met him a little over a year ago, but we only started talking around January. He was actually the one who started talking to me, out of nowhere. We've never did anything outside of school together (but he tells me we will after college apps). I don't actually know him as well as I'd like to because we usually talk about school, he doesn't really tell me anything personal. He used to volunteer at a gay community center, but when I asked him where he volunteered he only said "a community center". On Wednesday he took a picture of me for photography club. We're friends, but I feel like we've passed that (when I was talking about the walking, we basically walk together like a couple sans the handholding). We're like shoulder to shoulder. We also tease each other a lot. I feel like we're too friendly to be friends, if that makes sense.

I hope I'm not grasping at straws here. The thing is that he's incredibly oblivious. I could say something really nice and he doesn't even notice.

Oh, one more thing. He remembers everything I tell him. It's crazy.

It might be a very good time to break the touch barrier!

bsej87

Today was a bummer. And I realized I have no free time during my day off saturday. This week sucks

I was stuck in meetings for basically 8 hours straight and then I got home to find out my childhood dog died. We'll get through this week together :(

efe84_ORIG-predator_handshake.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom