• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy I like is gonna take a picture of me for photography class.

AKA I'm going to go crazy trying to look good.

When he's ready to take the picture, you should do this :p
tumblr_mujcgb3S6T1qjcfvio1_500.gif

tumblr_mujcgb3S6T1qjcfvio2_500.gif

tumblr_muhd1msFM11shf5jzo5_r1_500.gif

Lol

I just found out from my recruiter it'l probably still be a few months before I start bootcamp so I went shopping and splurged on clothes today, I'll post pics tomorrow. There was also a cute guy that rang my order at Panera up today and he was suuuuper gay. He was being pretty flirty, too. It's weird, after a couple months of romantic indifference and deliberately staying chaste because I didn't know how long the air force process would take, the first day I finally find out I've got more time is the one where someone actually expressed some interest in me. Maybe it's a confidence thing.

How was he being flirty?

Constantly smiling and making eye contact, going out of his way to give me passing glances, referring to me by name whenever he could...

He made sure to tell me to have a nice night as I was walking out even though I was like halfway across the restaurant, lol. Maybe I was just misreading it but my gaydar is usually pretty spot-on.

Constantly smiling and making eye contact, going out of his way to give me passing glances, referring to me by name whenever he could...

He made sure to tell me to have a nice night as I was walking out even though I was like halfway across the restaurant, lol. Maybe I was just misreading it but my gaydar is usually pretty spot-on.

He's either super gay, or just super polite. Or... both?

Masamuna

Gotta get my hair cut tonight for a Halloween party. Really thinking about trying something different and asking for a graduation/classic taper but with really short sides and back. I'm so used to a spiked Caesar, but I'm also tired of it :p

Masamuna

Ooh, who/what are you going as?

It's a dead man's ball theme, so we're taking it easy. Dress shirt/vest/slacks. Andy always wanted a hollow mask from bleach, so I was able to get a set for us (red for him, black for me). Red tie and navy tie respectively, groomed hair. Black makeup for the eyes so the contacts we used last year will have more effect. Nothing crazy.

Mark1

There's something I don't get, there was this hot guy at a gay bar with really nice arms whom I didn't think would notice, but my friends all said that he was interested in me! Found out after we left the place. This is what I don't get, he looked soo built while I am not, why would he be into me? I didn't say anything to him.

mantidor

There's something I don't get, there was this hot guy at a gay bar with really nice arms whom I didn't think would notice, but my friends all said that he was interested in me! Found out after we left the place. This is what I don't get, he looked soo built while I am not, why would he be into me? I didn't say anything to him.

As our friend Snake said, you should never fall to conclusions before hand.

A similar thing happened to me this past weekend, there was this really built, tall guy, and I muster the courage to talk to him somehow, he was not interested, but then he hooked with a guy that I would never thought would be his type, and was (at least for me) not good looking at all, that's why it's always better to talk and ask.

Speaking of muscled guys and thinking they're out of your league, there was this one guy who contacted me online three years ago. He looked amazingly hot, perfect muscled body, very handsome face, and all his pictures looked professionally taken, like every single one was magazine material... needless to say that intimidated me and I avoided meeting him. He kept trying to get me to meet him until finally we met a few days ago (three years later!)... He was wearing a nice suit and looked just as good as his photos. I was so nervous because all this time I kept thinking "Surely he'll be disappointed when he meets me and sees how thin and small framed I am in comparison to him"... he noticed how nervous I was and kept telling me to calm down and asking if there's anything he could do to make me more comfortable...

Well, guess what? He approached me, started kissing me, and he didn't pass my "kiss test" (I should write about that in a separate post)... it just felt awful and I told him to stop. He was heartbroken and left. True story.

So ironically, in a sense, it turned out that I was out of his league. If someone shows interest in you, don't let their looks intimidate you or make you think you're not good enough for them. A lot of people think I have a perfect body (I beg to differ but I digress) and I date guys with "average" bodies all the time, and fall hard for them.

In other news, some of you might remember me mentioning meeting "the perfect guy" and having the best first date ever last week... this will sound ridiculous but I met him for the second time tonight and I don't exaggerate when I say it was the worst date ever (full details available upon request). I think me and him are over. Moral of the story: don't put high hopes on someone after the first meeting, no matter how magical and perfect you think it was.

daripad

I really need to resume my weight loss. Unfortunately I always say it and never get into it seriously. *Sighs* I just want to be somewhat attractive. Just a tad bit.

Edit: One of my best friends in high school just ccame out to me as bi. I'm so shocked about it. Many people thought we were dating, which obviously I wasn't because I wasn't even attracted to her in any way. The thing is, her girlfriend just put an end to her relationship because her parentes weren't accepting, she had a position in her church (fuck that) and she had a sort of friend with rights. My friend doesn't seem to feel bad, but I know her and she is hiding her feelings. Ugh, I don't even know what to say to her. I've never dealt with that stuff.

Edit 2: Whoa, whooa, whoa, she wants me to act like her boyfriend just to put the other girl in shame. Guys, what the hell am I supposed to do? Should I accept? I really wouldn't like that, as I don't even know her new friends and I would neeed to stay ome time with her which I wouldn't really like as I prefer to study :S

mantidor

I destroy kiss tests!

I think it turned out okay. Should look much better with coconut oil compared to gel.

You look good!

I do have to agree with Naked Snake though, while kiss testing is not something I actively, consciously do, the wrong kiss can break any attraction, it has happened, it's weird, maybe we do really have some chemical test going on, are there any other animals that kiss? it kind of doesn't make sense when you think about it.

Edit 2: Whoa, whooa, whoa, she wants me to act like her boyfriend just to put the other girl in shame. Guys, what the hell am I supposed to do? Should I accept? I really wouldn't like that, as I don't even know her new friends and I would neeed to stay ome time with her which I wouldn't really like as I prefer to study :S

Of course not, it's very immature, I can't believe you are even considering it.

The closest I've been to "pretend" was when I was walking with my very close friend, we had our arms crossed, and some guy in the street selling something said I "should by it for my wife", we didn't said anything, she was thrilled later on that she was mistaken for my wife, maybe she had a crush on me? oh god I hope not. :/

daripad

No, no, no, I don't want to do this but she already pushed me to the edge. Damn her. I don't want to hurt her so is going to be hard to get out of this. Damn, I hate this. I hate all this high school drama that I've been going through lately. I just want to live my life, damn it.

Mr. F

Banned
No, no, no, I don't want to do this but she already pushed me to the edge. Damn her. I don't want to hurt her so is going to be hard to get out of this. Damn, I hate this. I hate all this high school drama that I've been going through lately. I just want to live my life, damn it.

You're in control. It's pretty easy to not give a fuck.

Kangi

Apologies if it's been posted (too buried in Pokemon to notice), but the 2014 Warwick Rowing calendar is on the way. Very NSFW.

If you don't know what it is, I recommend educating yourself.

I destroy kiss tests!

I'm confident that you'd ace my kiss test. Dayum you look adorable. You can take my test anytime ;)

Coconut oil is amazing for hair, skin and beards.

I'm a fan of coconut oil but I mainly use it for cooking (organic extra virgin CO only), and I've occasionally used it on skin but never on hair or beard... that sounds intriguing. Although I've basically stopped using it since a friend got me pure Shea Butter from Sudan. I think it's even better than coconut oil as a moisturizer, and it's easier to handle (doesn't become rock solid in the fridge, and is not completely liquid in warm temperature). And I've actually used it to tame my eyebrows a few times, but didn't occur to be to try it on my beard. I should do that.

What's a "kiss test"?

It's basically how good or bad kissing someone feels, but for me sometimes also has a strong "smell/taste" component... I remember my first ever kiss with a guy, it was awful. He didn't smell bad or anything, but it felt sloppy and disgusting and made me rush home to brush my teeth. The muscled guy from a few days ago however seriously smelled and tasted bad to me; now I'm not sure if it's an actual, objective "bad breath" issue, or if it's more of an incompatibility of pheromones/immune system. I always thought of it as the latter, because I'd think if someone has permanent bad breath then surely they'd be aware of it (cause other people would eventually tell them).

The thing with the kiss test for me is that it can totally make or break my attractiveness to a guy, and often I can't even tell if I could have sex with a guy until we kiss, even if he looks perfect in photos or in person. But sometimes you just know, like with Masamuna above :)

Dead Man

There is a DJ here in Australia who is just absolutely physical perfection, cut, built, handsome face, perfect. He prefers dating chubby bears. People aren't always attracted to people like themselves.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
There is a DJ here in Australia who is just absolutely physical perfection, cut, built, handsome face, perfect. He prefers dating chubby bears. People aren't always attracted to people like themselves.
I'm definitely not attracted to guys with my body type, so it's not surprising to me.

sphinx

the piano man
I don't know about taking chances, asking and the "woah! he's totally into me!" thing.... the 2 or 3 guys that were absolutely, completely PERFECT for me were never into me, not in the least.

When I was 23, I was into this 45 (at least) year old super muscled guy and turns out I was everything he despised: small, twink, young, no bodyhair. I introduced myself and he tried his best to not come off as an asshole but it all sucked.

just now that I am 35, trying to get in shape and look more like the kind of men I an attracted to is that I've managed to grab the attention of this so called "perfect guys"

the interesting thing is that they mostly care for the beard, not an athletic body.

what's so annoying is that I don't even need a bodybuilder or a 24/7 gym musclebear, I just want a guy that is genetically butch, taller than me, who happens likes to workout and is actually into short guys (I mean the opposite of tall.. is that short? or small? one is for the dick the other for height, I mix them up. :p)

whenever I ask a prospect "did you notice I am 5'5?" and I get the answer "yeah, I don't mind" the thing is dead right there. at least in terms of something beyond a ONS.... the answer must be something like "I was looking for someone with that height, actually". lol

the interesting thing is that they mostly care for the beard, not an athletic body.

This has been largely my experience too. It's ridiculous how much more guys I'm having flocking at me now than I did just two years ago before I grew my beard. And not a day goes by without guys on Grindr and Scruff tell me how much they love my beard, it's always the main physical attribute they focus on.

Basically shaving my face now would be sexual suicide :p

scarlet

This has been largely my experience too. It's ridiculous how much more guys I'm having flocking at me now than I did just two years ago before I grew my beard. And not a day goes by without guys on Grindr and Scruff tell me how much they love my beard, it's always the main physical attribute they focus on.

Basically shaving my face now would be sexual suicide :p

Don't blame us!

It's irresistible

S4iuehF.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom