• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernoca

Don't post a lot lately, but...following old traditions:

Sub-Zero at a Starbucks...MOAR PICS!

By the way, do you and the other guys with Mortal Kombat-related avatars/usernames know each other? XD

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I think my coming out is coming soon. I keep seeing gay guys around campus that I want to flirt with and I keep almost telling my friends that a guy is hot.

Don't post a lot lately, but...following old traditions:

Sub-Zero at a Starbucks...MOAR PICS!

By the way, do you and the other guys with Mortal Kombat-related avatars/usernames know each other? XD

:lol I think the original ones (Kano On The Phone, Liu Kang Baking a Pie, etc.) did but since then some new ones have popped up, the most obvious being Barakka at the White House. I switched mine to screw with a thread calling the names out and to have a ~spoopy~ handle for October. A halogaf regular used to be Sub-Zero At The Beach before switching back to his old name so I figured I'd continue the tradition.

Also, I'm sleepy as hell so I look awful and I'm very definitely not in the shape I should be, but here are some crappy shirtless pics.

Dead Man

You aren't alone.
I have the same situation and to make it worse, I'm not that close with my dad and he's the only I have left since my mom died 2 years ago. And before she died, she asked me to take care of him.

So maybe I'll never coming out to him and it's hard cause the social pressure to get married and no one knows I'm gay.

So today I went out with my father. When we were driving back home I was fighting with my thoughts wether to come out to him or not. Just by doing that I wanted to cry. I was so scared of telling him and being rejected for life. In the end, I never told him, but this is going to be so hard for me when the moment to tell him comes, which fortunately is not soon.

Just needed to vent guys, that's all.

Have a hug, both of you.
That's where poop comes from.

Not right now it doesn't.

mantidor

If you're a germophobe like me it's more than a little unsettling. (And I'm not going to trust that sucker is going to be cleaned every single time.)

Germophobes probably have issues with any sexual act.

If it bothers you you can always start with a little foreplay in the shower to get both of you as clean as possible.

So yesterday my Mom left to Mexico and so I had to go with her, it was just the two of us.

She asked if I had "Changed my mind" and I decided I would just tell her the truth. So I did, I told her I was Gay and I was sure, she was like "Do you know what it implies? That you're going to have sex with men" I just told her "Of course I know" and she gasped. I dunno, I wasn't feeling scared and just felt like being honest. I told her that I wasn't going to live a lie and marry a girl because that's a horrible thing to do and that I honestly didn't care about being in good terms with the rest of the Family. She told me she wanted to change my mind and I just laughed, told her "There's nothing to change."

Left it at that and she didn't seem sad or anything, and she kept talking to me like nothing had happened.

*Sigh* Coming out to friends is much more easier than Family.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
she was like "Do you know what it implies? That you're going to have sex with men" I just told her "Of course I know" and she gasped.

iziXyMihuJImw.gif

RM8

^ Lol.
YoungBlade's mom said:
Do you know what it implies? That you're going to have sex with men
WTF, no one ever told me about this shit D:

That's where poop comes from.
And in the end this is why it's also not appealing to me, lol. Sex is hardly hygienic so it comes down to how comfortable you are with this stuff.

KmA

So I did, I told her I was Gay and I was sure, she was like "Do you know what it implies? That you're going to have sex with men"

You know, it sounds funny because it is such an obvious thing to say, but the sad reality is that is how some people actually think. Like we haven't thought about what gay actually means and somehow they are the only ones to ever understand the "ramifications" of the label despite the fact that gay people struggle to understand a lot longer than those people with their close-minded comments.

Mr. F

Banned
You know, it sounds funny because it is such an obvious thing to say, but the sad reality is that is how some people actually think. Like we haven't thought about what gay actually means and somehow they are the only ones to ever understand the "ramifications" of the label despite the fact that gay people struggle to understand a lot longer than those people with their close-minded comments.

It's an ongoing process wrapping my head around there being real people who are straight-faced and genuine in using that rationale. Sure it comes from a place of ignorance - be it bigoted or naive - but man.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
"Hey son, I think know you're young and naive and you probably just think that being gay means you get to dress well and have a sassy attitude, but it's not all fun and games! You have to let men have sex with you! Don't you know how disgusting that is?"/straight woman

"Hey son, I think know you're young and naive and you probably just think that being gay means you get to dress well and have a sassy attitude, but it's not all fun and games! You have to let men have sex with you! Don't you know how disgusting that is?"/straight woman
This is pretty much what she was trying to say. She said "I know it's popular for girls and boys to say they're Gay or Lesbians so that's why you're saying it" and she also said "Does this mean I can't say Joto (Fa****, I think) Anymore?'

Like I really love my Mom and all but I was trying so hard to not just facepalm through the entire conversation. At least it wasn't like last time where she said 'Admit it, you're just saying this because you want me in the hospital" After that I just said fuck it and never spoke to my Mom about anything personal ever again.

fernoca

:lol I think the original ones (Kano On The Phone, Liu Kang Baking a Pie, etc.) did but since then some new ones have popped up, the most obvious being Barakka at the White House. I switched mine to screw with a thread calling the names out and to have a ~spoopy~ handle for October. A halogaf regular used to be Sub-Zero At The Beach before switching back to his old name so I figured I'd continue the tradition.

Also, I'm sleepy as hell so I look awful and I'm very definitely not in the shape I should be, but here are some crappy shirtless pics.
Nice tradition anyway. XD

And the pics...
it82c0R.gif

...thanks!

Hahaha..love that gif. Love that movie. XD

Had am a crappy date today. His personality was so unattractive.

I think gonna start requesting to talk to guys on the phone for a while before agreeing to meet... I usually never ask to speak to guys unless they ask if they can call me (which is rare), but I'm realizing that there are a lot of personality traits/quirks that might be hard to detect or notice through texting but that could be quickly revealed in a phone conversation... is that obvious or outlandish?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Who was it that said they'd send me a bunch of tumblr links to look through, Naked Snake? PM me those links. I do have a tumblr account I apparently drunkenly signed up for and need to try to "get" what the kids are doing.

gerg

I think gonna start requesting to talk to guys on the phone for a while before agreeing to meet... I usually never ask to speak to guys unless they ask if they can call me (which is rare), but I'm realizing that there are a lot of personality traits/quirks that might be hard to detect or notice through texting but that could be quickly revealed in a phone conversation... is that obvious or outlandish?

With a phone call you'll get intonation of voice, which will help clear some amount of the confusion that can be generated with text, but you'll still miss facial expressions which denote meaning.

But, yeah, text can be very easy to misread, especially if someone's attempting at humour. I think the only issue with requesting to speak on the phone is that people might find it weird having a kind of halfway point of intimacy, and so you might end up with somewhat stilted or unnatural conversation.

RM8

hm. 'sup!
Hi, newcomer :D (unless you're actually an old timer coming back, I guess).

This doesn't work, though. I have had terrible first dates even if we have talked on the phone several times before.

I think noboby should be giving unwanted advice on people. I've become a little insecure with stuff that has happened to me in the last few years and while I appreciate someone caring for me and not wanting to get hurt or whatever, I already have enough shit going on inside my head to have even more doubts added by other people.

If I'm gonna get hurt then so be it, it's not gonna be the first or the last time. I just hate having to second guess everything I'm told by this guy. I really like him, we have an amazing time when we're together and that should be all that matters.

fernoca

Hey fernoca is posting again! Always good to see more posters from the older threads more.
Hehe.
I asked to be banned earlier this year, until September. This place (at least the gaming side) is not as fun anymore, specially for someone like me that happens to enjoy more the Nintendo-side of gaming. :p

Ban was lifted on September 1st, but my mother was hospitalized on the 4th. She died on September 19.

So, have more in my mind, and in general I just post less; plus have less time to be around here (work 6 days a week too, chores, cooking, my dog, etc.). Usually update my Facebook with pictures of games I buy (or playing on the Wii U) and that' it. XD

Turned 31 on August too...still single
and still uglier than the launch-lineup of the PS4 and XO combined... but don't care!!!
XD

i can't tell if this gif is laughing at my expense
Cute guys that like videogames = Happy tears. :')

Or more direct to the point:
3fTgTRk.gif

scarlet

Hehe.
I asked to be banned earlier this year, until September. This place (at least the gaming side) is not as fun anymore, specially for someone like me that happens to enjoy more the Nintendo-side of gaming. :p

Ban was lifted on September 1st, but my mother was hospitalized on the 4th. She died on September 19.]

J6bGtvp.gif

mantidor

Hehe.

Ban was lifted on September 1st, but my mother was hospitalized on the 4th. She died on September 19.

So, have more in my mind, and in general I just post less; plus have less time to be around here (work 6 days a week too, chores, cooking, my dog, etc.). Usually update my Facebook with pictures of games I buy (or playing on the Wii U) and that' it. XD

and still uglier than the launch-lineup of the PS4 and XO combined... but don't care!!!
XD

Sorry for your loss :(

And if I'm remembering you right you are not anything close to ugly.

daripad

Ok, let's quote everyone
Have a hug, both of you.

*Hugs back* Thanks :)

hm. 'sup!

Welcome! We are a harmless group of guys (and very few girls) that will complain about everything
So yesterday my Mom left to Mexico and so I had to go with her, it was just the two of us.

That was cruel. You must have used the word homosexual to come out, the only right word that people will get. If they don't get that word then I don't know. But yes, parents are misisnformed about lots of things and that's why they usually end up making this comments. It sucks.

XD

1. I'm so sorry about it. I know is hard but remember that we are mortal and one day we'll be gone. Hope you are fine.

2. lol you love Nintendo, you can't be ugly in my book. Unless you want to prove it ;)

Looks like I went overboard with my Tumblr, friend is asking me if I'm gay right now lmao

Don't let the social networks get you out of the closet. Be careful. Every single click is deadly.

He probably doesn't know how to use Twitter either.

"It's like the internet printed on a tree."

I honestly have no idea how to socially "use" tumblr. There's so many people and internets and junk that it's all beyond me. Hell, it's not like I'd want to follow half the blogs I "follow" in the first place, last thing I need are my irl tumblr buddies knowing I watch amateur twinks bang and ship let's play folks.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
He probably doesn't know how to use Twitter either.

Actually, Twitter makes a hell of a lot more sense than Tumblr. Everything you need is right at your finger tips. Retweet, reply, favorite, save comments: All under the tweet. Make a tweet? Right in it's own window.

Tumblr kinda hides some of this shit from you, I'm starting to "get" it but it's not that amazing a thing to me. It's just a poor mans Twitter that does picture support better...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom