• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RM8

About the talk of people becoming smug when their favorite systems sell well - I love checking the Media Create threads weekly and seeing 3DS stomping all over Japan :p Really looking forward the numbers for these holidays. That being said, I don't need to troll ViitaU and I actually want to buy both struggling systems way more than PS4/XB1 :x

You aren't alone. I'm afraid of getting STDs too. Good thing I've never had sex.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Burbeting

Banned
I'm fucking terrified of STDs and that thread in Off-Topic is not helping at all.

You'll be fine, if you just remember to stay in the safe side :). Think it like this: you wouldn't drive a car without a seatbelt on right, because accidents would happen.

You wouldn't, right?

You aren't alone. I'm afraid of getting STDs too. Good thing I've never had sex.

Well... I guess this is another solution as well :D...

mantidor

There's a guy supporting aids denial in me Facebook -_- and he seemed like an intelligent person, I feel so disappointed. I linked the skeptics dictionary article that debunks the whole nonsense. I usually don't care about dumb, ignorant people sharing retarded things, but that misinformation can be so dangerous when we are talking about hiv/aids.

edit: oh god he replied with an absolutely insane and dumb aids denial video, I need even more ammo now.

RM8

I don't understand aids denial. Other idiotic denials like the holocaust denial have pretty transparent intentions, but why would anyone deny the existence of a disease just because? Just idiotic. People believe such stupid crap.
---

Guise, halp :( I kind of want an iPhone because it's small and has more games than Android, but literally everything else, I prefer about Android. I'd miss widgets, I'd miss multiple app stores, I'd miss the Humble Android Bundles, I'd miss Ikaruga (as crappy as it is with touch controls, lol), I'd miss customization, using my device for file storage, putting music on it without iTunes, unlocking Netflix with Hola... But still, I kind of want an iPhone. What would HomoGAF do? :(

Caladrius

I don't understand aids denial. Other idiotic denials like the holocaust denial have pretty transparent intentions, but why would anyone deny the existence of a disease just because? Just idiotic. People believe such stupid crap.
---

Guise, halp :( I kind of want an iPhone because it's small and has more games than Android, but literally everything else, I prefer about Android. I'd miss widgets, I'd miss multiple app stores, I'd miss the Humble Android Bundles, I'd miss Ikaruga (as crappy as it is with touch controls, lol), I'd miss customization, using my device for file storage, putting music on it without iTunes, unlocking Netflix with Hola... But still, I kind of want an iPhone. What would HomoGAF do? :(

Stay with android. Apple devices are walled-in black boxes.

sruckus

Stay with android. Apple devices are walled-in black boxes.

And the Tom Daley peacetime comes to an end.

Edit: it's worth nothing that you don't need iTunes for music and haven't for awhile. Apps like Spotify can sync and control even music from your computer. I don't use iTunes anymore for anything.

RM8

I had an iPod Touch until somewhat recently, I know what I'm getting into. Awful app store, super closed device, the need of third party PC software to take music out of it, no SD card support, etc.

But man, iOS has Street Fighter and Makaimura, WTF. Plus I prefer smaller phones. My Lumia 800 and Xperia P were iPhone-sized, I feel that's the perfect size for a phone.

BTW I'm shallow so I'd buy a 5C because a phone being blue is a legit advantage in my eyes, lol.

Caladrius

And the Tom Daley peacetime comes to an end.

You didn't see the Sticker Star scuffle a page or two ago?

I had an iPod Touch until somewhat recently, I know what I'm getting into. Awful app store, super closed device, the need of third party PC software to take music out of it, no SD card support, etc.

But man, iOS has Street Fighter and Makaimura, WTF. Plus I prefer smaller phones. My Lumia 800 and Xperia P were iPhone-sized, I feel that's the perfect size for a phone.

BTW I'm shallow so I'd buy a 5C because a phone being blue is a legit advantage in my eyes, lol.

The phone case is your friend. If the exclusives are really that compelling you can give it a go, but I'd be more concerned about how well it functions overall.

Get a blue case for your Android phone and get the cheapest, most recent Touch model you can find used or pre-owned.

RM8

The phone case is your friend. If the exclusives are really that compelling you can give it a go, but I'd be more concerned about how well it functions overall.
My current phone (Xperia SP) is red, and I like it like that :p I hate cases and screen protectors. Ideally I should be waiting for the Xperia Z1S to release. It's apparently slightly larger than an iPhone, and I've been really pleased with Sony's take on Android so far. Or I could buy the Z1F which is Japan-exclusive early next year, apparently Docomo unlocks it for you for a small fee:

Get a blue case for your Android phone and get the cheapest, most recent Touch model you can find used or pre-owned.
I refuse to own more than one small smart-device. That's why I sold my iPod in the first place :p I just wasn't using it anymore. Bleeeh.

BTW another pro-iPhone factor is that you apparently can very easily make a foreign account. The region locking on Google Play is haaaarsh :(

scarlet

I had iPhone 4 for 2 years and now I use Galaxy S4.

I'm not a fan of android UI and everything else, but loving S4. If I could, I want S4 with iOS7.

If you love a lot of softwares, iPhone is your best friend.

I love my Galaxy Note 2, it's frightening how many hours I spend using it every day. It has completely dominated my waking life... it's a blessing and a curse. I'm glad it has a huge screen (for a phone), because if I'm spending the majority of my waking hours staring at it, then the bigger it is the better.

RM8

I kind of decided against it. A couple of phone games in exchange of my favorite mobile OS and loss of functionality? Nope. Eventually I'll find a small Android with decent specs.

That being said, I don't get phone wars. I think Android, iOS and WP are pretty cool and I can see why people would prefer each one. Screw BlackBerry, though >:D I've never owned one so I can't defend it.

RM8

Ahaha I coincidentally encountered an Apple store and played with the 5C a bit. I repeat, this is how big I want my phone to be. Looks pretty good, reminds me of my Lumia 800 in size and feel. So light, so comfortable. Then out of habit I tried to type like I do with the Xperia's swipe option, lol. That's something I'd really miss.

Rationally, I don't need it and I shouldn't be considering buying it, I'm quitting my job soon FFS.

daemonic

Banned
my dreams are crushed ;___;

I think you mean Hip Tanaka. I'm referring to Hiro Tanaka, the actor.

I met Hiro (Roma) Tanaka years ago after he performed a live set to a handful of onlookers at an HMV in Tokyo. No one knew who he was despite his attempts to come off as an international star so it was pretty embarrassing to watch. I later read about his past online and whether true or not, it wouldn't really surprise me.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I met Hiro (Roma) Tanaka years ago after he performed a live set to a handful of onlookers at an HMV in Tokyo. No one knew who he was despite his attempts to come off as an international star so it was pretty embarrassing to watch. I later read about his past online and whether true or not, it wouldn't really surprise me.

:(

What did you read about his past?

ivysaur12

Banned
http://www.bridportnews.co.uk/uk_national_entertainment/10855848.Daley__It_was_love_at_first_sight/

Diver Tom Daley has told how it was "love at first sight" when he met the man who now shares his life.

The Olympic medal-winning star, who revealed the relationship for the first time this week, also explained that keeping his sexuality under wraps had felt like "a dirty little secret".

In an interview with ITV's Jonathan Ross Show to be screened on Saturday, he explained how he had made the first move, even though he was not sure if his now-partner was even gay - and it was his first experience of love.

Daley, 19, announced he was in a relationship with a "a guy" by posting a message on YouTube on Monday. Although he has not confirmed the identity, he is said to be dating screenwriter and activist Dustin Lance Black, who is aged 39.

Speaking for the first time since since he went public, Daley told Ross: "It really was love at first sight, I'd never felt like anything like it before. We were at a party and I hadn't even spoken to him all night.

"I didn't know what to do or if he was gay at first. I made the first move, I typed 'call me' in his notes with a smiley face on this phone and the next day he texted.

"He makes me feel safe and happy, right now I couldn't be happier.

I'm happy he's happy. But. :-(

mantidor

is that before the iphone? woah ur old.

I used apple computers at school.

We used Logo (the one with the turtle), it was awesome.

Then Apple took a nosedive.

Then it resurged, with the ugliest computers ever made, but that somehow were a hit because they had bright colors or something.

And I've dated myself as well :p.

DAE think guys are most attractive when they're just a little bit chubby? I wouldn't really want to snuggle with someone whose all ripped and jagged and whatnot.

mantidor

Ha I missed this, poor Crayons you guys don't forgive anything. :p you scared him away.

The only reason to get your first time is to make it less of a big deal, because sex is not a big deal at the end, you'll realize getting too worried about STDs is unwaranted as long as you are safe, you can get viral infections in so many other ways anyway, not having sex is not really saving you from anything.

Cosmic too.

We are the grandpas!

I'm 25 :p Internally I feel like I oscillate between being 10 and 40 though.

I'm honestly shocked, I really thought you were in your 30s.

I swear guys on dating apps/sites take the worst pics of their dicks... it's all POV, lying on bed, crappy lighting, with a floppy dick to the side... geez

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
DAE think guys are most attractive when they're just a little bit chubby? I wouldn't really want to snuggle with someone whose all ripped and jagged and whatnot.

More attractive when they're chubby? Mmm. It depends on how chubby they are, I suppose. I do think that a guy with a bit of a belly is hotter than someone with washboard abs though.

I swear guys on dating apps/sites take the worst pics of their dicks... it's all POV, lying on bed, scrappy lighting, with a floppy dick to the side... geez

You should make a 'How to Take a Proper Dick Pic' tutorial!

Crayons

Banned
Ha I missed this, poor Crayons you guys don't forgive anything. :p you scared him away.

The only reason to get your first time is to make it less of a big deal, because sex is not a big deal at the end, you'll realize getting too worried about STDs is unwaranted as long as you are safe, you can get viral infections in so many other ways anyway, not having sex is not really saving you from anything.

It's okay, I've kind of given up on it anyway. No one I like likes me back, but my hand will always be there for me.

I'm honestly shocked, I really thought you were in your 30s.

Thanks :) I think I place a lot of emphasis on certain perspectives or traits that I've actually developed and fleshed out, maybe because I'm the sort of person that has a pretty singular focus to begin with; while I get to casually omit the many aspects of growing up that I've neglected, so it kind of creates an illusion :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom