• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RM8

Maltese dogs are so underrated. They give me diabetes.

qwlyU7m.jpg

tx163ck.jpg

Sai-kun

Banned
Both Dany M and Mr. F make excellent drinking friends. Their tolerance is a little lower than mine...but they're great to be around! We drank and danced and drank and danced and then drank more and danced more! #awesomenight

Mr. F

Banned
Both Dany M and Mr. F make excellent drinking friends. Their tolerance is a little lower than mine...but they're great to be around! We drank and danced and drank and danced and then drank more and danced more! #awesomenight

I deny nothing. I don't drink much typically! Good haul though, my favourite might have been the Christmassy drink

Night GAF bye

sruckus

I debated asking here but here goes. I'm home for the holidays and a guy I knew from HS in on grindr which was surprising although I always kind of had an interest in being around him subconsciously.

Anyway thanksgiving when I was home was the first time I messaged him (just "hey") and no response.

He's probably out of my league but I wanted to try just one more time. Hey isn't exactly the most inviting plus I don't know how new he is to this or what. I guess I'm wondering is there anything I could say to get the point across that I think he's a cool guy I want to hang out with without looking desperate? Maybe not.

I planned on essentially saying something like "not sure why you're here but think you're a nice guy" and wouldn't mind hanging even if he just wants to talk or whatever. Any ideas?

Sincerely, desperate guy

I finally talked to my friend about still having a crush on him. He asked about something I posted on twitter the other day (it said "This is really not healthy"). I gave in and told him it was about him. He was like "I thought that was over" and "I'll do whatever is best for you".

I told him I had a crush on him for a really long time and sometimes it was really hard being around him because he's really "affectionate" with me. Like in the past week he was sending me kisses in pictures... that was kinda fucked up (even though I liked it). He can't be that blind. I'm pretty sure in the back of his mind he knew what he was doing.

He told me that he really appreciates me and he's only affectionate with me and not with other people because that's what I "inspire him" and he'd rather take distance than treat me in a more "cold" way

It makes me sad thinking of not having him around because I considered him a very good friend but I guess that's the price I'll have to pay. We didn't really say goodbye or anything, last thing wrote him was that even though it's not his fault he's a constant reminder of all the other times guys have told me they just like me as a friend or it's just not the right time, etc, etc. He said "OK".

Oh well, life goes on... I'm just tired of doing this over and over again.

RM8

In the end, don't you agree that your moving on skills are in need of some improvement? Personally, it feels to me like you get overly attached to people that you shouldn't.

I debated asking here but here goes. I'm home for the holidays and a guy I knew from HS in on grindr which was surprising although I always kind of had an interest in being around him subconsciously.

Anyway thanksgiving when I was home was the first time I messaged him (just "hey") and no response.

He's probably out of my league but I wanted to try just one more time. Hey isn't exactly the most inviting plus I don't know how new he is to this or what. I guess I'm wondering is there anything I could say to get the point across that I think he's a cool guy I want to hang out with without looking desperate? Maybe not.

I planned on essentially saying something like "not sure why you're here but think you're a nice guy" and wouldn't mind hanging even if he just wants to talk or whatever. Any ideas?

Sincerely, desperate guy

If he didn't respond from one message, I wouldn't keep trying honestly.

In the end, don't you agree that your moving on skills are in need of some improvement? Personally, it feels to me like you get overly attached to people that you shouldn't.

I do agree with your points (I also surprise myself at how quickly I've gotten over a couple of guys). Thing is I've never been into "flings" and that kind of stuff. My dating/love life experience has been very "small". My first boyfriend and I were together for 5 years (and he was like the 2nd/3rd guy I dated, the first one was an asshole and the 2nd just vanished) which ended about a year and a half ago.

The big deal, to me, is that when I told him I liked him (which was pretty early, but we had a backstory that went on for years) and he told me he just wanted to be single, wasn't interested in relationships, etc, I believe he should have backed off or acted accordingly to what he said. Instead he seemed to act more and more affectionately, sending me random pictures during the day, texting me first thing in the morning wishing me a good day, constantly complimenting my looks and finally sending me kisses in pictures.

How was I supposed to get over him when he just kept behaving as if we were in some sort of sick relationship?

Maybe he would reply if he knew who you were. Does that possibility exist? Assume he doesn't remember you and give him something a bit more than a "Hey" but not something saying you think he's nice. Just say, "Hey, this is [you] from high school. Don't know if you remember me or not. Maybe I should have opened with that instead of just saying 'Hey' last time."

Or something. A "Hey" is one of the worst messages to send and receive. It gives the recipient nothing; there is no obligation or desire for him to bother with a reply.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Maybe he would reply if he knew who you were. Does that possibility exist? Assume he doesn't remember you and give him something a bit more than a "Hey" but not something saying you think he's nice. Just say, "Hey, this is [you] from high school. Don't know if you remember me or not. Maybe I should have opened with that instead of just saying 'Hey' last time."

Or something. A "Hey" is one of the worst messages to send and receive. It gives the recipient nothing; there is no obligation or desire for him to bother with a reply.

You mean to say a "Hey" wont let them see their life together growing older!?!?!
REVELAITONS

Sai-kun

Banned
For reference, I ignore one word messages on every single chat website/app. "Hey" and "hi" and "hello" are useless. At least ask "how's it going?", or "what's up?".

Is there a character limit for Grindr profiles? Honest question. It's probably just me, but seeing "u," "ur," "&" for "and" and all those variants makes my penis shrivel up.

On that note, this is probably why texting breaks my heart. I'll probably get stabbed and be bleeding out one of these days, but I will still write out whole words and send a "*" text afterward in case auto-correct fails me. After calling 911, of course.

Is there a character limit for Grindr profiles? Honest question. It's probably just me, but seeing "u," "ur," "&" for "and" and all those variants makes my penis shrivel up.

On that note, this is probably why texting breaks my heart. I'll probably get stabbed and be bleeding out one of these days, but I will still write out whole words and send a "*" text afterward in case auto-correct fails me. After calling 911, of course.

Blame texting culture. Even happens here on Gaf.

Yes there is a character limit, and I also hate using "u," "ur," and "&" (I made my living writing and editing content for advertising agencies and big corporations, so I compulsively edit them out of other people's writing whenever I can) but I had to use them to make the text fit. I didn't have to do it on Scruff though.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh, hey, Isaac: Remember that dude I told you about? Finally met up with him.

"You should be hooking up with people...."

How the heck do you respond to that? Like.. I don't even know.

I've been texting this guy for almost two months, we haven't met yet but I might meet him when I get back to Austin next year. I'm not even sure if I want to meet him anymore, but I feel like two months is a long time to talk to someone and have nothing come from it.

My crush/friend
(probably drunk)
texted me at 3 AM saying: "Miss U".

I didn't really know what to answer back. I ended up replying a broken heart emoji this morning.

I'm the one who has the crush, I'm the one who should be
drunk
texting him. This is really weird.

But when it shrinks doesn't it also look wrinkly?

"Okay, I will. Thanks for the suggestion!"

I ended up texting him: "That's super random. What makes you say that?"
stupid I know
to see how he responds. Then I sent him the exact same text he sent me. No response yet. He's always busy so I probably won't get one for a while or he won't respond at all.

My crush/friend
(probably drunk)

I didn't really know what to answer back. I ended up replying a broken heart emoji this morning.

I'm the one who has the crush, I'm the one who should be
drunk
texting him. This is really weird.

Ask him to hang out sometime. See how he acts around you in person.

Spree

I actually agree with this. But that Link we're talking about bought a shield and is wearing what looks like a long polo shirt with a belt. He didn't even bother to iron that thing.

Does he get a free pass for being cute too? :p http://i.imgur.com/pgfwG1Q.jpg

I see your point. Yep, this cosplay >> this, even though I think the lazy one is cuter :3

Yes, free pass for the cutest one of all!

My crush/friend
(probably drunk)

Now that's just annoying. Even after you told him how you felt, he still keeps pulling this BS >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom