• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grakl

Had problems watching Bridegrooms on Netflix so I switched to How to Survive a Plague. First gay-related thing I can watch, but it's more because it focuses on AIDS. Good movie so far. I watched Indie Game: The Movie earlier and thought that was great.

Kangi

Hm, missed the Dylan Sprouse stuff.

13-year-old me has been waiting for this for a long time. Current me is left unimpressed, but satisfied. Shame the more attractive twin is some type of hippie now.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Hm, missed the Dylan Sprouse stuff.

13-year-old me has been waiting for this for a long time. Current me is left unimpressed, but satisfied. Shame the more attractive twin is some type of hippie now.

11187_original.jpg

You are bluffing!

No but seriously you've never had a nightmare? that is extremely rare.

I'll have them in cases like extreme sleep deprivation but it's pretty rare. I don't feel I have them as often as other people do, anyway. That being said, my definition of a "nightmare" usually has me waking up with sensory overload. I don't really classify "scary stuff" as nightmares because I've never had any major fears. Even death is kinda iffy - I don't think I've ever woke up prematurely thanks to being killed in dreams. That being said, I think I have died once or twice in dreams, but I respawned after.

Maybe I just put in the Konami Code at a young age?

I can only remember two nightmares I had this year: one where my cat died and I woke up with tears in my eyes, and one recently after I had gotten my job. It's basically a tech support / "media arts associate" secretary position so I spend a lot of the day just moving around and / or editing photos. My dream was just me making my morning commute and I was doing computer work instead of using the wheel, not that I wrecked or anything. Anyways, a State Trooper on a motorbike (which we don't even have here) caught me computering while driving and started trying to pull me over so I just didn't make eye contact and buried my face in the laptop. He eventually got up to my door and we were slowing down at a red light, and the last thing I can remember is him banging on my driver's side door.

...so I don't wake up from getting killed, but I wake up from getting busted? goddammit gtav

EDIT: It's probably worth noting that I'm usually the monster of the week when it comes to nightmares. I've murdered, raped, pillaged and burned from a first-person perspective plenty of times, but the only times people / pets close to me have died in my dreams, it's been because of time and natural causes. Could just be a power fantasy thing, but I think I'm supremely fucked up in the head because I haven't heard any other stories about similar dreams from other people.

The typical "Men's genitals are disgusting, I don't want to see that shit, how do I explain this to my children, etc." pearl clutching.

pearl clutching? cosmicbus.jpg

I never get nightmares either. I remember one or two from my childhood, and perhaps a single one in recent years.

I typically don't remember my dreams, so i could be having nightmares but don't remember them afterwards.

Alrus

My recent nightmares mostly involve having a spider crawl on my face then me waking up with an actual spider on my face... I'm terrified of spiders :(

Lucario

I dreamed my boyfriend watched a girl flirt with me at the beach and we tried to explain ourselves but were too socially awkward to do anything so I ended up going out with her.

my boyfriend was on the date too and we spent most of the time exchanging nervous glances because we didn't know how to get out of the situation

Grakl

I dreamed my boyfriend watched a girl flirt with me at the beach and we tried to explain ourselves but were too socially awkward to do anything so I ended up going out with her.

my boyfriend was on the date too and we spent most of the time exchanging nervous glances because we didn't know how to get out of the situation
ahahahahahaha

Went to my first gay nightclub. Well, it was my first nightclub experience in general, and shirtless guy dancing in the middle of the grassy knoll and making highly suggestive moves to any guy who came up to him notwithstanding, it doesn't seem like it would be much different from a general nightclub.

And yeah, just generally too noisy and boisterous for my tastes. Glad I went at least once, though.

Went to my first gay nightclub. Well, it was my first nightclub experience in general, and shirtless guy dancing in the middle of the grassy knoll and making highly suggestive moves to any guy who came up to him notwithstanding, it doesn't seem like it would be much different from a general nightclub.

And yeah, just generally too noisy and boisterous for my tastes. Glad I went at least once, though.

I have never been to a night club before. I really want to try it out but I'm always so tired around 11 lol.

Go with friends and do MDMA. Just kidding, I think that's potentially pretty dangerous because of possible adulterants like PMA. It was basically how I was initiated into having fun at clubs though.

Rayis

That sounds really fun to me, (especially the shirtless guy part) I want to go to a gay club but don't have anyone to go with and I don't want to just awkwardly enter by myself and look like an idiot.

Every time I hear grassy knoll I think JFK.

Sai-kun

Banned
Go with friends and do MDMA. Just kidding, I think that's potentially pretty dangerous because of possible adulterants like PMA. It was basically how I was initiated into having fun at clubs though.

I don't know if rolling at a club would be much fun unless it had a really cool lighting setup. The music might be good but if there's no visual stimulation to go with it, it would be pretty pointless IMO.

I wanna roll againnnnn. So fun.

Sorry it wasn't a blast, Lander. Clubs are usually pretty fun but the atmosphere is definitely not for everyone.

I don't know if rolling at a club would be much fun unless it had a really cool lighting setup. The music might be good but if there's no visual stimulation to go with it, it would be pretty pointless IMO.

I wanna roll againnnnn. So fun.

Sorry it wasn't a blast, Lander. Clubs are usually pretty fun but the atmosphere is definitely not for everyone.

For me it was all about the bass and feeling the vibes of the massive crowd, and dancing ofc. Lighting is nice but it isn't that high on the list if those other things are there.

I'm like too old to roll now though (25 lol), it's too much of an emotional roller coaster that the comedown rarely seems worth it. For other enactogens 2c-b with a friend or lover is still pretty easy to take.

Sai-kun

Banned
For me it was all about the bass and feeling the vibes of the massive crowd, and dancing ofc. Lighting is nice but it isn't that high on the list if those other things are there.

I'm like too old to roll now though (25 lol), it's too much of an emotional roller coaster that the comedown rarely seems worth it. For other enactogens 2c-b with a friend or lover is still pretty easy to take.

Truuuuuue true!

Why do you think you're too old? Is the comedown now different from when you were younger? I'm 22 and I only rolled for the first time this year, back in April. I can't see myself still doing it in like 10 years, but it's a hell of a good time at festivals and stuff. Can't wait for festival season 2014 :D

Spree

Ahh, thanks.

also yaay Utah

I'm amazed at the last few years in terms of LGBT rights in the US.
yay I'm sort of a bit less ashamed of us now.

wow I didn't recognize him at all scrolling through the thread, not until I read the quote above the pic.

That hot guy-bear I posted a pic of some pages back? Found him on Instagram. Yum.

Edit: zomg he's gay and has a gorgeous gamer boyfriend.

/swoon and FML

They're both so cute, and they're cute together :3

Didn't look good at first, but it turned out nice :)

Alrus

Never been to a gay nightclub but went to a few regular ones. It's not really my kind of stuff, usually too crowded and noisy. On top of that I don't particularly enjoy the usual clubbing crowd around here... Maybe if I get drunk before, I'd enjoy more, sorta.

I tend to like regular bars better if I'm going out. They're less overwhelming.

Truuuuuue true!

Why do you think you're too old? Is the comedown now different from when you were younger? I'm 22 and I only rolled for the first time this year, back in April. I can't see myself still doing it in like 10 years, but it's a hell of a good time at festivals and stuff. Can't wait for festival season 2014 :D

I think the comedown is the same, I just have less of a tolerance for it. Probably too many nights of dropping E on a work night, being up all night, and then going to work in the morning emotionally depleted and fighting the urge to collapse into angry/exaperated tears every time I drop my pen or have to receive a phone call. Maybe it's the lack of sleep too and I should have some xanax on hand or something to help me get to sleep, but the particular kind of stress it puts me through makes me temperamental as fuck.

I think the last time I rolled was like three years ago, on Halloween. It was fun, but I think the extremes are too extreme for me to not have a sense of 'been there, done that' after a while, if that makes sense :p

Sai-kun

Banned
I think the comedown is the same, I just have less of a tolerance for it. Probably too many nights of dropping E on a work night, being up all night, and then going to work in the morning emotionally depleted and fighting the urge to collapse into angry/exaperated tears every time I drop my pen or have to receive a phone call. Maybe it's the lack of sleep too and I should have some xanax on hand or something to help me get to sleep, but the particular kind of stress it puts me through makes me temperamental as fuck.

I think the last time I rolled was like three years ago, on Halloween. It was fun, but I think the extremes are too extreme for me to not have a sense of 'been there, done that' after a while, if that makes sense :p

Eeeehhh yeah I feel that. I prepare like crazy for rolling, making sure my schedule the day after is clear or very light, informing my roommates about it, etc..

And that does make sense. I think after the last time I roll this year, I'm gonna stick to just doing it at festivals and stop droppin' at regular shows. I definitely need to cut back on it a bit to keep it fun to do. Thankfully my sober enjoyment of shows and festivals hasn't depleted at all! I don't get people who go to shows so fucked up they don't even remember the night. That's that shit I don't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom