• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grakl

Played every game since Crystal and have a living pokedex.

I just wanted a reason to post this pic of heliolisk cuz I'm a pro pokemon player so I edited my post to fix grammar mistakes I like good grammar (I've been playing since blue/red and charmeleon is my favorite)

Aqu2Jo5.png

he still wrecks fools

Goldrush

This shirtless mod for DmC doesn't work, it simply adds a stubble which is kind of a downgrade. I hope I don't have to download the game again to remove the mod, lol (EDIT: Nope, I don't have to :D).

BTW it's an okay game, nothing special (and a bit too simple, but I just started playing I guess). Cut-scenes ARE kind of an issue, though, but then I'm highly intolerant of them. Gosh, mission 2 is a never-ending cycle of walk two steps, cut-scene, kill a couple of monsters, cut-scene, jump twice, cut-scene.

I had the mod working, but there was a noticeable performance hit.

I was fuming from the previews, but actually end up liking the game and loving the new Dante.

Caladrius

I just wanted a reason to post this pic of heliolisk cuz I'm a pro pokemon player so I edited my post to fix grammar mistakes I like good grammar (I've been playing since blue/red and charmeleon is my favorite)

Aqu2Jo5.png

he still wrecks fools

Heliolisk is one of my favorites. Gallade, Typhlosion and Giratina share the top spot.

Bladenic

Ugh I can't tell if I'm being paranoid or totally right about what I'm feeling about this person I've been talking to for over a month now.

Serious question: why'd they do the whole queer angle thing with DmC? Was it just a westernized attempt of pulling for the whole bishonen thing Japan loves to do?

RM8

I had the mod working, but there was a noticeable performance hit.

I was fuming from the previews, but actually end up liking the game and loving the new Dante.
My opinion is weird right now. I think it's fun, mostly okay, but the flow of the game is disastrous and at least early in the game the combat seems to be rather simple. The music is quite forgettable too. For a $13 game I'm okay with my purchase, also it's amazing how it runs so well on my wimpy PC :p And yeah, I'm warming up to new Dante, I just need to find a mod that works because I really don't dig his outfit. But that's a pretty minor complain.

I also haven't encountered any ghey events in the game so far, are you guys telling me to -not- skip the cut-scenes? :0

Caladrius

Wait, how old are you? I thought you were in your 20s...

It's a long story.
Practiced in one state until I was almost ready->had to move-> Thought I was going to a university so I didn't get it-> didn't move->family drama+procrastination-> more family drama->procrastination.

My parents think I'm ready to get it. Once the finances for the next semester are sorted out I think I'm going to take the exam.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Pretty sure the Dante in this DmC was an Author Insert originally.

Yes it was.

And "Punk look makes gaydars do things," uh... no. Firm. Sorry, but most of the people that splooged over Donte was gay men that aren't punk. The rest of us rolled our eyes.

Meth Donte would've been kinda interesting, if they didn't call him Dante

Any truth to this or just baseless gossip?

Super Bowl MVP Winner Aaron Rodgers Allegedly Outed By Rumored Boyfriend

According to the spy:
Aaron has attended numerous sports award shows with Kevin, always color coordinated and without any double female dates, including the ESPY’s. Kevin was also the first person Aaron embraced when the Packers won the Super-bowl in 2011. I just find it really strange that as of late there has been many bitter subliminal tweets on Kevin Lanflisi’s twitter alluding to a relationship much deeper than a friendship he had, with who I perceive to be Aaron Rodgers, because Kevin has NEVER once tweeted about having a girlfriend, just mainly about the Green Bay Packers, Aaron Rodgers, and Justin Bieber’s music and sitting front row at Bieber’s concert. There has been speculation for years here in Wisconsin that Aaron is gay.

And "Punk look makes gaydars do things," uh... no. Firm. Sorry, but most of the people that splooged over Donte was gay men that aren't punk. The rest of us rolled our eyes.
I'm pretty sure some people thought he was queer based on his look and that's what I meant but okay.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It's a long story.
Practiced in one state until I was almost ready->had to move-> Thought I was going to a university so I didn't get it-> didn't move->family drama+procrastination-> more family drama->procrastination.

My parents think I'm ready to get it. Once the finances for the next semester are sorted out I think I'm going to take the exam.

It's okay I don't have my license either. ;__;

It's like Ellen DeGeneres and Nick Cage had a baby.

Spot on.

Kater

Banned
Gone Home has LGBT themes?

PS:As a reply to your previous post, I haven't finished Persona 4 yet, but it's pretty damn good if you manage to ignore the weeaboo stuff (waifus, etc.) Good enough to justify a system purchase? Maybe. In combination with all the free games you get from PS+, definitely.
It has those themes and it handles the whole thing really well. I won't spoil the game more than that for you though.

Weeaboo stuff doesn't impact if I like or dislike a game as long as the rest of the games story and the battle system is satisfying. (Like in Fire Emblem Awakening)

I don't have a PS3 yet and won't have one until possibly end of next year, is PS+ still worth it if you just own a Vita?

I'm watching Teen Wolf and it's 1:21 AM and I'm in episode of Season 2 jesus christ why do I do this to myself. I remember when there was a Marathon for Season 1 on MTV and I watched ALL of it.

EDIT AT 1:37 AM: OKAY NO I AM WATCHING EPISODE 6 AND THE BAD GUY IS TARGETING THE ONNLYY FUCKING GAY CHARACTER IN THIS SHOW YOU KNOW HE'S NOT EVEN A MAIN CHARACTER HE'S A SIDE CHARACTER

edit at 1:45 AM: okay okay he paralysed him but i think he didn't kill him oh my god

edit: it is 4:18 AM and holy fuck holy fuck at episode 8 what just happened everybody needs to watch this show

I'm watching Teen Wolf and it's 1:21 AM and I'm in episode of Season 2 jesus christ why do I do this to myself. I remember when there was a Marathon for Season 1 on MTV and I watched ALL of it.

EDIT AT 1:37 AM: OKAY NO I AM WATCHING EPISODE 6 AND THE BAD GUY IS TARGETING THE ONNLYY FUCKING GAY CHARACTER IN THIS SHOW YOU KNOW HE'S NOT EVEN A MAIN CHARACTER HE'S A SIDE CHARACTER

edit at 1:45 AM: okay okay he paralysed him but i think he didn't kill him oh my god

edit: it is 4:18 AM and holy fuck holy fuck at episode 8 what just happened everybody needs to watch this show

I'm so glad Teen Wolf does this to somebody else other than me. I'm totally up to date with it and it's so good. Just that theme tune alone sends shivers down my spine.
and penis.

fernoca

Season 3 of Teen Wolf is even better and introduces a new gay character too. Glad that the season was divided in two; and the next half begins next week. :)

I've stumbled into a pretty unexpected situation in the last few days. I was talking to a straight friend (who I'll refer to as Jack for ease of reading) after my final exam on the last day of the term and he commented to me that a close friend in our year (who I'll call Ben) of his had confided in him, stating that he was gay. A few days ago I met up with Jack and he had stated that Ben was looking for somebody to hook-up with somebody else simply to have some fun during the holidays, Jack asked me if I was interested and, while usually I would have declined, I decided to take a chance and got an email of his (which was a dummy email account, at this stage I have no idea who it is). A few days ago I sent him an email (from a dummy email account since, while I don't lie about my sexuality [I'm not absolutely certain I am gay or bisexual despite having been with a friend before] it isn't something I want to become some piece of gossip) and after learning that he's serious about (through somewhat vague pictures with his face blurred; there wasn't enough distinguishing features for me to be certain as to who it is) it I've just sent him a message stating who I was and asking him who he is, wondering if he wants to meet up whenever suits him (I wanted to figure out who he was first, and while I've an inkling as to his identity, I ultimately decided the worst that can happen is I'm declined and he comments to others or it's a joke and I can deal with momentary embarassment). I must admit I am kind of excited and I'm hoping my height doesn't put him off (I'm only just over five foot one inch) or there hasn't been some form of past conflict (which I doubt, but even still it's in the back of my mind) that scares him away.

I'm teetering between apprehensiveness and excitation awaiting the reply, I really didn't expect it. Sorry for the diary-like post, and I am also sorry for the use of fake names which is generally a feature that annoys me in posts (as I find them too difficult to read), but I'm just curious if anybody else has ever had a friend with benefits and how it panned out?** I'm slightly worried that if he does meet me it'll be pretty awkward initially and, as he is in my year (and I'm pretty sure in some of my classes), that it may be awkward afterwards. I'm also hoping that he's pretty much aware that I'm not looking for an emotionally-charged relationship; while he's stated he's aware of this, it's something I don't want to develop as, quite frankly, I don't have much of an interest in one in the current time period.

**this is my main reason for posting and what I'm primarily interested in. but if somebody wants to comment on another aspect, by all means feel free to do so.

EDIT: As it turns out my height is an issue for him with more than a foot difference between us so I guess I won't need to know if it's worth it, and accompanying issues, afterall.

LAtoDC

Neo Member
Hi everyone,

Long time lurker here and for the longest time could not login, but I am back and I hope to be more engaged in this community :)

Long story short, my boyfriend of two years broke up with me the week before Christmas. Out of the blue he told me he that he didn't love me anymore, that I was the right person at the wrong time, and that he didnt have time for a relationship. He is 23, and I am 24 and I was pretty devastated, especially right before the holidays.

He wants to remain friends and I know we probably will be (I mean I love the guy), but I honestly want nothing to do with him. I go from being really sad to angry to sad again. I know I will be alright and that there are plenty of fish in the sea, but our lives are so integrated. We work together, we have tons of mutual friends (we both moved to the area at the same time to take a job, thats how we met). I know time heals all wounds, but do you guys have any advice on how to deal with this? I'm feeling so down :/

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Hi everyone,

Long time lurker here and for the longest time could not login, but I am back and I hope to be more engaged in this community :)

Long story short, my boyfriend of two years broke up with me the week before Christmas. Out of the blue he told me he that he didn't love me anymore, that I was the right person at the wrong time, and that he didnt have time for a relationship. He is 23, and I am 24 and I was pretty devastated, especially right before the holidays.

He wants to remain friends and I know we probably will be (I mean I love the guy), but I honestly want nothing to do with him. I go from being really sad to angry to sad again. I know I will be alright and that there are plenty of fish in the sea, but our lives are so integrated. We work together, we have tons of mutual friends (we both moved to the area at the same time to take a job, thats how we met). I know time heals all wounds, but do you guys have any advice on how to deal with this? I'm feeling so down :/

You should get closure.

Rokal

Get some distance if one of you still has feelings for the other. You can try the friends thing down the road, but clean-breaks are the fastest and easiest way to move on.

Alrus

Hi everyone,

Well he shouldn't expect you to instantly act like friends, but it might happen down the road (it'll take time though, obviously). I agree with Rokal, get some distance.

RM8

A highly homophobic christian aunt freaks out when one of her dogs mounts another since they're all female, lol. They're clearly evil lesbian dogs, since dogs only mount other dogs when they want to have dirty sinful sex.

BTW DmC is a 6.5/10 for me so far. I think I'll enjoy it more in my second playthrough - hard mode, classic costume, skipping every single cut-scene :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom