• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, neojubei: You could be worse... you could be Jeff. :) Though your moping seems to have calmed down, so~

Wilsongt

Well, neojubei: You could be worse... you could be Jeff. :) Though your moping seems to have calmed down, so~

Oh my God... Jeff... I can't...

Qj4NO6a.gif

_Isaac

?

Today we saw the Kinsey movie at school and everyone was in horror with the scene where Kinsey kisses Harry(?). It was disturbing and It felt like these people should be educated at once

What grade are you in? Were they down with Peter Sargaard's frontal scene?

daripad

What grade are you in? Were they down with Peter Sargaard's frontal scene?
University, that is why I am disapointed of my sexuality class, my classmates are still thinking like sex is a thing for crazy people.

What was that scene? Do you mean when the guy was naked and you could see his penis?

BeesEight

?

Today we saw the Kinsey movie at school and everyone was in horror with the scene where Kinsey kisses Harry(?). It was disturbing and It felt like these people should be educated at once

Didn't reach my word count. I'll probably take another stab at it but writing after 11 is usually Bad News Bears.

Never heard of the movie but seems like a strange response for university students.

TheSeks

CHEEZMO™;50913744 said:
How did they react when he stabbed himself in the cock?

Thanks for the spoilers, bro.

I was planning to see it but never got around to borrowing it from the library.

mantidor

He never stabbed himself, not that I remember, and that's the kind of scene you don't forget.

It's a good movie so weird you people didn't see it completly.

_Isaac

University, that is why I am disapointed of my sexuality class, my classmates are still thinking like sex is a thing for crazy people.

What was that scene? Do you mean when the guy was naked and you could see his penis?

Yeah that's the part. Maybe they were in horror because it was a dramatic turn of events.

He wasn't perma-banned? I suppose the mods are merciful, after all. People like that really make me question the nature of the world, sometimes...how there can exist individuals so twisted, so deluded within their narcissistic worldview fueled by a deeper misery and mental illness, with insanity only a hair's breadth away... A self-hating caricature. It's depressing.
(Disclaimer: some hyperbole may have been applied to this post.)

BeesEight

I don't really think he's a a bad guy but he wasn't very suited to being an active participant on a forum like GAF, I think.

I find very few people are actually bad but are generally st- say stupid things. He did have some worrisome beliefs and cognitions. It's unfortunate that he never seemed able to understand the other side that he infuriated.

Trigger

He wasn't banned again, I don't think. So there's always a chance he'll come back and with an even better head on his shoulders.

Sibylus

Banned
Daym, he thinks those comments were me trying to be mean? They were cutting to be sure, but he hasn't seen the dial flipped to mean. This cat doesn't bare its claws at big and empty noises, hun.

watched wreck-it ralph again
feeeellllls holy shit
when he smashes her kart and she can't get through the portal i almost cried tbh

Also, is the
girl from Hero's Duty supposed to be interpreted as Ripley or Samus? Judging by the game she was in and all the slight details that's what I got, but anyway Q*BERTTTT

Delio

Such a lovely game <3

And yes, extremely addictive

Extremely lovely and heart wrenching. Im pretty much at the end game push now.

Let's be friends!

yay more psn buddies! PSN: QueenDelio

watched wreck-it ralph again
feeeellllls holy shit
when he smashes her kart and she can't get through the portal i almost cried tbh

Also, is the
girl from Hero's Duty supposed to be interpreted as Ripley or Samus? Judging by the game she was in and all the slight details that's what I got, but anyway

I really need to see Wreck it Ralph.

Mr. F

Banned
Also, is the
girl from Hero's Duty supposed to be interpreted as Ripley or Samus? Judging by the game she was in and all the slight details that's what I got, but anyway Q*BERTTTT

That didn't cross my mind as a reference or allusion to other fictional characters, her arc is just a generic trope that's been around forever.
Hard ass because of personal tragedy, softens up after someone special comes along.

Pretty good movie though.

nickcv

Yes. It's pretty much a few hours of fan service, which is sweet.

i didn't like it too much, or at least not as much as i've hoped.
I found the dialogues lacking and a little bit childish and the story was sometimes a little bit over the place.
Don't get me wrong, i do love disney movies and i always watch them, but this time the jokes and the dialogues were too childish, and i mean 5 y/o childish.

Maybe it's just the italian localization and something was lost in translation.

edit: the movie is not bad per se, it's just not up to the disney and pixar standard imho

That didn't cross my mind as a reference or allusion to other fictional characters, her arc is just a generic trope that's been around forever.
Hard ass because of personal tragedy, softens up after someone special comes along.

Pretty good movie though.
Yeah, I guess that's probably the standard.

edit: the movie is not bad per se, it's just not up to the disney and pixar standard imho

Honestly I wouldn't have liked the film if it didn't contain the copious gaming references. It was the only appeal it had to me.
And most of the childish lines in the English version iirc were said by the little girl (Vanellope?)
but it was a little childish in presentation/

Mr. F

Banned
i didn't like it too much, or at least not as much as i've hoped.
I found the dialogues lacking and a little bit childish and the story was sometimes a little bit over the place.
Don't get me wrong, i do love disney movies and i always watch them, but this time the jokes and the dialogues were too childish, and i mean 5 y/o childish.

Hm, maybe it was the translation. Personally I found it hokey and ham-fisted in its sentimentality in places, but that's my general complaint with a lot of Disney movies. Still liked it and had a decent time watching but I'll probably never see it again.

Also the Pixar standard is slipping. :p I get what you mean though. On a side note, a lot of people I know think Wreck-it is a Pixar movie just because its computer animated. Smh.

(now playing, pluto - bjork hnngngngngnn)

Honestly at even my age I already find Pixar films a little boring (yes I'm 14 okay).
I can't really speak for translations as I saw the English one (an Australian localization would be especially hilarious), I found the mid-section of the movie dragged a lot, and then the ending picked up briefly.

nickcv

Yeah, I guess that's probably the standard.

Honestly I wouldn't have liked the film if it didn't contain the copious gaming references. It was the only appeal it had to me.
And most of the childish lines in the English version iirc were said by the little girl (Vanellope?)
but it was a little childish in presentation/

yeah, most childish jokes were said by Vanellope, but it was just toilet humor that only a really little kid could find funny/amusing

Hm, maybe it was the translation. Personally I found it hokey and ham-fisted in its sentimentality in places, but that's my general complaint with a lot of Disney movies. Still liked it and had a decent time watching but I'll probably never see it again.

Also the Pixar standard is slipping. :p I get what you mean though. On a side note, a lot of people I know think Wreck-it is a Pixar movie just because its computer animated. Smh.

yeah, i do agree with you, pixar is losing its touch.
Personally i think they still have to beat Finding Nemo, while Disney itself reached its comic climax with the Emperor's New Groove (which i think is way under-rated and disney should move it's ass and make a BR release)

(now playing, pluto - bjork hnngngngngnn)

Honestly at even my age I already find Pixar films a little boring (yes I'm 14 okay).
I can't really speak for translations as I saw the English one (an Australian localization would be especially hilarious), I found the mid-section of the movie dragged a lot, and then the ending picked up briefly.

you are probably just in that age bracket that cannot enjoy cartoons just because they are "for kids", but you'll get pass that phase soon don't worry.

you are probably just in that age bracket that cannot enjoy cartoons just because they are "for kids", but you'll get pass that phase soon don't worry.

Eh, probably. I must have the most un-enjoyable sense of humor to kids IRL though.
I've never really enjoyed cartoons much to start with so it also could be that

Mr. F

Banned
yeah, i do agree with you, pixar is losing its touch.
Personally i think they still have to beat Finding Nemo, while Disney itself reached its comic climax with the Emperor's New Groove (which i think is way under-rated and disney should move it's ass and make a BR release)

Personally I found Toy Story 3 was fantastic, but what's bumming me out is their sequel-centric focus as of late. Though I think I read somewhere once that they want to gear up to two features a year, so assuming at least one of those would be a fresh IP I'd be satisfied.

High five for the Emperor's New Groove love, definitely underrated. They were in a rough patch for a while, but Tangled was good. Honestly at this point I'm most excited to see what they do with the tech they developed for Paperman.

nickcv

Personally I found Toy Story 3 was fantastic, but what's bumming me out is their sequel-centric focus as of late. Though I think I read somewhere once that they want to gear up to two features a year, so assuming at least one of those would be a fresh IP I'd be satisfied.

High five for the Emperor's New Groove love, definitely underrated. They were in a rough patch for a while, but Tangled was good. Honestly at this point I'm most excited to see what they do with the tech they developed for Paperman.

I do like the Toy Story franchise, but i've never been a huge fan.
toy story 3 is really a great movie, but it's just not up there with Nemo, imho.

And i do agree with you about all those sequels.
What i want from them is seeing new worlds and be wowed by concept and story, and a sequel doesn't really let you do that.
When i was a kid sequels were just for home video, and i was ok with that.

Even the next pixar movie (the cars spinoff) i think it's a little bit underwhelming... explore, do something new, show me something i didn't ever thought about before!

TheSeks

I don't really think he's a a bad guy but he wasn't very suited to being an active participant on a forum like GAF, I think.

Did you see some of the shit he said and his mindviews? This isn't a problem of "being a participant on GAF" this is a problem with his worldview.

Alcoori

I went to see Up with some colleagues/friends back in the days and here you had 2 grown men crying while the two women were not.

I have to say I was disappointed by Brave, I found it really subpar compared to what I know Pixar can do. I love heroins, I love red-hair, why the fuck did they make a shitty movie??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom