• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeesEight

you are probably just in that age bracket that cannot enjoy cartoons just because they are "for kids", but you'll get pass that phase soon don't worry.

And then following that age comes the bracket where you hate them because you're cynical and they're crap.

I went to see Up with some colleagues/friends back in the days and here you had 2 grown men crying while the two women were not.

I have to say I was disappointed by Brave, I found it really subpar compared to what I know Pixar can do. I love heroins, I love red-hair, why the fuck did they make a shitty movie??

I was really disappointed with Brave too. I'm worried the trainwreck of that movie will discourage them from producing more stories from a female perspective. I really don't understand how that movie was so unfocused.

I won't even touch Up.

Pixar's good movies remain as Incredibles, Ratatouille, Toy Story 1 and WALL-E.

Odinson

I went to see Up with some colleagues/friends back in the days and here you had 2 grown men crying while the two women were not.

I have to say I was disappointed by Brave, I found it really subpar compared to what I know Pixar can do. I love heroins, I love red-hair, why the fuck did they make a shitty movie??

Loved Up! Such a good movie. I really want to see Wreck it Ralph, guess I'll catch it on Netflix. I had no interest in Brave, Toy Story 3 was pretty good just long and I liked Cars 1 haven't seen 2. I'm looking forward to Monster U though, and How to train your dragon 2.(I know it's DreamWorks but I loved the first one.)

So in the last few months, everyone has been confusing me as a "closet case" even though I am a heterosexual male. I've been called one by my cousin, my close high school friends (in university now so I don't see them that much) and now my university friends as well. I even had a few gay males call me cute. :\ So uh, I was just wondering, what could cause people to say/think this? Btw, I'm not trying to sound offensive and I don't care who people are in love with.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
This gave me a decent laugh.

I won't even touch Up.
Won't touch as in didn't see it or refuse to talk about it?

So in the last few months, everyone has been confusing me as a "closet case" even though I am a heterosexual male. I've been called one by my cousin, my close high school friends (in university now so I don't see them that much) and now my university friends as well. I even had a few gay males call me cute. :\ So uh, I was just wondering, what could cause people to say/think this? Btw, I'm not trying to sound offensive and I don't care who people are in love with.
You probably have some attributes that fit your friends' idea of a gay man, but it's probably not anything concrete enough that you'll be able to change it. When people asked if I was gay and I asked why they had had the idea to begin with, they could never actually muster up any examples, and it always seemed to be more about characteristics I didn't have rather than those I did. Don't worry about it too much.

Anybody going to PAX East? So excited for tomorrrow! Last year was the first year I went (and first convention of any type I've ever been to), but we only went for Saturday. We're doing all three days this year, so I'll actually be able to see and do everything. Staying at our friend's apartment in Jamaica Plain instead of driving in is going to make things much easier this time. And the fact that actual games are going to be announced this time, yay! Can't wait.

Miles X

I couldn't say without meeting you, on the bright side you can go to clubs, pretend you're gay, have hot girls fawn over you and then make out you're curious.

Delio

(now playing, pluto - bjork hnngngngngnn)

Honestly at even my age I already find Pixar films a little boring (yes I'm 14 okay).
I can't really speak for translations as I saw the English one (an Australian localization would be especially hilarious), I found the mid-section of the movie dragged a lot, and then the ending picked up briefly.

14? Younger than I thought. Ah well. I dunno I still love Pixar films,hell Up got me crying.

Dany

Banned

Its all about the mannerisms, how friendly you are and the way you dress.

Which is incredibly shallow but what can you do?

Trigger

Are you sure you're not gay?

lol, don't take it too seriously. They're probably making assumptions based on stereotypes.

RM8

Boo, back in Mexico.

Man, I'd totally consider sleeping around if I lived in Japan
no, not really.
:p What a ridiculous, disproportionate ratio of good-looking-to-not-good-looking-guys. And a lot of them being 3DS owners no less ;)

BeesEight

As others have mentioned, it's probably that you have some stereotypical characteristics. Either you dress nice or you don't act all alpha male or something. Without meeting you, I don't think any of us could tell you what it is that's giving people the wrong impression.

Or maybe you've never dated a girl? I don't know. Just politely tell them that you're not. I'm not sure I see the problem here. Plus, you can probably wrangle that to get girls. The ladies love gay men so if people confuse you as one you've got a perfect in.

Won't touch as in didn't see it or refuse to talk about it?

Won't talk about it. It know it's many people's darling and I thought it was one of Pixar's worst showings in recent times. Granted, I never saw Cars.

Man, I'd totally consider sleeping around if I lived in Japan
no, not really.
:p What a ridiculous, disproportionate ratio of good-looking-to-not-good-looking-guys. And a lot of them being 3DS owners no less ;)

Did we go to the same Japan?

Anyone here a fan of John Grant? New album "Pale Green Ghosts" out in UK. Dark throbbing synths, witty honest lyrics, great voice. Talks about homophobia and heartbreaks. Plus that beard!

ib0qigG4qoMLFm.jpg

Made a thread of his new album, thought some people might want to check it out.

Listen: Pale Green Ghosts

Guys, sorry to bring this up, but Jefrey claimed gay bars in Montreal had banned women. Just to set the record straight, cuz Montreal is a fantastic city, gay bars in Montreal haven't banned women. Unless he's hanging out in sex booth theatres, or fisting clubs, there are many women of all orientations who frequent gay bars there, many who add and enrich the fun and liveliness.

Alcoori

Guys, sorry to bring this up, but Jefrey claimed gay bars in Montreal had banned women. Just to set the record straight, cuz Montreal is a fantastic city, gay bars in Montreal haven't banned women. Unless he's hanging out in sex booth theatres, or fisting clubs, there are many women of all orientations who frequent gay bars there, many who add and enrich the fun and liveliness.

I think you got your answer right there. I have been meaning to go to Montreal and it'll be my next destination but I'll wait for the weather to be a bit better first, ha.

Mr. F

Banned
Hoping to go over to Montreal for the first time at some point this summer to visit a family friend. I wish I could afford to go to Osheaga but festivals are crazy pricy (or at least they are in my current financial situation).

Sibylus

Banned
Woman tells you she'd love to be inside of you.
Woman is on complete other side of continent.
Mourn the cruel and dark universe in which you live.

I had a somewhat erotic dream last night where I was dating Tony Stark. It was Robert Downy Jr but like a muscle daddy build. Gwyneth paltrow was in my dream too but she didn't do much. We didn't have sex but we did hug but I can't recall a lot of it. I remember waking up and thinking that was really weird.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I had a somewhat erotic dream last night where I was dating Tony Stark. It was Robert Downy Jr but like a muscle daddy build. Gwyneth paltrow was in my dream too but she didn't do much. We didn't have sex but we did hug but I can't recall a lot of it. I remember waking up and thinking that was really weird.

Your subconscious is telling you that you're straight. Just go with it.

Where've you been?

Edit: quit reading comic books before bed. And stop reading the travesty that is Uncanny Avengers.

No, I mean Gwyneth was there playing the role of Pepper Potts. The eroticism was coming from Tony. I think its my subconcious telling me I need robotic sex toys.

Oh, is that all? Your body is just now able to completely comprehend the pure, distilled sexual charisma that is RDJ.
Embrace it.

UX8KYI3.gif

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
What's she going to do inside of you? Are you joining an international fisting club? Do they exclude men?

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Oh man, that's me with an old FB back home. There are times I absolutely would book a flight to get more of that. THE BEST.

BeesEight

Iknowthatfeel.jpeg

Oh, is that all? Your body is just now able to completely comprehend the pure, distilled sexual charisma that is RDJ.
Embrace it.

Has anyone had a more successful reboot to their career?

I don't get the gif.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom