• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Great long-term results in my own experience. I think you might be able to bulk up doing it, but you'd have to use big weights.
yeah, I'm almost finished (week twelve), and I'm super pleased with how my overall fitness has improved. It's given me a really solid base to build on should I choose to.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
yeah, I'm almost finished (week twelve), and I'm super pleased with how my overall fitness has improved. It's given me a really solid base to build on should I choose to.

So when you're finished with it, do you just start over from the beginning again or what?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
So when you're finished with it, do you just start over from the beginning again or what?

I mean, I could. I don't really think I'm at a point where I'll stop getting results.

I'm going to try doing P90X2, which I've heard decent things about, but it's more of a lifestyle thing at this point. I like getting the hour or so of physical activity in, and P90X was a great way of getting relatively varied, well-rounded exercise in for the past three months.

I'm might hit a point in the future where my results start dropping off, but given where I was starting regarding stuff like muscle development, flexibility and larger athletic performance, I notice tangible improvements on an almost a week to week basis (certainly on a monthly basis), which is, you know, nice.

You are being ridiculous right now. These issues may be similar but they are not the same and having a kink does not prevent you from anything. 24% got fired from their job? What the fuck were they doing? Wearing a dog collar and going around on all four? Talking about how they got fisted last weekend?

One person had a kink conference scheduled on a private pocket calendar that a co-worker saw and reported to their boss. Another was seen walking into a club. Fetlife accounts, even if not containing photos, are a prime way of losing anonymity. Christ, you'd expect queers of all people to understand the fucking closet.

What the fuck is a raped person at a BDSM event supposed to do? Go to the police? If they do that, they run a substantial risk of being prosecuted as an accessory to their own assault, or drawing police attention to the event next time it's scheduled. We do our best to police ourselves, but it's still a huge problem.

This isn't even entirely about kink anymore. It's about the mainstream gay community's mad dash to throw any element of the movement under the bus at the slightest hint that the straights don't like them.

Sai-kun

Banned
Is this serious? Haha. The point for me has usually been around 3 months.

Edit: well, by that point I would have been spending most of my time with them, so it would have been way beyond casual dating. I'm probably cray cray. Although, my current bf definitely said it way before me.

IDK. I've only ever been in one long term relationship, and I think we started saying it after half a year, although it was kind of opposite of your situation, because we were spending maybe once a week with each other, maybe more if we got the chance.

The word carries a ton of weight for me, so even though I throw it around with all my friends a lot, saying it in a relationship or to someone i care about is pretty huge to me.

also here is a small checklist i compiled of things my ideal BF has to be and the X next to an item means that a person i've been chatting with recently doesn't meet that requirement

He's cute
Glasses
Nice facial hair
Plays video games
Loves battlestar galactica

so far so good right? and then i found out

he has a boyfriend

womp womp

fuckin fuck. he mentioned it in an offhand comment while we were texting each other. how stupid. get the fuck off grindr or at least list yourself as being in a relationship.

Edit: ha ha now he's listed as being in an open relationship. If I had known that I wouldn't have even bothered.

BeesEight

I mean, I could. I don't really think I'm at a point where I'll stop getting results.

I'm going to try doing P90X2, which I've heard decent things about, but it's more of a lifestyle thing at this point. I like getting the hour or so of physical activity in, and P90X was a great way of getting relatively varied, well-rounded exercise in for the past three months.

I'm might hit a point in the future where my results start dropping off, but given where I was starting regarding stuff like muscle development, flexibility and larger athletic performance, I notice tangible improvements on an almost a week to week basis (certainly on a monthly basis), which is, you know, nice.

I'm going to start P90x2 soon too. I'm a little worried since it calls for even more equipment than P90x but I just don't see myself grabbing all the different rollers, medicine balls and whatnot for it. I'm hoping it's got some decent alternatives available.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

I did it for 120 days, I never followed it strictly, I just did them in whatever order.

I see. So you can do the P90X program over and over again and continue to see results? That's good to know.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
This isn't even entirely about kink anymore. It's about the mainstream gay community's mad dash to throw any element of the movement under the bus at the slightest hint that the straights don't like them.
What other elements of the movement has the gay community thrown under the bus?

I've read your posts in the thread and I'm not entirely sure what you're advocating. What do equal rights for kinky people look like? How would you change the workplace environment--and where's the line between not being ashamed to admit you're part of the kink community and disclosing intimate sexual details in an environment in which doing so is inappropriate?

Alcoori

Good job! I'm about to finish my 5th P90X cycle, I have 3 weeks left.
I keep doing it over and over again because I am too lazy to design my own workout program and P90x has done wonders for my fitness. I dropped 2 sizes of pants, have almost no body fat and I'm not even following the program strictly: I don't do plyo, I do KenpoX+ instead, I don't do the abs workout and I don't follow the diet (but eat pretty healthy and also I'm a vegetarian).

As an illustration, here is what I looked like when I started 2 years ago with a comparison of how I look as of a week ago.
fKDt3N6.jpg

I think it's time for me to get bigger though, I feel almost too skinny.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Great work, Alcoori. Physically, your start point is very similar to mine. Inspiring!

I see. So you can do the P90X program over and over again and continue to see results? That's good to know.

The workouts aren't necessarily meant to get easier as you go. As you get fitter you push yourself more, lift heavier weight, etc.

(Although, I suspect DR2K or Alcoori can probably speak with a little more authority on the matter. I suspect there are eventual upper bounds.)

Dead Man

Good job! I'm about to finish my 5th P90X cycle, I have 3 weeks left.
I keep doing it over and over again because I am too lazy to design my own workout program and P90x has done wonders for my fitness. I dropped 2 sizes of pants, have almost no body fat and I'm not even following the program strictly: I don't do plyo, I do KenpoX+ instead, I don't do the abs workout and I don't follow the diet (but eat pretty healthy and also I'm a vegetarian).

As an illustration, here is what I looked like when I started 2 years ago with a comparison of how I look as of a week ago.
fKDt3N6.jpg

I think it's time for me to get bigger though, I feel almost too skinny.

Damn nice work man.

You're back! Let me bust out the welcome balloons.
Heh, thanks.

What other elements of the movement has the gay community thrown under the bus?

I've read your posts in the thread and I'm not entirely sure what you're advocating. What do equal rights for kinky people look like? How would you change the workplace environment--and where's the line between not being ashamed to admit you're part of the kink community and disclosing intimate sexual details in an environment in which doing so is inappropriate?

I think the point is not about disclosing intimate details at work, but that ones sex life should never be grounds for discriminiation as long as it is consenual acts. Accidental disclosures should not result in job loss.

BeesEight

Great results Alcoori! I regret not doing before shots. Would probably help with the motivation.

I've been doing a similar structure as well, though after the third cycle I moved on to Insanity and finishing that up kind of mix and match them. The one thing I've noticed is it's not really great for bulking, though I wasn't really following the nutrition guide until I started the Insanity workout.

And then I discovered you have to eat a shit ton of food if you want to get big. Have you done nothing else to supplement fat loss? I can't seem to get a defined mid no matter how many ab routines I do.

Alcoori

Great results Alcoori! I regret not doing before shots. Would probably help with the motivation.

I've been doing a similar structure as well, though after the third cycle I moved on to Insanity and finishing that up kind of mix and match them. The one thing I've noticed is it's not really great for bulking, though I wasn't really following the nutrition guide until I started the Insanity workout.

And then I discovered you have to eat a shit ton of food if you want to get big. Have you done nothing else to supplement fat loss? I can't seem to get a defined mid no matter how many ab routines I do.

Oh the before/after shots were definitely essential to motivate myself to continue doing it. Like Rez say, you end up noticing changes from one week to the other and that's great for people who didn't like working out initially.

I haven't done anything to supplement fat loss, no. Like I said I eat very healthy compared to most people I know. I just loosely watch my calorie intake, swore off butter, keep my sugar intake at a minimum, don't use salt, and make sure to get a very varied diet. Of course once in a while I have fries, nachos and co. The key is to allow yourself a "cheat" day once in a while and because I've been working out, I don't feel guilty!

However, my last ounces of fat are all located in my lower belly and my ass. I only have 4 abs because of that and although fat in my butt should be great, it's not. I have not be blessed by the bubble butt gene.

RM8

Man, I should try that. I've read nothing but positive results. I could use a bit of muscles on my bones.

BeesEight

Oh the before/after shots were definitely essential to motivate myself to continue doing it. Like Rez say, you end up noticing changes from one week to the other and that's great for people who didn't like working out initially.

I haven't done anything to supplement fat loss, no. Like I said I eat very healthy compared to most people I know. I just loosely watch my calorie intake, swore off butter, keep my sugar intake at a minimum, don't use salt, and make sure to get a very varied diet. Of course once in a while I have fries, nachos and co. The key is to allow yourself a "cheat" day once in a while and because I've been working out, I don't feel guilty!

However, my last ounces of fat are all located in my lower belly and my ass. I only have 4 abs because of that and although fat in my butt should be great, it's not. I have not be blessed by the bubble butt gene.

Well, I think you look great. I controlled my diet more strictly before and didn't really seem to make much headway. Haven't been super on it of late but I've never really been that terrible in my diet. For me, I think the biggest thing is I'm not getting enough calories which makes things even more tricky if I'm trying to watch fat as well.

Not really thread worth-ly but Magic Johnson's Son comes out.

You dangerous, girl.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...-out-as-gay-holds-hands-with-boyfriend-201324

Am I a terrible person for not knowing which one was Magic Johnson's son?

Ty4on

I think the point is not about disclosing intimate details at work, but that ones sex life should never be grounds for discriminiation as long as it is consenual acts. Accidental disclosures should not result in job loss.
Finally this got said. Sexuality is neither rational nor a choice. Whatever you do as long as all parts agree etc. etc. it's nobody else's business. It's like firing people for liking rap music, who cares?

I do agree that we need a more progressive view on sexuality and stop pretending all are one of three groupes or mentally ill.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
How much space do you need to use P90X? Do you need an airplane hangar sized room like for Kinect or do small rooms work too?

An average sized room works just fine. As long as you're not doing it in an apartment bathroom you'll be alright.

pirata

I hope not. I didn't even know who Magic Johnson was, but I now know that he has a wife named Cookie.

Oh, God, his parents' names are Magic and Cookie, I bet they gave him an equally ridiculous name.

...EJ? It must stand for "Elastic Jalapeno" or something.

Lucario

IDK. I've only ever been in one long term relationship, and I think we started saying it after half a year, although it was kind of opposite of your situation, because we were spending maybe once a week with each other, maybe more if we got the chance.

The word carries a ton of weight for me, so even though I throw it around with all my friends a lot, saying it in a relationship or to someone i care about is pretty huge to me.

also here is a small checklist i compiled of things my ideal BF has to be and the X next to an item means that a person i've been chatting with recently doesn't meet that requirement

He's cute
Glasses
Nice facial hair
Plays video games
Loves battlestar galactica

so far so good right? and then i found out

he has a boyfriend

womp womp

fuckin fuck. he mentioned it in an offhand comment while we were texting each other. how stupid. get the fuck off grindr or at least list yourself as being in a relationship.

Edit: ha ha now he's listed as being in an open relationship. If I had known that I wouldn't have even bothered.

why are you using grindr to try to find a partner
grindr is for hookups.

Ive done a month of p90x and a month of insanity before and greatly prefered insanity. less workout time, virtually no equipment, and I personally was more after fat burning than anything else.

Once school is done this week, I shall restart it.

The pull up bars seem like a bit of an issue, though. My doors don't have that "frame", lol.

just get bands with the door stopper. unless you live in one of those houses where the top and bottom of the door have gaps lol. but there are bands. i think you can google special ways to do it maybe.

Mr. F

Banned
The pull up bars seem like a bit of an issue, though. My doors don't have that "frame", lol.

I've known some people to use resistance bands as a substitute for pull up bars in a pinch, but pull up bars are understandably the more effective option.

Also, one more week of school yeeeeeesssssss

8ZHgPdB.gif

I've known some people to use resistance bands as a substitute for pull up bars in a pinch, but pull up bars are understandably the more effective option.

Also, one more week of school yeeeeeesssssss

8ZHgPdB.gif

if you have the cash get a stamina bar or go hang out in a park and use the jungle gym set

LOCK

So after pulling out of my driveway, I spot the hottest guy I've seen in a while. You can tell he just got done with his run. Naturally I slow down, goggle eyed on him, almost hit the curb lol

To make matters worse (for the temperamental scourge in my pants) after making a prolonged eye contact, he smiles and takes his shirt off.

God Damn.

I know what I'm going to be doing everyday for the rest of the week, going for a jog about the same time hoping we "by chance" run into each other.

Hopefully i can get back to working out once my wrist recovers from surgery. Been bothering me for a year and i was in good shape before =(

Dead Man

So there's a GAF thread on this P90X stuff right? I think I've seen one.

So after pulling out of my driveway, I spot the hottest guy I've seen in a while. You can tell he just got done with his run. Naturally I slow down, goggle eyed on him, almost hit the curb lol

To make matters worse (for the temperamental scourge in my pants) after making a prolonged eye contact, he smiles and takes his shirt off.

God Damn.

I know what I'm going to be doing everyday for the rest of the week, going for a jog about the same time hoping we "by chance" run into each other.

GO FOR IT

daripad

All this fitness talk is making me feel sad :(

I was doing everything alright but then in 4 days I think I have gained all the weight I've been losing because I've been eating like a pig. Thankfully tomorrow I'll be back to exercising and eating less junk.

Also Alcoori, good progress ;)

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I think i might buy p90x once i get rid of some of my bills and debit. Wish i had the genes to have a nice body though or even look cute.

Dead Man

might want to start running there

No way, my knees are fucked from stupid times in the army when I was much younger. And I weigh too damn much to be running anyway. Bike riding isn't really great for them either technically, the range of motion is too narrow, but it seems to have helped a lot anyway.

Edit: too much whinging LOL. I feel much better than I used to before I started riding, that's for sure.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ambiguous, dude: Using big words doesn't make you sound smarter.

Just saying™.

Though if you're going to go down the "OMG WHY ARE GHEYS TRYING TO BE STRAIGHT" route here's a book of essays for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom